Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:33   #4111
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrahul View Post
Hi SDP, I got an ECL while doing about 100+ on a recent travel. As a matter of fact I am sitting at the service centre right now and have been told that the ECU indicates a clogged Air filter. They are replacing the same and will test again. The vehicle response didn't change post the ECL lamp coming on so I didn't doubt a problem with the turbo and neither did any other major light turn on. So I drove it about 100 KMS and today brought it to the service centre. Waiting for their final verdict. I guess at such times I really feel the need for an OBD device which can atleast tell me if I can drive further or should I tow the vehicle without causing further damage.
If it is indeed just a clogged air filter, that's good news. Do let is know the updates.

Please have a look at basic OBD2 devices with bluetooth interface. Those things come really handy and are not expensive at all.
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:54   #4112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends.
Can some one tell me/advise about the following modifications of XUV5OO.
1. Tein suspension springs.
2. Increasing Ground clearance possibilities.
3. Diesel Tronic installation
Thanks
I have done # 1 and 3 on my XUV. Happy with both. Please note that the Tiens will be stiffer springs and will not give you a plush ride. Dieseltronics is a hero in my XUV. I have used it in my previous vehicle as well. It has increased the drivability of my XUV in a humongous way. Also, I feel that the vehicle is much more smoother and quieter when compared to other similar run XUVs, thanks to Dieseltronics.
sk7671 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:34   #4113
BHPian

Hi, so the ECL is gone after replacing the Air filter. I had told them of another issue which was a constant "trrr" sound coming from the engine specially from audible from the right hand side AC went with the AC on and it gets more and more audible with time. The technician told me that the AC tensioner and the gears are causing this may need to be replaced. He has taken it to the workshop again to check and replace.
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:34   #4114
BHPian

Sk7671, how much did it cost to get dieseltronics and what about the warranty. As of now I manage to chug out about 16 kmpl in the city with a non AC drive and on the highway about 18. But I want to somehow enhance the low end drivability.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:44   #4115
BHPian

ECL turned off after replacing the Air Filter. Have also changed a torshener for the AC which was making the "trrr" sound and that sound has vanished as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1483362825252.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1483362839632.jpg  

rapidrahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:37   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
Where can we fix the following in Xuv500:
1. OBD II? How useful will it be ?
2. Dieseltronic. Can this be used on some other vehicle as well after I sell my Xuv500?
Old 5th January 2017, 19:02   #4117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
1. OBD II? How useful will it be ?
Check this link to know what OBD-II is.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-dummies.html

Quote:
2. Dieseltronic. Can this be used on some other vehicle as well after I sell my Xuv500?
I don't think it is possible as each box is manufactured (read maps) for the specific car. Can't be interchanged.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 11:33   #4118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This is the issue with Steering Alignment sensor, please tell them specifically and get it fixed. Usually they just clear the error codes and give it back to you. Make sure you take a stand and get it rectified.

Again, might be issues with some sensors, get it fixed ASAP. Don't let them to clear the error codes without fixing it.

If they still don't budge then write to customer care escalating the issue.
My fault lights came ON again this time while I was in Goa, the last time I was assured by G3 that it was fixed, so I promptly sent a message to customer care saying that G3 is unable to fix my issues with the fault lights coming ON after several complaints. The next day I received a call from the Service Advisor inquiring about the problem and requested me to bring the vehicle to the workshop.

I have given the car to them yesterday and told them that if they are not able to fix the issue this time I would tweet Mr. Anand Mahindra saying that G3 is not capable of fixing my issue after several complaints.

The Service Advisor then said that he will have to send the car out on a long 100km+ road test, I was shocked and flatly refused saying that I cannot allow a 100km road test because there is no surety that the fault lights will come ON, I told him that since the last faults lights came On while I was in Goa I have driven 1500kms+ and the fault lights have not come ON yet.

I am not sure why they are not able to check the fault codes to diagnose the issue, I think they are using a trial and error method.

Will update this post once I hear from them again on what they did to rectify the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20161218_180315_resized_1.jpg  

ssadwelkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 11:57   #4119
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
My fault lights came ON again this time while I was in Goa,...
These lights are typically associated with the wheel velocity sensors or the steering angle sensor. A lot of people have faced this or a variation of this problem with multiple fault lights lit up in the dash. I don't really understand why its so difficult for them to fix it once and for all.

Quote:
The Service Advisor then said that he will have to send the car out on a long 100km+ road test, I was shocked and flatly refused saying that I cannot allow a 100km road test because there is no surety that the fault lights will come ON, I told him that since the last faults lights came On while I was in Goa I have driven 1500kms+ and the fault lights have not come ON yet.

I am not sure why they are not able to check the fault codes to diagnose the issue, I think they are using a trial and error method.
100Kms road-test?
The fault codes do get stored in the ECU, right? Everybody knows that.
If you have a photo evidence that the lights came up, that's more than enough to prove that the problem did happen. Let them figure out how to fix it. Talk to your Area Customer Care Manager anyways to keep the pressure on.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 12:20   #4120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
that the fault lights will come ON, I told him that since the last faults lights came On while I was in Goa I have driven 1500kms+ and the fault lights have not come ON yet.
One main issue with resolution of similar issue when it happened to my car was that the service center first clears any error log (instead of checking the cause and fixing), they then say they are unable to find the cause.

In my case it was due to steering alignment sensor requiring recalibration after a wheel alignment. The error used to come up for me only after driving for ~ 12 KMs or so. You can try that too.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 11:02   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
In my case it was due to steering alignment sensor requiring recalibration after a wheel alignment. The error used to come up for me only after driving for ~ 12 KMs or so. You can try that too.
In my case the error came up after almost 2000kms this time, after going through the TBHP posts the last time I did mention about the steering alignment sensor to the Service Advisor and he had assured me that it was taken care of.
ssadwelkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 16:30   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
100Kms road-test?
The fault codes do get stored in the ECU, right? Everybody knows that.
If you have a photo evidence that the lights came up, that's more than enough to prove that the problem did happen. Let them figure out how to fix it. Talk to your Area Customer Care Manager anyways to keep the pressure on.
I just got my car back from the workshop and this time the Service Advisor says that they found an error code with a yellow exclamation mark for the steering stability program, so they have flashed the software and has assured me once more that the issue is fixed, only time will tell I guess.

I didn't know there was steering stability program software that could be flashed.
ssadwelkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:46   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
The key in the above lines was "till now." Short lived happiness. Now the vehicle jerks like one does with a low RPM on a higher gear, even though it is being driven at a decently high RPM.
Shifting gears sometimes feels like the clutch has not been depressed fully even though that is never the case.
Another visit on the cards.
Got the vehicle back yesterday. They replaced the slave cylinder, again and the clutch. Haven't felt the jerks yet, neither the loss of power but the vehicle sounds coarser. They say that they replaced the flywheel, clutch plates and the slave cylinder. Also they had the nerve to say that the new clutch is not covered under warranty instead its a wear and tear part. Perhaps will get that in writing from them. A new assembly and not covered under warranty?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20170110_155832_resized.jpg  

Old 12th January 2017, 15:08   #4124
BHPian

I was able to see reverse camera output in console after pressing reverse camera on touchscreen without engaging reverse gear. My camera went kaput and I had installed a new one at ASC. But with this new camera, it shows black screen if I start it using touchscreen. It switches on only when reverse gear is engaged.

As per ASC, it is always like that in all XUVs but I remember it used to work fine from touchscreen earlier. I am not sure if this a niggle. anyone else faced this?
Old 12th January 2017, 15:18   #4125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
As per ASC, it is always like that in all XUVs but I remember it used to work fine from touchscreen earlier.
You are right. I use this frequently. When in traffic jams, i switch on the reverse camera through the touchscreen and keep an eye on motorists getting too close to zip-zap and cause the scratches. So in a nutshell, reverse camera can be engaged without a reverse gear and this is how it has been for past year or so I am using XUV.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks