Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2016, 22:44   #4066
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Well, Least for me, I have started facing a different set of niggles now with the new update,

1. Navigation doesn't work
2. System Restarts on its own
3. Reverse camera hangs at times

I will post some pictures of the version number and UI soon.
Thanks for feedback. I really am amazed as to how after so many years/models/versions/updates M&M have still not been able to get their ICE right. It is surprising as to how every owner has his own set of ICE niggles and his very own jugaad to overcome it.
Old 2nd December 2016, 23:38   #4067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Thanks for feedback. I really am amazed as to how after so many years/models/versions/updates M&M have still not been able to get their ICE right. It is surprising as to how every owner has his own set of ICE niggles and his very own jugaad to overcome it.
Its not just the ICE, Its also with the car, Front 2 shock absorbers were replaced under warranty couple of days back after repeated complain regarding how the car was behaving while going through a pothole, Unfortunately there is just soo much to update regarding my XUV, I literally would have to take out a couple of hours easily to pen it down.
Old 5th December 2016, 20:41   #4068
BHPian

My W10 sunroof is acting crazy suddenly, it gets stuck sometimes and unable to open the sunroof but it works suddenly, i asked Sireesh to check sunroof and they said there is no issue, i am unable to replicate and show them the issue .
No matter how many times i tell the service advisor they keep showing me that it works. I am bit worrier how to show this issue, any suggestions please??

This is 1.5 yrs old vehicle and i want to ensure this is fixed soon

-AM
Old 5th December 2016, 21:11   #4069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
No matter how many times i tell the service advisor they keep showing me that it works. I am bit worrier how to show this issue, any suggestions please??
You can record a video through your phone and use that to show. Try that.

Also meanwhile, check if there are any dust or saplings stuck that obstruct the movement?

Did you try car wash - any leakages, dampness observed?
Old 5th December 2016, 22:17   #4070
BHPian

Yes, i will take the video, it looks like a motor or some intermittent connection issue, it works unexpectedly and i dont see anything stuck in rails, when i press the button it gives a tak tak noise and it tries to open.
When a customer spent 20lac they should trust customers complaint.
Old 6th December 2016, 14:13   #4071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
I am also looking for getting the teins installed on my new age XUV W8. My major issue is that family is complaining about too much bumpy ride, especially in the middle row. It would be of great help if I get the long term feedback on the teins and of any issues faced during this term (both in terms of comfort and service related).

I confirmed that they are available at bangalore, and got a quote of 35000/- for the springs and 3000/- for installation.
Any idea how much does the original ones cost if you get them from ASS?
Old 6th December 2016, 15:16   #4072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Any idea how much does the original ones cost if you get them from ASS?
I had not specifically checked from Mahindra Service center on the prices.

Should cost around 6500/- for front(including shock absorber and spring) as per online sources. and spring itself should cost around 2200/- to 2400/-.
Old 7th December 2016, 17:32   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
My W10 sunroof is acting crazy suddenly, it gets stuck sometimes and unable to open the sunroof but it works suddenly, i asked Sireesh to check sunroof and they said there is no issue, i am unable to replicate and show them the issue .

This is 1.5 yrs old vehicle and i want to ensure this is fixed soon

-AM
I too face similar issue and is more in the morning or night. Once the vehicle is driven during day time it opens on one or two attempts. Looks like the rubber beading is the culprit. I am planning to show this to service center soon but I am worried if they will mess up something else.
Old 8th December 2016, 00:25   #4074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I too face similar issue and is more in the morning or night. Once the vehicle is driven during day time it opens on one or two attempts. Looks like the rubber beading is the culprit. I am planning to show this to service center soon but I am worried if they will mess up something else.
It is better to fix it as soon as possible before the warranty expires, the attitude of the dealer is not to attend to such issues immediately and attend it after warranty expires to get their share of profit in spares sales. I am sure this is not the first time they see these kind of sunroof issues in XUV, i am going to complain to them one more time and will write to Mahindra customer care about this issue. we should not see these issues in a 20 lac car.

-AM

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2017 at 09:39. Reason: Language
muke31 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th December 2016, 15:25   #4075
BHPian

Back on this thread just after 30k kms. Recently, whenever I accelerate, for a few microseconds, the vehicle seems to lose power, just after pressing the accelerator.

Almost like I am lugging the vehicle at very low speeds in a high gear, but only for a very short time.

Spoke to the RM at 30k service. He got the clutch lubricated and the air filter cleaned. Wrote on the job card that the clutch is working 100%.

Asked me to take the vehicle home. But the problem persists.

The background is at around 8k kms, I had posted on this same forum about the clutch pedal going in and not coming out. They did tests and said everything is ok and there are no leakages.
Now the trouble is, the pedal has not gone in since then and hence no follow ups from my side.
What could be the cause?. Is it the clutch/ cylinders or something else? Turbo seems to be ok. There is no loss of power as such. Would appreciate any help.

Last edited by SDP : 20th January 2017 at 12:29. Reason: minor typo
Old 9th December 2016, 16:43   #4076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
What could be the cause?. Is it the clutch/ cylinders or something else? Turbo seems to be ok. There is no loss of power as such. Would appreciate any help.
I think its related to the fuel supply. Get the diesel filter checked.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 09:50   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I think its related to the fuel supply. Get the diesel filter checked.
Getting the same done today. Through the antics and diversionary tactics of the service people there, i have a hunch that they suspect that it is the clutch which is at fault, though they won't admit it outright. They may try to talk me out of a warranty claim i believe by claiming that it happened because of clutch riding(which i never do.) I plan to fight it come what may.

Speculations aside, let things unfold. I have a Rajasthan trip coming up mid next week and i fear that this will eat away my holidays.

Last edited by ampere : 12th December 2016 at 10:05. Reason: Formatted
Old 12th December 2016, 12:38   #4078
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
...i had posted on this same forum about the clutch pedal going in and not coming out. They did tests and said everything is ok and there are no leakages.
Now the trouble is, the pedal has not gone in since then and hence no follow ups from my side.
Please search on this thread. Clutch pedal sinking and not returning to its original position has been fairly common in first-Gen XUVs. Surprised to see the niggle continuing in next-Gen as well. Its due to the slave-cylinder of the clutch hydraulics. Keep an eye on this issue. Its typically the first sign of a total clutch failure. Just check with your RM, if anything was replaced when you had complained last time. A part replaced under warranty does not show up in the invoice that you get. So quite possible that the slave-cylinder was replaced, but RM did not mention it to you.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:11   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please search on this thread. Clutch pedal sinking and not returning to its original position has been fairly common in first-Gen XUVs. Surprised to see the niggle continuing in next-Gen as well.
Hi SDP, nope mine the old gen as well. Bought it just before the new Age came out.
RM confirmed that nothing was replaced on the complaint. They simply could not find anything at fault. I being a novice, agreed.

However, that will be a contention point for me, lest they try and cheat me out of a warranty claim which i suspect from the not so subtle hints like "XUV clutches go bad by 35k, clutch riding is the likely cause" I absolutely detest this, the mentality. Admit the vehicle is at fault and rectify it rather than going back and forth, trying to squeeze the customer into paying for a fault that is admittedly with the product itself.

Had been pretty satisfied with the vehicle and the quality of service till now, but heck one bad apple and the produce is spoiled.
But like i said, i will refrain from further speculation till they diagnose the cause. Then i will go to any lengths to fight for what is right.
Right now they are just beating around the bush.
Old 12th December 2016, 14:36   #4080
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
I own the 1st generation xuv5oo 2012 model. Besides the small niggles here and there, what I dislike the most is the vehicle bouncing and going "thud thud" in the smallest of pot holes. This is mainly to the monocoque design. After driving the new age xuv5oo I'm surprised to see that the problem still persists.
Is there any way to modify or solve the problem?
Another question is, is it possible to raise the vehicle that is improve the ground clearance ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks