Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 13:35   #3916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
My friend's W6 suffered the same fate a couple of months back, when he was traveling back to Bangalore from Lonavala. He escalated this to the higher ups in Mahindra and got the master cylinder and other parts replaced free of cost. His vehicle is also 2 years old and has 33K on the odo. So, it is possible to get the parts replaced under warranty. Only thing is to know how to escalate and get the job done. Riding the clutch is not the reason for this failure, it is the bad part quality.

Few months back even my friends W6 clutch cylinder got packed up. They replaced the master cylinder under warranty but asked him to pay the labour charges for opening the gearbox and also told him to replace the clutch.
Old 16th June 2016, 13:50   #3917
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Have you tried pairing with other phones to check if everything works fine?
Thanks.. I paired another phone and found Bluetooth calling was working fine. Then I restarted my phone and when tried Bluetooth calling it worked
Old 16th June 2016, 15:18   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
My friend's W6 suffered the same fate a couple of months back, ....So, it is possible to get the parts replaced under warranty. Only thing is to know how to escalate and get the job done. Riding the clutch is not the reason for this failure, it is the bad part quality.
Yes it is possible if you escalate, since contacting Mahindra directly will ensure the dealer gets the money back. If a person does not know how to escalate then he will end up paying the 20k.

And you are right it is a bad quality part. Which I doubt Mahindra will ever replace proactively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Few months back even my friends W6 clutch cylinder got packed up. They replaced the master cylinder under warranty but asked him to pay the labour charges for opening the gearbox and also told him to replace the clutch.
The master cylinder is only 25% the cost of the entire claim.
Old 16th June 2016, 22:37   #3919
BHPian

It has been a tough decision. Mind vs Heart and mind won. Dropped the plan of XUV W10 AT and booked Innova Crysta VX today. I tried to convince myself but unfortunately Innova made a very very strong point with Crysta Launch.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:21   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Seems you are using ELM 27 Bluetooth obd adaptor. These are Chinese make and I don't think its wise to keep it connected every time, it has interfered with the ECU i feel.

Use it once a while just to check and clear any error codes if it has appeared, and don't keep it connected while driving.

And I won't call it a niggle.
I have used these adapters in multiple cars such as the Elantra automatic. When they work perfectly there, there is an issue when used with the XUV. So I consider it as a niggle. It may be a specific problem with the OBD adapter I bought and hence the question on if others have used it for a longer time.
Old 17th June 2016, 09:59   #3921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
It may be a specific problem with the OBD adapter I bought and hence the question on if others have used it for a longer time.
Even I had bought a ELM327 OBD2 adapter from ebay, unfortunately it was not working on my XUV as well. I tried multiple ways to fix it but could not. Later one of my friend gave a spare adapter which he had and it worked flawlessly in the first attempt. So my verdict is the OBD2 adapter works on XUV and it will be issue with the adapter itself.
Old 18th June 2016, 08:25   #3922
BHPian

Problem with vacuum modulators
------------------------------------

I have a W8AWD, Dec 2014 model with 20000km on the ODO. It had its 20K km service just 10 days before my long trip from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and beyond.

Just about 300m from Bangalore I stopped for breakfast and when I re-started, the vehicle was very sluggish, and the Check Engine light came on (constant ON and not blinking). Tried switching off and then on a few times but the light remained on. Finally after some attempts the light went off and I was able to drive normally.

The SA from Sireesh, JP Nagar made arrangements for a checkup at the Hubli M&M service centre which was about 100km further away. Sutaria Auto there were very attentive and attended to the problem on an urgent basis. The error code shown on the laptop was P0234. So they disconnected and reconnected the air hoses, etc, and finally decided to replace both the vacuum modulators under warranty.

I was then able to complete the 4000+ km trip without any further issues, but lost about 5 hours in this process.

It is quite disturbing to have such sudden failures, specially on long road trips. But I was glad that M&M was able to attend to the problem immediately and fix it too.

Best regards
arao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 11:06   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Problem with vacuum modulators
------------------------------------

I have a W8AWD, Dec 2014 model with 20000km on the ODO. It had its 20K km service just 10 days before my long trip from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and beyond.
I had the same issue on my trip to Goa from Bangalore, in Goa Muktar Motors had to replace the clamp of the air hose.
Note: My turbo was replaced under warranty by Sireesh Auto a month back.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_4416.jpg  

tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 11:35   #3924
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. It is surprising that a small thing like a clamp can almost immobilise the vehicle, leaving you to chug along slowly on your long trip.

I am not sure if the issue was really with the vacuum modulators and if they replaced it out of abundant caution.

Also, your vehicle is too new to have turbo problems. Any feedback from M&M as to why it had to be replaced?

I always warm up the engine before a long stretch of drive, and also wait for a while after stopping before I switch the engine off. On highways the Start-Stop feature is also turned off. Hopefully all these will help to improve the life of the turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
I had the same issue on my trip to Goa from Bangalore, in Goa Muktar Motors had to replace the clamp of the air hose.
Note: My turbo was replaced under warranty by Sireesh Auto a month back.
Old 10th July 2016, 14:32   #3925
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried pairing with other phones to check if everything works fine?
Hey Tanveer

i do hear the click click sound after 5 min of speaking to some one....could you tell me what it is....
Old 10th July 2016, 17:05   #3926
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles - blinking headlights in auto-headlight-on mode

I usually keep the headlight switch in the auto-on mode which works fine most of the times. Of late I see that the headlights blink occasionally, in an erratic manner. The motorist in front may be thinking that I am trying to signal something.

The sensor on the windscreen is clean. In any case it doesn't matter because once the headlight turns on in auto mode it switches off only some time after the ambient light level becomes high.

Has anyone encountered anything similar?

Tx.
Old 10th July 2016, 23:16   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Hey Tanveer

i do hear the click click sound after 5 min of speaking to some one....could you tell me what it is....
Its a software issue, Happens randomly, Must be fixed in the new software update i think which i still haven't able to do, So i still do get the occasional click click sound which is why i cannot use the bluetooth to talk on the phone, Is your infotainment system running the latest software update? Do you get all the car animations while browsing?
Old 11th July 2016, 18:51   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Its a software issue, Happens randomly, Must be fixed in the new software update i think which i still haven't able to do, So i still do get the occasional click click sound which is why i cannot use the bluetooth to talk on the phone, Is your infotainment system running the latest software update? Do you get all the car animations while browsing?
they had updated the software but then the tyre tonics was not working on that version. So they put the older software back. The RM told me that they are still working on the new update and he will call me once they have the final version.
Old 11th July 2016, 23:54   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
they had updated the software but then the tyre tonics was not working on that version. So they put the older software back. The RM told me that they are still working on the new update and he will call me once they have the final version.
After Every update Mahindra starts working on a new one, Even though with every update i feel they mess things up a bit, One of the most awaited feature that i am waiting for is the 3G connection one, Lets see if it ever makes it..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 19:38   #3930
BHPian

Hi All.. I have XUV500 Oct 2014 model. Now I feel the speakers have gone bad. Any such issue faced by others within 2 years? The one speaker on driver door is worst effected. Does this get covered under warranty? If not what would be the cost of repair?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks