Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2013, 01:55   #2416
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Anyone seen their XUV front windsheild crack due to heat generated by vehicle parked in sun for long hours?

I happen to be on the move and my XUV windsheild has craked all of a sudden on the car that was parked. The temp during the day peaks at 44 degrees. So thinking if it could be a cause since there are no spots of impact caused by pebbles or stones (see pic for reference)z
Are you sure this didn't happened while it was parked and something fell on it? I dont think this should happen just cause of Temperature. I am sure many XUV's stay outside in sun for long time but never saw/heard of such a incident.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 10:01   #2417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Anyone seen their XUV front windsheild crack due to heat generated by vehicle parked in sun for long hours?
A windshield cannot crack at 60 degrees C, let alone a mediocre 44 degrees.

This crack has happened due to an impact on the windshield, possibly somewhere near the beading where it could not be spotted and then the crack enlarged to various places.
Old 27th December 2013, 11:35   #2418
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a KA registered purple XUV on a flatbed going towards Jodhpur. There was a full family inside chatting away :-)

Could not spot any accident damage and looked like a case of mechanical or electronic failure.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 22:39   #2419
BANNED

@all XUV/Auto Expert

I am getting a buy option for a Pre Production testing W6 made in 2011 with 2L Discount. M&M is claiming that it will come with standard warranty and have gone through quality checks and replaced with production parts where-ever necessary.

Particularly - paint and Trim fading warranty excluded.

Question: is it worth? Considering vehicle is 2 year old, with some KM (not disclosed) on ODO.

Do share your views.

Thanks.
Old 1st January 2014, 00:32   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
@all XUV/Auto Expert

I am getting a buy option for a Pre Production testing W6 made in 2011 with 2L Discount. M&M is claiming that it will come with standard warranty and have gone through quality checks and replaced with production parts where-ever necessary.

Particularly - paint and Trim fading warranty excluded.

Question: is it worth? Considering vehicle is 2 year old, with some KM (not disclosed) on ODO.

Do share your views.

Thanks.
Why not go for the W4 in that case.. Believe the price would be around the same or less and there is ofcourse peace of mind. You could spend a lakh to do some modifications and hence it would be far far better than the pre production test mule w6.

FundaG
Old 1st January 2014, 23:04   #2421
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Why not go for the W4 in that case.. Believe the price would be around the same or less and there is ofcourse peace of mind. You could spend a lakh to do some modifications and hence it would be far far better than the pre production test mule w6.

FundaG
Thanks for your input. Today, took a TD of 2013 vehicle and checked with Sales guy - he has been handling XUV sales since launch. Good part is , there are NO engine changes done in 2013 as compared to 2011. (Can somebody confirm on this?)

Brake pads seems to be a major upgrade other than lowering of engine so that ground clearance is less than 200mm.

Software upgrade is something not be bothered. W6 anyways doesnt come with tire tronics, driver info console or hill descent - where problems were noticed.

Did not find 2nd gear slotting as soft but clutch was really light.

Last edited by idea : 1st January 2014 at 23:08.
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:16   #2422
BHPian

Friends - Need your help. i was trying to check how 'hill descent control' works and found few observations. not sure whether this is a problem or it is how it works...

found a spot where vehicle will run down the slope (parking ramps with down slope or a multi-level parking where you have to come down)

1. Engage 'HDC' button from the central bezel.
2. Have the vehicle in 2nd gear and clutch completely depressed.
3. Now try to move your vehicle down the slope by releasing the clutch and accelerate.

when i tried the above, HDC was activated and i was hearing grinding noise and there was a distinct noise as if something is rubbing or like starting a motor. definitely its not a smooth sound. However i was able to feel that vehicle is slowing down because of HDC. After this whenever i try to accelerate with HDC on, i feel the noise but no lights blink on the console. With HDC off, absolutely no issues.

I am not sure whether this is how the feature works or there is some issues with HDC. I am planning to take the vehicle to service center and check the behavior with the service engineers. However, if any of you heard or experienced the same, pls let me know.

Last edited by ebmrajesh : 2nd January 2014 at 13:18.
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:36   #2423
BHPian

I am looking for help/suggestions.

I took delivery of a W8 last Friday. Today I drove around Bangalore, covering about 50 KMs and found to my surprise that the brake is quite bad. I survived a bunch of close calls. The brake pedal goes in about 1.5 inch before the brake engages. This is very uncomfortable given the traffic situation and the expectation that a little nudge on the pedal activates the brake. Is this rather large pedal travel normal to the XUV or do I need to check for brake fluid or just take it to the service center? I have read in these forums that the brake pad issue has been corrected since Q1 of 2013.

I had a Ford Fiesta earlier and am used to those brakes.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:30   #2424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
The brake pedal goes in about 1.5 inch before the brake engages.
The XUV's brakes are not as bad as you have described them on your car. Take it to a service centre and have them checked. I feel that they need to be bled once and that should set it right.

The brake pad design changed because the older pads used to screech and groan upon braking.

Also, take a test drive of another vehicle to compare notes.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:23   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The XUV's brakes are not as bad as you have described them on your car. Take it to a service centre and have them checked. I feel that they need to be bled once and that should set it right.

The brake pad design changed because the older pads used to screech and groan upon braking.

Also, take a test drive of another vehicle to compare notes.
Thank you!
I just finished drives on similar xuvs of colleagues. The braking on those two vehicles is definitely better. Like you mentioned my new vehicle needs a visit to the service center.
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:07   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for help/suggestions.

I took delivery of a W8 last Friday. Today I drove around Bangalore, covering about 50 KMs and found to my surprise that the brake is quite bad. I survived a bunch of close calls. The brake pedal goes in about 1.5 inch before the brake engages. This is very uncomfortable given the traffic situation and the expectation that a little nudge on the pedal activates the brake. Is this rather large pedal travel normal to the XUV or do I need to check for brake fluid or just take it to the service center? I have read in these forums that the brake pad issue has been corrected since Q1 of 2013.

I had a Ford Fiesta earlier and am used to those brakes.

Thanks for your suggestions.
This definitely should not be the case with a brand new vehicle as they come with all the modifications that we have got on our vehicle. But what this points to is either a poor QC at M&M and also the lack of road test before delivery. The dealer is supposed to take a road test before delivery and should have addressed this.

Whom did you buy the car from?
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:14   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This definitely should not be the case with a brand new vehicle as they come with all the modifications that we have got on our vehicle. But what this points to is either a poor QC at M&M and also the lack of road test before delivery. The dealer is supposed to take a road test before delivery and should have addressed this.

Whom did you buy the car from?
The dealer is Sireesh Auto, near Silk Board, Bangalore.
I am used the Food Fiesta brake that was very good. My car is if I am being too sensitive. But two Xuvs I tested out today certainly felt better on the brakes.
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:55   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is Sireesh Auto, near Silk Board, Bangalore.
I am used the Food Fiesta brake that was very good. My car is if I am being too sensitive. But two Xuvs I tested out today certainly felt better on the brakes.
They are the worst in Bangalore. Don't go to them ever for servicing, many people including me have had nightmares there. Depending on where you stay choose either IG or Anant Cars for your servicing and running repair requirements
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:26   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
They are the worst in Bangalore. Don't go to them ever for servicing, many people including me have had nightmares there. Depending on where you stay choose either IG or Anant Cars for your servicing and running repair requirements
Thanks for the suggestion.
If I take my vehicle to IG for example, will I get service /free service, since I bought the vehicle from another dealer? well I have to pay for getting this brake issue checked out with IG? I know for sure Sireesh is not going to charge anything.
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:42   #2430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion.
If I take my vehicle to IG for example, will I get service /free service, since I bought the vehicle from another dealer? well I have to pay for getting this brake issue checked out with IG? I know for sure Sireesh is not going to charge anything.
AFAIK irrespective of where you buy the vehicle, you can take it to any Mahindra showroom and get the service/repair done at free of cost as it is under Warranty.

I have done this on my Santro, where the car was purchased in Trident Hyundai and all the services being done in Blue Hyundai as it is nearer to my location. I did not face any issues with them complaining that they will not service or look into my vehicle for issues.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks