Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 13:33   #2386
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Is anyone experiencing a faint whining sound while gently accelerating at around 50 to 60kph speed? This is one of the many issues I am facing along with F/L strut noisy, headlight fogging up even in this weather without rains and power steering hard and vibrating when you try to steer at low speeds especially noticeable while parking.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:16   #2387
BHPian

I guess that would be the sound of the turbo spooling!
Old 30th November 2013, 14:40   #2388
BHPian

My trip meter cant go further 999 kms,both A and B.I sent the vehicle for service today and told the problem,he says nothing can be done and all XUV trip meters go max at 999 kms,is this true?
Old 30th November 2013, 15:06   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
My trip meter cant go further 999 kms,both A and B.I sent the vehicle for service today and told the problem,he says nothing can be done and all XUV trip meters go max at 999 kms,is this true?
Which RM told you this? XUV had this issue initially but was sorted out with a software update some 3-4 months back. Trip meters go upto 9999.9 km if I remember correctly. Looks like the person who told you this really needs some updating to do.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 21:05   #2390
Senior - BHPian

G3 motors is one of the best A.S.S. for XUV owners in Mumbai. More details here.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:04   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Are you serious? You have only one option now, call the customer care and change your A.S.S. This kind of statement from the R.M only signifies that their knowledge is seriously questionable and also their intention. And when the customer service ask you for the reason of shift point blank mention this. It shuld go upto 99999.99 if am not wrong.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 20:50   #2392
J.Ravi

Quote:
he says nothing can be done and all XUV trip meters go max at 999 kms,is this true?
When I test-drove XUV500 today, I posed the question. The executive of Anant Cars said that the trip meters could go to any number of digits without getting reset. Then, I asked him whether it would show more than 10,000 km. Then, he called somebody and confirmed that the trip meters have 4-digits, i.e., they could go upto 9,999 km before getting reset. My Linea's trip meters get reset automatically after 4,499 km.

Old 2nd December 2013, 20:56   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

When I test-drove XUV500 today, I posed the question. The executive of Anant Cars said that the trip meters could go to any number of digits without getting reset. Then, I asked him whether it would show more than 10,000 km. Then, he called somebody and confirmed that the trip meters have 4-digits, i.e., they could go upto 9,999 km before getting reset. My Linea's trip meters get reset automatically after 4,499 km.
trip meter sorted now,they have upgraded the software.
I got the following replaced under warranty,
Lock barell, two lock on front doors and two keys
Entire music system
Suspension bushes
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 16:38   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Global Gallarie, M&M's A.S.S. in Thane never gets tired of cheating their customers. Read more about my experience here.

Quote:
I got the following replaced under warranty,
Lock barell, two lock on front doors and two keys
Entire music system
Suspension bushes
Why did you change all this?
Old 4th December 2013, 17:00   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Global Gallarie, M&M's A.S.S. in Thane never gets tired of cheating their customers. Read more about my experience here.

Why did you change all this?
Read it here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3311375
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 17:23   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good.

When I often tell my friends that Mahindra is really impressing me and other customers with their helpful approach and replacing everything in warranty (even wear and tear items like brakes and clutch) for free, I get a reply "What's the big deal about it? They made a defective car and it is their duty to replace the whole car if needed."

I often tell them, lets leave what is moral and see how many companies actually go to such lengths to please their customers.

Recently, my Civic's steering pump failed and the car is under extended warranty. I had to fight with Honda for free replacement and finally after about 1.5 months or so, Honda denied the warranty because of a small delay of 2 months in one of the services. The same friends say "So what? That is Honda's policy. Steering pump and rack are wear and tear items and can be damaged because of abuse. If service was done on time, maybe a leak could have been detected."

Why isn't the same logic applied here?

Anyways, there is a huge difference in perception and reality. With my personal experiences, I have received far better service/response from Fiat and Mahindra rather than Toyota and Honda.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 19:28   #2397
BHPian

rubbing sound from doors

of late, there is a perceptible rubbing sound that comes from the 2nd & 3rd row doors/hatch.
at my 20k service a few days back, i brought this issue to their notice. the technician said that it's the rubber/fiber parts of the door rubbing against each other making the sound. he apparently did 'door setting' and lubricated [applied grease?!] the noise went for a few hours, and then it came back.
has anyone else had similar noise? any fixes? now that i've noticed it, i can hear it even above the music sometimes. bugs the hell out of me!
i'm being given the impression [probably with good reason] that i'm luckier than others. there are dashboard rattling noises, speedo gauge cover rattles, and door rattles that people have to live with. this is not much compared to those.
Old 4th December 2013, 21:20   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
of late, there is a perceptible rubbing sound that comes from the 2nd & 3rd row doors/hatch.
at my 20k service a few days back, i brought this issue to their notice. the technician said that it's the rubber/fiber parts of the door rubbing against each other making the sound. he apparently did 'door setting' and lubricated [applied grease?!] the noise went for a few hours, and then it came back.
has anyone else had similar noise? any fixes? now that i've noticed it, i can hear it even above the music sometimes. bugs the hell out of me!
i'm being given the impression [probably with good reason] that i'm luckier than others. there are dashboard rattling noises, speedo gauge cover rattles, and door rattles that people have to live with. this is not much compared to those.
Had this issue earlier. The rear hatch needs to be realigned AND the running parts that are now worn out because of the chafing need to be replaced. Should be under warranty.
Old 5th December 2013, 01:26   #2399

Hi, My W6 is 8000 Kms and 8 months old. It has been an almost niggle free run for me thus far and count myself as a very happy owner and enjoying every KM of my XUV drive . Of late, I do however notice an irritating hi-pitched squeal/squeak (almost a whistle!) from the front left brakes each time I brake hard. Though I don't see any perceptible problems in braking or any discomfort in the ride, it is irritating and sometimes embarrassing (Iv heard this sound on autos and buses, seldom on cars this side of a million bucks). Just wanted to check on the forum, if any of you encountered such a niggle if you can call it that. Is it something I need to be concerned about? Id rather not visit the ASS for this if I can avoid it, till perhaps my next service which is 2K KMS or 2 months away. "Grin and Bear" you think? Please advise...
Old 5th December 2013, 14:26   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahadevan View Post
Hi, My W6 is 8000 Kms and 8 months old. It has been an almost niggle free run for me thus far and count myself as a very happy owner and enjoying every KM of my XUV drive . Of late, I do however notice an irritating hi-pitched squeal/squeak (almost a whistle!) from the front left brakes each time I brake hard. . "Grin and Bear" you think? ...
So finally the brake devil has bitten you. This brake noise issue is inherent with most of the XUV's and its evident since atleast 1/5 of all the posts revolve around that. What you should do, is blast your RM saying that the legendary brake noise is now in your XUV, and it needs to be sorted out by changing of the brake pad ( If I am not wrong, you are having Bosch Brake pads. It needs to be changed to Galfer.). So the motto is "Grin and Blast and Change"!
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks