Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 18:49   #1636
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
The trip meter switch is not working in my brand-new XUV (875kms in odo). I pressed it repeatedly but nothing happening in the ODO. It should change from "ODO" to "Trip A" I presume..
Did the trip meter work before and or did it suddenly stopped working? I am sure you will be pressing the correct button, but just want to make sure that you are pressing the button on the right hand side of the display, the one on the left hand side is for TPMS calibration
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 21:19   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Did the trip meter work before and or did it suddenly stopped working?
It never worked it seems, was not working from day one I'd say.

I am aware about the TPMS learning button as it is explained in detail in page 3-32 of the e-manual...
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:23   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
No, I don't mean the beeps as the car's rear approaches a obstacle. I mean the "reverse-horn" which keeps on blaring as soon as you put the vehicle in reverse and alerts others that your car is reversing.

There is no problem with it. Just that in earlier batches it was not enabled from factory. Not sure the current status if it comes factory-enabled.
I never knew that XUV has factory-fitted reversing horn. Or is it only in W8? SDP -- kindly confirm.
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:34   #1639
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I never knew that XUV has factory-fitted reversing horn. Or is it only in W8? SDP -- kindly confirm.
Debuda, in XUV, the notorious siren/hooter (which comes loose, falls down and gets entangled in belts) is utilized as a reversing horn as well. Since that siren-hardware (hooter) is common across W6 and W8, I believe, the functionality should be common across both variants. For me, when I asked them to enable it, they plugged in the system and did some change to the configuration.

May be, something for your next visit to the service center. Let me try to find earlier posts on this.

EDIT: Adding a link to another post that talks about the reverseing horn enable thing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2779366

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2013 at 07:42.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:59   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Debuda, in XUV, the notorious siren/hooter (which comes loose, falls down and gets entangled in belts) is utilized as a reversing horn as well. Since that siren-hardware (hooter) is common across W6 and W8, I believe, the functionality should be common across both variants. For me, when I asked them to enable it, they plugged in the system and did some change to the configuration.

May be, something for your next visit to the service center. Let me try to find earlier posts on this.

EDIT: Adding a link to another post that talks about the reverseing horn enable thing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2779366
Thanks for the information. I had overlooked the earlier discussion on this matter.

BTW, have you got this enabled in your car? If yes, is it quite loud? If the reversing alarm is loud I may not like to enable it as I always reverse into my parking space at home and the noise could be annoying to my neighbours at night in my quiet neighbourhood. For this reason, whenever I fitted (as an additional accessory) a reversing horn in my earlier cars, I also got an on-off switch for the horn installed.
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:08   #1641
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Thanks for the information. I had overlooked the earlier discussion on this matter.

BTW, have you got this enabled in your car? If yes, is it quite loud? If the reversing alarm is loud I may not like to enable it as I always reverse into my parking space at home and the noise could be annoying to my neighbours at night in my quiet neighbourhood. For this reason, whenever I fitted (as an additional accessory) a reversing horn in my earlier cars, I also got an on-off switch for the horn installed.
Yes, it is loud. The decibel level is similar to the alarm that goes off when there is an intrusion attempt in the car (e.g. lock the car using remote, open it with the physical key and then open a door).

BTW, the security-alarm as well as reverse-horn (after A.S.S. enabling) can be turned-off if you don't need it. A long-press (3+ seconds) on the lock key disables it and then it doesn't sound till you explicitly enable it. That's something I learnt last week while I was going through the PDF version of the manual avaiable at the XUV site. Was trying to help a fellow BHPian and a new XUV-owner on PM. Ended up learning something new myself.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2013 at 08:11.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:33   #1642
Senior - BHPian

I still found this Thread is becoming lengthier and lengthier, Probably next one to Scorpio issues and solutions thread. :-) Sorry. No offense.

I tested this vehicle long ago, as a Scorpio owner, I love Mahindra but not the issues I see. I hope an improved version is on the way. It need not be 2.0 but just 1.1 would be fine.

Last week I saw one XUB 5OO test car near Maraimalai nagar Chennai, and any idea if this one is the 1.1, which I expect to see on roads?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2013042000448.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img2013042000449.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2013, 13:39   #1643
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I still found this Thread is becoming lengthier and lengthier, Probably next one to Scorpio issues and solutions thread. :-) Sorry. No offense...
There is a lot of generic discussion as well here.

Quote:
I hope an improved version is on the way. It need not be 2.0 but just 1.1 would be fine.
What exactly are you expecting in the new version?
New features? There is just automatic transmission and a sunroof left.
Closure of all existing niggles? In that case, the newer one should be called as "new improved" the way they advertise in soap ads

Quote:
Last week I saw one XUB 5OO test car near Maraimalai nagar Chennai, and any idea if this one is the 1.1, which I expect to see on roads?
This is interesting! Did not understand something: Why would they test a new version with a now-discontinued colour?

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2013 at 13:41.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:51   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a lot of generic discussion as well here.

What exactly are you expecting in the new version?
New features? There is just automatic transmission and a sunroof left.
Closure of all existing niggles? In that case, the newer one should be called as "new improved" the way they advertise in soap ads

This is interesting! Did not understand something: Why would they test a new version with a now-discontinued colour?
XUV has every or more that enough features that one require for the price. Improved vehicle would be closure of existing niggles. IMHO, Sunroof has no value. I never seen any car owner in India uses this features. But an Auto with 6+ shifts would be great.

They might have thought that, testing in a discontinued color would give a similar effect of a camouflaged vehicle, :-)

I waited for 5 year for Scorpio to get improved and similar way waiting for a better XUV500, I am sure Mahindra would grab me in again soon.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:19   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like a AWD test vehicle just being used by someone. If you see closely on the left side brake light, you can see that black and white sticker still stuck on it. And on the right side, you can see the AWD logo too. So i guess it must be a dealer stock that is being used for something like test drive.
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:59   #1646
BANNED

Quote:
Interesting catch I say. Were you able to take any pictures from the sides or the front?
Quote:
The vehicle was a test mule, and hence the color doesn't really matter. M&M would have incorporated the required changes for the test setup on this vehicle and given it to a test driver to log the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So i guess it must be a dealer stock that is being used for something like test drive.
This is not dealer stock. The sticker you see is a camouflage sticker used on test mules. Also, the stickering on the bottom RHS of the read windshield clearly says that it is a "Test Vehicle" from the factory and not a "Test Drive Vehicle".
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:06   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Interesting catch I say. Were you able to take any pictures from the sides or the front?

The vehicle was a test mule, and hence the color doesn't really matter. M&M would have incorporated the required changes for the test setup on this vehicle and given it to a test driver to log the details.

This is not dealer stock. The sticker you see is a camouflage sticker used on test mules. Also, the stickering on the bottom RHS of the read windshield clearly says that it is a "Test Vehicle" from the factory and not a "Test Drive Vehicle".
I was unable to take its side or front view.The registration says its an MH vehicle, and it read " Vehicle on Test".
Old 25th April 2013, 20:57   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
This week I drove from Bangalore to Kerala ( about 480 KMs) and around the mid way point I noticed a pain in the right hand. I did not notice any clear pulling towards the left but when I examined the front tyres closely, I observed that left one had worn out a bit more than the right tyre! Now I need to find a local tyre allignment centre to fix this issue. The nearest Mahindra ASS at Calicut and Thrissur are far away from my current location.

-- wind
Today I went to a local alignment center to fix the issue. They rotated the tyres and did the wheel alignment. After the rotation, we tried to make the TPMS learn the new tyre positions but failed. It learned about the Front left tyre but it didn't learn the front right tyre even after emptying all the air from that tyre. So I abandoned the whole exercise and decided to fix it during my next visit to the ASS.

This whole TPMS learning procedure is such a pain and I am wondering whether anyone is doing it at all.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 21:26   #1649

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me the best and fastest grievances redressal method for the XUV 500?? Email, twitter and to whom?? I will CC the letter to this board once i send it to them also.
Old 25th April 2013, 22:06   #1650
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmack86 View Post
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me the best and fastest grievances redressal method for the XUV 500?? Email, twitter and to whom?? I will CC the letter to this board once i send it to them also.
What issues are you facing? Customer-care-area-manager is a right place to start unless you are talking about something really really serious. You can get the email and cellphone number from your service-center. In Mumbai, where do you get your XUV serviced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks