Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 20:18   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

The owner's manual details the process. I had a fused low-beam bulb and opened the hood for doing the bulb-replacement. Realized that there is hardly any place to maneuver my hand. So gave up and went to service center.

Edit: And yes, I agree with Mudhalaipatti! Let's keep this thread clean.
I've had 3 fused low beam bulbs so far, and I've lost one bulb trying to replace it myself. The passenger side bulb is easy to replace, but to remove the driver side bulb, you've to loosen the coolant tank bolts, and move the coolant tank away to make some space for the bulb to be accessed.
Rossiter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:28   #1547
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

i was facing some "kat-kat" sound in my XUV while changing 1 and 2nd gear or applying hard brake, sometime hill hold light starts glowing in instrument clusture and hill hold stops working, rain sensing wiper sensors stops working.
Yesterday when i took to service center and to my shock 2 out 4 gear mounting was broken. :(
Here is the pic of broken mounting
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130317_172901.jpg  

Last edited by msinghal80 : 18th March 2013 at 12:34.
msinghal80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 12:37   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
I've had 3 fused low beam bulbs so far, and I've lost one bulb trying to replace it myself. The passenger side bulb is easy to replace, but to remove the driver side bulb, you've to loosen the coolant tank bolts, and move the coolant tank away to make some space for the bulb to be accessed.
Same with me too, low beam bulb got fused 3 times. 2 times passenger side and 1 time driver side. its better to replace ourself as mahindra charges 200 rs as labour to change bulb and 250-275 for one side bulb.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:15   #1549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
Yesterday when I took it to the service center, to my shock two out the four gear mountings were broken. :(
This is serious msinghal. Did you take your vehicle through some very bad roads or did it ever face very severe bumps/jerks?

What do the service center personnel have to say about this?

OT: Corrected your statement grammatically.
Old 18th March 2013, 14:55   #1550
BHPian

Keeping a thread clean doesnt mean that things cant be highlighted, if theres issues with A.S.S. then its a major niggle indeed. Coming back to topic ,had the brake pads replaced by a new brand called "golfer" or "golpher", cant remember. Issue was the legendary brake grinding noise. The new one definitely bites better, the sound I was told will vanish in a couple of days ,lets see. The front left and right power window motors were also replaced (newer design), and a pair of bush replacement. Attaching pics of the new brake pads

Name:  ForumRunner_20130318_145334.png
Views: 4815
Size:  465.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130318_145353.png
Views: 4911
Size:  483.5 KB
me_sid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 16:03   #1551
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
i was facing some "kat-kat" sound in my XUV while changing 1 and 2nd gear or applying hard brake, sometime hill hold light starts glowing in instrument clusture and hill hold stops working, rain sensing wiper sensors stops working.
Yesterday when i took to service center and to my shock 2 out 4 gear mounting was broken. :(
Here is the pic of broken mounting
This is not good. Can you please reconfirm if this was engine-mount or gear/transmission mount?

Also, did not understand how the hill-hold and rain-sensing wipers could be associated with this problem. Hope you have just listed those as the reasons to visit the service center and don't mean to imply any causation between those issues and the broken mount.

Please find out and do let us know the following:
1. Why and how did the mount just break like that?
2. What's the resolution? They would replace the complete gear-housing? Hope they don't try to weld it back.

Please do let us know.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:31   #1552
BHPian

Gear mounting going off like this is unheard off, at least by me. But yes the root cause needs to be ascertained before replacement, which I am sure M&M will. This can happen under severe stress, or impact or last but not the least manufacturing defect. By the way , was there any work done on the gearbox?

Guys in general I have a request, whenever you are there in the service centre, just ensure that the technicians use torque wrenches to fasten and loosen the bolts. If you have any doubt on the tool just go ahead and ask if the technician is using the correct tool. Infact there’s a torque chart which is in public display.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:41   #1553
Team-BHP Support

I think that the gearbox mounting issue is in a wrong thread. I wouldn't call that a niggle by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Keeping a thread clean doesnt mean that things cant be highlighted, if theres issues with A.S.S. then its a major niggle indeed. Coming back to topic ,had the brake pads replaced by a new brand called "golfer" or "golpher", cant remember.
Brand is called Galfer.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 16:45   #1554
BHPian

Hey Vid, Thanks mate. The problem is that, its no where written on the product. Even the packaging was white without any brand name.
Old 18th March 2013, 16:57   #1555
BHPian

Just called up my RM today and asked for an immediate appointment ahead of my first service. I need the following to be looked at on priority

a) Suspension noise.
b) Pulling to the left and vibration at speeds above 100kmph.

I believe the first one will be rectified by changing bushes? The second is more of alignment related.

Since I am going to the service center anyway, what else do I need to get looked at now rather than during first service (scheduled for 1st week of april)?
Old 18th March 2013, 17:33   #1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
So will the damage incurred due to rat attack will be covered under warranty? Asking this as if its possible for the rats to enter from behind the dash means there is a design flaw.
Do let us know if you or any other XUV owners find any solution to the entry of these rats.
I had same issue. While driving back from a trip suddenly the "OBD check lamp" indicator showed up on console. Contacted the RM and was advised that vehicle can be driven till home and can be checked at service center later. After driving another 30 kms suddenly the other warning signs (Charging System Warning Lamp, Low Engine Oil Pressure Warning Lamp, Vehicle Armed Status Lamp) illuminated and vehicle came to halt. It did not start after that. Called M&M support and after 2.5 hours of wait the vehicle was towed to Sireesh service center. It remained there for 3 days and was told that it happened due to rat cutting the wires (though I am doubtful because on 3rd day only they told me about the rat bite otherwise they were constantly saying that they are looking at the root cause).

Yes, all the towing and repairs were covered under warranty and I did not pay anything.

One more issue I see with my XUV is of the vehicle steering towards the left if I keep very soft hold or or no hold of steering. Anybody else faced this issue and what is the fix?
ravikanojia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 18:33   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I have a small query -

My XUV recently went for it's second (10k) service. The car is an Oct 2012 make. Since I am in UK, I had asked my brother to specify the A.S.S. guys to change the brake pads to the newer model (Golfer or Golpher).

My car does not suffer from any brake grinding noise but as far as I read, the new Golpher brake pads bites more and reduces the spongy effect of the older brake pads. But the RM said my car already comes with the new brake pads and does not need any changes. Is this true? I think he was talking about the older pads which eliminated the grinding noise and not the new Golpher ones!
Old 18th March 2013, 18:43   #1558
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikanojia View Post
One more issue I see with my XUV is of the vehicle steering towards the left if I keep very soft hold or or no hold of steering. Anybody else faced this issue and what is the fix?
One of the most common issues. Practically every XUV comes that way out of factory. Please get the wheel-alignment done from the service center.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:39   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Gear mounting going off like this is unheard off, at least by me. But yes the root cause needs to be ascertained before replacement, which I am sure M&M will. This can happen under severe stress, or impact or last but not the least manufacturing defect. By the way , was there any work done on the gearbox?

Guys in general I have a request, whenever you are there in the service centre, just ensure that the technicians use torque wrenches to fasten and loosen the bolts. If you have any doubt on the tool just go ahead and ask if the technician is using the correct tool. Infact there’s a torque chart which is in public display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is serious msinghal. Did you take your vehicle through some very bad roads or did it ever face very severe bumps/jerks?

What do the service center personnel have to say about this?

OT: Corrected your statement grammatically.
i don't have any idea how mounting got broke down like this. Last month i took XUV to lansdowne but roads were not that bad and I hadn't taken it to off roads. Today when I visited again to take my vehicle they haven’t gave me any reason why it happened, they just replaced it under warranty.
One more thing, when service personal was taking test drive of XUV, it ABS and hill hold light in instrument cluster starts glowing. He took it back to service center and connected his laptop and there were 3 error codes U1406, U0406 and C1600 but he hadn't found any issue mentioned in his code manual for U1406 and U0406. For C1600 he tightened one bolt just below steering wheel.
Guys, do you have any idea U1406 and U0406 refers to which error and did he fixed the right thing for C1600 error code.

Last edited by msinghal80 : 18th March 2013 at 19:41.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:13   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi guys, I have a small query -

My XUV recently went for it's second (10k) service. The car is an Oct 2012 make. Since I am in UK, I had asked my brother to specify the A.S.S. guys to change the brake pads to the newer model (Golfer or Golpher).

My car does not suffer from any brake grinding noise but as far as I read, the new Golpher brake pads bites more and reduces the spongy effect of the older brake pads. But the RM said my car already comes with the new brake pads and does not need any changes. Is this true? I think he was talking about the older pads which eliminated the grinding noise and not the new Golpher ones!
Yes oct 2012 means the latest or last generation Bosch brake pads. They don't suffer from the brake grinding noise. Hence they might not change it to the golpher ones.

Most Viewed