Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 20:26   #1561
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
Guys, do you have any idea U1406 and U0406 refers to which error and did he fixed the right thing for C1600 error code.
Not sure how accurate this is, got it from googling:

Cruise Control Module error - U0406 ecu code

Accelerator pedal position signal error. - U1406 ecu code

Hope it helps.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:44   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
One of the most common issues. Practically every XUV comes that way out of factory. Please get the wheel-alignment done from the service center.
Sorry SDP have to disagree. My vehicle was brilliantly aligned.

However, on a single lane state highway, about 10 days back, there was a truck from the other side and in allowing it to pass on the narrow road, the left wheels went on the adjoining dirt track. As soon as the truck passed and I pulled up back on the road, the front left wheel took a hard hit. I suspect it must have hit a jutting out rock, , and that screwed the alignment.

I took it to a Bridgestone dealer and I think he over compensated on the other side. Now I'm going in for my first service and get the alignment re-done at the dealer. Hope they get it back to it's original factory alignment.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:57   #1563
BANNED

Quote:

One of the most common issues. Practically every XUV comes that way out of factory. Please get the wheel-alignment done from the service center.
Thats a pretty big problem . I dont think Mahindra is so incompetent that they can't align wheels!! Probably its only a problem on a few cars...
Old 18th March 2013, 21:10   #1564
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Yes oct 2012 means the latest or last generation Bosch brake pads. They don't suffer from the brake grinding noise. Hence they might not change it to the golpher ones.
What do we mean by latest or last generation? version 3 or version 4 or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Thats a pretty big problem . I dont think Mahindra is so incompetent that they can't align wheels!! Probably its only a problem on a few cars...
Please have a look at initial comments from each one of the XUV owners on this forum. With a few exceptions like Heavy_Horse, invariably everybody has complained about the vehicle pulling to the left and the steering being off-center by ~10 degrees.

Last edited by SDP : 18th March 2013 at 21:12.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:16   #1565
BHPian

Quote:

What do we mean by latest or last generation? version 3 or version 4 or something else?
Latest generation means the one without grooves, the ones that are coming from around September batch. sorry cant really tell you the generation number. Btw how many generations are there?
Old 18th March 2013, 21:20   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes oct 2012 means the latest or last generation Bosch brake pads. They don't suffer from the brake grinding noise. Hence they might not change it to the golpher ones.
But I read that the golpher ones improve brake bite and reduce the spongy feel. Is it true? If yes, should I just request them to get that fitted in my car too?
Old 18th March 2013, 21:25   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

But I read that the golpher ones improve brake bite and reduce the spongy feel. Is it true? If yes, should I just request them to get that fitted in my car too?
Raj, frankly I had no issues related to quality & efficiency of braking in the past. It was the noise. But yes definitely u can insist for the change. The bite marginally increases but honestly its too early to say.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 21:32   #1568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Just clarifying once again that the brand is called GALFER and not golpher or golfer.

Galfer makes brake systems mainly for bikes but looks like they are also OEM for cars in Europe.

http://www.galferusa.com/
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 21:34   #1569
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Latest generation means the one without grooves, the ones that are coming from around September batch. sorry cant really tell you the generation number. Btw how many generations are there?
My understanding is that there are 4 generations and the 4th generation is NOT BOSCH, but Galfer. I won't be able to site a reference for this, but as per my understanding, the 4th generation is still NOT in production and is being tested.
Old 18th March 2013, 22:34   #1570
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP;3069]

Please have a look at initial comments from each one of the XUV owners on this forum. With a few exceptions like Heavy_Horse, invariably everybody has complained about the vehicle pulling to the left and the steering being off-center by ~10 degrees.[/quote]
That would imply serious incompetence of Mahindra as a manufacturer, as i had posted earlier
[QUOTE="agambhandari;3069807

Old 18th March 2013, 22:39   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "SDP View Post

Please have a look at initial comments from each one of the XUV owners on this forum. With a few exceptions like Heavy_Horse, invariably everybody has complained about the vehicle pulling to the left and the steering being off-center by ~10 degrees.
That would imply serious incompetence of Mahindra as a manufacturer, as i had posted earlier
My xuv is 5 months old now. I have not faced this issue of pulling or off centered power steering. I have driven only 4000 kms so far.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:22   #1572
BANNED

Quote:
Guys in general I have a request, whenever you are there in the service centre, just ensure that the technicians use torque wrenches to fasten and loosen the bolts.
I m yet to see a single bolt in the service center being tightened using torque wrenches. Not just M&M, but BMW, JLR, you name it and they are the same. It just does not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
i don't have any idea how mounting got broke down like this. Last month i took XUV to lansdowne but roads were not that bad and I hadn't taken it to off roads.
No amount of abuse, unless the most severe cases, should break the gearbox and engine mountings. Please ensure that you get to the root cause and in the mean time, get a replacement vehicle for your daily use from M&M. You are entitled to it.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:09   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I m yet to see a single bolt in the service center being tightened using torque wrenches. Not just M&M, but BMW, JLR, you name it and they are the same. It just does not happen.
I agree with you totally on this. However if you are standing on top and demanding to check the torque settings then it might help. This is absolutely unprofessional, when they have such huge charts for the right tool, torque value, for the right job. We all know what might happen if we go on tightening over and above the set limit.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:53   #1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post

Absolutely 100% cheating from your dealer.
As of date for all my 23+ replacements, I have not paid a single penny. You must protest and try to talk to the dealership management team. How in the world can they charge labour charges for a free part replacement? I haven't heard of this in Bangalore so far
Hi thanks all for the help, wrote a mail to mahindra care n the issue has been resolved. Im getting full refund. The service centre called to arrange a meeting for refund n sounded profously sorry. Thanks again.
Old 19th March 2013, 18:11   #1575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, it happens all the time at the the Maruti Workshop where my Vitara is serviced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks