Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 19:27   #1531
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Just back from M&M A.S.S Modern Motors, Ludhiana. I was there to replace the tail gate rubber beading which had developed a crack in my XUV FWD W8. Cost of beading= Rs. 500. While talking to the SA, i got to know that M&M has ordered all the service centers to replace 3 parts in vehicles belonging to certain 2012 batches. My car happens to be in those certain batches. Result- Parts that got replaced were -

1.Power Steering Pipe. Sorry i wasnt able to click its picture.

2.Both front Doors window motors. My windows used to rattle when partially down, which is now completely solved.
Here is the stack of motors that have already been changed
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0049.jpg

3. Edge Part of left wiper. The SA told me that it might cause scratches in the future
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0046.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0045.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-aag.jpg

The new part
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0047.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imag0048.jpg

Front suspension bushes were also replaced under request by me and the SA obliged without any question. But its not covered under the recall.

Although i haven't been experiencing any problems with my brakes(got them changed 4 months ago) my SA said they are the latest gen ones by BOSCH with no cuts/grooves. He also said it was an official recall by M&M only for some 2012 manufactured vehicles and said to check the newspapers for directions regarding the same.
I would also like to specially mention the very courteous attitude of all the staff at Modern Motors, they were very knowledgeable and understanding. I have 4 other cars in my garage of different makes, and i can safely say that the attitude of M&M has so far been the best. My car was washed free of cost and i also received my extended warranty certificate. Boy am i loving M&M service, they do pamper a lot! Apart from minor problems like TPMS error, 3 headlight bulbs fusing(475/-per bulb), a bit of squeaks here and there, My XUV experience so far has truly been great(8 months-11k kms). Its completely VFM and i highly recommend this vehicle to everybody. I just hope that in the long run, XUV maintains its charisma and reliability.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 8th March 2013 at 19:37. Reason: adding words
abhinavinc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 19:56   #1532
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Just back from M&M A.S.S Modern Motors, Ludhiana. I was there to replace the tail gate rubber beading which had developed a crack in my XUV FWD W8. Cost of beading= Rs. 500. While talking to the SA, i got to know that M&M has ordered all the service centers to replace 3 parts in vehicles belonging to certain 2012 batches. My car happens to be in those certain batches. Result- Parts that got replaced were -

1.Power Steering Pipe. Sorry i wasnt able to click its picture.

2.Both front Doors window motors. My windows used to rattle when partially down, which is now completely solved.
Here is the stack of motors that have already been changed

3. Edge Part of left wiper. The SA told me that it might cause scratches in the future

Although i haven't been experiencing any problems with my brakes(got them changed 4 months ago) my SA said they are the latest gen ones by BOSCH with no cuts/grooves. He also said it was an official recall by M&M only for some 2012 manufactured vehicles and said to check the newspapers for directions regarding the same.
This is precisely what I was hinting about in my ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3055427

Quote:
Informal news: Watch the XUV official site and FB page next week. A positive surprise is most likely in store.
The list of parts mentioned matches exactly with what I was informally told on Saturday 2nd Mar 2013!

Thanks for the confirmation abhinavinc. This is going to be the first official recall by Mahindras. Big step for Mahindras! I am a bit skeptical about print-announcement. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

May be I should wait till the news is announced, but what the heck - Congratulations Mahindras for doing the right thing for the customer! Safety issues have to be taken seriously (power steering failure) and there should not be any hesitance to accept the fault and offer to correct it.

Last edited by SDP : 8th March 2013 at 19:58.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 21:05   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks for the confirmation abhinavinc. This is going to be the first official recall by Mahindras. Big step for Mahindras! I am a bit skeptical about print-announcement. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

May be I should wait till the news is announced, but what the heck - Congratulations Mahindras for doing the right thing for the customer! Safety issues have to be taken seriously (power steering failure) and there should not be any hesitance to accept the fault and offer to correct it.
SDP here it is in the newspapers....nobody can deny this !!

M&M recalls XUV500 for part replacement
Will be replacing fluid hose, front power window units & the left wiper blade cover

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0800454_1.html
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 21:15   #1534
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/MahindraXUV...35907846494785

We have decided to call back few of the XUV500s to fix three concerns which warrant replacement of parts as a preventive measure. These parts are a fluid hose, front power window units and left wiper blade cover. We have now made the design more robust and decided to replace the old parts with the new parts to further give confidence to our customers that Mahindra is “With you Hamesha”. Details of the service action are on our website www.mahindraxuv500.com/service-action and customers will receive a notice to bring their vehicle to the service center to replace these parts. The improved design is already introduced in the new production vehicles.
Tushargohil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 21:44   #1535
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The news thread on the XUV Recall is up at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ain-parts.html

May be we can take all the recall related discussion there and keep this thread clean.

Regards
SDP
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 11:36   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enveee View Post
True. The first incident happened with me. Posted on this thread earlier.

The cause of the problem is still a mystery to me and the service guys. Just hope it doesnt happen again.

I thought that it was a one-off freak incident which happened with me. But i guess now Mahindra should look into this potential safety hazard.

Would also advise all XUV owners to get their sirens checked asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
The place where mounting brackets are joined with the Plastic casing of the siren is having a hinges sort of arrangement which allows an up down movement of the Siren itself without moving the mount. That part of the plastic gave up for some reason caused the device come off the original position and started hitting the alternator belt and nearby pulleys.

Looking at the RM response, it appeared to me that it is a regular issue. The guy who was working on the vehicle also seems to be quite used to removing and fixing that part. Also the part was readily available.

And the funny coincidence with this part was that it was made by Nippon again. I had multiple quality issues with Nippon supplied infotainment system before.

I recently got my Siren changed proactively under warranty. Details are at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3060918
Old 9th March 2013, 19:34   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan View Post
I'm so sorry for your terrible experience. At least Mahindra is sorting out the issues for you. What they should have done is a recall of all the vehicles from the previous batches for rectification instead of waiting for the owners to start complaining. The owners put so much trust and faith in Mahindra and this is what they get in return. Are these "replacements" free? If not it's sheer atrocity! And are you SURE you'll let go of your XUV?

I should give total credit to Mahindra for couple of things though.
1. The RM has been behaving more or less of a friend/advisor all along.
2. All parts replacement/labour is absolutely free.

In my last service, they
Fixed my car with the 3rd gen Brake pads.
Replaced the power steering hose
Replaced the head light assembly for the 2nd time
Replaced windshield water pump
Replaced wiper covers

Just now received a letter from Mahindra customer service about their XUV recall. I will scan and post the letter latest by Monday. In essence, the letter says that my vehicle should be taken to the nearest service center for replacing the power steering hose. well written letter with clear instructions about this recall and the procedure.

The first proactive step from M&M (In writing)

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th March 2013 at 12:59.
sheelapratosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 21:14   #1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
I should give total credit to Mahindra for couple of things though.
1. The RM has been behaving more or less of a friend/advisor all along.
2. All parts replacement/labour is absolutely free.

In my last service, they
Fixed my car with the 3rd gen Brake pads.
Replaced the power steering hose
Replaced the head light assembly for the 2nd time
Replaced windshield water pump
Replaced wiper covers
Hi ,

I just got back after getting my brake pads replaced. Interesting that you mentioned no labor charges were billed to you, i paid Rs 1000 for the brake pad replacement as labour charges. I was told that i will be getting BoSCH pads, but i went to the service area to check, the originals were Bosch, i got some unnamed company pads, which the mechanic claimed were from M&M. Took it up with the RM, said yes they were company replacements. My service is done by Punjab Autos Ahmedabad.

Has anybody else paid labor charges for the brake pad replacement? Which company are the 3rd gen brake pads from?
Old 9th March 2013, 23:05   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footsoldier View Post
Hi ,

I just got back after getting my brake pads replaced. Interesting that you mentioned no labor charges were billed to you, i paid Rs 1000 for the brake pad replacement as labour charges. I was told that i will be getting BoSCH pads, but i went to the service area to check, the originals were Bosch, i got some unnamed company pads, which the mechanic claimed were from M&M. Took it up with the RM, said yes they were company replacements. My service is done by Punjab Autos Ahmedabad.

Has anybody else paid labor charges for the brake pad replacement? Which company are the 3rd gen brake pads from?
I think your Service Center is cheating you. Brake pads are supposed to be to be changed free of cost (both material and labour) under warranty because it is a design / manufacturing defect.

3rd generation pads are from Bosch. My October 2012 XUV came factory-fitted with them. 4th generation ones are reportedly (I have no first hand information on this) from Galfer.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 11:21   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I think your Service Center is cheating you. Brake pads are supposed to be to be changed free of cost (both material and labour) under warranty because it is a design / manufacturing defect.
I believe the same, you may want to talk to your RM for an explanation and if found unsatisfactory, should report to M&M customer support. In my team there are 4 XUvs now, none of them paid a penny for the work carried out on suspension, brake and clutch that was caused due to manufacturing issues. Indeed they should pay you for the inconvenience.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 19:47   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footsoldier View Post
Hi ,

Absolutely 100% cheating from your dealer.
As of date for all my 23+ replacements, I have not paid a single penny. You must protest and try to talk to the dealership management team. How in the world can they charge labour charges for a free part replacement? I haven't heard of this in Bangalore so far
sheelapratosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 14:11   #1542

Has any one replaced the headlight bulbs? Any ideas how to replace them?
Old 14th March 2013, 14:36   #1543
BHPian

Repeating the request from SDP - Could we keep this thread clean and move unrelated discussions to the 'official review' page. This thread is quite popular in this part of the world and the number of pages is a direct indication of the number of niggles in XUV, for many.

Let's keep the discussion focused on niggles and solutions.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 14:39   #1544
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjain View Post
Has any one replaced the headlight bulbs? Any ideas how to replace them?
The owner's manual details the process. I had a fused low-beam bulb and opened the hood for doing the bulb-replacement. Realized that there is hardly any place to maneuver my hand. So gave up and went to service center.

Edit: And yes, I agree with Mudhalaipatti! Let's keep this thread clean.

Last edited by SDP : 14th March 2013 at 14:44.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 15:06   #1545

The manual explains nothing.. I removed more than some 12 nut/bolts and still couldnt move the headlight assembly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks