Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 16:55   #1396
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

No The rain sensor is a small round sensor fitted just above the rear view mirror.Its actually rain and light sensor. It can be removed separately from inside just open the press fit plastic cover above the middle mirror and you will see the sensor.

Cheers Shai
Shai100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 09:17   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
UPDATE ON MY POST:

Problem: Faulty Vacuum Modulator and Broken Hose near the Air Filter.
Both were replaced and now the sound has vanished. The hose came off as a clamp holding the air filter had got cut. I wonder how? neways the issue is sorted out.

Another Issue I faced is the rain sensor stopped working. They have changed it and now it works well.

On another note the rep also informed that the XUV is getting new re-designed brake system which all old owners will get as upgrade from some company (she did not know the name but its not BOSCH anymore) So lets hope the "yet another new " ones resolve our problems!
Thanks Buddy. This is good info. So any idea how they identified the vacuum modulator falt? Did it reflect in the boost pressure as you raise the rpm ? Then I will connect the ODB scanner and check the boost.

About brake, I hope M&M is not trying to do yet another round of on field testing with my car and LIFE.
Old 11th January 2013, 10:36   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Just read this article.

Source : Indian Autos Blog
(originally reported by Cartoq.com)
I think my wait has started to bear fruit, so I may befinally jumping in the bandwagon by March
Old 11th January 2013, 11:07   #1399
BHPian

Hey,

No idea how he found it! but def opened lot of components to reach the part as my clutch feels diff now which means it was touched too to rectify this issue.

Another Indicator was my Fuel economy had dropped, Was getting 8kms/ltr. So after explaining all this and asking to take repeated test drives he figured out the problem.
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 11:08   #1400
BHPian

I got this input from someone recently about brake. Turning the ESP off makes the braking more efficient. This i for those who feel the brakes of XUV are way softer than the other vehicles, which even I agree of.

I tried it but I am not sure if its really efficient or I am having a placebo effect.

Check and see if u notice any changes.
moleculez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 19:14   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
I got this input from someone recently about brake. Turning the ESP off makes the braking more efficient. This i for those who feel the brakes of XUV are way softer than the other vehicles, which even I agree of.

I tried it but I am not sure if its really efficient or I am having a placebo effect.

Check and see if u notice any changes.
No. It has no impact on brakes. I checked in my xuv. I always felt that there is some initial play in brakes and past that play, it works fine but A$$ did not agree to that :(
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 00:47   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
No. It has no impact on brakes. I checked in my xuv. I always felt that there is some initial play in brakes and past that play, it works fine but A$$ did not agree to that :(
Same here. Whenever I complained about the brake play, they bleed the brake and for 2 days the play will be lesser than previous days, but nothing comparable to my sold Optra Magnum. After using it for around 200 kms the brake will have a huge play again. Because of this play, I am loosing at least half a second time during an emergency braking and it means a lot in such situations.

About turning off ESP improving braking efficiency is heard from my service center as well, but what I feel is its just a placebo. In my opinion you should never try this on an open road.

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 12th January 2013 at 00:50.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 20:16   #1403
BHPian

Anyone here who has installed HIDs on the cheetah ?

Can somebody clarify if a HID upgrade voids the warranty ?
Old 13th January 2013, 17:42   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Anyone here who has installed HIDs on the cheetah ?

Can somebody clarify if a HID upgrade voids the warranty ?
HID's would definately void the warranty, you may also need to upgrade the wiring and be sure that the existing lamp housing would be able to handle the additional heat generated.

I had explored this option for my Scorpio but later settled for Philips white vision to avoid voiding the warranty and chances of the housing melting on account of heat.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 18:07   #1405

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

Same here. Whenever I complained about the brake play, they bleed the brake and for 2 days the play will be lesser than previous days, but nothing comparable to my sold Optra Magnum. After using it for around 200 kms the brake will have a huge play again. Because of this play, I am loosing at least half a second time during an emergency braking and it means a lot in such situations.

About turning off ESP improving braking efficiency is heard from my service center as well, but what I feel is its just a placebo. In my opinion you should never try this on an open road.

Thanks
HCP
I got a call from Koncept Mahindra last week for a brake pad replacement. I think they are calling people who have mentioned it to them about brake replacement during first service. Please put pressure on the Dealer to replace them.
Although I must add I did not notice any major change in the first few days. The Mechanic who had installed the brakes said they were made by Bosch.

Also during inspection, it was found the Power Steering rod had developed minor leakage which was also replaced FOC. Software was also updated but now the tail gate open sign keeps blinking ! Have to take it again! Lol!

Will run for some time and report of any changes/betterment in driving experience.
Ravi1976 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 18:12   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
HID's would definately void the warranty, you may also need to upgrade the wiring and be sure that the existing lamp housing would be able to handle the additional heat generated.

I had explored this option for my Scorpio but later settled for Philips white vision to avoid voiding the warranty and chances of the housing melting on account of heat.
I had posted this question on another thread and I am told it does not void warranty. Refer here
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 22:45   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
In my knowledge heat generated by HIDs will be much lesser than an equivalent halogen bulb. Wiring changes are required for a conversion, but most of them are plug and play type. You can remove them without a trace and put back the original bulb. But sometime you will have to put holes on the rubber sealing to take out the high voltage wiring which is irreversible, unless you have a spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi1976 View Post
Although I must add I did not notice any major change in the first few days.

Also during inspection, it was found the Power Steering rod had developed minor leakage which was also replaced FOC.
There you go. My brake pads were replaced thrice, but there is nothing much came out from all those service visits. But I have to admit that the horrible grinding noise that was present with the initial 2 brake pads are noticeably subsidized with the latest one. But I would prefer a better stopping power over grinding noise.

Power steering fluid leakage was found on my car as well and the pipe was replaced.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 13th January 2013 at 22:47.
Old 15th January 2013, 00:41   #1408
SDP
Team-BHP Support

2 minor irritants that I face with the infotainment system:

1. Mute the music. After some time, place a call using bluetooth, have a conversation and then hang up. The system "unmutes" itself automatically, after you finish the call.

2. My navigation system was on and I was very near to my destination. So the navigation announcements were happening one after another. In the mean time, I got a call and I accepted it on bluetooth. Now I am trying to have a conversation and the navigator is blurting out "Take right after 100 meters", "Take right" etc. I try to press the "Nav" button to go to the navigation screen where I can mute the volume of the navigation-commands. But the bluetooth-call screen is like a pop-up screen. It does not allow you to go to another screen. I rotate the volume knob, but that lowers the volume of the caller as well. I gave up. Finally I was forced to have that telephonic conversation while the navigation commands kept on interrupting.

Anybody else noticed this behavior? Please share if you have any solutions.
Old 15th January 2013, 01:38   #1409
BHPian

I've had my XUV for almost 8 months now and I am overall a happy customer. A few points to that makes/made me lose some sleep:

1) Despite regular workshop visits, I still get all the ABS, Hill Assist, etc. lights showing up on the instrument cluster while driving. Only goes away temporarily by turning off ignition and firing it up again

2) Rattling noise from the dashboard somewhere (highly irritating when it manages to sync with your brainwaves) and also from the middle seats (when not occupied)

3) Alignment issues! always running towards the left

4) Had some issues with the rear suspension as well as it used to make thud noises while going over bumps and potholes, but that got sorted recently via replacement

5) Slotting into 2nd gear is still the most tedious bit driving the XUV

6) Never got my purple membership thingy despite repeated reminders. Is it worth it though? I am just interested to get a BIC run if it ever happens!

7) Pathetic UI for the infotainment system. Needs a massive software upgrade

Hopefully some of these should get resolved soon.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:21   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I had posted this question on another thread and I am told it does not void warranty. Refer here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
In my knowledge heat generated by HIDs will be much lesser than an equivalent halogen bulb. Wiring changes are required for a conversion, but most of them are plug and play type. You can remove them without a trace and put back the original bulb. But sometime you will have to put holes on the rubber sealing to take out the high voltage wiring which is irreversible, unless you have a spare.
-HCP
My observations were based on the conversations which I had with the A.S.S. when I wanted to have HID's installed in my Scorpio (I had posted this somewhere in the Scorpio niggles thread) and what i could remember my high school physics.

Halogen emits more radiant heat and wastes energy in form of infrared while the HID has a higher surface temperature on account of the plasma arc which burns at very high temperateures.

But I may be completely wrong.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks