Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 23:02   #1426
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi

Is anyone aware of the change in the Service Intervals for the XUV 500.

A friend of mine wanted to book his XUV500 for the 15K service and has been told by the M.A.S.S. that the service intervals have been changed to every 10K kms by Mahindra from the current intervals of 5K Kms.
There is NO change in Service Interval. First service at 5K, second at 10K and thereafter every 10K. Earlier there was a time limitation also of 3 months, 6 months etc. That has been removed. You can take my word for it since my car was delivered on Jan 7, 2013, and that too from M&M 100% subsidiary, NBS International, Mumbai. Good luck with your 20K servicing
Heavy Horse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 04:13   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Thanks! Please get some feedback on if they are continuing with the 15K kms service.

My friend had been told that his 15K kms service wil now happen at 20K kms only. I agree with you on the time limit part and I had heard the same but this change of service intervals sounds a bit fishy!
Only the first two services are at 5 K interval. After that , the service interval is at every 10K and oil change at 20K. Now M&M is only tracking the Kilometers done and no more time bonded services. This is mainly due to the sheer work load service stations were at in handling so many vehicles coming in for scheduled maintenance with more than expected non-scheduled running repairs.
Attached Images

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th January 2013 at 04:17.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 12:37   #1428
BHPian

Got the 2nd service done for 10000kms. Charges = Nil. So what is usually taken care of as part of 2nd service. I thought there was some oil / filter changes.
The following was taken care of as part of repairs

- New brake pads installed: Have not tried any hard braking after that. So as of now does not feel much difference

- Ignition system replaced

- Power window motor for front passenger door replaced

- Power steering tightness adjusted : It feels better now

- Gear shift issues : The RM mentioned some gear shift cable was replaced. Gear shift feels improved in some way. But slotting to reverse gear still not perfect and at times required to shift to 1st/3rd gear before shifting to reverse. Something I can live with anyways

- Wheel alignment : Finally after 5 months my car is going straight without veering to the left or right . Infact, I felt it improved the overall driving experience as I hit a speed of 160 today morning and felt a confidence never felt before with this car

- Engine vibration noise : RM mentioned it was caused due to loosened engine bolts and has been tightened.

-Wiper washer spray adjusted : It was very weak. Need to see how much it has improved

- Indicator stalk was not clicking properly into place when steering was in certain angles and has been rectified. Seems this is a common problem as the moment I explained it to the RM, she understood and called it some combination issue

-Meter cowl rattling noise : RM said it has been rectified. Need to see if it will reappear

- Low beam focussing : Seems there is a marginal difference with an increased range. Have to do some more night driving.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 14:02   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Got the 2nd service done for 10000kms.

FundaG
FundaG,

Where do you get the service done? Sireesh? If Sireesh, who is your RM?
I am getting some sloppy answer for brake pad replacement for almost 4 months now.. Escalation emails to customer care, Regional customer care and their Customer Care VP is yielding no results..
Old 18th January 2013, 15:04   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
FundaG,

Where do you get the service done? Sireesh? If Sireesh, who is your RM?
I am getting some sloppy answer for brake pad replacement for almost 4 months now.. Escalation emails to customer care, Regional customer care and their Customer Care VP is yielding no results..
The reason is fair simple: they know that replacing the brake pad will not solve the issue completely. A majority of the customers still complaining about the same problems they reported before a replacement. If the problem is something you can live with for some time, I would suggest you to wait for a month or so. Some good news is on its way...

--HCP
Old 18th January 2013, 15:33   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post

Just to update I have got the brake pads replaced yesterday. I sincerely can not find any difference or improvement in the new brakes. Brake pedal is still spongy and the performance is the same. So I am not sure if its actually going to help. In my case I just mentioned the brakes to my RM and he said 'dont worry we will change it'.

They also changed some Automatic Tensioner which was related to alternator. Background is that my XUV had some screeching noises from the engine which semed like a Fan belt problem or something similar.

They have also worked on 1st and 2nd gear rigidness and gears are smooth till now.

Let me drive few more miles to actually appreciate the improvements.

Regards
Old 18th January 2013, 15:40   #1432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
The reason is fair simple: they know that replacing the brake pad will not solve the issue completely. A majority of the customers still complaining about the same problems they reported before a replacement. If the problem is something you can live with for some time, I would suggest you to wait for a month or so. Some good news is on its way...

--HCP
What kind of good news is this now? Bosch was working on new set of brake pads with different constituent ratios. That has long since been released and it hundred percent takes care of the screeching/grinding noise of the brakes from what I saw. I have now clocked over 1500 Kms since the pads were replaced in my car and I have not seen the recurrence of that dreaded noise. If anything, I have a strong suspicion that it also improved the braking distance for my car to some extent.

Only challenge is to get your SA to replace it for you since the supply is severely restricted as compared to the potential replacement customer base.

Last edited by Zappo : 18th January 2013 at 15:42.
Old 19th January 2013, 06:35   #1433
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
What kind of good news is this now? ....
A fellow BHPian had reported on this thread that a non-BOSCH brake assembly is the final solution and would be part of new vehicles from Jan-Feb'2013.
Old 19th January 2013, 12:19   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Got the 2nd service done for 10000kms.

- Ignition system replaced

- Power steering tightness adjusted : It feels better now
What is meant by 'ignition system'? Which parts were changed? What was the defect actually?

Also, would like to know how they adjusted the power steering.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:06   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
I have now clocked over 1500 Kms since the pads were replaced in my car and I have not seen the recurrence of that dreaded noise. If anything, I have a strong suspicion that it also improved the braking distance for my car to some extent.

Only challenge is to get your SA to replace it for you since the supply is severely restricted as compared to the potential replacement customer base.
Even I was happy about the new brake pads changed when vehicle clocked 4700 Kms. Though the brake was still spongy and the pedal play was too much for a brake, there was no grinding noise.

Now odo at 8700 Kms, the sound is back.

--HCP
Old 19th January 2013, 19:15   #1436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Even I was happy about the new brake pads changed when vehicle clocked 4700 Kms. Though the brake was still spongy and the pedal play was too much for a brake, there was no grinding noise.

Now odo at 8700 Kms, the sound is back.

--HCP
When was this change effected for you? As in which month? Also, I am skeptical about the sound returning for two main reasons,

1. My new vehicle out of the showroom had the grinding noise within 200 Kms. Every time I complained they cleaned up the brake dust and it used to hold for 200 kms or so before it used to come back. This time it has not happened for over 1500 Kms. Unless you are suggesting a delayed bomb, so to say, I don't foresee it coming back.

2. I have seen a set of 2 XUVs that got these pads here first... One of them, that i met in M&M SS, has clocked close to 4000 kms now with these pads and the owner said he is happy. The second one in my office has 2500 Kms since replacement and he also says that sounds gone for good.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 19:26   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
When was this change effected for you? As in which month? Also, I am skeptical about the sound returning for two main reasons,

1. My new vehicle out of the showroom had the grinding noise within 200 Kms. Every time I complained they cleaned up the brake dust and it used to hold for 200 kms or so before it used to come back. This time it has not happened for over 1500 Kms. Unless you are suggesting a delayed bomb, so to say, I don't foresee it coming back.

2. I have seen a set of 2 XUVs that got these pads here first... One of them, that i met in M&M SS, has clocked close to 4000 kms now with these pads and the owner said he is happy. The second one in my office has 2500 Kms since replacement and he also says that sounds gone for good.
Thanks for the info Zappo.
My brake pad was last replaced in November, I was told the 3rd reworked pads from M&M. I had also met a couple of folks in service station who been complaining about brake noise even after 3rd replacement to my disbelief because it was working well for me. Later the service manager himself admitted in front of me to the other customer that there are lot many cars still having same issue of brake noise after 3rd replacement. I m glad that it is working well for you, I work with M&M to resolve mine.

--HCP
Old 20th January 2013, 19:09   #1438
BHPian

I have been wanting to upgrade from my outgoing car to a SUV and thus have been doing a lot of research, of course on our Team-bhp forum. I am so confused between scorpio 4wd vlx, storme vx 4wd and XUV awd that the choice of car changes every week but there is something about XUV that keeps me pulling towards it, also wifey loves it too much. This is why i have been following this thread religiously. Sure there are niggles but is it me or anyone else also thinks that, mahindra has been very very helpful to sort out these issues, and atleat 60-70 percent of the times the spare parts are readily available ? heck we indians swear by hyundai After sales service but for my getz i have literally banged my head on the wall trying to get things done by, mind you, not one but all the authorized service centres in my city. If I am right. Kudos to mahindra
Old 20th January 2013, 22:55   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
What is meant by 'ignition system'? Which parts were changed? What was the defect actually?

Also, would like to know how they adjusted the power steering.
Please dont misinterpret my answer for the ignition system as pulling your leg. Giving my best shot to explain it.

By ignition system, its the meant the place where we insert the key and switch on the car. The issue I had faced was that the car battery was not being switched on when in ACC state. Details are available in one of my early postings
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2998737

I understood from the RM that ignition system was replaced. This also involved recoding the key.

With power steering she mentioned something like "bleeding was done for the power steering". Since everything was explained over phone with lot of background noise of the service centre, could not make it out clearly. Anyway the power steering has improved and feels light with no strain to my arms as earlier.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 00:59   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I have been wanting to upgrade from my outgoing car to a SUV and thus have been doing a lot of research, of course on our Team-bhp forum. I am so confused between scorpio 4wd vlx, storme vx 4wd and XUV awd that the choice of car changes every week but there is something about XUV that keeps me pulling towards it, also wifey loves it too much. This is why i have been following this thread religiously. Sure there are niggles but is it me or anyone else also thinks that, mahindra has been very very helpful to sort out these issues, and atleat 60-70 percent of the times the spare parts are readily available ? heck we indians swear by hyundai After sales service but for my getz i have literally banged my head on the wall trying to get things done by, mind you, not one but all the authorized service centres in my city. If I am right. Kudos to mahindra
I have clocked around 7500 KM in my XUV-W6 which is less than 3 months old. I too had lots of apprehensions, especially after going through this thread, but fortunately my XUV has been quite trouble free so far and has exceeded my expectations. You may go through my ownership thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...amshedpur.html if you wish. Recently I drove my XUV to Nathu La in East Sikkim and Yumthang in North Sikkim where the roads were pretty awful and the car behaved pretty well. I have posted some pictures at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...my-xuv500.html.

Which SUV you eventually buy would be your personal choice and this thread and other similar forums and reviews would merely serve as inputs to enable you to take a more informed decision.

IMHO, Mahindras' 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty indicates their solid confidence on the XUV. It also seems to me that most of the niggles found in earlier batches have been taken care of by M&M and the new batches are more niggle-free.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks