Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 10:43   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I got delivery of my XUV W8 on saturday 21st july
Thanks
Abhinav - Congrats on your XUV and wish you many happy miles.

Cheque getting cleared after 4 days is normal. The dealer process the cheque the next day and bank takes a day or 2 to clear.

1. The doors are pretty easy to fix. It might be either greasing the door Or at the max change the "t-rod"/"stop-rod" of the door. A.S.S can fix it within 1 hour under warranty & free of cost.

2. Ask Them to "bleed" the steering wheel system or change the hydrauulic fluid. It could it as simple as an air-bubble or a dust in the system or might be a solenoid problem. Both are do-able under warranty.

3. The solution is to upgrade your software for the HTC phone. The software upgrade mostly (99%) solves the connectivity issue. It is upgradable under warranty on your HTC or Rs 100/- at a local cellphone repair shop. If your HTC is an Android, There are various BT connectivity software that help you connect to the HU.

4. The A.S.S would remove the seat and take a test-drive to isolate the issue. Its easily fixable by A.S.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Here's my contribution to the niggles thread:
Oh - This is bad. Such an issue in a brand new XUV. Sorry to hear about it SDP Bhai.

I think its just me, but i think the top portion is serrated(broken), which might have caused the switch to fall inside. The most common fix to this is by "fevi-qwik" but please DO NOT allow them to use fevi qwik as it damages the plastic and over a period time, plastic will weaken. Please ask them to use any other fix other than adhesives. It should be done under warranty. Even if they have to replace the dash, let them do it. Attaching the same picture for your reference.

All these switches are "push & clip-on" type of switches at the factory and are not fastened using any adhesives. Adhesive will solve the problem, the bonding will be great that the switch will not ever come out, but in future if you need to replace the switch, it would be next to impossible unless you shear the plastic. So, i would suggest they not use adhesive at all.

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 2538
Size:  257.0 KB

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th July 2012 at 10:48.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 18:37   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Abhinav - Congrats on your XUV and wish you many happy miles.

Cheque getting cleared after 4 days is normal. The dealer process the cheque the next day and bank takes a day or 2 to clear.

1. The doors are pretty easy to fix. It might be either greasing the door Or at the max change the "t-rod"/"stop-rod" of the door. A.S.S can fix it within 1 hour under warranty & free of cost.

2. Ask Them to "bleed" the steering wheel system or change the hydrauulic fluid. It could it as simple as an air-bubble or a dust in the system or might be a solenoid problem. Both are do-able under warranty.

3. The solution is to upgrade your software for the HTC phone. The software upgrade mostly (99%) solves the connectivity issue. It is upgradable under warranty on your HTC or Rs 100/- at a local cellphone repair shop. If your HTC is an Android, There are various BT connectivity software that help you connect to the HU.

4. The A.S.S would remove the seat and take a test-drive to isolate the issue. Its easily fixable by A.S.S

Thanks for the advice.
The bookings were open only on 8th june, and as i had paid booking amount much earlier, the dealer had to cash the cheque only on the 9th.
'Bleeding the steering', will it solve the problem and i won't feel the rotation of steering? If it can be solved by a.s.s don't know why M&M could not solve it on their assemble line.
Old 28th July 2012, 19:08   #678
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh - This is bad. Such an issue in a brand new XUV. Sorry to hear about it SDP Bhai.

I think its just me, but i think the top portion is serrated(broken), which might have caused the switch to fall inside....
It does look serrated, thanks.

Visited the service center today for following problems:
1. Fuel lid opener switch had caved in. -> Fixed
2. USB does not play videos. -> Fixed. Yet to test on my USB drive. They fixed it and showed it to me on their drive. They claimed that may be my pen drive has a problem.
3. Steering wheel off-center by around 5 degrees. -> Fixed
4. Vehicle drifts to the left. -> Fixed
5. Second row RHS AC vent not blowing any air. -> Fixed
6. Red dome light has a couple of defused LEDs. -> Not fixed. Part not in stock.
7. Right side static bending light not working -> Replaced. Yet to test.
8. Bluetooth SMS not supported. I use a Blackberry, which gives me this problem. There is a Samsung that does not pair at all. -> Not fixable. Depends on software on the mobile. Apparently Blutetooth SMS works well with Nokia phones. Samsung phones face the most challenges.

Asked about the headlight throw being clipped on the right hand side. The RM confirmed it to be a feature.

Paid Rs 145 for the bulb replacement.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 19:32   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.
The bookings were open only on 8th june, and as i had paid booking amount much earlier, the dealer had to cash the cheque only on the 9th.
'Bleeding the steering', will it solve the problem and i won't feel the rotation of steering? If it can be solved by a.s.s don't know why M&M could not solve it on their assemble line.
It actually depends on the analysis. If there is some air bubble or some dust, the steering misbehaves and bleeding will solve the issue. If the issue is with the solenoid, it needs to be replaced.

Quote:
If it can be solved by a.s.s don't know why M&M could not solve it on their assemble line
Unfortunately that is what is indian quality and commitment to customer.
Old 28th July 2012, 21:00   #680
anm
BHPian

congrats abhinav. the car does drive like a petrol car and I was surprised. 7 yrs back I rejected diesel skoda and went for petrol skoda. But this time the drive of xuv was much different. Please also get the brake checked.

sorry for disappearing. Since mine was a company owned vehicle, there were too many iterations, discussions and processes that I could not move quickly. There is no ready stock available any more anywhere :(
If anyone else knows a jun/ july manufactured piece available, let me know. I have the entire amount ready for payment and take delivery right away
Old 28th July 2012, 21:47   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

It actually depends on the analysis. If there is some air bubble or some dust, the steering misbehaves and bleeding will solve the issue. If the issue is with the solenoid, it needs to be replaced.

I guess Abhinav actually mean the steering rod that touches when the clutch is pressed. It's a design issues and I don't think there will be any solution at a.s.s
rohitbagai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 08:29   #682
BHPian

Are any other XUV owners facing the other commonly identified niggles like-
1.Notchy gearshift-1st and 2nd gear engaging difficulty-1st gear slippage.
2.Brakes-Grinding noise-Hard brake pedal-Sudden brake bite.
3.Infotainment Restart-Hanging.
4.Hard clutch pedal press.
5.Scratches on windscreen due to wiper movement.
6.Spherical shadows in the headlights from where the light passes through.
7.Hand brake does not engage.
Thanks.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:39   #683
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
1.Notchy gearshift-1st and 2nd gear engaging difficulty-1st gear slippage.
2.Brakes-Grinding noise-Hard brake pedal-Sudden brake bite.
3.Infotainment Restart-Hanging.
4.Hard clutch pedal press.
5.Scratches on windscreen due to wiper movement.
7.Hand brake does not engage.

Thanks.
#6 is not a niggle at all.
#7 is not commonly identified. Don't recall seeing a single incident reported in this thread or any of the 7-8 ownership threads on TBHP.

Complaints about the rest seem to have come down.

Any insider in Mahindra Service? Would love to see the statistics and resolutions on the oft-reported niggles.

What I got from a service-adviser yesterday - There are lots of people who complain about things not working because they have not understood the features. e.g. The start-stop is On and the engine shuts off at a signal and people complain about the engine stopping!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 17:02   #684
BHPian

Quote:
#6 is not a niggle at all.
#7 is not commonly identified. Don't recall seeing a single incident reported in this thread or any of the 7-8 ownership threads on TBHP.

Complaints about the rest seem to have come down.

Any insider in Mahindra Service? Would love to see the statistics and resolutions on the oft-reported niggles.

What I got from a service-adviser yesterday - There are lots of people who complain about things not working because they have not understood the features. e.g. The start-stop is On and the engine shuts off at a signal and people complain about the engine stopping!
#6. Is this then a design fault because of poor quality headlight glass?
#7. Read this in the Autocar test.
Spoke to the RM at length on niggle resolution. As per them - What niggles?
Everything is OK, maybe the brakes, but then that will change once the new disk design comes in the new batch of vehs. Can't confirm but hints of a W4 version coming soon were dropped.
Old 29th July 2012, 18:41   #685
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
#6. Is this then a design fault because of poor quality headlight glass?
As per my understanding, you get to see a black spot "on" the headlight glass when you look at it from the front. That spot does not create any issues in the headlight illumination. Is this what we are talking about?
If yes, I don't see a problem as such. Its just "interesting"

Can you elaborate #6 a bit possibly with a picture?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 19:30   #686
BHPian

Quote:
single most reason why I have decided not to buy anything on wheels of which R&D has been done in India. Had a Scorpio CRDE which had clutch failure at least 4 times within a span of 20k km and 2 years. The service guys just could not find the problem other than blaming my driving style, well Mahimdra came up with solution after my persistence and accepted the manufacturing defect in the vehicle but did not bother to compensate. Not that I like foreign stuff or something but we only care that much for the customers so then buy those stuff which may not require their attention. But I can make out from this thread that M&M have learnt their stuff.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 23:06   #687
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
As per my understanding, you get to see a black spot "on" the headlight glass when you look at it from the front. That spot does not create any issues in the headlight illumination. Is this what we are talking about?
If yes, I don't see a problem as such. Its just "interesting"

Can you elaborate #6 a bit possibly with a picture?
Princey do u mean u see a black spot when the headlight is actually switched off? I think some one else also mentioned about the same problem. Well if it really does occur and there is discoloration/fading of the headlight glass where the light passes through, then it only means the glass is of poor quality .
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 06:47   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Princey do u mean u see a black spot when the headlight is actually switched off? I think some one else also mentioned about the same problem. Well if it really does occur and there is discoloration/fading of the headlight glass where the light passes through, then it only means the glass is of poor quality .

Correct!
Will post a few pics to show the same.
The glass has become faded/discolored as if due to the heat emitted by the headlights. Is not the same shiny slick glass on delivery.
Old 30th July 2012, 07:11   #689
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is new. One more thing to keep a watch on.

Quote:
Correct!
Will post a few pics to show the same.
The glass has become faded/discolored as if due to the heat emitted by the headlights. Is not the same shiny slick glass on delivery.
I understand now. The headlights would most likely have plastic on the front (and not glass). So, as you have mentioned, the possibility of heat causing the damage does exist. If that is the case, its bad quality/incorrect grade of materials.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:15   #690
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
My reply in bold.

1.Notchy gearshift-1st and 2nd gear engaging difficulty-1st gear slippage. I had this issue. The gear slips off in 6th also. Had to get it fixed.
2.Brakes-Grinding noise-Hard brake pedal-Sudden brake bite.This was an issue with my vehicle. Fixed. Still have some grinding, but Im told its the ABS kicking in. Im not too sure
3.Infotainment Restart-Hanging. Have not faced
4.Hard clutch pedal press. Yes. And it will remain by design
5.Scratches on windscreen due to wiper movement. Have not faced
7.Hand brake does not engage. Have not faced

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks