Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 08:47   #1366
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Good to see mahindra guys keeping a close tab on this thread. I came to know this first hand. Good for us. On being thrown around in rough roads, well it does. I am sure u drive very cautiously like you would drive a sedan. I used to do that, but just try to speed up a little bit and I guess this won't be a issue.@fundG, first time noticing something like this. Yes that's the part where VIN numbers are displayed,but this is definitely over etching or glue as HCP suggests. Let's get a high quality picture before speculating
Old 1st January 2013, 18:25   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Is someone on this thread having a Sony Xperia phone?

I'm having one and I've trouble in using the bluetooth phone calling. I can hear the other party's voice crystal clear. But the other party is not able to hear my voice clearly. They hear a lot of noise.

Any solutions? I'm having the latest software for infotainment system. Also, this problem is not seen with other phones I've tried - iPhone, Nokia N8, HTC Nexus One.

I'm ready to root the phone if needed to fix this. Missing out an important functionality. :(
Hi. I have an Xperia X10 mini and have not faced any issues with the BT pairing/connectivity, call clarity or playing music...has worked like a charm till date (touchwood!). However, I do not have the latest version of the ICE (its the one that came stock with the Oct 2012 make vehicle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I would!
I have no intention of selling mine - ever.
+1 to that !! Although its just 1500 kms old, I am luvin it!

Last edited by Zappo : 4th January 2013 at 18:54. Reason: No back to back posts please.
rakesh_raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:33   #1368
BHPian

1. Almost a year now and my brakes continue to give me that horror noise.. Is there anyone who got this issue fixed? My RM keeps giving stories about new "Kits" coming soon..
2. My wiper motor got replaced in the second service. For the past month or so, the motor doesn't spray water (There is enough water in the windshield container).. Is there anyone with a similar problem?
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:54   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
1. Almost a year now and my brakes continue to give me that horror noise.. Is there anyone who got this issue fixed? My RM keeps giving stories about new "Kits" coming soon..
2. My wiper motor got replaced in the second service. For the past month or so, the motor doesn't spray water (There is enough water in the windshield container).. Is there anyone with a similar problem?
Yup. My washer motor failed a few months ago. Got it changed under warranty.
Rossiter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:53   #1370
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
My wiper-spray isn't working since about a 8-10 days. Looks like its a common problem.

Planning to visit the service center soon.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd January 2013 at 22:07.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 22:32   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post

They had checked and inspected the AC system and were not able to find any issues. I will have to wait till it re-appears. They believe it is an usage issue and gave me a print out of an email from Mahindra which is given below.
Has anyone in the thread experienced the issue of AC not switching on in the first few minutes of the drive? As you can see in the video when the issue makes its appearance the Auto light is on but the AC light is off. After a few minutes when the AC starts working the AC light comes on.

-- wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 15:48   #1372
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Guys, sorry ..forgot to ask one thing. Is the new washer-spray motor of a new design? Or they replaced with another piece of the same design?

Any reason shared by them about the early failure of that part?
Old 4th January 2013, 17:38   #1373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Coming to XUV, i cant say the same. Thought its only 4 months old
its facing various minor niggles apart from the bigger ones like brakes, gear shifting issues etc. Infact due to this niggles, while going on long drives, I always have this small worry at the back of my mind if something might go wrong. Not something which is expected from a 15 lac car. Having faced the following cant say my worries are baseless
- Driver door power window motor not working and had to be replaced
- There happens to be some issue with the ignition system and I have to get it replaced
- Today morning my left front door power window is not working which means I will have to get it replaced.
- Wheel alignment still not perfect
- Steering tightness
- gear shifting issues especially slotting into reverse

Now will I sell off the XUV after warranty period. It will depend on various factors,
<SNIP>
So maybe in couple of years time, I will be able to make a decision on keeping this car post the warranty period.

FundaG
I thought I will get my inputs on this. I have had good experiences so far. The primary reason for me could be my stability in terms of jobs since this is on co. lease.
Based on my experiences so far, I don't think I'm going to sell this vehicle any soon.
However, like FundaG said, it also depends on the way maintenance show up on the vehicle after the warranty period. I'm happy on that font so far, my last service invoice was Rs. 174.00 including a mud flap replacement.
I used to have the issue with gear shift, major issues with 2nd gear, for some time, I don't see it and it has become very smooth.
I haven't faced issues during my long drives and that has built so much of confidence, major contributor is my 7K Uttarakhand trip in October and since then I'm confident about long trips, I drove 2 long trips of ~1K kms each in past two weeks and haven't had any issues around those. So, looks like its performing just fine.
I sometimes feel vehicle pulling left, so it is very well there, need to figure out why always left? is it because its too sensitive or some real issue that needs attention.
Overall, if I maintain it well, I guess it should provide me the expected quality experience over the period of time.

I'm not saying I'm a chosen one since I haven't faced many issues, there may be more like me. I very well know the experiences by other owners and it (some) may happen to me tomorrow. However, I'm ready to deal with that considering the wonderful customer support M&M is providing and continue to enjoy the vehicle/drives as of now.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 18:37   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I sometimes feel vehicle pulling left, so it is very well there, need to figure out why always left? is it because its too sensitive or some real issue that needs attention.
Have you shown your vehicle to a professional wheel alignment center? (Not the Mahindra service centers.)

I've done it from Madhus Enterprises once (TBHPian owned) and alignment was perfect until Mahindra service center touched it again ;-)

The car drove straight even after taking hands off the steering.
Need to go there again.
tachobells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 19:10   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you shown your vehicle to a professional wheel alignment center? (Not the Mahindra service centers.)

I've done it from Madhus Enterprises once (TBHPian owned) and alignment was perfect until Mahindra service center touched it again ;-)

Need to go there again.
Not yet, I shall go visit Madhus once. Does he own Tyre Plus in HSR layout? I guess I read madhus somewhere when I visited last time.
btw, I was regular with Ilyasbhai opposite to lalbaug for all alignment related work for my Palio. Has anyone experienced both and has any inputs!

Last edited by Ketan : 4th January 2013 at 19:13.
Old 4th January 2013, 19:24   #1376
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has been resolved long back. I have now over 1000 kms clocked since the replacement and can say that the new kit works. Or rather it is the new brake pads and they work. It works like a charm in fact. The crazy jhan jhoon sound that it used to make earlier (like a ST bus) is absolutely gone and I strongly suspect it has done something for the braking efficacy as well. Earlier I always used to have my heart in my mouth when I used to be too close to the vehicle ahead. That feeling is now gone as I always feel the brakes are working to the extent that I am applying the pressure.

About your RM giving you golis (ok, " spinning yarns")... there is a reason for that. See the problem is that they have a finite run of how many comes out in each batch from BOSCH. These have to be kitted in the new cars plus sent to the dealerships for replacement pieces. Now think of the challenge. The SS gets barely 30 to 50 pieces of these and there is this huge waiting list of people out there. Remember, every XUV owner out there who has a car manufactured, I think till April, is a replacement candidate. So they try to tell you stories and only do it for people who are breathing down their neck.

I got a wind of it while talking to a senior guy at M&M. So I went back and read the riot act to my RM and told him that either it happens now or I take the next escalation step. Needless to say it got done pronto.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2013, 19:53   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Not yet, I shall go visit Madhus once. Does he own Tyre Plus in HSR layout? I guess I read madhus somewhere when I visited last time.

They use some equipments ( don't remember which ones) which are manufactured by Madhus. You would have seen the name on those.
OT: ketan, Could you please post some details about the on board camera that you are using in your XUV.

-- Wind
Old 4th January 2013, 22:26   #1378
BHPian

Quote:

Need to go there again.
Where is madhus located. I badly need to get the wheel alignment done. Had tried it out at another wheel alignment centre while in Kerala and now the car is slightly veering to the right.

FundaG
Old 4th January 2013, 23:44   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
They use some equipments ( don't remember which ones) which are manufactured by Madhus. You would have seen the name on those.
OT: ketan, Could you please post some details about the on board camera that you are using in your XUV.

-- Wind
I'm using Garmin nuvi 2565 with GDR10 (driving recorder). You can find more details here.
http://www.garmin.co.in/products/ont..._2565lm_india/

More specific details about GDR10 here on sg website.
http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/gdr_10/

You can also watch some videos on youtube about GDR10 or GDR20 (a newer model may be!).

I found it ok, it doesn't have that wide angle that other Chinese DVRs claim/has but I'm fine with what it gives, it integrated well with my nuvi and works as expected, I have it ON all the time, I lock the snip/vids whenever I feel I want to save something for later, it continues to overwrite the older, unlocked videos. It has got 3 different video resolution options with highest at 720p. All in all a good product for me compared to some device from chinavision

Last edited by Ketan : 4th January 2013 at 23:46.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 22:51   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Guys, sorry ..forgot to ask one thing. Is the new washer-spray motor of a new design? Or they replaced with another piece of the same design?

Any reason shared by them about the early failure of that part?
I don't know whether you jinxed my car SDP, but today my washer motor conked off! Getting it replaced the day after.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks