Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2012, 19:18   #31
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

One of my friend had taken delivery of XUV 500 few weeks back .
His issues are dirt getting caught in numerous crevices , bulbs especially stop lamps getting fused , the front bumper cladding has been screwed back twice already , it just comes loose .Service Guy said sir it will sort out with time!
Old 9th January 2012, 15:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
One of my friend had taken delivery of XUV 500 few weeks back .
Service Guy said sir it will sort out with time!
This is a new one , what does he mean, the offending part will be removed completely, because logically it cannot fit itself back.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan15
Hi, I picked up the XUV on the 6th of Jan and have had my share of niggles as well.....
Right update on the niggles... The left headlights have been changed. Completely new unit. So the LED niggles have been solved there.

Infotainment system seems to have sorted itself out and is currently behaving.

Have a question to other XUV owners. Is there a tendency for the vehicle to pull slightly to the left? I have this and the solution by the RM was to rotate the wheels. I am not too sure that it completely eliminated the pulling. Do you guys face the same problem as well?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:44. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 10th January 2012, 13:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan15 View Post
Right update on the niggles... The left headlights have been changed. Completely new unit. So the LED niggles have been solved there. ..
One question, are the DRL's effective, I observed an XUV around 7 PM with the DRL's on, but the led strip was hardly seen.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:44. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 10th January 2012, 13:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One question, are the DRL's effective, I observed an XUV around 7 PM with the DRL's on, but the led strip was hardly seen.
To be honest the DRL's serve more as a cosmetic add on than any any effective driving aid. I dont know if they serve any other purpose.Other XUV owners can throw some light if they know any. However the cornering headlight function certainly helps.
pavan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan15 View Post
To be honest the DRL's serve more as a cosmetic add on than any any effective driving aid. I dont know if they serve any other purpose.Other XUV owners can throw some light if they know any. However the cornering headlight function certainly helps.
Thats what was my observation too, I feel my 300 Rs. LED strip (on Scorpio) has better lighting than the OEM DRL on XUV. But I think I am comparing the quality of lights to the Audi or BMW which is not a fair comparison. However, if provided the lights should have been more than a cosmetic add on.

Last edited by m_upreti : 10th January 2012 at 13:50.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter
...1) I'm getting a scraping noise from the front left wheel during acceleration from 20-40 kmph. It's like something's holding the wheel and it's hampering the acceleration.....
I too face the same problem as 1) which is scrapping noise from the left front wheel. I am not too sure if this is a problem in all XUVs. Maybe a few more XUV owners can shed light if they face the same issue.

Also there is a strange hissing sound near the passenger door when the vehicle is in motion. Maybe it's nothing since there does not seem to have any air percolating inside. But please do report if anyone is facing the same noise.

Old 12th January 2012, 16:32   #38
BHPian

Update to my situation; What an ordeal this has become!

Dropped off the XUV at SKS last Tuesday, and I gave the car to them telling them to take their time and sort out everything 100%. I said this because I thought it would take 2-3 days to sort out the issues I had, namely:

1) Two distinct and separate noises coming during acceleration. One being regular and continuous, and the other noise occurring randomly during acceleration from 20-40 in 2nd gear.
2) Brake pad grinding noise.
3) Off center steering
4) Low mileage.

I also told them to take their time because I had my SX4 at my disposal. What happened between last Tuesday and yesterday is as below:

Tuesday to Thursday evening - Spent waiting for the brake pads to come, and trying to diagnose the cause of the noises. Both unsuccessful.

Friday morning - Brake pads received, but the pads are the wrong ones! So we have to wait for the correct ones to come in. Still trying to diagnose the noises.

Saturday - No update

Sunday-Monday- They say that the transaxle is the one causing these noises and decide to replace the transaxle unit.

Tuesday - I am assured of delivery on Wednesday come what may. I start making noises about how expensive my SX4 is in terms of fuel costs, given that I do almost 100 km of commuting in traffic everyday. I am re-assured that the car will be problem free and ready to be delivered the next day i.e Wednesday. They have received the correct brake pads and have changed them by now

Wednesday - I call up to confirm delivery and I am given a vague response that the car is still undergoing trials. I am given a clear update later on that the noises are still not eliminated, despite the transaxle unit being replaced. They will need another 3-4 days.

This is when I start getting really annoyed.

I give the RM a piece of my mind and tell her that I've lost my patience, and confidence in the car. I ask to speak to her manager, and he comes on to tell me that he needs time till Saturday. He admits that they don't know what the problem is, and that they are taking M&M's help to solve the issue.

I got the number of the concerned person in Mahindra and spoke to him, he said he is going to trial the car himself, and find the solution somehow. He later calls me back at 8 pm to tell me that he has intimated the plant about it, and that he will continue working on finding a solution in the morning. In the meantime, the RM calls up saying that they are arranging a standby car, at my house at 8 am.

I ask for a diesel car, and this morning the driver of the standby car calls me up and says "Sir, I'm here to deliver your self-driven SX4". I am surprised because I had asked for a diesel standby. I call up the RM and try to find out what was happening, and I told her it didn't make sense to offer me an SX4 petrol as a standby when I had clearly told her I am spending a lot of fuel for my own SX4.

She agrees and I get another call from the driver that he is going back to his office to bring a Corolla Altis petrol. I didn't know what else to say/do so I accepted it.

Later in the day, the Mahindra person calls me up and says that he has asked for some parts from the plant in Nashik, and that it will take 3-4 days to arrive. In the meantime, I am asked to take the car back while the parts are in transit.

My confidence in Mahindra and the service station is seriously shaken after this whole thing. It's clear that they are being truthful and genuine when they say they've been up till 11-12 in the night trying to fix my car, but there is no successful solution. It's only a trial and error everyday, so I am contemplating selling the car off, because I can't spare the time nor the effort in chasing these guys to fix up the car.

I have asked for the car to be returned to me tomorrow, and I've a feeling that the pressure on them will reduce to an extent once they give the car back to me.

If they are unable to resolve these issues, I'll probably have to escalate it a little more. Will keep this thread updated.

Last edited by Rossiter : 12th January 2012 at 16:34.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 16:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post

=============

I have asked for the car to be returned to me tomorrow, and I've a feeling that the pressure on them will reduce to an extent once they give the car back to me.

If they are unable to resolve these issues, I'll probably have to escalate it a little more. Will keep this thread updated.
Wow, now this is something that needs to sorted by them immediately. I suggest you look up the Mahindra XUV webpage that has the email ID of their customer care VP and write to him on this. I know for a fact that they are pretty prompt in their response, however not too sure of the same promptness in action. May as well give it a try. I hope this is sorted out soon since it can be quite a drain on your pocket.
As I have mentioned earlier I seem to be getting the same noises as you have mentioned from the front left wheel, so this has got me thinking if this is a inherent flaw in all XUVs. If so then are our vehicles going to be recalled for a correction? Provided of course they sort it out on one vehicle first.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:45. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 13th January 2012, 07:16   #40
BHPian

Also does anyone face a notchy gearbox in their XUV? It really has a weird slotting in to the 1st and 2nd gear. My guess is that it could be sorted by a change of gear oil as reported in other threads on this forum however I am not too sure if that's the complete solution. Has anyone had their gearbox changed as I have heard of a certain batch of cars have had this issue and gearboxes have been changed either before delivery or immediately after delivery. I face this issue every time I slot it Ito the 1st or the Reverse gears.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak10 View Post
Dear Mods, pls merge this thread with an existing one if this doesn't merit a separate discussion.

-- snipped

For starters, I have been trying to get the night vision reverse camera fixed in my XUV but have been receiving varied responses like accessory not available to accessory not supported! After persistent follow up, my sales guy finally told me that they have figured out how to install one with the help of Nippon personnel so I may be going by the end of this week or early next week to get it fixed :-). Fingers crossed.

-- snipped
Is there any update on the reverse cameras yet? The dealer in Gurgaon (Sterling) had no clue. However, I happened to visit the Mahindra pavilion at Auto Expo and there was an accessories section manned by Koncept Automobiles (a delhi dealer) The accessories manager Mr Puneet showed me an OEM Mahindra reverse camera and said it would be available soon. He even said it would cost around Rs. 2800/-. Asked me to follow up after the expo. Have tried calling him a few times since but not been able to connect.

I am very interested in knowing if anyone else has successfully installed a reverse camera on his XUV.

Thanks
Suman
Old 13th January 2012, 14:28   #42

I have been trying to get the reverse camera but the Mahindra dealer has absolutely no clue on how to get it fit. He is awaiting support from Mahindra to help resolve this issue. The helplessness is evident as he has offered to refund the money!

On the other side, Mahindra took my XUV for a few days and replaced all the door hinges. So that is good.

During this service they updated the Infotainment system software and since then I have been having a bad time with it. If I check the tyre pressure, the time display goes bad. The system restarts everytime I start the car despite going into "One Hour Mode..." when I turn it off at a traffic light.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My confidence in Mahindra and the service station is seriously shaken after this whole thing. It's clear that they are being truthful and genuine when they say they've been up till 11-12 in the night trying to fix my car, but there is no successful solution. It's only a trial and error everyday, so I am contemplating selling the car off, because I can't spare the time nor the effort in chasing these guys to fix up the car.

I can completely empathise with you as a fellow Mahindra product owner (Scorpio). I had a harrowing time for almost 6 months when part after part failed (bushes, gear box, electronics & finally all 4 tyres on account of misalignment) and so much R&D was done it probably would have created a new product.
Old 18th January 2012, 22:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

I can completely empathise with you as a fellow Mahindra product owner (Scorpio). I had a harrowing time for almost 6 months when part after part failed (bushes, gear box, electronics & finally all 4 tyres on account of misalignment) and so much R&D was done it probably would have created a new product.
Thanks for the empathy mate. Wish things were simpler. But I have to admit the service centre and the company are trying hard, just that it's a new car for them as well and there is no fix coming through in a timely fashion.

I got my car a week ago, and there has been a near elimination of the scraping noise. It still persists and I will be following up with them to fix things. What is kind of annoying is that I got my car back with the Bluetooth not working. Am not able to pair my phone with the car anymore after they gave it back. I suppose they tried updating the firmware when they had my car and something went wrong. This should be fixed by loading the firmware once again.
Old 19th January 2012, 12:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the empathy mate. Wish things were simpler. But I have to admit the service centre and the company are trying hard, just that it's a new car for them as well and there is no fix coming through in a timely fashion.

I got my car a week ago, and there has been a near elimination of the scraping noise. It still persists and I will be following up with them to fix things. What is kind of annoying is that I got my car back with the Bluetooth not working. Am not able to pair my phone with the car anymore after they gave it back. I suppose they tried updating the firmware when they had my car and something went wrong. This should be fixed by loading the firmware once again.
Try what I did, escalate, only when it reaches the top the A.S.S. and the regional center guys get additional support, until then they are on their own trying all sorts of experiments to see if issues get resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks