Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 09:11   #76
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hello folks,

I am having problems with my BT. The phone pairing is fine. When I make a call or receive a call while driving, people on the other side are not able to hear me (even if I scream at the top of my voice). But if the vehicle is not moving, then the folks on the other side can hear me but even then they complain that my voice is very feeble. Any suggestions or solutions here ? Is there some setting to solve this problem ?
Old 31st January 2012, 19:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Hello folks,

I am having problems with my BT. The phone pairing is fine. When I make a call or receive a call while driving, people on the other side are not able to hear me (even if I scream at the top of my voice). But if the vehicle is not moving, then the folks on the other side can hear me but even then they complain that my voice is very feeble. Any suggestions or solutions here ? Is there some setting to solve this problem ?
Hi, The Bluetooth feature in the XUV is peculiar. Try adjusting the volume in the system - keep it around 3-4 bars - and then make a call. There is a particular volume setting where you can be heard the clearest. This is a trial and error method and has so far worked in my system Also which phone do you use? You will be surprised to note that Blackberry phones apparently do not work on this system. Reported by my RM that although the pairing happens with the system during a phone call you can hear very well however the other party cannot hear you. So this is peculiar to BB phones. And supposedly the phones that pair best are Nokia. Mine is an iPhone - its fine so far as I use it only to make and recieve calls. However I cannot sync the messages feature - that doesnt work on an iPhone. So depends on phone, volume setting and your luck on the day
pavan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan15 View Post
You will be surprised to note that Blackberry phones apparently do not work on this system. Reported by my RM that although the pairing happens with the system during a phone call you can hear very well however the other party cannot hear you. So this is peculiar to BB phones.
I could talk to my wife on her blackberry 9780 paired with XUV ICE. Though vehicle was switched off and voice was reasonabily clear. But music streaming over bluetooth didnt really work with 9780.

My Sony erricson X10i (Android 2.3 ) could not even get paired with the XUV.

Thanks
HCP
Old 1st February 2012, 10:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, The Bluetooth feature in the XUV is peculiar. Try adjusting the volume in the system - keep it around 3-4 bars - and then make a call. .....
Pavan, thanks for this info. I use a Blackberry Bold 9780 model. Really strange to see this problem. I will try pairing my wife's iphone in my XUV and checking it out. If it works well, then it gives me another reason to upgrade my BB to an iphone asap :-)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:51. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 1st February 2012, 18:26   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I too notice this on my car. went to the workshop and asked the RM and G3 motors to check it out- Reply -Need to leave the vehicle for at least a day!!!!! to check and rectify it.
If that is the case then the wheel alignment shops would have shut down by now! One car per day!!!
Hi Quick update on this. I got the wheels aligned at a reputed wheel alignment center here. The cars' been behaving since then and maintaining its course. However it seems that while aligning the wheels they have slightly misaligned the steering so maybe I will have that checked out next time - its very very minor but I guess annoying enough for me.

The reason why I did it outside - my service center did not have the competent person to feed in the alignment readings into the machine. Yes you read that right! I guess thats the reason they asked you as well to leave the car for a day so that someone can waltz into the service center , feed the readings, bless the machine and hope it aligns.

Anyways as is the practice in most service centers they usually align the wheels at some third party vendor - so I would recommend that you too get the same done outside. Some centers (like the one I went to) even give a 1 month warranty - so any problems within that you can get it rectified free of charge.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:51. Reason: edited post for better readability
Old 1st February 2012, 18:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, The Bluetooth feature in the XUV is peculiar. Try adjusting the volume in the system - keep it around 3-4 bars - and then make a call. ...
I'd second Pavan. My wife's and Bro-in-law's Nokia when paired, is audible clearly on the other end, however, when i pair it with my BB 9800, it becomes feeble (with the same settings). However the BT music pairing with my BB works fine. I asked the Nippon guy if the mic sensitivity can be adjusted, for which he said not possible.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:52. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 1st February 2012, 18:55   #82
BHPian

^Its got to do something with the bluetooth stack used by Nippon. Lets report as many issues we face and see if we can get a better stack updated by Nippon on this to resolve the issue! Providing them with the specific data (phone models and OS) shall enable them to debug the issue inhouse for better/quicker results.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:03   #83
BHPian

Another problem I have noticed is that the ICE restarts .... just like that. It happened for the first time a few days back when I was driving and it did happen again yesterday when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. It seems to be a very minor one and hence reluctant to take it to a service center where they might mess up the whole thing. Anyone face this kind of issue ?
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Quick update on this. I got the wheels aligned at a reputed wheel alignment center here. The cars' been behaving since then and maintaining its course. However it seems that while aligning the wheels they have slightly misaligned the steering....
Wow! just found this thread and read about all the issues you guys are facing with the XUV, one of my cousin was looking at buying it, guess its better for him to wait if he is hell bent on this SUV.

On the alignment part, even I had the same thing with my Manza, the left pulling was solved by Madhu's on Richmond road.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 08:52. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:08   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
^Its got to do something with the bluetooth stack used by Nippon. Lets report as many issues we face and see if we can get a better stack updated by Nippon on this to resolve the issue! Providing them with the specific data (phone models and OS) shall enable them to debug the issue inhouse for better/quicker results.
They're working on expanding the supported devices on the ICE Bluetooth system. They're also working on a fix for the next software version that will boost microphone sensitivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli
Another problem I have noticed is that the ICE restarts .... just like that. It happened for the first time a few days back when I was driving and it did happen again yesterday when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. It seems to be a very minor one and hence reluctant to take it to a service center where they might mess up the whole thing. Anyone face this kind of issue ?
They won't mess it up, but they'll reinstall the ICE software. Takes about 20 min. Other owners have reported this bug, and have had it resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

Wow! just found this thread and read about all the issues you guys are facing with the XUV, one of my cousin was looking at buying it, guess its better for him to wait if he is hell bent on this SUV.

On the alignment part, even I had the same thing with my Manza, the left pulling was solved by Madhu's on Richmond road.
Madhus is where Pavan took his car

I don't think the concerns are serious enough to put off buying this car. Every car comes with its own set of niggles, more so if it'd a new car. Am not saying this because I have a XUV, but just calling it as it is.

Anyway, the update on my car:

The car had been given back to me without the scraping noise resolved, because they were waiting on another transaxle from the plant. They got it sometime last week (time taken: 10 days), and called me last week itself to bring the car in. Since it was close to first service, I asked them to carry out the 1st service as well. I gave the car on Monday morning, ODO reading was 4985 kms and the ASC along with the Mahindra chaps are still working on the car as of today. I've been promised that the car will be delivered back to me tomorrow with the problem fixed.

Let's see how it goes.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:10   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, The Bluetooth feature in the XUV is peculiar. Try adjusting the volume in the system - keep it around 3-4 bars - and then make a call. There is a particular volume setting where you can be heard the clearest. ......
Also which phone do you use? You will be surprised to note that Blackberry phones apparently do not work on this system. Reported by my RM that although the pairing happens with the system during a phone call you can hear very well however the other party cannot hear you.............. So depends on phone, volume setting and your luck on the day
Well my BB works just fine with the system. Ocassionally the other party has difficulty hearing - but so far so good! Done 2300kms so far.

Well about the wheel alignment issue I too heard that if done outside the problem gets solved. At M&M dealers all that is being done is a swap of wheels left to right.
Rgds

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 2nd February 2012 at 22:14.
Old 5th February 2012, 14:10   #87
BHPian

Well just back from an overnight trip to Nashik. The vehicle ran fine, cruse control too!
Few niggles
1. The tyretronics started acting up. On the way up- the rear right then on the way back the rear left! Screen shows error and the gauge too displays the tyre symbol.
2 often on restarting -the whole system would go blank and an "Application error" message would flash. Tried taking a photo with the phone but text could be seen! Some HDMI.exe ........ Something or the other?
3 after parking the car and locking up few minutes later alarm goes off- went to check if I had not locked properly or a cat trying to get comfortable between the front axel - notice water dripping - could it be the A/C has frozen the cooling coil?
Could anyone comment.

Will be talking to M&M or Nippon
Rgds
Old 5th February 2012, 23:00   #88
Senior - BHPian

This has to be new in tbhp. A car which is sold out before it is made twice and we have problems that is running 6 pages long.

Hope Mahindra is really enjoying R&D at its loyal customer's hard earned money.

My friends BIL also bought one in Mumbai deferring my advice. and he is already frustrated with it.

God! I like when I am right. which is most of the time.

Last edited by SirAlec : 5th February 2012 at 23:01.
Old 6th February 2012, 19:34   #89
BHPian

Could owners of XUV comment on any rust formation on the wheels / around brake disks? I saw quite a bit of rust in a couple of showroom vehicles a while ago and also read some comments on an other forum. Wondering if they are isolated observations or common occurrences.

Last edited by smopuri : 6th February 2012 at 19:35. Reason: typo fixed.
Old 6th February 2012, 20:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Could owners of XUV comment on any rust formation on the wheels / around brake disks? I saw quite a bit of rust in a couple of showroom vehicles a while ago and also read some comments on an other forum. Wondering if they are isolated observations or common occurrences.
if you are talking about rust on brake rotors, its a common occurrence on all cars after a car wash.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed