Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 12:18   #121
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
The software was upgraded to 3.06 during the first service. The issue persists and it is really embarrassing to the extent that I dread taking the vehicle to public places! The problem appears after the vehicle has run for half an hour or more. The alarm does not go off after shorter runs. As you had pointed out earlier, am trying to figure out if it has something to do with condensation from the AC.

Nithin
I have faced similar problem. the Alarm goes off on its own!! I have been trying to recreate this but every time its different, have to get to bottom of the issue! Its really embarrassing when the car starts shouting and I have to run to shut the alarm off! At first i felt there was some one tampering but with the frequency of this happening going up am suspecting some thing with the car itself! And yes it happens roughly after 30 mins of parking the car. So If any of you find a work around do update me.

Also I feel initially many wont even realize this is happening as we park our car in malls / parking lots etc and get on with our work. The only way to know your car hooted is when you unlock the car it unlocks with 4 short beeps!! If that's happened to your XUV means the car was hooting in your absence!

I suspect this false alarm has to be due to a faulty Door switch. This happened when I fitted the scuff plates. The installer was testing the illuminated scuff plates by sticking a screwdriver in the door switch turning it on and off!! This might have ruined the switch.

So Nithin and Rohitbagai Have any of you installed the illuminated scuff-plates?

My XUV is a W8 FWD, SW version is 3.06, Its a Nov 2011 car.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:19   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
Have driven my XUV 500 W8 almost 8000 Kms till now. I am facing the following issues

7) The Silver color on Gear knob and door handles (inside) have started to give way

Solution: None Yet

None of these problems are so big that I cant live without solving them, but they are really small and need more attention at the time of manufacturing. I know M&M replaces everything but its a pain going to the service centers and waiting to get the work done.

Also I do my car work from G3 motors New Mumbai.
Plastic & mechanical parts apart where the quality seems to be really shoddy.

The overall experience at G3 Motors (Nerul) leaves a lot to be desired, In the absence of alternate options close by I have been getting my Scorpio serviced there for the last 4 years, and they have never been able to satisfy me.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:05   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
However -recent observation-New niggle!
After a phone call- the music goes back to radio! even if I was listening to the iPod before the call!
I need to keep a eye open to see if this happens again.
Rgds
I have encountered the same issue several times now, and for some reason, the infotainment system plays a radio channel that is not even configured in my list of FM channels.
Lemme know if you find a resolution to this.
thx
Old 29th February 2012, 17:04   #124
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I really wish they would stop short changing the public with rubbish quality of this kind, whatever be the "value" price they are charging! Am I glad I didnt opt for a first gen XUV? Yes Sir, I sure am!
This product really needs a lot of attention to quality and needs also to "bed down" in the market place for at least a year or more, before it settles down to be a good solid product like most Mahindras before it!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th February 2012 at 17:05.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 18:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100
So Nithin and Rohitbagai Have any of you installed the illuminated scuff-plates?

Yep mine have illuminated scuff plates installed too. So it could be the case of improper adjustment of the door sensors.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
I have encountered the same issue several times now, and for some reason, the infotainment system plays a radio channel that is not even configured in my list of FM channels.
Lemme know if you find a resolution to this.
thx
Yes It is still happening. So will discuss with M&M or Nippon.

Quote:
Yep mine have illuminated scuff plates installed too.
I do not have illuminated scuff plates. Recently have not been getting the alarm.
Must see if it happens with the follow me home lights on.
Has any one checked below the car if there is a puddle of water when the alarm goes off?
Quote:
The overall experience at G3 Motors (Nerul) leaves a lot to be desired,
Same with the one in Malad! The place is too cramped! Dont have facility to even do alignment! Understand they intend to start at Goregaon soon.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:00   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
3) AC gives out a foul oudor when u turn on the car after it had not been used for over 2-3 hrs. The odour is felt for a min and then goes off

Solution: Issues not resolved yet

!
Please update this thread once you get the AC foul smell resolved. I have the same exact issue. I thought I had very sensitive nose. Guess its a product issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I really wish they would stop short changing the public with rubbish quality of this kind, whatever be the "value" price they are charging! Am I glad I didnt opt for a first gen XUV? Yes Sir, I sure am!
This product really needs a lot of attention to quality and needs also to "bed down" in the market place for at least a year or more, before it settles down to be a good solid product like most Mahindras before it!
Agreed. I don't think XUV is value for money (This is after driving the car for more than 5000KMs).. I am not comparing it with any expensive cars. Even a simple comparison to my old car Swift VXi shows that Mahindra is definitely doing some R&D using our money.. If gear shift is not good, clutch is heavy, brake is not effective and makes noise, what good is of an automobile? Just having a good engine is not sufficient. Fiat's engine is used in many cars. However, only the folks who mated the engine to the right gear box, folks who fixed the right set of brakes etc succeeded. Otherwise, this can very well end up being a one time wonder.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:09   #128
BHPian

I purchased new suv, and i am not able to find some of the features which is written in owner manual but i am not able to use it. Please help me to find out below mention stuff

1 - Left tpms button - There is one small triangle shape of button on left side of odo.
2 - reverse horn if any - As per owner manul there is some back horn when i will do reverse, i m getting beep of sensor but nothing is buzzing outside.
3 - illumination light at top roof is not working when key is out, moved to stop location or opening the door - when i am opening the door only key light and
door bottom light (red color - bottom of the door) illuminates but not roof light, is i have to some setting.
4 - start @ stop not working - i tried it too many time at neutral gear, no clutch, gear but still is not stopping. checked the button is center console its on
5 - TA button on console - there is TA/toggle button on console what is the use of the same
Old 1st March 2012, 15:27   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
I purchased new suv, and i am not able to find some of the features which is written in owner manual but i am not able to use it. Please help me to find out below mention stuff

1 - Left tpms button - There is one small triangle shape of button on left side of odo.
2 - reverse horn if any - As per owner manul there is some back horn when i will do reverse, i m getting beep of sensor but nothing is buzzing outside.
3 - illumination light at top roof is not working when key is out, moved to stop location or opening the door - when i am opening the door only key light and
door bottom light (red color - bottom of the door) illuminates but not roof light, is i have to some setting.
4 - start @ stop not working - i tried it too many time at neutral gear, no clutch, gear but still is not stopping. checked the button is center console its on
5 - TA button on console - there is TA/toggle button on console what is the use of the same
After you took delivery, did someone come to your place and give you a thorough demo? Some issues look like very simple - But I can't give a solution without physically looking at your car. Better option is to make a short trip to the RM (or) call your RM to send you the Demo guy,
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:07   #130
BHPian

Well yesterday when I was cleaning the interiors of my XUV, I observed something strange in my XUV. All the meters in the meter console are protected by a glass covering. But I found a couple of them missing. Please see the photo attached. Has anyone had this same problem. I will taking it to the MM service center to get this checked now...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv_panel.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2012, 10:17   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Well yesterday when I was cleaning the interiors of my XUV, I observed something strange in my XUV. All the meters in the meter console are protected by a glass covering. But I found a couple of them missing. Please see the photo attached. Has anyone had this same problem. I will taking it to the MM service center to get this checked now...
I just spoke to the M&M service manager. He says that is how it is and there is no glass panel to cover them. Can any of the XUV owners confirm if this is true?

Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:47   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke to the M&M service manager. He says that is how it is and there is no glass panel to cover them. Can any of the XUV owners confirm if this is true?

Thanks.
He's right. At least on my car, there is no glass panel there.
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:24   #133
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Thats correct, there is no glass on any XUVs on those consoles. There have been some discussions on the Official Review thread regarding this.
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:30   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
I have faced similar problem. the Alarm goes off on its own!! I have been trying to recreate this but every time its different, have to get to bottom of the issue!
=========
Folks -

I am having a ditto issue on my XUV as well. The Alarm goes off all of a sudden. Had complained this to the RM 2 days ago when i had given the XUV for some A/C issue. He said a small connector had a loose connection, but this happened again, right after i had taken delivery yesterday. A friend and I were drinking coffee a few yards away and the alarm goes off all of a sudden. I am sure there were no one one around. The RM has told me he would check on this issue and get back to me. Any help from other XUV owners is appreciared.

Regards

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:24. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:30   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Thats correct, there is no glass on any XUVs on those consoles. There have been some discussions on the Official Review thread regarding this.
This is really strange, ideally the consol should be completely covered.

Most Viewed