Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2012, 07:29   #151
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Ok I've been absent from this thread a while because I was caught up with work and travel. Since my last post here, I've done almost another 4000 km on my W8, total odo reading js 7900 kms, and will be clocking another 1500 by end of this month. Here are my observations so far:

1) FE is still bad, am getting around 11.5 in the highway at cruising speeds of 110-120 km/h. Getting 9 kmpl in the city. Reported this to M&M.
This is bad- I think most here are getting in the range of 13+ though the infotainment shows around 15kmpl

Quote:
5) Got the wheels aligned, balanced and rotated at the 5000 km mark. The alignment guys struggled to set the camber within tolerance, and this wasn't some two bit alignment center. Apparently alignment on the XUV is a tricky procedure, saw quite a few XUVs struggling with the same camber settings at various alignment centers. Also explains why lots of people are having off center steering and the car pulling to the left.
I too finally went to G3 motors new service center (Mumbai guys) they have the alignment set up and the guy knew what he was doing, Yes, in order to set the camber, for left pulling, understand that on the right front side - they change the upper bolt, from a 16mm to 14mm diameter - this gives sufficient play to adjust the camber. - But I had reservations regarding the same, so he just adjusted the same as best he could to just within limit of the tolerance.
Yes he also had to adjust the rear wheels too. It takes time since as you adjust one parameter the other goes out so patience is the name of the game.
Vehicle is much - much better.
But then it was'nt so bad in the first place.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 07:56   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
...I am having a ditto issue on my XUV as well. The Alarm goes off all of a sudden. Had complained this to the RM 2 days ago when i had given the XUV for some A/C issue....
Me too having this problem now. Have faced this a couple of times in the past few weeks. Happened both times when I had parked it in the apartment parking area and it scared the hell out of the security guard Not sure what the problem is as no one was near the car and there was nothing amiss for the alarms to go off. Will get this checked when I give it for my first service due in another couple of weeks.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:25. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 13th March 2012, 08:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Another problem I have noticed is that the ICE restarts .... just like that. It happened for the first time a few days back when I was driving and it did happen again yesterday when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. It seems to be a very minor one and hence reluctant to take it to a service center where they might mess up the whole thing. Anyone face this kind of issue ?
As suggested by some of you, I took my XUV to the service center and got the software patch upgraded. The problem seems to be solved now. Thanks to all for suggestions

However, one problem still remains and I guess they will not do anything about it. The problem is to do with the system going back to Radio mode after a phone call.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:40   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Ok I've been absent from this thread a while because I was caught up with work and travel. Since my last post here, I've done almost another 4000 km on my W8, total odo reading js 7900 kms, and will be clocking another 1500 by end of this month. Here are my observations so far:
==========
All said and done, it is a fantastic car overall, the engine is performing brilliantly and the handling is superb. I cannot think of any reason why I would want to sell it unless M&M slips up on their after sales support,
Finally some good and positive feedback, and you may not worry about the after sales support of M&M, it is fantastic (however bad the vehicle may be) and in case of issues the senior management is more than supportive to set things right.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:25. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 13th March 2012, 11:32   #155
BHPian

Quote:
So Nithin and Rohitbagai Have any of you installed the illuminated scuff-plates?
I have then installed sinces 2 months and they look awesome!

The Ac foul odor has gone down but not rectified!
Old 13th March 2012, 14:18   #156
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Guys, just came across the post below. I personally know of issues from customers related to rear camera not activating, turn-light issue, rain sensing wiper failure and stuff related to ABS. But if the engine related problem is true, then it puts lot of the trust and confidence that our Bhpians have on Mahindra at stake. Atleast customers who are betting their 12+ lakhs expect a trouble free ownership of the car for 2 lakh KM.

Quote:
Mahindra xuv500. Engine. Overheated. During. Running. Engine fail. I. Purchase. Xuv 500 before two months ,car engine fail due. To overheating. Technical problem in engine. Company replace my car engine at 7500 km because of. Technical problem in engine. I have. Sufficient. Proof. For technical fault in engine. If require. Contact me. 9824539571. Or. dilippatel1534@yahoo.com
Nobody purchase. Car. Without. It's road performance report.company advertise and report is totally professional .
Dilip P Patel (March 11, 2012, 08:32)

Source:

Mahindra XUV 500 Review - Expert Review: 2011 Mahindra XUV500 Review: Taming The Wild | CarTrade.com
(Comments on Review)
I purchase. Mahindra xuv500 before two months . My car

Mod Note: Threads merged. Please search the forums before starting a new thread. Also please take the time to compose your post in a readable and user-friendly format.

Last edited by noopster : 13th March 2012 at 16:28. Reason: Refer note in post
Old 13th March 2012, 14:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV 5OO Engine failure ?

There's an XUV in my apartment - virtually new. A week ago I saw a flat bed coming in to take the car. The car wouldn't start and was stuck in the underground parking lot. After a lot of effort they managed to get it out.

Two days later I see the car running but the daytime running LEDs on one side were fused.

The quality of this vehicle is highly suspect IMHO.
Old 14th March 2012, 22:30   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
As suggested by some of you, I took my XUV to the service center and got the software patch upgraded. The problem seems to be solved now. Thanks to all for suggestions

However, one problem still remains and I guess they will not do anything about it. The problem is to do with the system going back to Radio mode after a phone call.
I too had this problem after they upgraded the SW to 3.06.
Then they re-flashed it last Saturday, and so far it is still working fine.
Just wish the iPod interface was more user friendly. OR the processes was better as it keeps freezing when you try to search for a particular song/ artist/album.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:56   #159
BHPian

OK so 2 new issues seem to have cropped up in my XUV. First the power steering is not as "light" as it is in other XUVs - believe there is a problem with some hose that needs to be replaced. Maybe the hose supplying the power steering fluid. Second there is a sound ("tuk") from the front passenger door that comes from no apparent source. Now the reason why I say this is the Mahindra chaps looked for it a whole day and have now reserved their energies to investigate it another day. Quite hilarious how they went about investigating it with guys sitting in funny positions in the front seat holding speaker, door pad etc and going for a TD. The sound is not life threatening but before it gets there I wanted it sorted.

Upgraded SW to 3.6 - so far no issues. Seems to work ok. One of the best ways I have realised to listen to songs from the mobile is via the Bluetooth and not the USB cable route. It works perfectly fine (So far tried with Nokia/BB/iPhone).
Old 15th March 2012, 19:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
3) Low beam headlights have become 50% of what they were initially and output is very low. High beam is still perfect.
Sir did you get the low beam bulb changed to better ones now? If so, can you advice which ones did you use. I agree with you on this that low beam has become really weak all this while and since my driving is 90% night, hence wants to get a solution.
Old 15th March 2012, 19:53   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sir did you get the low beam bulb changed to better ones now? If so, can you advice which ones did you use. I agree with you on this that low beam has become really weak all this while and since my driving is 90% night, hence wants to get a solution.
Hi Nitin,

No haven't yet got the time to take it to the workshop yet due to other personal commitments - Am managing so far with the high beams and the foglamps!
I have a feeling that the problem may not be with the bulbs themselves, as rarely do good OEM bulbs fade down, and if there is a problem, they get fused. The problem could be more with dust accumulation inside the headlamp projector assembly and that is probably causing the degradation of light output. This dust could be on the backside of the lens, and would not be visible from the front.If this is the case, it would require replacement of the entire headlamp assembly as the they are sealed units and dust entry completely spoils them!
Will share the update as soon I have the problem analysed by the workshop guys.

The bulbs which are used in the headlamps in this type of Setup are H1 and H7, and if I were to change them, I would probably get H1 and H7 Premium ones from Philips. (but be careful of grey market fakes and buy only original ones from an authorized reseller, with Holograms on the packs).
If you really want a different level of lighting, you can change the main beam lamps to HID Xenons with the retrofit kits available from Philips / Osram (they cost around 10K, including installation). This will give you almost 3x the light of the halogen bulbs. However, go for 4000K colour temperature HIDs and not 5500/6000 K ones, as that colour temperature is best for visibility and also is not as blinding white as the higher ones.
The HID lamps will work well with the projectors lens based mainbeam headlamps and you will get good beam throw and focus.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 20:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
...No haven't yet got the time to take it to the workshop yet due to other personal commitments - Am managing so far with the high beams and the foglamps!
I have a feeling that the problem may not be with the bulbs themselves, as rarely do good OEM bulbs fade down, and if there is a problem, they get fused. The problem could be more with ....
Oh, if thats the case, then this could be a big problem. Please do update us when you get an answer from them. I will also show this to my RM when i go for 2nd service.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of putting in HID's in low and fog lamps as i think high beams are pretty decent, but i am little scared related to warranty issue for electrics if i add HID's. I already have so many electric things installed ( 2 amps, sound processor, Audio wiring etc) that i dont want to push it further to an extent when my RM says that your warranty is gone

I guess will have to wait and see first what the real issue is and then decide on this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:33. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 19th March 2012, 12:51   #163
BHPian

Copied from ******************.com forum. Whoosh!! This is scary.

"dear friend's my friend has purchased new xuv500 recently after having driven it for 1500 kms very carefully as it is in running in condition to his utter shock and dismay the front driver side wheel just broke off and car landed on the bumper on informing the dealer india garage bangalore in a matter of 10 hrs they came and took the car on a truck to their showroom as we live about 300 kms from bl'r for repair now it comes down to the fact that a brand new car having such a major fault and very bad quality control delivering such cars to customers who after paying so much money put their family and their lives at great risk kindly advise as to what can be done now my friend say's that he does not want the car he wants a replacement or his money back i can post a video of the car if required 350z pls help it is the same car that had the siren going off in the night without any reason of which i had posted a question in this section"
Old 19th March 2012, 15:16   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Copied from ******************.com forum. Whoosh!! This is scary.

"dear friend's my friend has purchased new xuv500 recently after having driven it for 1500 kms very carefully as it is in running in condition to his utter shock and dismay the front driver side wheel just broke off and car landed on the bumper on informing the dealer india garage bangalore in a matter of 10 hrs they came and took the car on a truck to their showroom as we live about 300 kms from bl'r for repair now it comes down to the fact that a brand new car having such a major fault and very bad quality control delivering such cars to customers who after paying so much money put their family and their lives at great risk kindly advise as to what can be done now my friend say's that he does not want the car he wants a replacement or his money back i can post a video of the car if required 350z pls help it is the same car that had the siren going off in the night without any reason of which i had posted a question in this section"
This is like shocking, I was feeling happy that the issues reported are getting fewer by day, now this, where is QC M&M.

Post some pics / video
Old 19th March 2012, 16:36   #165
BHPian

Its shocking to read about so many problems from the XUV.
Wonder what the techies at M&M are doing about solving the many complaints.
Feel it is best to lay off purchasing one for another 6 months at least till the time some solutions are found to -
1. Gearbox
2. Brakes
3. Infotainment system-Error Flashes/Tyretronics/Cruise control
4. Front Shocker thumps

Most Viewed