Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 15:57   #241
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Got the 4.0 update yesterday , apparently it has upgrades that solves the alarm going off on its own, mileage indicator and some more. Regarding the quality of bluetooth cant comment right now since I am yet to test it completely, but a few changes like your name displayed when you turn on the headunit, during a call the battery and network indicators are displayed etc. So far been good, hopefully its a good upgrade. Lets see.

Also different variants have different versions of upgrade for the XUV, so while the latest for W8 is version 4.0 the same for W6 is 3.8. Please do confirm if it is so.
Old 20th April 2012, 16:42   #242
BHPian

I am not sure how to put it, would it be considered as niggle or manufacturing defect. I certainly would attribute more to be as manufacturing defect or to bad workman ship of the person who did this. This happened on 3rd day after the delivery.

The metal part of valve completely came off, this happened after 400KM of travel. Luckily it happened towards just at the end of the Journey. This happened when I was travelling on a cement paved road which has rhythmic beat, so it took a while (around 1.5 to 2 KM) before I realized that something was wrong. Also this happened to left rear wheel that’s why I couldn’t feel that pull on the wheel.

Since I have used the official accessory and was done at the showroom, I am planning to take this issue with the RM and claim as warranty. As you could see that the side walls have been damaged considerable, I am expecting that this is not usable as spare wheel as well. Please advise me if I can claim this as part of warranty.

Also I guess the people should be very careful as the accessories people might have pulled the valve very hard hence it would have given up when the temperature was high due to summer. I have already informed the RM and she wants to inspect the tyre before she can decide whether the tyre can be replaced.

I will update once I take the vehicle to workshop on Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-final1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-final2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-final3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-final4.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:44. Reason: edited post for better readability
Old 20th April 2012, 18:57   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
I am not sure how to put it, would it be considered as niggle or manufacturing defect. I certainly would attribute more to be as manufacturing defect or to bad workman ship of the person who did this.
=================
I have already informed the RM and she wants to inspect the tyre before she can decide whether the tyre can be replaced. I will update once I take the vehicle to workshop on Tuesday.
You don't have TPMS ?
I doubt that the tyre manufacturer would replace it unless it is conclusively proved that the valve coming out was on account of a manufacturing defect, you may have to push M&M to cough out a new tyre.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:44. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 20th April 2012, 20:17   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
would it be considered as niggle or manufacturing defect
Hi vrraju, This looks more like workmanship defect of the person who replaced the alloys with these. How many kms has the car done after the alloy swap?
Old 22nd April 2012, 17:57   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
It's been 4 months and 5600 kms with my XUV. Since the thread is on the 'niggles', here goes mine.
  1. The steering rack was replaced under warranty in the 1st service since it was leaking.
  2. The water pump is making weird noises and is to be replaced under warranty, part not available for a month now.
  3. Coolant was leaking from the thermostat and for now it has been stopped using 'Araldite' and has to be replaced under warranty, part not available for 1 month here too.
  4. The seat-belt of the passenger keeps hitting the door panel which is very very irritating (when there is no passenger to wear it).
  5. There is a ratting sound from the instrument panel on bad roads.
  6. The wheel-cap design on the W6 model is really crappy, the holding clips on the cap has a tendency to break just on removal, 3 of my caps were broken thus and were replaced by the A**. Have put plastic tags for them now (looks real ugly )
  7. My ipod is shown as "unsupported device" some 40% of the time and plays flawlessly otherwise.
  8. The CD player jumps songs randomly on all kind of road surfaces and sometimes even when the vehicle is stationary.
Hi Anand,

Am compiling list of open issues, Can you confirm which ones are resolved.
(I believe 1,2 & 3 are resolved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheesh.sharma View Post
All - I got a new XUV on 16th Nov 11 and have driven around 2500 Km till date.

The usual problems:

1. Braking sound - probably from front wheels (occasionally)
2. Clock - does not show correct time. Lags behind on normal mode. When synced to satellite - shows about 1:30 min lag.
3. TPMS - Occasionally shows error for left front and left rear wheels - then resets itself to OK.

Regards.

Asheesh
Hi Asheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
So far in the 5800 Kms of our ownership of a W6 XUV.
Some issues faced:
1) we have seen sometimes that the Infotainment unit hangs, which can be solved by turning off the ignition and turning back on. This has happened 3 times so far in 3 months of ownership.
2) Also, the 2nd Gear and the 6th gear are a little hard to slot, compared to the other gears (even after the oil change to synthetic oil).
3) Low beam headlights have become 50% of what they were initially and output is very low. High beam is still perfect.
4) Brake discs are rusting very badly - I know this is normal, but the amount of rusting is abnormally high as compared to any of our other cars, so it can be a pointer to a lower quality of metal (cast Iron with higher impurities in this case) used for the brake disk.
5) The XUV continues to pull towards the left, inspite of being serviced 3 weeks back and alignment having being done at the workshop

Clutch is not too hard - Though it does have a sharp recoil, it is not too hard to press and is comparable to other diesel cars (even our Yeti).

Regards,
Behemoth
Hi Behemoth,

I understand that Infotainment unit issues have got sorted out for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Folks -

I am having a ditto issue on my XUV as well. The Alarm goes off all of a sudden.
Quote:
I had A/C issues as well, Initially AC did not work at all times, gradually it stopped working. At first the techs at Mahindra suspected vacuum creation issues in the cylinder, emptied and refilled the AC gas. Problem re-occured same day.
Hi Charan,

I understand that Infotainment unit issues you had earlier & the ones above are already closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
2 more niggles in my XUV- The driver side orvm hits the window beading when in closed position and the steering column massages my toes when i turn the steering with the clutch depressed.
Hi Dockap,

Am compiling list of open issues, Can you confirm which ones are resolved & which ones are still open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Few niggles
1. The tyretronics started acting up. On the way up- the rear right then on the way back the rear left! Screen shows error and the gauge too displays the tyre symbol.
2 often on restarting -the whole system would go blank and an "Application error" message would flash. Tried taking a photo with the phone but text could be seen! Some HDMI.exe ........ Something or the other?
3 after parking the car and locking up few minutes later alarm goes off- went to check if I had not locked properly or a cat trying to get comfortable between the front axel - notice water dripping - could it be the A/C has frozen the cooling coil?
Rgds
Hi Gerard

Am compiling list of open issues. I believe all the above ones are resolved as well as the pulling left issue & speaker's crackling sound

Can you please confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
Exactly the niggle I encountered at 1700 kms. Technicians at Koncept Okhla looked baffled at first. They're saying the noise seem to be coming from the turbo and not the brake pads. Can you please share the details of the recourse they took in your case?
Hi,

Am compiling list of open issues, Can you confirm if your noise issue is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I had access to an XUV for 3 days
*GPS not getting a satellite lock. My standalone mapmyindia got a lock in about a minute, whereas the built in one couldnt get a lock in 3 days!
* The rear ac switch LED Conked off
*The front door just wouldn't shut properly,and needed at least 5 tries to close it. I think it has to do with the handle being too far forward in the door.
* Gear shift to first and second was very hard, and squeaking sounds were coming everytime i changed a gear.
Hi Jay

Am compiling list of open issues, Can you confirm with the XUV owner if the issues have been resolved or not (If so, what was the solution [repair / replace]).

Note from Mod please avoid back to back posts - please use the multiquote facility

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd April 2012 at 08:26.
Old 22nd April 2012, 21:57   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal

Hi Anand,

(I believe 1,2 & 3 are resolved)
Yes all three are resolved.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:14   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Hi Anand,

Hi Behemoth,

I understand that Infotainment unit issues have got sorted out for you
Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for taking the efforts for compiling this huge list!
Out of our issues so far, the following still remain unresolved:
1) Steering joint rubbing against foot - no solution available - design issue
2) Left pulling of the car - we got it aligned from outside and this issue is resolved 90%. However if Mahindra guys cannot do alignment properly then it is a cause of concern.
3) Brake noises - there is still great amount of rust on the discs and it makes screeching noises sometimes.
4) Infotainment issue is sorted out and it has been reflashed. It is only a little slow to respond sometimes, but does not hang now.
5) Headlights - still not resolved - we got it checked and Mahindra service is claiming that this degradation of the light output is normal
Will get the bulbs upgraded from outside (same wattage, but better specs)
6) Engine response is slightly sluggish (even after the firmware update) and simply just not accelerate as fast was we want it to! Hopefully Mahindra will do a further firmware update with better performance.
7) Gears have become slightly easier to slot now that they are loosening up a bit.

Rest all is ok so far, but we are not really driving it too much these days!

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:16   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post

Hi Charan,

I understand that Infotainment unit issues you had earlier & the ones above are already closed

[/b]
Hi Vibhav,

The alarm issue seems to have been resolved after they replaced a faulty switch under the bonnet and updating the software. The A/C is working fine after a faulty fuse was replaced. Infotainment display works fine. Two concerns still remain ; noisy & less responsive brakes and niggling alignment issues (vehicle pulls slightly towards left, this is even after a stud replacement and wheel alignment), otherwise XUV is a pleasure to drive.

Regards
Charan
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:26   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vibhav,

The alarm issue seems to have been resolved after they replaced a faulty switch under the bonnet and updating the software. The A/C is working fine after a faulty fuse was replaced. Infotainment display works fine. Two concerns still remain ; noisy & less responsive brakes and niggling alignment issues (vehicle pulls slightly towards left, this is even after a stud replacement and wheel alignment), otherwise XUV is a pleasure to drive.

Regards
Charan
Wouldnt this poblem of alignment if porlonged will impact the life of the tires and also the performance overall! I guess this should be given more importance and get it rectified as quickly as possible. Dont drive with a hope that you will get it fixed during next service or visit to service center, get it fixed now.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:47   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Wouldnt this poblem of alignment if porlonged will impact the life of the tires and also the performance overall! I guess this should be given more importance and get it rectified as quickly as possible. Dont drive with a hope that you will get it fixed during next service or visit to service center, get it fixed now.
Thanks Ketan, i see what you are saying. I should get this fixed in the next few days. The RM, i believe has registered a recurring issue complaint with Mahindra and awaiting a response. While we don't use the XUV for daily commuting, i'll chase and get this sorted.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:54   #251
BHPian

I'm taking my W8AWD for its service (5000k). These are the 21 issues/things-to-do that I'll be informing them of. Ive had a great experience with the Koncept Auto service team at Okhla. Santosh and Anil are both great RMs and go all the way to solve things. But some of these problems are just not going away. Hope they will this time...

1. Car is pulling slightly to the left on straight roads
2. Constant buzzing sound from rear left and front right door panel. If I press the panel very slightly even, the sound goes away. Very irritating
3. Buzzing sound from rear right speaker. Was to be replaced for last 3 months. Please arrange the replacement now
4. Grinding sound from brakes (I believe you have the new designed brake pads now, so please replace)
5. Clutch is still very hard and gear shifts are notchy (I believe there is a new designed clutch now, so please replace)
6. Infotainment screen crashes sometimes - after the initial splash screen become grey. Shows some error screen (application error…hdmi.exe). One time had to repeatedly switch car on and off until infotainment screen started working properly. All the time the screen was grey, even AC had stopped cooling
7. Front seats (passenger and sometimes driver too) squeaking badly (worn out springs kind of sound)
8.Rear reverse sensors malfunction often – specially right side – starts flashing STOP when nothing is behind the vehicle
9.Rear bull bar to be aligned – right side too low, getting soot deposit from exhaust
10. Rear RHS khat khat sound has come back – almost sure it has something to do with the suspension. Last time we spent 1 full day resolving this, but it has come back
11. When on Bluetooth, people I call can hardly hear my voice…very low volume
12. While using my pen drive to play music, when I restart my car, the music plays from the first song in the album, and not where I had left it when switching off.
13.Some sound (like a loose coin moving/sliding) when I steer my car from LtoR or RtoL
14. Paint scratch on left side – if something can be done to fill/cover it
15. Headlight intensity seems to have become less. Please check.
16. Sometimes, when I’m about to move the indicator stalk, the autoheadlight flickers (show up on the screen too). Loose connection?
17.Alarm keeps going off…once a week for sure. I’m not convinced that this is because of some cat. Could it be some sensors malfunctioning or the infotainment system? (do check bonnet sensor for sure, since many on BHP reporting that as cause)
18 Windows rattle when half open
19.Sometimes, I get outside air smell in the car, even when the setting is on inside air circulation.
20. Please update software (I guess v4.0 is latest)
21. Please update maps (if there is a newer version to what I have)

Will update on each of these post service

Last edited by JeepSomeday : 23rd April 2012 at 13:04.
JeepSomeday is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:01   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
I'm taking my W8AWD for its service (5000k). These are the 21 issues/things-to-do that I'll be informing them of. Ive had a great experience with the Koncept Auto service team at Okhla. Santosh and Anil are both great RMs and go all the way to solve things. But some of these problems are just not going away. Hope they will this time...

Looks like you just did the copy/paste from a word file or some other app, take it to notepad (to get the formatting removed) and then paste it here, it may help. I mean, edit while you can over next 20 minutes.

Last edited by Ketan : 23rd April 2012 at 13:02.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:11   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post

11. When on Bluetooth, people I call can hardly hear my voice…very low volume
12. While using my pen drive to play music, when I restart my car, the music plays from the first song in the album, and not where I had left it when switching off.

11. Can someone with firmware version 4.0 confirm if its fixed now?
12. I don't have an explanation for this. But I've had this problem when I started using USB drive. But now it's playing where it stopped. That USB drive is always plugged into the system. And I don't have a CD inside now. Other than that, nothing has changed.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:07   #254
BHPian

Hey guys i have 1 big problem. The front passenger door of my XUV refuses to open from outside as well as inside. The small lock lever moves when i lock and unlock vehicle with remote or the drivers door lock lever is used. The door opening lever of front passenger door feels disconnected like nothing is connected to it. I remember someone else had this problem so would really help if they can mention what was wrong since i am in Mangalore and there is no official XUV service here.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
11. Can someone with firmware version 4.0 confirm if its fixed now?
12. I don't have an explanation for this. But I've had this problem when I started using USB drive. But now it's playing where it stopped. That USB drive is always plugged into the system. And I don't have a CD inside now. Other than that, nothing has changed.
11. I have had the new 4.0 version installed - it seems to have solved the Bluetooth hearing problem. Its definitely clearer now. However there is always room for improvement
12. Havent faced this issue - since I always play my music off the Bluetooth.

Also some of the issues solved including the Alarm going off on its own in this version.
pavan15 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks