Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:32   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

This is really strange, ideally the consol should be completely covered.
There is no glass on the digitized areas. The only place which is covered is the speedometer and the tachometer
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:41   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Yes, this is the case with all the XUVs that they dont have any glass in the centre portions of the speedo and tacho. This was also highlighted earlier by many XUV owners in the XUV official review thread in November. It seems to be by design and no need to worry about it!
Regards,
Behemoth
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:59   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
So Nithin and Rohitbagai Have any of you installed the illuminated scuff-plates?
I do not have scuff plates installed. But the way things are going, wouldn't be surprised if the door sensors are still messed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
Must see if it happens with the follow me home lights on.
Has any one checked below the car if there is a puddle of water when the alarm goes off?
I did check with the follow me home lights (manually turning off and without). But its totally at random. I could not find any correlation. Once, the alarm went off after almost a day since the vehicle was parked! So totally at a loss now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charan View Post
Any help from other XUV owners is appreciared.
Charan, welcome to the club! I guess we, as a group, would have to try and isolate the issue and then tell the RMs and service engineers. Otherwise we will keep getting stories about "loose connectors" and "bad sensors"!
Perplexed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 19:38   #139
BHPian

In my W6, when I connect my Nokia mobile using Bluetooth and press a Mute button, it mutes not only microphone but to speakers as well.

I contacted Nippon executive and he replied that it is the way it is. If I have to mute, I need to do it using mobile not from Mute button on steering.

Is it the way this Mute function works in other XUVs / other cars as well ?
Old 7th March 2012, 10:45   #140
BHPian

^^ Same issue with Samsung and iPhone. Nippon executive is out of his mind if this is what he expects from the Mute function. I have seen this feature working fine in the Ford Figo.
Old 7th March 2012, 23:40   #141
BHPian

How do you select a song / Artist on the infotainment panel?

When you connect the iPod, there is a way to search for the songs/ artists/ albums by A, B, C ..... rather than the default which is 1, 2,3....
I seen the Nippon guy do it - but Damn - every time I try it just does not work! So- How do you shift over?

I think Nippon really needs to make this more user friendly. Trying to find a particular song from over 3000 or more songs is a real pain. Its really hard to scroll through over 400 pages of songs to find the one you like!

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 7th March 2012 at 23:42.
Old 8th March 2012, 17:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
...I did check with the follow me home lights (manually turning off and without). But its totally at random. I could not find any correlation. Once, the alarm went off after almost a day since the vehicle was parked! So totally at a loss now....
Okay guys,here is an update. Today my car went for its first service, and I explained the Alarm going off issue to the RM. He immediately pointed out that the bonnet Switch is the problem and that he will rectify it. Will have to wait and watch if the issue is sorted out.

Cheers All.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:24. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 10th March 2012, 08:44   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100

Okay guys,here is an update. Today my car went for its first service, and I explained the Alarm going off issue to the RM. He immediately pointed out that the bonnet Switch is the problem and that he will rectify it. Will have to wait and watch if the issue is sorted out.

Cheers All.
Actually he might be right. The alarm in my car went off a couple of times and each time when I drove around the next day there was a bonnet open error popping up. However going by the range of causes listed it could be anything I guess!!!!
Old 10th March 2012, 18:07   #144
BHPian

New one: Went for my first long drive on NH48. Tried out the cruise control feature. At first it refused to come on. Then when it did, it worked like a charm until it just switched off. So I pulled over to the side, switched the ignition off, then on and yaay, I was cruising once again only till it shut off again. I just resorted to the good old accelerator and reached home. Has anyone faced this issue so far. It's going to be a tough one to debug and reproduce :(

Apart from that the drive was superb. Touched 160 max and discovered the over speeding alarm at 150. Car felt planted and in control. Brakes were not very confidence inspiring in terms of feel and feedback, how had very positive bite.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:56   #145
BHPian

Just returned from 1st scheduled Service of my W6 ( 3600 KMs/3months) . There was a 'Thuk Thuk' noise from right front wheel. This noise appears only while driving on uneven road at sped less than 30 KMPH. They tested every possibility but when nothing worked out replaced the Right Front Suspension. Now things are back to silky smooth drive.
Old 10th March 2012, 21:51   #146
Senior - BHPian

BTW would guys still recommend buying an XUV500?

Last edited by Samurai : 11th March 2012 at 12:03. Reason: removed reference to deleted post
Old 11th March 2012, 12:42   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude
I would recommend to wait for another 6-9 months so that all the issues are reported and ironed out. Being a new vehicle, the initial buyers are prone to becoming guinea pigs for the product improvement process! Good thing however is that their speed of response and resolution is much better than other companies.
I guess by that time, the supply capacity should also get hiked to 5k units per month so that you should be able to get immediate deliveries. The flipside however would be that your landed price may be almost 2-3 lacs higher, on account of the new increased excise on diesel vehicles (if implemented) and product cost increases.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 11th March 2012, 16:45   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Yep, all said and done this still is a good vehicle. Yes there are niggles - some major some minor depending on the owner - but so do most of the other new launches. Mahindra seem to be trying their level best to smoothen things out and doing ok at the moment. And in the price range that it plays it does make it value. So go for it (of course once the bookings reopen )
Old 11th March 2012, 21:01   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Yes. But NOT RIGHT NOW. Please wait another 6 to 9 months. Some of the issues reported are not simple. For example, the brake quality is just pathetic. They are doing some R&D on my vehicle with some different clutch assemblies(really..).. But the niggles far outweigh the "new launch" excuse.

I am also following new launches like Vento or Rapid.. I haven't come across such crappy issues. Cruise control not working right is not a minor niggle either- It can actually kill you if it refuses to switch off or something..

I am one among the first few to own this beast. But please don't buy it now.

I am going to sell mine in another 2 months(Once I am ok to sell because of my car loan etc...) I will wait and get a fresh XUV 6 months down the line..

Again, the niggles far outweigh the new launch excuse. I have had it with my car at least. (7 trips to the service center in 4 months, clutch replaced, brakes replaced twice, headlights replaced, tiretronics sensors replaced, software flashed 7 times, wheel alignment done etc etc.. the line just keeps growning.....) All this from a new car? NO WAY
sheelapratosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:17   #150
BHPian

Ok I've been absent from this thread a while because I was caught up with work and travel. Since my last post here, I've done almost another 4000 km on my W8, total odo reading js 7900 kms, and will be clocking another 1500 by end of this month. Here are my observations so far:

1) FE is still bad, am getting around 11.5 in the highway at cruising speeds of 110-120 km/h. Getting 9 kmpl in the city. Reported this to M&M.
2) Got 3M sun film on all glass surfaces, makes a HUGE difference in the XUV.
3) Brake grinding noise has not gone away, although for some strange reason brake feel has massively improved. It is now very sharp and responsive, and I don't have to worry about allowing extra safety margins on the road on account of the poor brakes.
4) Finished 1st service and it cost me Rs. 1815 for the oil filter and oil.
5) Got the wheels aligned, balanced and rotated at the 5000 km mark. The alignment guys struggled to set the camber within tolerance, and this wasn't some two bit alignment center. Apparently alignment on the XUV is a tricky procedure, saw quite a few XUVs struggling with the same camber settings at various alignment centers. Also explains why lots of people are having off center steering and the car pulling to the left.
6) Grinding noise in 2nd gear still exists- M&M is working on a fix.
7) Noticed a yellowish tinge along the borders of the headlight beam, not sure what this is but it has cropped up now.

All said and done, it is a fantastic car overall, the engine is performing brilliantly and the handling is superb. I cannot think of any reason why I would want to sell it unless M&M slips up on their after sales support,

Last edited by Rossiter : 12th March 2012 at 21:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks