Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 09:36   #886
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Folks,

I have completed approximate 1000 kms after the brake rework for fixing grinding issue. That includes a non-stop high speed drive of 400 kms on 4 lane highway and then a 150 kms through rainy gatt section with winding roads. The brake grinding noise is just gone! (at least till now). The braking effectiveness is brilliant and I don’t see too much of brake dust accumulated unlike the old set of pads..

To summarize the fix for my issues having two parts:
1) A new set of brake pads (only pads) for all four wheels.
2) A new set of bushes for front stabilizer bar.

So looks like the finally M&M is having a solution for brake grinding noise. Also the suspension rattle is gone with the changes of stabilizer bar bushes.

Currently the only niggle i have is the Infotainment system stops playing from USB by itself after a while. My RM acknowledged the problem and he is waiting a firmware upgrade to be released. I will be covering another 1000 kms in next one week. Will be updating the findings soon.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper, from which dealer you got this issue fixed and when?
Old 29th August 2012, 19:49   #887
anm
BHPian

Anyone in delhi/ ncr got delivery recently? How is the quality of July/ Aug manufacturing? Are the brake/ clutch issues faced in these batches as well?
Old 29th August 2012, 22:03   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
Anyone in delhi/ ncr got delivery recently? How is the quality of July/ Aug manufacturing? Are the brake/ clutch issues faced in these batches as well?
Hi
I have a july XUV W8 and i can confirm the brake grinding and screeching issue HAS NOT been fixed in the july batch .
Clutch issue is not there and i find the clutch a breeze to use.
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 22:48   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm
I have taken the delivery on 13/8 n its a july manufactured car.

Brakes are quite soft and spongy. Effectiveness starts after half the pedal is deppresed. Its just bad. I need to take up the matter with Service center when i go for first service. I have heard a new set of brake pads are available now .

Clutch is absolutely fine. I cannot call it hard by any standards.

Other than these, a little alignment issue, saved it for 1st service.
And wiper blades which just cant take the weight of wiper arms (those big metallic ones) seems clearly a design issue. They flutter while being in use.

PS- I have driven it for about 450 kms.
liferocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 09:33   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post

Man, 17 days of ownership and done only 450 kms, take it for a spin dear, aren't your hands itching to drive.
rajeshchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 09:51   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand

Man, 17 days of ownership and done only 450 kms, take it for a spin dear, aren't your hands itching to drive.
Rightly said my friend but lacking on time availability. Plus a lot of rains in NCR in last few days causing bad broken roads and all day jams.
My little experience on this one is telling me that all the major niggles have slowly been sorted out(touchwood). Smaller ones are okay to live with until taken care of by the Service Center.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:57   #892
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

...And wiper blades which just cant take the weight of wiper arms (those big metallic ones) seems clearly a design issue. They flutter while being in use.
Congratulations liferocks!

About the wiper issue, can you please elaborate what problem are you facing? Does it swipe clean or leave streaks/scartches?
Old 30th August 2012, 13:14   #893
BHPian

Quote:

Brakes are quite soft and spongy.
And wiper blades which just cant take the weight of wiper arms (those big metallic ones) seems clearly a design issue. They flutter while being in use.

Congratulations LifeRocks! Hope the brake issue is taken care of by Mahindra. Also as SDP requested, please provide details on the wiper issue..
Old 30th August 2012, 13:57   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted
Congratulations LifeRocks! Hope the brake issue is taken care of by Mahindra. Also as SDP requested, please provide details on the wiper issue..
Thanks a lot guys. Wiper is cleaning nicely. Leaving no streaks. Its just fluttering while wiping. The rubber part which actually cleans gets twisted to and fro a fewwithin a single swipe. I hope i am able to explain.

Thinking to take a small video next time it rains to explain properly.

Regds
Old 31st August 2012, 01:46   #895
anm
BHPian

hey - just throw a bottle of water and shoot it we can't wait
Old 1st September 2012, 00:39   #896
Senior - BHPian

Guys, All XUV owners, dont kill me for this, but just couldn't resist:

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/

So mahindra themselves say that there will be lots of stories to say if one buy's their XUV500
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv-pun.png  

AlphaKilo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 16:24   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp74 View Post
HotChillyPepper, from which dealer you got this issue fixed and when?
I got it fixed in Sireesh. Its more than 2 weeks back. The fix is not officially confirmed by M&M yet. I took a chance and decided to be a Guinea pig for the brake issue. I was that much frustrated with the annoying noise each time I applied the brake. As per my RM, mine is the first customer car getting these parts in Bangalore. May be he is making me happy. I have completed another 800 KM just now and there is no screeching noise yet. Not even once.

But the brake pedal travel is still an issue. Its really annoying as the whole braking get delayed by half of a second at least.

Other than that in my 1500 KM round trip to Kerala didn’t give any problem. I found the headlight is much better than many other cars I could drive. That includes Vento, Cruze, Innova.

BTW, my brother found XUV clutch much smoother than his Vento TDI. Hope it stays that way
All through the trip, the car just rocked. I could follow an X1 on NH7 very easily.
-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 1st September 2012 at 16:35.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:53   #898
BHPian

Guys, has anybody noticed/faced this issue with the iPod to ICE connection yet?

So, I leave my first generation iPod (black, 80 GB HDD model) in the XUV itself since both office and residence parking places are quiet safe. I leave the iPod connected and concealed (out of sight) inside the dashboard nacelle.

The first time I connect the iPod with the vehicle running (ICE booted up), it easily detects the iPod and starts playing from it as expected. However, when I start the vehicle in the morning or the evening, the iPod which was left connected overnight, is not automatically detected though it is still connected. I have to take out the cable briefly and reinsert it - basically make the ICE realize that a iPod is freshly connected - to make it get detected by the system.

Why does the ICE not detect a iPod when connected before the ICE boots up / vehicle starts up?
Is it an issue with the iPod settings or with the way the ICE is designed?
Not really a niggle, but a design feature maybe that I am not able to appreciate yet!
Old 4th September 2012, 11:28   #899
BHPian

So finally i managed to get the 3rd Generation brake pads on my Xuv W8. Have done a little over 300 kms since then in a weeks time. The brake grinding noise has reduced by atleast 90% but it still exists. I have had my brake pads changed like 4 times before that so from my previous experience I can say that the grinding noise starts increasing as n how the brake pads become old. I will have to wait another 500-600 kms to really tell the feedback but as of now its good.

From what i learnt from the technician is , how to identify which genreation brake pad do you have

1st generation has a single cut on it
2nd Generation has 2 cuts on it
3rd Generation has a apple kinda cut on it.

I personally haven't seen the 3rd gen yet as it was already fitted before i reached the service center.

Also I am done over 16k kms till now and i feel the mileage has dropped. So i made them check for leaks and got a new air filter. Then topped up my tank by shaking the car. Took the technician and took him for a ride for 35 kms at 70-80 kmph speed. At the end of the trip the digitial showed me 16.2 Km pl and i again topped up to the tank and checked the actual milage which turned out to be 12.8 kmpl at the most ideal condition and speed. I was mostly driving on the highway on the 6th gear.

If possible I would like if other fellow users do a similar test and see what kinda results they getting.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: SMS Language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th September 2012 at 19:17.
moleculez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 11:37   #900
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
So finally i managed to get the 3rd Generation brake pads on my Xuv W8. Have done a little over 300 kms since then in a weeks time. The brake grinding noise has reduced by atleast 90% but it still exists. ....

1st generation has a single cut on it
2nd Generation has 2 cuts on it
3rd Generation has a apple kinda cut on it.
What do we mean by a "cut" in this context? A photo would have been extremely helpful. Any other sign of identifying the generation visually, without disassembling anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleculez View Post
...Took the technician and took him for a ride for 35 kms at 70-80 kmph speed. At the end of the trip the digitial showed me 16.2 Km pl and i again topped up to the tank and checked the actual milage which turned out to be 12.8 kmpl at the most ideal condition and speed. I was mostly driving on the highway on the 6th gear.

If possible I would like if other fellow users do a similar test and see what kinda results they getting.
You took the technician for a 35KMs ride? That's amazing.
The mileage numbers are worrying though. What was the technician's diagnosis for the low fuel-efficiency?

Edit: 35kms ride would have consumed 2-3 litres of diesel. Since you are not using the auto-cutoff method and the top-up is just 2-3 litres, the calculation has a huge margin of error.

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2012 at 11:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks