Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 23:25   #841
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Can you elaborate on the fog lamp swtiching procedure - sounds kind of stupid to me, because anti-clock wise for front, done - what if now i want my back fog to be on too(simulateneously front and back)? turning the rotary knob clockwise will switch off the front one correct? or am I missing something?

Cornering lamps: Do you have an image of the extra bulb? (P.S: I have seen the animation video in mahindra ads and the cornering lights equipped in European cars, just curious to know how it works in XUV) thanks.
Rohitbagai's explanation is perfect. Noticed how the car key switches back to its original position after cranking the engine? The Fog switch is exactly like that. After switching on any of the fog lamp, the switch returns to its normal position. So you can switch any one or both the fogs on at the same time.

Raj has given a snap of the cornering bulb. Mahindra's animation video gives a completely incorrect idea about the implementation of the cornering lamps in XUV. The animation shows how European cars have cornering lamps. I guess they just copy pasted the video from somewhere.

Last edited by SDP : 13th August 2012 at 23:26.
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 00:48   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Noticed how the car key switches back to its original position after cranking the engine? The Fog switch is exactly like that.
Slight OT, but your post reminds me a feature never discussed of XUV. It has a protection mechanism, incase someone accidentally tries to crank the engine while engine is still running. "Nothing happens". Try to replicate it on your Xuv and you will be pleased
rohitbagai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 23:01   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Slight OT, but your post reminds me a feature never discussed of XUV. It has a protection mechanism, incase someone accidentally tries to crank the engine while engine is still running. "Nothing happens". Try to replicate it on your Xuv and you will be pleased
Very true. this is very useful especially if you use start-stop function. While talking to a friend with me, I cranked the engine when signal turned green, and then realized that the engine was already cranked automatically by the start-stop function. But the vehicle took good care of itself by not cranking it again.

Meanwhile for the brake grinding issue, looks like there is some good news. I am testing a new solution for the past two days and the results are very positive. I will confirm the status after my upcoming 700 KMs drive on coming Saturday.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 18:58   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Today I took my XUV to the workshop as it had a problem with Airbag light glowing continuously. When I asked Service executive why is it so, he came up with an absurd answer that you have installed the floor mats. How can floor mats disturb the Airbag, then he came up with an explanation indicating that the connections to the Airbag sensors are very delicate and they get disconnected. But he resolved the issue in 10 mins and when I asked him what he did, he replied saying the Firmware was upgraded. How do I know what revision is it upgraded to. I heard from other members that version 4.0 is available for W6, how can I check it on the console or there any other way to do it.

I will be visiting the workshop once again as they need to replace my Bridgestone Tyre which had a faulty valve. They have taken photographs and they want to investigate the same along with Bridgestone team before they can replace a tyre free of cost. It seems I need to fight with both BS and M&M to get a new tyre.

It is a very scary place in the workshop in AML Hyderabad where almost 95% of the vehicles where XUV and one or two scoprio's. It seems the workshop was also used as God down. But I could see number of XUV's which have come up the service (with TR numbers) and most of them had some or the other issue of left/right front wheel. Most of them were W8 and I could see that most of them are from FEB manufactured slot. So I guess the people who got vehicles in the 2nd lot are also facing the same issues that were faced by the people who got earlier.
Hi VRRRaju@@

I have booked a W6 model from VVC motors and have few questions for you. I dont want to take any accessories from the showroom except for few chrome pieces. I would like to know if we can get these in hyd. if yes, where is the best place to get these done for XUV.

Underbody Treatment
Waxoyl Paint treatment
Alloy wheels
3d Mats

Hari

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2012 at 15:24. Reason: Removing double
Old 15th August 2012, 21:32   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Hi VRRRaju@@

I have booked a W6 model from VVC motors and have few questions for you. I dont want to take any accessories from the showroom except for few chrome pieces. I would like to know if we can get these in hyd. if yes, where is the best place to get these done for XUV.

Underbody Treatment
Waxoyl Paint treatment
Alloy wheels
3d Mats

Hari
Hi Hari,
Congratulations on booking the W6, hope you will be getting the deliveries soon. I guess the Underbody Treatment can be done at the dealer. Mine was done at the dealer and he charged me around 7000 bucks (On higher side by 1500). He did with a product called WURTH under body coat, it is a German brand and reliable one. I also got the warranty card for the same. Coming to the other things like Waxoyl Paint Treatment ( I am not sure if you are talking about Telfon/Detailing), but my advice is not go for it now. When the vehicle arrives just check the paint quality, few areas it may look rough and few areas it may look smooth, I would recommend the detailing only if you find some rough area. This could be caused due to the stickers they put on while transport or otherwise it could have been stored in stock yard of the company and dealer. If you want to get the detailing done, I would recommend K-Force Detailers in Miyapur, they are the Meguiars and they do an excellent job. Take my reference in case you want some discounts:-) I think for the Alloy wheels you can visit Xenex (its on the end of road no.36, behind the parallel lane of Madhapur Police Station), they have wide variety of Alloy Wheels and you can find a match of your choice. I think we still don't get 3D mats for the XUV.
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 21:58   #846
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
3d Mats

Hari
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
... I think we still don't get 3D mats for the XUV.
3D Mats for XUV5OO from Maxspider Kagu as well as Star Car Mats are available in the market. Please search on the official review thread and the 3D Kagu Mats thread for more details.

PS: Guys, this is completely OT on this thread. Please use the XUV5OO official review thread for generic discussion.

Last edited by SDP : 15th August 2012 at 21:59.
Old 16th August 2012, 12:06   #847
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Crossposting from my travelogue so as to keep issues in a single thread and to seek opinions from other owners/experts:

-----------------------x----------------------
... I parked the XUV perpendicular to the road with a huge Sintex water tank in front us. I switched off the engine and left the key in the "Accessories" position as the music was on. The family stayed in the car, while I stepped out.

I closed the driver side door and was out for 4-5 minutes for making some enquiries. When I came back to the car, wifey told me that the car is making some weird noise after each half a minute or so. While she was narrating this, it happened right in front me. clearly the sound of a motor, almost like a growl and the steering wheel vibrated.
I immediately turned the car off completely and took out the key. Wife continued - it happened 5-6 times and the entire vehicle shook. My wife seriously got worried if the vehicle is going to start and run into the Sintex tank or going to back up to the middle of the road.

I don't use the start-stop feature and it is always in off position. So not sure if it was the starter motor trying to start the engine. If that is the case, this would be a huge issue. But, I don't believe that was the issue.

I assured my wife that it must have been some minor motor malfunctioning - it won't start and drive the car on its own.

Later that day, I started checking functionalities one by one and realized that the left-rear window is not rolling down. Re-verified the window-lock button, it was still not winding down from the driver console. Walked over to that door, opened it and tried from the dedicated control on that door. Still nothing. Most likely, that was the motor which was causing the sound and the vibration earlier in the day. Not sure though.

Restarted the car a couple of times, hoping that M&M would have some collaboration with Microsoft Windows . Still nothing. Checked it again 2-3 times during that day and next day. No luck.

After almost 24 hours, we discovered that the window is working again.

Have spoken to the RM briefly about it a couple of days later and specifically mentioned that the problem disappeared on its own and I need his help for diagnosis. Let's see.

-----------------------x----------------------
I dislike problems that disappear after some time, as they are difficult to reproduce and fix. Coming from the IT industry, we know that, a defect that disappears on its own, can re-appear on its own. And Murphy's law says that - most likely it would re-appear at the worst possible time.

Any opinions? Anybody faced something similar?

Last edited by SDP : 16th August 2012 at 12:12.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 12:25   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I dislike problems that disappear after some time, as they are difficult to reproduce and fix. Coming from the IT industry, we know that, a defect that disappears on its own, can re-appear on its own. And Murphy's law says that - most likely it would re-appear at the worst possible time.

Any opinions? Anybody faced something similar?
That is Strange .

I have this issue with my Right Indicator. It works at times and doesnt work at times.

It reappears at the worst possible time for sure. Im going to ASC this saturday and hopefully would be able to plug that
Old 16th August 2012, 14:24   #849
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... I switched off the engine and left the key in the "Accessories" position as the music was on. The family stayed in the car, while I stepped out.
Correction: The Key was in the "ON" position (not Acc).

Quote:
...After almost 24 hours, we discovered that the window is working again.
Update: The same window is NOT working again. Seems like a loose connection.

Last edited by SDP : 16th August 2012 at 14:27.
Old 16th August 2012, 14:39   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

It seems like a loose connection that may be touching some metal part and hence the erratic behavior. It could short, get it rectified ASAP.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 01:25   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SDP - PLease check if the same issue happens in mumbai also, where the Fog is less if not nil compared to Mahabaleshwar. If it does NOT reappear, Fog/Mist was the culprit. This is for both Motor and vehicle starting. The window and starter motor have exhaust vanes for cooling/ventilation and moisture could have entered from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
That is Strange .

I have this issue with my Right Indicator. It works at times and doesnt work at times.

It reappears at the worst possible time for sure. Im going to ASC this saturday and hopefully would be able to plug that
Definetly a loose contact or an indicator stalk malfunction.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 14:27   #852
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Update 2: Its working today.

Ages back there was this serial called Blossom, in which the lead character had 2 brothers. The younger one (I think Joey) was quite dumb. In one of the scenes, the father tells this guy to watch the x'mas lights and tell him whether they are working or not, while the father plugs into a remote socket. He plugs in, the lights start blinking (as expected) and the son goes like "Its working. Now its not working. Working..Not working..Working..Not Working."

While reporting the status of my power-window, today I am feeling exactly like that dumb guy.

Last edited by SDP : 17th August 2012 at 14:28.
Old 17th August 2012, 14:51   #853
Team-BHP Support

Reading about all these issues I somehow wonder on whether I got lucky! Till date I have not faced much of niggles... and I hope it stays that way. In the last 1 week I have driven through almost 1500+ kms and will again drive another 1000 kms by tomorrow. I was highly strung up at the beginning of my journey. I am more relaxed now. The vehicle drives like a charm. Almost niggle free.

As of now I see only one issue that I need a confirmation on. I noticed that even if I have kept the ACC off, which I like to keep that way, I still find that the fan keeps reducing or increasing its speed from time to time. Is this a niggle? Why should it happen if the ACC is off?

The resolution for the brake grinding noise and the right side indicator self-cancellation though still are awaited, but then these are bigger issues related to design flaws.
Old 17th August 2012, 17:24   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Reading about all these issues I somehow wonder on whether I got lucky! Till date I have not faced much of niggles... and I hope it stays that way. In the last 1 week I have driven through almost 1500+ kms and will again drive another 1000 kms by tomorrow. I was highly strung up at the beginning of my journey. I am more relaxed now. The vehicle drives like a charm. Almost niggle free.

As of now I see only one issue that I need a confirmation on. I noticed that even if I have kept the ACC off, which I like to keep that way, I still find that the fan keeps reducing or increasing its speed from time to time. Is this a niggle? Why should it happen if the ACC is off?

The resolution for the brake grinding noise and the right side indicator self-cancellation though still are awaited, but then these are bigger issues related to design flaws.
Glad to hear an owner so positive about minor issues.
Sometimes wonder why we become so critical Of the XUV on small issues...Me incl!
The blower speed niggle is the first one has heard, negative in my case.
Could you care to elaborate on the bigger issues related to design flaws ?
Old 17th August 2012, 23:14   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
An Android app is available in the Google Play store which explains the warning lamps , keeps fuel record and has all the contact nos in one plcae. Try it - XUV500.
The iPhone app is also out as of today.

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks