Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 01:40   #1651

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
What issues are you facing? Customer-care-area-manager is a right place to start unless you are talking about something really really serious. You can get the email and cellphone number from your service-center. In Mumbai, where do you get your XUV serviced?
This is what i have drafted.

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to you as a last resort of grievance redressal as I believe I have been thoroughly harassed by the sales group of Mahindra & Mahindra (NBS International) after I booked my Mahindra XUV 5OO. As a customer I feel that I have been lied to, duped multiple times, and the term 'transperancy' to my knowledge is unknown to the Sales Managers working at NBS International in your Andheri West, Mumbai branch.

I booked a XUV 500 (W8) from your Andheri West Showroom on the 11th of April 2013 in exchange for my Honda City and was helped by a Sales Executive Joselyn Periera. Joselyn, helped us out and went out of his way during the test drive and with all our pre-purchase queries and we were sold on the car. I requested to your dealership that I would like the car to be delivered to us on 25th April 2013, Hanuman Jayanti as it is an auspicious day and I was guaranteed time and time again not to worry about the date as the car was already available and NBS would get it processed and delivered to us on the 25th i.e today. After all the loan paperwork and everything finished on Friday the 19th of April, I was told that the car would be sent for Passing and Registration on Saturday (20th April 2013) or Monday and the procedure would be completed on or before Thursday in time for delivery. I was promised repeatedly by Afwan Boral (Asst Sales Manager- Field), who had taken lead on the sale from Jocelyn after we had given the payment to NBS. Since I also reside in Thane (outside octroi Limit) i requested the car to be registered from there and all documentation requested needed to be from there. I provided NBS with the documentation requested but i was told that the documentation could be inadequate and i would have to go to the RTO when passing of the car would be done from the RTO which would be on Tuesday after Monday being allocated to temporary registration for the Car. I called Jocelyn on Monday at around 4-5 PM and was told by him that the car has gone for temporary registration today and Mr. Boral would be in touch with me about the time and place and the Point of Contact to meet at the RTO the following morning for Passing to prove residence in Thane. Me and my Father both cancelled our business meetings for Tuesday morning, cleared our schedule and were awaiting a call from NBS in the morning on the time to reach Thane RTO. There was no call from Afwan. On calling Afwan, I was told that the Pre-registration on the car hadn't been the day before as the RTO was observing a strike on Monday and that we would have to go to the RTO on Thursday morning. I found this fishy and did my research. I called the RTO in Thane and also the Agent from NBS International at the RTO in Thane. The RTO office told me they had been working on Monday and had conducted business as usual. On speaking to the agent and asking him for an update, he told me he had not recieved any file for the registration of a XUV 5OO from NBS Int'l in our name. I immediately called Afwan and asked him about this. Afwan had his replies armed with and said he is doing it from a **DIFFERENT** method and I need not worry about it but just go to the RTO on Thursday. I was again given a personal guarantee from Afwan that the car would be delivered on Thursday come what may.

Today morning, I co-ordinated with Afwan and was told by him to reach the RTO at 12:00 PM. Again today, me and my father both cleared our work schedules and went to Thane to the RTO. After we reached the RTO and met the agent there on behalf of NBS, we asked him the purpose we were needed at the RTO. I felt that neither me nor my Father has ever been humiliated ever before in our life like this. His reply was " I dont know why ya'll are here, Who asked ya'll to come. I'll do my work when i have to". We told him that we were sent by NBS Int'l itself because they said that the RTO officer would want to meet us, to which he again arrogantly replied saying " I'll deal that later. I don't need ya'll here". He went thru our file and started asking for random address proof letters which we were never told to carry by your showroom in Andheri. Somehow after an hour or two of co-ordination with my residence and a few faxes being sent to and fro we gave him the papers he wanted . The NBS agent satisfied at that point said we could go back home now. We questioned him again what exactly was our purpose of visit if we only gave him a few papers which we could have given the showroom, days before if only they would have asked us. He just gave us a 'I dont care' look and proceeded ahead. I asked him how long would the paperwork take to finish and if he needed any more assistance from us. He answered that he would take care of everything and that he would make sure the car was Passed, Registered and ready to be delivered by evening. We departed from the RTO at 4:30 PM again a whole day wasted. On the way back my father called Mr. Boral from NBS Intl, Andheri and told him everything what had happened over there. Obviously, you cannot expect anyone to keep his cool after all this and my father gave Mr. Boral a stern word about how he was thoroughly disappointed in NBS Intl and Mahindra for the way they deal with customers. Afwan again guaranteed that he would have the car ready by evening as he had just spoken to the RTO personal for NBS for us as the car was already in the workshop and what remained were just the papers. After 30-45 minutes, still on the way back from Thane, I received a call from Afwan, who requested to speak to me. I told him I was around his showroom and I would drop by in few minutes. When i reached the showroom, Afwan informed me the Car was in the Raey Road workshop and that the workshop had suffered massive power outage by a fire in the meter room and fire at the workshop and was explained very theatrically from him how dangerous that was and that he hadn't completed the Pre Delivery Inspection nor the programming of the Infotainment system nor the ECU in the car. It was already 5 o'clock and I failed to understand how he still didn't have all the above things ready at 5 PM if he had promised me delivery at 6-7 PM. He told me the Head Manager, and the other higher team at NBS Intl were co-ordinating with the Raey Road workshop to get temporary power to be able to deliver my car and said that if not possible he will deliver the car to me the next day i.e tomorrow. He assured me that the issues were out of his hand and that hadnt the power failed he would have delivered the car to me. Tired with the lies and the unreasonable, unneeded travel for the day I came back home and called the NBS RTO agent i had been with the whole morning to confirm if all paperwork was done at least.
He told me that the passing was done but the number allocation was still remaining which he would do the next day as he was busy with *other work* and that he would procure that around mid-day tomorrow A few minutes later Afwan Boral called and informed me that the car paperwork was finished, but the car wouldn't be ready today due to the outage and that he would need the morning tomorrow to deliver the car and would be done by mid-day.

Please tell me who to believe?? Is this the kind of service offered?? Where is the transparency in the dealings?? Why does everyone at Mahindra have a different story for everything?? I am really very disappointed in the sales service that NBS International ( a Mahindra Brand) offers to its customers. I do not know who was lying to me and why but I can tell you this much, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND A MAHINDRA CAR TO ANYONE. I have lost two whole working days and so has my father for reasons only known to NBS International. I firstly agreed to go to the RTO for the registration which is done by the showroom itself and not by a customer, secondly I kept quiet thru all the lies and two-faced approach hoping the car would be delivered to me today on a auspicious day but now I think i have completely lost hope in Mahindra and NBS. I do not feel like taking this car anymore. Please tell me who will reimburse me and my father for the two days of business lost?? Mahindra?? NBS?? Is it fair to treat a customer like this?? Apart from monetary loss the worst is the complete loss of faith and respect in your brand.

I request you to please look into these matters as this my last escalation if I dont get a adequate rederessal before i send this out in public forums and consumer grievance forums. I apologize that i had to write such a lengthy letter but I really believe this is not the way anyone should do business and these are stark matters to be taken care of at the earliest.

If anyone from your company wishes to contact me for further information, I am available at XXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely.
Old 26th April 2013, 05:58   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Sad story, but here is what I would do if I was in your place
- Make the actual letter or email you write short, just saying that you were lied to or cheated by the Dealer, when someone important i.e. someone who can take a decision in the issue gets in touch with you, let it rip
- The way showrooms think is different. For us, the journey starts when the keys are delivered, for them, we are in as soon as the payment is made, I'm sure they must be thinking "It's their own car that is getting registered, so what's the problem waiting one or two days?"
- If you like the XUV or any other vehicle for that matter, go for it, its not the vehicles' fault that all this is happening, some things have to be forgotten like a bad dream, think of all those amazing times in the future you could have with your XUV

Totally with you on this one, wish you All the best :-)

Last edited by TheARUN : 26th April 2013 at 06:00. Reason: spelling mistake
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 06:19   #1653
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmack86 View Post
This is what i have drafted.
Please take it up with VP and Head of Customer-care Sanjoy Gupta. You will find his email id on the XUV5OO official site.

Sad experience indeed. The name of NBS international is consistently coming across as poor in sales as well as service. Once you take delivery, I would suggest, move to Global Gallerie or G3 motors for all service/repair needs.
Old 26th April 2013, 08:05   #1654
BHPian

I want to update the navigation software in my XUV to the latest version 8.0 from MapmyIndia. Need help on how to do this. If someone has done this, then please let me know how to do it and also your experiences after updating the software.

Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 09:08   #1655
BANNED

[quote=samsmack86;3105115]This is what i have drafted.

, Afwan informed me the Car was in the Raey Road workshop and that the workshop had suffered massive power outage by a fire in the meter room and fire at the workshop and was explained very theatrically from him how dangerous that was and that he hadn't completed the Pre Delivery Inspection nor the programming of the Infotainment system nor the ECU in the car.

Isn't Infotainment and ECU programming done at the factory before delivery of vehicle?
Can some of the gurus shed some light into this.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:06   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
I want to update the navigation software in my XUV to the latest version 8.0 from MapmyIndia. Need help on how to do this. If someone has done this, then please let me know how to do it and also your experiences after updating the software.

Thanks
Has the new version come out? Mahindra customers were to get it end April along with a blue tooth/ software update.
You will need to get it upgraded at any Mahindra service station.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:30   #1657
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your bitter experience samsmack86.
I suggest you call up customer care and register your grievance.
Also as suggested by SDP, send an email to Sanjoy Gupta. But try to keep the email short, just listing the pain points.
It's always advisable to choose a dealer after going through reviews about them. Btw the sales process and after sales support are two different things and after getting your beast, you may want to inquire about a better A$$ center in your area and then establish a rapport with them for a hassle free ownership experience.

Let this incident not spoil the joy of owning one of the best cars on Indian roads. Mahindra is quite receptive to customer issues and if everything goes well, you could well sport a smile at the end and laugh this incident off.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 19:25   #1658

So I did pick up the car today and the Showroom was a completely different place with everyone from the GM to the CEO of NBS International wanting to speak to me. I will give the whole delivery description soon.

I found an Issue with the bluetooth pairing. I have an iphone and the XUV detects the iphone and vice versa but it wont pair. I am not getting the option to enter the passcode in my iphone and pairing fails post that.. Any clue why?? My samsung galaxy II pairs perfectly.
Old 26th April 2013, 21:45   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmack86 View Post
So I did pick up the car today and the Showroom was a completely different place with everyone from the GM to the CEO of NBS International wanting to speak to me. I will give the whole delivery description soon.
Well, that should not clear their misdeeds. They lied to you and that remains as a fact. You must still report this to the higher ups.

Congrats for your ride, buddy!
Old 30th April 2013, 14:55   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Dear XUVians, i am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this query since its not a niggle or issue with the vehicle but i would like to know has anyone changed/upgraded the headlight bulb for low beam which is a 55W H1 bulb, because i find it to be a very dim and road visibility is not that great.
I heard many people complaining about low beam, and actually i want to change mine.
Please do let me know if anybody has upgraded the bulbs.
Also suggest me with replacement bulbs.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:33   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Dear XUVians, i am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this query since its not a niggle or issue with the vehicle but i would like to know has anyone changed/upgraded the headlight bulb for low beam which is a 55W H1 bulb, because i find it to be a very dim and road visibility is not that great.
I heard many people complaining about low beam, and actually i want to change mine.
Please do let me know if anybody has upgraded the bulbs.
Also suggest me with replacement bulbs.
As far as possible avoid going in for higher rating bulbs as headlight assembly may not be designed to withstand the additional heat generated by a higher wattage bulb.

By personal experience I can confidently say that 55W bulbs give you enough light on darkest of roads (I have used both the regular and white vision 55 W bulbs on my Scorpio)
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 18:27   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
BTW, the security-alarm as well as reverse-horn (after A.S.S. enabling) can be turned-off if you don't need it. A long-press (3+ seconds) on the lock key disables it and then it doesn't sound till you explicitly enable it. That's something I learnt last week while I was going through the PDF version of the manual avaiable at the XUV site. Was trying to help a fellow BHPian and a new XUV-owner on PM. Ended up learning something new myself.
During a recent visit to the A.S.S. I got my reversing siren enabled for the first time since purchasing my XUV. But subsequently I figured out (thanks to SDP's post) that one does not really need to hook up the laptop for enabling / disabling it.

A long press on the lock button of the ignition key (with the key inserted) is all that is required to either enable or disable the reversing siren. As SDP had pointed out earlier, the same siren / speaker that is used for the car security system is also used for the reversing siren.

Apparently, the A.S.S. technicians were unaware of the fact that hooking up the laptop was not necessary for enabling / disabling the reversing siren.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv.jpg
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 20:09   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I have started facing a new issue for the last 1 month with a few of the warning indicators . The Hill ascent, Hill Descent, ESP and ABS warning indicators comes on while driving. And there is no particular pattern or situation in which it can be reproduced. THe service centre folks had a look at the error codes and said it was sorted out. They did a test drive of 18+ kms and it didnt come on. On my way back within 1-2 kms it came on. So took the car back to the service centre. One doubt was the rat. Since I had some earlier issues with the electricals, a general doubt was that the rat must have chewed on some wires and there could be some loose connection somewhere. So the car was taken the following week to have a thorough look at the wires. Was there at the service centre for 2 days and as far as I understand the wires were OK. The vehicle came back with the confirmation the issue was sorted out. Took a test drive along with the Anant Cars driver and all the 4 warning lights came on within 2-3 kms. The driver himself called up the RM and informed him the matter.

As I was travelling to Mysore the next day, I informed my RM that I will send the car once I was back. Still to send and get it sorted. Have been closely observing to see if there is any particular pattern or situation in which the lights come on, but nothing so far. My observations so far
- On my trip to Mysore the next day, the lights came on at around a distance of 120kms. It stayed on for the rest 30+ kms till I reached my destination in Mysore.
- If I switch off the car and restart immediately or say in less than 5-10 mins the warning light come back again within a few minutes of driving

- The lights never came on for the next two days I was there, with some 20 odd kms odd of driving. On the way back it came on within 5-10 kms after I started my return journey and stayed on till I reached Bangalore. The trip meter reading when it came on was 190+ km. So the interval between the last time and this time was 70+kms.

- If the vehicle is started after a few hours, the issue may not come for quite sometime depending on I dunno what. Like say I travel for 15-20 kms daily for the next few days, the warnings may not come at all.

- Had tried driving on some bad roads to see if there was some loose connection and this was the cause, but NO. The lights never came on

- Mostly it came on, while driving on fairly good roads or during stop and go traffic situations requiring some amount of braking.

- The hill ascent/descent works as expected while the light are OFF. But not when the warning lights are ON. Which I believe would be the same with ABS and ESP.

So as of now, there is no specific intervals in terms of km/time or road conditions when the warning lights come on. If it is not a wiring issue or a loose connection would it mean its an issue with the sensors or the CPUs. The technical guy at Anant cars said there were 9 CPU's. The main one costing 40k and the others 25k. And if they go bust due to some short circuit due to rat chewing, then I will have to shell money for it. Else if it is a part malfunction, it would be replaced free of cost. As of now I dont think the particular CPU is bust, cos it works on and off. So my guess is some sort of malfunction or error code. And with no concrete pattern to reproduce it, should I ask for a part replacement.

FundaG

So my car was again at the service centre for 2 whole days, the 3rd time, to sort the issue with the ABS, Hill Ascent/descent and ESP warning lights coming ON. And its still not resolved. The guys out there seems to have tried almost every thing to pinpoint the issue and they have failed. I informed my RM at Anant cars that now they couldnt spot the root cause, it is high time I informed M&M about the issue.

But my RM is asking for one last chance before I escalate to M&M. I have anyway got the car back saying I need to think about it and will send it after a week. Anyone has any clue on what the issue could be. There was no issue with the microswitch as suggested by PGA. I had the RM check it out. No wiring issues.

So what should I do. Give Anant cars one more chance or inform M&M on this issue, considering this is some sort of manufacturing defect beyond Anant cars.

FundaG
Old 30th April 2013, 20:18   #1664
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
.... Anyone has any clue on what the issue could be. There was no issue with the microswitch as suggested by PGA. I had the RM check it out. No wiring issues.
By "no wiring issues", I am assuming that any sort of loose connection is also ruled out.

That would leave the sensors. Both these functions would rely on a few sensors and a malfunction of one or more sensors could throw warning lights.

Just a hunch. Please speak to your RM about it.
Old 1st May 2013, 15:02   #1665
BHPian

Well finally my auto alarm horn too failed and got lodged in the drive pulley belt! Being mechanically inclined - was able to wrestle it out and continue on my journey from Surat to Mumbai!
I shiver to think what would happen if it had jammed hard and the belt snapped or worse still, jammed the pulley causing the engine to freeze.
I had a bad experience in my Fusion where a mechanic dropped a bolt into the timing belt. The entire engine had to be opened, and new pistons/ head etc to be changed.
They are recalling vehicle to replace a stupid insignificant piece of plastic on the wiper - But such failures which have been reported time and again by a vast number of owners are nor being looked into!!
Where are their priorities!!
It time Mr A. Mahindra work up and whipped some rear's for their "chalta hai! " attitude.
Gerard F

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks