Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 10:52   #2401
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi All,

My Acceleration issues has now been resolved after replacing the Accelerator pedal assembly.

Thanks to SDP, raj and all for their suggestions.

C
SAMUDRA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 12:16   #2402
BHPian

Hi folks. I have been off this thread for some time and just jumped in. I have given my vehicle for repairs today and wanted to check the latest version of the software as well as mmi that is available . I will ask my rm to upgrade it.
Old 8th December 2013, 20:05   #2403

Hello everyone. I am facing an issue with iPod/iPhone connectivity with the XUV entertainment system. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS7 (7.0.4). When I connect my iPhone to the car entertainment system through a usb cable, it works fine for sometime (music is properly played through the car's music system). But after about 10-15 minutes a message pops up on my phone - "This accessory might not be supported" and the phone disconnects itself from the system. The phone does not show on the car's entertainment system and it even stops charging.

Even during normal operation, charging is extremely slow and if I am using any app or surfing internet while connected the battery doesn't charge and intact starts discharging.

I have never faced any such issue with other cars and even normal single din music systems having iPod/iPhone connectivity.

Please help.
Old 9th December 2013, 16:07   #2404
Max
BHPian

Anybody tried this kind of film on their windshields ?

ClearPlex Windshield Protection Film

http://www.clearplex.com/collections...eld-protection
Old 13th December 2013, 11:03   #2405
BHPian

Encountered a strange problem with the electricals:

Was driving out for dinner with family in my 10 day old car and while overtaking, flickered the headlight to high beam by pulling the stalk for the overtaking manouvre. To my surprise, the headlight did not flicker to high beam. Switched off and switched on the headlight and then it worked fine, but I could sense something abnormal the way it was behaving. The next right turn, I turn on the right indicator and it starts blinking at twice the frequency it normally does. Something was wrong.

Came back home after dinner and started investigating right away.

First, I turn on to high beam and there, the cheetah is one eyed on high beam! I thought it was a blown out bulb on the RHS. I assumed the bulb fusing problems were fixed in the new batch of vehicles but here it occurs again! The RHS low beam has gone dim too with this.
Second, I turn to low beam, and see that the RHS low beam has gone dim. Along with this the RHS front & mirror indicators continuosly glow faintly.
Third, I turn on the right indicator, it starts to blink twice as fast with only the mirror and rear indicators. The front indicators were continuosly glowing.
Fourth, I switch off the headlamps and turn on the right indicator. Works absolutely fine.

One thing that instantly came to my mind was rats. But rats have never liked to trouble any of the other cars we've owned. Why have they fallen in love with the XUV5OO?

Called my RM at Anant motors the next day which was a sunday, cancelled all plans and rushed to the Service centre in the afternoon. Since it was a sunday, he said it would be difficult for him to open a new job card and told me if the bulb has fused he would replace it with the spare one for now. I explained the problem to him and asked to get it checked before changing anything. Since it was a sunday, all the senior electricians were on leave and one of the junior electricians with telephonic support from his senior started to investigate. He too suspected rats chewing some part of the wire, but on examination this was ruled out.

Then the RHS headlamp assembly. He had to remove the coolant container to get access to the RHS headlight assembly. Changing bulbs in an emergency would definitely not be an easy task with this car.He opened up the rear cover of the headlight assembly and started to examine. He turned on the headlamps and tried pressing some connectors to the headlamp. On one instance the RHS High beam lit up and yes, the bulbs were intact. He tried and tried to tighten it up but when he took out his hand it went off all again. After some struggle another electrician came up and tightened it.

At once, everything was back to normal. The high beam, the low beam and the indicators all worked well.I told the electrician to replace the connector if it was required but he said the connector was fine and connected perfectly now. The Service manager drove around the service area with the lights on to see if its stable. Looked like all was well and I took leave. The explanation given for the problem was just the loose connector.

I left the service area taking the explanation but still wondering how this could happen.

A loose contact with a connector and: High beam not glowing + Low beam gone dim + Indicators blinking faster. Can this happen guys?
Old 13th December 2013, 12:09   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
A loose contact with a connector and: High beam not glowing + Low beam gone dim + Indicators blinking faster. Can this happen guys?
That's a strange problem, haven't heard of anyone who faced it. But from the looks of it, you should get the RHS headlight assembly replaced. I think your vehicle may have one of those "refurbished" assemblies that OEM's give back after fixing issues reported in them by M&M.

You should let customer care know about the bad quality of OEM in a new car and have them do something about it
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 12:14   #2407
BHPian

Logically , yes it can be. Inadequate low beam, means inadequate voltage probable cause can be a loose connection. No high beam means there’s no contact, again the culprit can be a connector. Now the issue with indicators blinking faster, this raises my doubt since its a pulse, can either be given thru a relay or a switching circuit. In most of the cars it’s a relay only, that’s why hear a taak taak sound. Now going at double speed means the relay is switching faster, remote possibility is of a short. My suggestion is as now don’t worry and break your head on this issue. Enjoy the ride, am sure it’s going to put in smiles in your face even with the niggles. Just keep a lookout for repetition of the problem. If it happens just ask for a replacement, why connector, ask them to change the entire headlamp assembly.

Regards
Sid
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:18   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
That's a strange problem, haven't heard of anyone who faced it. But from the looks of it, you should get the RHS headlight assembly replaced. I think your vehicle may have one of those "refurbished" assemblies that OEM's give back after fixing issues reported in them by M&M.

You should let customer care know about the bad quality of OEM in a new car and have them do something about it
Will surely report about this to the customer care shrk_18. Not something that a new car can come up with. Hope they take up such issues seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Logically , yes it can be. Inadequate low beam, means inadequate voltage probable cause can be a loose connection. No high beam means there’s no contact, again the culprit can be a connector. Now the issue with indicators blinking faster, this raises my doubt since its a pulse, can either be given thru a relay or a switching circuit. In most of the cars it’s a relay only, that’s why hear a taak taak sound. Now going at double speed means the relay is switching faster, remote possibility is of a short. My suggestion is as now don’t worry and break your head on this issue. Enjoy the ride, am sure it’s going to put in smiles in your face even with the niggles. Just keep a lookout for repetition of the problem. If it happens just ask for a replacement, why connector, ask them to change the entire headlamp assembly.

Regards
Sid
Thank you Sid. For now have kept it under observation. Fingers crossed! haven't had any problems so far. Enjoying the ride otherwise for now, and like you rightly said such niggles do bring smiles on your face in the end.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:49   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Enjoying the ride otherwise for now, and like you rightly said such niggles do bring smiles on your face in the end.
Hey you got me wrong, the ride do bring in smiles, niggles don't. Do a proper running in, keep it below 2K and work thru all the gears. And once you complete 1K, change the engine oil with a flushing. The A.S.S. guys will vehemently oppose, but do this. After all its your XUV not theirs.

Last edited by me_sid : 13th December 2013 at 13:50.
me_sid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 15:59   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Hey you got me wrong, the ride do bring in smiles, niggles don't. Do a proper running in, keep it below 2K and work thru all the gears. And once you complete 1K, change the engine oil with a flushing. The A.S.S. guys will vehemently oppose, but do this. After all its your XUV not theirs.

Run 950 Kms on the Odo as of now and have been following a strict running in. Also Plan to change the engine oil at 1K as per T-BHP's recommendation.
I had put up this question on the day I took delivery but got a response that its not required. Sure they would oppose but I'll get it done anyways
Old 13th December 2013, 21:47   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This just shows cars electricals behave same way. My 9 yr old santro was showing exactly same all the symptoms last month. Went to service center, the electrician reconnected the fuse and connectors after little dust wipe and it's all working fine again.

It was all done in a quick turn around time, thanks to smart electrician.
Old 14th December 2013, 08:32   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil.propel View Post
Hello everyone. I am facing an issue with iPod/iPhone connectivity with the XUV entertainment system. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS7 (7.0.4). When I connect my iPhone to the car entertainment system through a usb cable, it works fine for sometime (music is properly played through the car's music system). But after about 10-15 minutes a message pops up on my phone - "This accessory might not be supported" and the phone disconnects itself from the system. The phone does not show on the car's entertainment system and it even stops charging. Even during normal operation, charging is extremely slow and if I am using any app or surfing internet while connected the battery doesn't charge and intact starts discharging. I have never faced any such issue with other cars and even normal single din music systems having iPod/iPhone connectivity. Please help.
Is it working proper when connected via Bluetooth? If so, then issue could be with the lightning connector and it's associated "intelligence" built-in. Try earlier iPhone 4S with same os and with 30 pin connector. At the USB end it shouldn't be any different and if that works then you know where the problem is.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:07   #2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
Is it working proper when connected via Bluetooth? If so, then issue could be with the lightning connector and it's associated "intelligence" built-in. Try earlier iPhone 4S with same os and with 30 pin connector. At the USB end it shouldn't be any different and if that works then you know where the problem is.
I am using the same wire on many other cars and it works perfectly. But I will surely try what you have said and post back in this group. Currently, I have informed the Mahindra customer care and they have appointed an RM to solve my issue but there has been no update from their end.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:07   #2414
BHPian

Hi guys need a small favour. Can anyone give me the contact details of a good RM in Koncept, Okhla or Sri Durga, Motinagar. My office has recently shifted from GGN to Dhaula Kuan, and my XUV now at 47k km requires some minor TLC for some rattles and odd bits.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd December 2013, 22:03   #2415
A.R
BHPian

Anyone seen their XUV front windsheild crack due to heat generated by vehicle parked in sun for long hours?

I happen to be on the move and my XUV windsheild has craked all of a sudden on the car that was parked. The temp during the day peaks at 44 degrees. So thinking if it could be a cause since there are no spots of impact caused by pebbles or stones (see pic for reference)z
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-2013122310131.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks