Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 16:02   #2521
BHPian

This is rat infestation, immediately place tobacco inside the engine well as inside the vehicle. Thankfully it has not chewed on the wires. To be on the safer side tell them to check all electrical wiring and hoses. Best of luck.

Regards
Sid
Old 23rd February 2014, 11:02   #2522
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Download from here(valid only for 7 days): http://wikisend.com/download/657996/...___Maintenance Manual_Rev1.pdf
Hello Shibu, I am a XUV5OO owner since October 2013. I just saw this post now ,and would be very grateful if you could somehow pass this service manual to me also. I tried to PM you, but guess I'm not allowed to do that since I'm still a newbie if necessary, I can post my mail id here.
Thanks & regards
Mandar
msk016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 23:47   #2523
BHPian

I have booked the XUV500 W8 and should be delivered next week. Having used Mahindra vehicles for some years now has made me resilient to ASC issues as well as niggles. I have insisted on Bridgestone tyres and would seek your advice if any other detail that I should know while taking delivery or pre-delivery.
Old 26th February 2014, 09:47   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I have booked the XUV500 W8 and should be delivered next week. Having used Mahindra vehicles for some years now has made me resilient to ASC issues as well as niggles. I have insisted on Bridgestone tyres and would seek your advice if any other detail that I should know while taking delivery or pre-delivery.
Congratulations on your booking ! You can go through our PDI checklist which talks extensively about various things/aspects to be aware of before/during delivery.
Old 26th February 2014, 16:16   #2525
BHPian

Hi All,

I bought an XUV500 on 18th Dec 2013 and till now I have had only one issue. I have read this thread *almost completely and I have read someone complaining about wheel corrosion & sticking due to dissimilar metals in contact with each other, however I have not seen any corrosion in my friend's i20 which has alloy wheels.

I observed a lot of corrosion in my car's rear wheel disks. Please see the pics.
Old 26th February 2014, 16:51   #2526
BHPian

Then I took it to the ASS (Anant Cars on Bannerghatta Road) on 24-Feb (day before) and I was initially told by the service adviser that this is very normal in XUV500. Then I showed them a few other XUV500s that were parked adjacent and finally after talking to the service manager, they promptly accepted for replacement of the rear wheel disk.

BTW, this is how the front wheel Disk looks, which they said is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-frontwheel.jpg  

sriram.raghavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 16:53   #2527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
This is rat infestation, immediately place tobacco inside the engine well as inside the vehicle. Thankfully it has not chewed on the wires. To be on the safer side tell them to check all electrical wiring and hoses. Best of luck.

Regards
Sid
Guys i have fixed a electronic rat repellant on my Fortuner ,as i uses the same ones or twice in a month for long drives.Found all ok.

Powers on when IGN is off and vice versa.

http://www.varnacrafts.com
Old 26th February 2014, 16:53   #2528
BHPian

Pics of the rusted rear disks that were replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-rearwheelrust1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-rearwheelrust2.jpg  

sriram.raghavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 20:43   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
Congratulations on your booking ! You can go through our PDI checklist which talks extensively about various things/aspects to be aware of before/during delivery.
Thank you for the help on PDI checklist. It helped me alot. Thanks for sharing.
Old 4th March 2014, 13:47   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Are you sure you've not missed a zero? Whoever I checked with in Bangalore says they charge 2000 at the ASC. If you have installed this, please provide more details.
Nope. It's less than rupees two hundreds only. But I guess it protects only from rats entering the cabin. Obviously, down below the engine bay, there are lots of empty space(s) from where rats can enter in engine bay. A week back, I saw the signs of rats in engine bay (leftovers). I think the mesh protects atleast the electricals and cabin (guess most of the elctricals are below dashboard).
Old 4th March 2014, 16:49   #2531
BHPian

I have come across a product available on internet. It is called Varnasuraksha car ultrasonic rodent repellent. The website is www.varnasuraksha.in .
Any members who would have tried this in the past and how effective is it ?

PS : I have no commercial association with the above company, its dealers or products. I have provided the details as a end consumer.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:22   #2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibu View Post
Download from here(valid only for 7 days): http://wikisend.com/download/657996/...___Maintenance Manual_Rev1.pdf
Hi Shibu,

Could you kindly email me the manual. Have been an XUV owner now for over an year :-)

My email ID is onyxgaze @ gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2014, 19:24   #2533
BHPian

I was at the accessories outlet today and was looking at options to have better quality audio output in my new XUV. I would not want to change the base unit even though it is nippon make only for the reason that aloads of features are connected and do not want to mess with it.

I seek advice on speakers, amplifiers and woofer with same Nippon source unit.. Suggestions please.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:16   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I was at the accessories outlet today and was looking at options to have better quality audio output in my new XUV. I would not want to change the base unit even though it is Nippon make only for the reason that aloads of features are connected and do not want to mess with it.

I seek advice on speakers, amplifiers and woofer with same Nippon source unit.. Suggestions please.
I was in the same dilemma as you are. I finally got only the front 2 speakers changed for around 6K. No wires cut. When you open the speaker cage , notice the quality of the speakers and the wiring used. I was like . I would highly recommend not installing any tweeters, amp as this might give an excuse to Mahindra to void warranty. With the kind of electronics in the car, I would avoid this.
Old 11th March 2014, 17:00   #2535

Hi,

I just started using torque pro with an obd2 dongle in my Xuv.

Could you advise what finally happened with your diagnosis of the Xuv turbo.

Looks like I am also reading a low turbo boost pressure.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg View Post
HCP,
Thanks for the data. It definitely looks like I have a problem.

SDP,
My interpretation of the graph is same as yours and that is why I think turbo isn't working.

I delayed my trip by a few hours so that the service center can take a look before my long drive monday morning. My RM wasn't picking up the phone and other RMs present there were quite unresponsive. They showed least interest and kept asking me to wait. Meanwhile I saw the driver who did the test drive and I told him his drive seems to have conked off the turbo. He and another driver asked a mechanic to check the vacuum oscillator (not sure what this is) under the air filter. No problem was found. Next the exhaust pipe to turbo was removed and the driver asked the mechanic to start the engine. There was a puff of soot from the turbo and the driver declared turbo was working. I have no idea what this test was. Meanwhile I learn from the mechanic and the drivers that my RM is on leave. They assured me it was fine to go ahead with the long drive. I have covered 300km since then and still no errors have shown up. Sometimes I feel there is some boost but not as strong as it used to be. I haven't had a chance to do any more OBD logging after that. Will try during my return tomorrow.

When the mechanic could not find anything wrong, I asked him to check another vehicle for the turbo whine above 1500rpm. Surprisingly an XUV with about 22k didn't have the sound either. Will update further tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks