Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 13:07   #2671
BHPian

Re: URGENT HELP Required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Yes I do see the Oil light on when I hear the sound. the sound and the oil light usually goes in a minute or two. then it becomes normal again and I drive the car. have tried to explain different technicians and RM from mahindra the same but they are not ready to understand and say that "abhi kaha hai?" don't know how to explain them. so I have taken a video of the same and will show them. hope they will understand it then at least.

also you have said that because of this you had minor scorings on the crankshaft, which were replaced. but how would they know if there is any damage inside the engine due to this oil pump issue? coz it would be really difficult to explain them and make them accept and check the engine for any damage. I doubt they would do anything. I am fed up of the mahindra service staff incompetence, that will think ten times next time before buying any mahindra product!
This is indeed the same issue I came across in my car. The service guys here couldn't figure it out at first, I saw it again and went back. They took a look at it by getting their best guy and he caught it bang on. I spoke to the guy who analysed my car and said the checking for scorings was more like a precautionary step taken to make sure there is no further damage. They could have just replaced the timing case and be done with it and there is no way anyone could have made out about those scorings as they were really minor. But they took a look at it and did the needful

I think it is unfortunate because, the service guys may not have the right expertise to diagnose this issue.

If you want me to explain this issue to them , I can PM you my number. They can talk to me and I can then put them through to M&M area in-charge for Karnataka and through him to the tech guys at both M&M and in my ASC. They should be able to solve this then. Please let me know.

When did you buy the car? Mine is July 2012, want to see if a specific batch of vehicles have this issue or is this a more general problem with the oil pump

Last edited by shrk_18 : 12th June 2014 at 13:14.
shrk_18 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 15:15   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I am fed up of the mahindra service staff incompetence, that will think ten times next time before buying any mahindra product!
High time you got in touch with someone higher up in M&M. Maybe a tweet to Anand Mahindra would also be a good approach. Some of the service staff are really a PITA. And they believe they know every aspect of the car and we owners are fools coming up with unreal problems. What they dont realise is XUV is not the first car or only car most of us owners have owned. We might not be technically sound with the issues but we also have some common sense to identify when there is a problem.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 16:21   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I suspect oil pump issue as well. Don't use the car if the oil light comes on. It means that the oil is not being circulated properly. As a result the parts are not getting lubricated and will get damaged. Hence the rough sound when you start the car.

If not attended to it will lead to engine seizure and will be extremely painful to fix.
I am avoiding to use the car at present and called my RM and he said he will send someone to check the car tomorrow at my place. hopefully he'll understand and the issue will be solved. I hope that theres no engine damage till now because of this issue coz it will be difficult to explain them and fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This is indeed the same issue I came across in my car. The service guys here couldn't figure it out at first, I saw it again and went back. They took a look at it by getting their best guy and he caught it bang on. I spoke to the guy who analysed my car and said the checking for scorings was more like a precautionary step taken to make sure there is no further damage. They could have just replaced the timing case and be done with it and there is no way anyone could have made out about those scorings as they were really minor. But they took a look at it and did the needful

I think it is unfortunate because, the service guys may not have the right expertise to diagnose this issue.

If you want me to explain this issue to them , I can PM you my number. They can talk to me and I can then put them through to M&M area in-charge for Karnataka and through him to the tech guys at both M&M and in my ASC. They should be able to solve this then. Please let me know.

When did you buy the car? Mine is July 2012, want to see if a specific batch of vehicles have this issue or is this a more general problem with the oil pump
Thanks a lot man. will let you know if they are unable to understand the issue. will also ask them to check for scoring of crankshaft apart from the oil pump and timing case. once again thanks a lot buddy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
High time you got in touch with someone higher up in M&M. Maybe a tweet to Anand Mahindra would also be a good approach. Some of the service staff are really a PITA. And they believe they know every aspect of the car and we owners are fools coming up with unreal problems. What they dont realise is XUV is not the first car or only car most of us owners have owned. We might not be technically sound with the issues but we also have some common sense to identify when there is a problem.

FundaG
as I mentioned above, the service guy is gonna come to check the car tomorrow so lets see what happens tomorrow. otherwise will have to get in touch with the higher authority and if need be even Anand Mahindra.

its just painful to face such problem in just a years and a halfs time in a car costing 15 lacs! and then the service staff are not able to help you out and you are helpless! just disappointing. this is where the Japs and Koreans are way ahead i think. and this is the only reason i think I might just settle for a hyundai for my second car.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 20:46   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post

Sorry missed this earlier as answered from office...
My car was delivered in Oct' 2012. Dont remember the manufacturing date now. Had checked then during the delivery. But maybe a month or two earlier at max.

Last edited by magikrider : 12th June 2014 at 20:47.
Old 13th June 2014, 07:16   #2675
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Magikrider,

Sorry to hear about the issue that has cropped up in your car. I do believe that its the same issue (intermittently failing oil-pump) that Sid and Shrk_18 faced. Please do go through Sid's thread in detail as that would help you to explain the issue better to the service personnel. The fix is a extremely labour-intensive job and don't be surprised if the service-staff aren't very keen to do it unless they are 100% sure about the problem. As Tanveer correctly observed, they would rather wait for the engine to fail completely.

The Area-Service-Manager's number if typically displayed at the service center. That's a position that looks after Mumbai+Thane I guess and you should connect if your concerns are falling on deaf ears at the service center.

I am in Mumbai. Have shared my number on PM. Do reach out if I can be of any help.

reagrds
SDP

EDIT: It would be extremely helpful for this community of owners if you can please take photos when they investigate the issue and parts. Also please get part numbers and check if the oil-pump has a new design now.

Last edited by SDP : 13th June 2014 at 07:23.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 14:14   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Anyone facing problem with the remote of head entertainment unit. I have a 2 month old XUV w8 and the remote is not working. I told at service center twice but didn't get a solution.

Now RM Mr. Pratap at Auto World Jaipur is saying me that I'll have to leave my XUV for two days for this problem so that they diagnose it and repair it. No they dont want to keep only the remote but whole car.

I mean come on Mahindra, TWO DAYS?? Really shocked at this.

Got the XUV serviced last week, first free service at 5000 kms. There was no major problem. Did a 2200kms long drive to Dalhousie and Dharamshala and didnt faced any major issue and the car performed exceptionally good. There were few small issues which were mentioned in job card like:

1) Remote not working,
2) Outside smell coming in even in close mode
3) AC foul smell on turning it of and keeping blowers on,
4) Rubbing of the left door handle as I got it repaired and painted 10 days back
5) Wanted to turn on the reverse beep.

To my surprise none of these issues were corrected on delivery. Which creates doubt whether they checked all the points of first service too or not. (They had no clue about the reverse beep). The RMs at the time of delivery say please give us good points in the survey from company, we will do it next time. You can give once but not again and again.

Earlier also when I got the door handle replaced (as it broke in a small accident), the paint quality was worse than the local painters on street. There was dust inside paint and a clear visible big bubble like defect, on complaining they said that it will go in rubbing. It was 5.30 Pm and nothing I could do. Then I observed thin gap between the handle and body, I asked the RM, he said it is like that only but when I saw other handles there was a rubber lining which was missing in the newly replaced handle. I checked the part box and there were two linings there which showed they missed it while putting. So I insisted them to put that and I wont take delivery without it, to which they did the whole thing again. And at the end they say please give us good points.

Please advice guys should I leave my car there for two days so that they can repair the remote?
Old 27th June 2014, 14:26   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Please advice guys should I leave my car there for two days so that they can repair the remote?
So is the complaint with the remote or the system. Did you try with another remote. I dont think the remotes are system specific. Correct me if I am wrong. If its working, then the issue is with the remote for which you can ask for a new piece rather than getting it repaired. If your system is working properly, dont see a reason why they need your car for even half a day to check out the remote.

FundaG
Old 27th June 2014, 14:40   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
You can start with checking the battery on the remote.

Turn on your cell phone camera, point the remote sensor towards the phone camera, hit a few buttons, check for flashes on the phone display from the infra red sensor. In some way, this will confirm that the remote works.

Two days is ridiculous to attend to a problem like this.
Old 27th June 2014, 17:30   #2679
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for input. I dont think there is any problem with the system. It has got to do something with remote only. It feels he is trying to hush his customers away by saying such ridiculous extended time.

After all the effort the company in paying for customer satisfaction it feels bad to see some dealer staff spoiling the game.

I'll go at a watch store and get the battery checked first.
Old 27th June 2014, 23:30   #2680
BHPian

I would like to know if XUV accelerates smoothly beyond 100 ? For me till 100/110 the acceleration is fine but beyond that it seems that it struggles a bit.

Am I expecting too much or there is something wrong here.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2014 at 17:18.
Old 28th June 2014, 07:34   #2681
BHPian

The day before yesterday, I drove my colleague's brand new XUV W8 (2 months). It was brilliant to drive.

A couple of things I noticed relative to my civic
1. The first gear is very limited in its top speed (about 5-10 kmph as opposed to 15-20kmph). While I will not be driving a vehicle in the first gear all the time, I wonder how this would be in stop and go traffic?
2. There is a ramp to enter the parking lot of our office. In my civic, I usually start off in 2nd gear from stand-still and can still move comfortably up the ramp. When I tried the same thing with the XUV, I ended up stalling it. I had to move back to first and then go into second. Is this true of all XUVs?
3. I couldnt figure out if the HDC and HH features were actually working? Is there anything I need to switch on to make them work? I was under the impression that these came on automatically.

Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 07:56   #2682
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
The day before yesterday, I drove my colleague's brand new XUV W8 (2 months). It was brilliant to drive.

A couple of things I noticed relative to my civic
1. The first gear is very limited in its top speed (about 5-10 kmph as opposed to 15-20kmph). While I will not be driving a vehicle in the first gear all the time, I wonder how this would be in stop and go traffic?
The XUV can be taken to 20kmph in first gear, but that happens around 2000 rpm and the increase in speed is so gradual with the rpm, that you lose patience. Also the engine note at 2000rpm in first gear is not pleasant, its almost like the engine is complaining. Most owners shift to 2nd as soon as the vehicle starts moving and reaches 10-12kmph @1250rpm.
If you look at the manual, M&M suggests that you shift to second at 20kmph. If you are not able to reach 20kmph in first, you should get it checked. But I doubt, there would be any problem in this area.

Quote:
2. There is a ramp to enter the parking lot of our office. In my civic, I usually start off in 2nd gear from stand-still and can still move comfortably up the ramp. When I tried the same thing with the XUV, I ended up stalling it. I had to move back to first and then go into second. Is this true of all XUVs?
Why compare two vehicles which are from two different segments and have entirely different gear-ratios?

Quote:
...3. I couldnt figure out if the HDC and HH features were actually working? Is there anything I need to switch on to make them work? I was under the impression that these came on automatically.
Hill-Hold-Control (HHC) is automatic and can not be switched off. Hill-Descent-Control (HDC) is a user-selected function and there is a switch for it in the bottom-most row of the switch-bank.

HHC is tricky initially if you have not read the manual. For Hill-Hold-Control to kick in, when you come to a stop on an incline, you need to press the clutch all the way down (pedal to the metal). Try it next time.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 08:05   #2683
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I ended up stalling it.
I too experienced it. I always engage the first gear to move.

Quote:
I couldnt figure out if the HDC
You have to press the HDC button to activate it.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-hdcswitch.jpg

Quote:
HH feature
Hill-hold feature works automatically; there is no need to activate it.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 28th June 2014 at 08:29.

Old 28th June 2014, 11:46   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
How is the in-cabin noise in those speeds compared to, say Innova?
I would say faaaar better than swift and xylo. Dont have much idea about innova, haven't driven that fast.
Old 28th June 2014, 22:43   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
In my last trip I felt that I have to push the pedal hard to go beyond 120kmph in 5 th gear. And as far as I remember the RPM was around 2000. Also there was clear vibration in the steering around 120 kmph. This was after the wheel balancing and alignment was done prior to the trip.
Any idea what can affect the smooth acceleration to higher speeds ? It is not that I like to drive at these speeds but it's just to ensure that there is nothing which is preventing a higher speed when needed.
If you want the surge from 120kmph , you cant get it in 5th gear . Even sometimes 4th is not enough. Downshift to 3rd and feel the difference. 4th , 5th , 6th are overdrive gear used for smooth crusing . It doesn't mean that these gears are slow, it cruises to higher speed gradually and smoothy. If you want sudden surge to overtake , downshift to 3rd.
Even I too feel the slight vibrations around 120kmph even after balancing the front wheels. Maybe balancing the rear wheels also might clear the vibration ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks