Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 23:26   #2731
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : As per the earlier note, please do NOT take the thread off-topic for your own benefit.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd July 2014 at 16:27.
fundagenie is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd July 2014, 01:59   #2732

I bought home my XUV exactly 4 months back,White W6 variant. Bought it from India Garage at St Marks road,Bangalore.Buying experience was pretty satisfactory.
I purchased a set of 5 alloy wheels, head rest monitors & illuminated scuff plates from them and got car mats,side claddings,car cover & an ambipur as free accessories from them.
Drove 5380Kms as of now and I have to say that I am very very happy with the XUV so far.It has lived up to all my expectations.Went twice to Kerala, Ooty,and a recent trip to Srisailam near Hyderabad,couple of trips to Nandi hills,Mysore etc and still "Ye dil mange more"
Now a few upsetting parts of the whole experience
The "free"side cladding's were fixed by them in such a hurry that it was mis-aligned.They even used some kind of an adhesive which was all over the surrounding areas(was not visible at the time of delivery but very evident later on)
The headrest monitors felt very flimsy from day one and wouldn't read a dvd during my first visit to Kerala.
During delivery the sales adviser Mr Shiva did explain in detail all about Purple Club which sounded very rosy-rosy and told me that I will be assigned a Relationship Manager shortlyand would be calling me soon.That never happened and even i dint bother to check.
In the mean time got a customer survey call from M&M asking about my experience so far and i did narrate.The very next day i get a call from the sales adviser with apologies and promises to look into all the issues.I was assigned an RM then and there,and his contact number shared.
After reaching Bangalore went to India Garage to get the issues fixed .Headrest monitor had a few loose connections and was fixed back by the accessories guys and reg the cladding's they just refused to acknowledge that its mis aligned and the adhesive part they told me to wash the car and use something like petrol to wipe it off.Luckily another XUV came into the parking yard and i could show them the perfectly done claddings for which they hesitantly removed one of the cladding's and fixed it back using some adhesive again spilling it all over around.I dint want to experiment further and left the place expressing my dismay but thanking them.
Came back home and called up my Personal RM Mr Umesh at India garage work shop at Whitefield for my introduction and the cladding issue.He asked me to get the vehicle to the garage for an inspection for which i thankfully refused and suggested to do it during 1st service.
Then finally came the 1st service day.Instead of using their pick up and drop facility i thought of visiting the place myself since i have a "Personal RM and i could explain things (had a few other minor niggles as well like gears being hard,outside smell coming in,instrument cluster and seats making noise etc) better to the RM and to top it all one of the head rest monitors legs got unscrewed and fell into the groove holding it.So now i had a hanging head rest.
Called the RM at 9am in the morning and requested for a service slot.He said he is driving and would call me back which never happened so when i called him back again after half an hour he said even though its a busy day he would accommodate me in.
When i reached there and told the receptionist that I am there for 1st service and would like to see Mr RM She said "Mr Umesh doesn't attend free services.He attends to only paid service cars".I felt shocked and i told her that i need to meet him because he is my PRM and showed her a flex board in her own office depicting
http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/thepurpleclub.htm
Then she said she would call Mr Umesh and asked me to wait at the customer lounge.I waited for more than half an hour and checked with her again.She said she has informed him already and he is on his way.Waited again for 15-20 mins and called Mr RM on his mobile for which he replied he is on his way.Next half an hour went past looking around and i saw there were a couple of guys in India garage uniform just casually attending to walk-in customers promptly.after an hour or so went back to the receptionist and asked her again for which she replies "Mr Umesh is here already" and points out to a guy who was already there some 15 mins back
casually attending walk-in customers and completely ignoring me. I politely turned back to the receptionist and asked her "Why is he not attending my car?I had been waiting for more than an hour now" for which she again replied that i have told him already he does only paid service,(Specially trained in money making is it?) and which was very evident by then.
I said "OK now what ever dont need any PRM or RM,just send any one.I am getting late and need to get my car serviced.Then she called upon Mr Sinu And Mr Sujith Thomas to look into my case.Both very courteous,Promised to look into all my issues.The side cladding's they agreed was not fixed properly but said a replacement is possible only from the sales side as they were the ones who fixed it.Called the sales guy Mr Shiva again who after a few discussions with some one said "please get the car back to showroom and we will fix it" I had enough of it and i said its the same "India Garage" "Why cant you guys sort it among yourselves?After all its your mistake".For which Shiva said "Sorry sir I can help you only if you come to the showroom". I told myself i had enough and told the Mr Sinu to fix new cladding's and i will pay for them.
Headrest monitor even though it is a genuine Mahindra accessory bought from the dealer itself,its actually someone from outside who deals with it.Again another round of calls to him to get the monitor fixed and finally he turns up and takes the monitor with him saying he has to open it and fix it and blah blah and even though its under warranty it might be broken and hence i will have to pay and could be home delivered but only after 2 days.I hardly played a movie on that,and paid close to 25000 rs for that thing.
The car is still at India garage and i have to pick it up tomorrow morning.I really hope they have done a good job.
Sorry for such a long post but really frustrating.
Why promise RM's and PRM's if you cant live up to it?
Why approve such flimsy accessories for such a rugged vehicle?
Why do lousy jobs just because its free?
ratheeshba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:02   #2733
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
One answer to your long and evidently frustrated post (reasonably so). You are too much of a gentleman.

You paid them for a job and they made a mess of it (whether in fixing the cladding or in giving you a headrest that's broken from day-1). And still you agreed to every such unreasonable term they dished out to you again? Buy new cladding, pay for repairing a headrest thats in warranty! WHich world have you come from my friend?

I won't even suggest you to write to M&M customer care and the higher ups at this stage. Just go back to them and lay down a few terms of your own. Tell them that the car is hardly a few months old. And I am having all these issues with the vehicle and the accessories you sold. Either you fix it and give it back to me with the due apologies or else I figure out my next course. Please take your pick. If they still insist on all such ridiculous terms as earlier then think of taking the next step.

One suggestion here. If you really end up writing to the M&M cust service exec or any other senior person please write a crisp email. That works far better than writing a lengthy email that causes panic for the exec just by its sheer size and volume.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:29   #2734
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Off-topic posts deleted. Please ensure your posts are within the scope of the thread title. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:36   #2735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
cladding's they just refused to acknowledge that its mis aligned and the adhesive part they told me to wash the car and use something like petrol to wipe it off.
Ratheesh, while getting the cladding refitted it would be better if you are able to keen an eye. I had a similar issue with glue spilled all over around Mahindra badging on boot lid. I had asked them to get it cleaned during PDI, while I went to get delivery I noticed glue mark still present and asked the sales guy to get it removed.

The cleaning guy promptly arrived with an oil soaked cloth, I guess it was diesel and rubbed off the glue effortlessly (this is the same solution they suggesting for you too). It was looking all fine then and I was busy checking other areas. Later noticed that they have removed not just the glue but part of clear coat too. I have now asked them to get the whole lid repainted for which they are dragging their feet ( need to go over to showroom this weekend).

This was at Anant cars Bannerghatta road Bangalore. Should mention that they were very polite and readily acknowledge the fact that it was caused by them. However this was an issue which could have easily been avoided in the first place.
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:38   #2736
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to own an XUV5OO in next couple of months, I would like to know whether the existing niggles have been solved or not. Basically I would like to know about the below mentioned niggles which have been faced by the existing owners till now:

1. Is the headlight bulb conking off issue resolved?
2. Is the reverse horn which used to break inside the bonnet resolved? I believe it was due to some misplacement of clamps. Please correct me if I am wrong
3. Does the braking issue still persist in 2014 manufactured vehicles?

Also I would like to know, does it make sense to install DVD players on the headrests, since I believe if the vehicle is moving the ICE does not play videos.

Request all your support on finalizing my dream vehicle at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:06   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
The car is still at India garage and i have to pick it up tomorrow morning.I really hope they have done a good job.
Just send a sarcastic tweet to AM thanking his dealers for the "fantastic" service and see how they run behind you and solve everything !!!
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:38   #2738
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am planning to own an XUV5OO in next couple of months
Advance congratulations and best wishes, fusionbang.

Quote:
My 7,400 km and 6 month old XUV 500 of 2013-November make has not faced this issue so far. Hope, the same will continue in future too.

Quote:
2. Is the reverse horn which used to break inside the bonnet resolved?
I have muted the reverse buzzer as I consider it to be a nuisance, disturbing the neighbourhood as my journey usually start at the late hours and end at the early hours of the day. Anyway, it was found working, when I last tested!

Quote:
The braking is adequate for me. However, since XUV 500 is a heavy-weight champion, the braking distance is slightly more than that of sedans and hatch-backs, I think. But, I have not faced any problem so far.

Quote:
I believe if the vehicle is moving the ICE does not play videos.
Yes, the stock OE DVD player does not play videos, when the vehicle moves, perhaps due to safety concerns and/or mandatory regulations.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd July 2014 at 17:43.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:50   #2739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Advance congratulations and best wishes, fusionbang.
Thank you very much sir:-) will catch up with you once you are back from your leh trip and before buying.

Quote:
I have muted the reverse buzzer as I consider it to be a nuisance, disturbing the neighbourhood as my journey usually start at the late hours and end at the early hours of the day. Anyway, it was found working, when I last tested!
Is that a option to mute it one time or can we unmute it whenever required. IMO it would be required when you are reversing on a street on to a main road, where people tend to turn quickly into the road.

Quote:
Yes, the stock OE DVD player does not play videos, when the vehicle moves, perhaps due to safety concerns and/or mandatory regulations.
Is it only the stock OE player or the one's installed on head rests also?

And you know what, I was expecting your response in the first place and also was going through your ownership thread and I am in love with the purple cheetah. My color preference would be purple, red and silver.

Sir, I have one more question to you. Why did you opt to get the vehicle on last day of the year? Any particular reason behind it?

Last edited by fusionbang : 22nd July 2014 at 17:52.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:03   #2740
J.Ravi

Quote:
will catch up with you once you are back from your leh trip and before buying.
Sure, you are welcome, fusionbang.

Quote:
Is that a option to mute it one time or can we unmute it whenever required.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-muteunmute.jpg

Quote:
IMO it would be required when you are reversing on a street on to a main road, where people tend to turn quickly into the road.
For me, reverse camera/sensors, ORVMs and IRVM are sufficient.

Quote:
Is it only the stock OE player or the one's installed on head rests also?
I don't know. My XUV 500 has the stock, factory-fitted DVD player.

Quote:
Why did you opt to get the vehicle on last day of the year? Any particular reason behind it?
Because, the cash-discount was the highest at that time and price-hike was imminent in the new year.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd July 2014 at 18:05.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:05   #2741
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planning to own an XUV5OO in next couple of months, I would like to know whether the existing niggles have been solved or not. Basically I would like to know about the below mentioned niggles which have been faced by the existing owners till now:

2. Is the reverse horn which used to break inside the bonnet resolved? I believe it was due to some misplacement of clamps. Please correct me if I am wrong

Also I would like to know, does it make sense to install DVD players on the headrests, since I believe if the vehicle is moving the ICE does not play videos.

Request all your support on finalizing my dream vehicle at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance
1. Yes, there is a new wiring harness which seems to take care of the issue and should already be in production.
2. The security siren falling off issue is resolved and the design change is already in production for more than a year now.
3. If you are talking about the grinding noise from brake-pads, yes even that has been resolved quite some time back.

Please have a look at the build and material quality of the DVD player with screen integrated in headrest that is offered by M&M. I found them to be of quite poor quality. Buying a couple of iPads or an aftermarket roof-mounted screen and DVD player might be a better option.

Wish you all the best and advance welcome to the XUV owner's club.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:16   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Wish you all the best and advance welcome to the XUV owner's club.
Thank you very much SDP I am just waiting how soon I will be able to get my hand's on this machine. Also I wish I will have a niggle free car and enjoy my ownership.
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:21   #2743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess most of your query has been answered and also I am a newbie owner (~2500 KM's), however like you I too had did a fair amount of research about the earlier issues.
This is what I made out-

1. There is a new bulb and wiring harness which is supposed to solve the issue. 2014 owners have not complained about the issues till now, hope it is fixed.
2. I guess it was theft alarm hooter and not reverse horn. However, that issue is fixed with new hooter clamp and an aluminium cladding for the belt.
3. Earlier posts had mentioned about squeaky breaks which was later resolved by upgraded pads. I find the breaking adequate, however the break pedal lacks feel and needs time getting used to.

Other issues which was present in earlier variants related to wheel alignment, clutch failure, power steering fluid leakage also are not reported by owners of new variants.

However one issue which concerns me is failure of oil pump which is reported by few owners of earlier models (~2012). I am hoping this is an issue with certain batch of pumps since later owners have not reported the same.
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:29   #2744
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
2. I guess it was theft alarm hooter and not reverse horn.
There is a reverse buzzer too. India Garage activated it without informing me during the first free service. I muted it again using the key fob.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:37   #2745
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
...2. I guess it was theft alarm hooter and not reverse horn. However, that issue is fixed with new hooter clamp and an aluminium cladding for the belt.
Its the same physical hooter which is used for security alarm as well as reversing.

Quote:
However one issue which concerns me is failure of oil pump which is reported by few owners of earlier models (~2012). I am hoping this is an issue with certain batch of pumps since later owners have not reported the same.
The numbers are very small. I was at NBS International service center in Mumbai last week. Its a HUGE facility and handles a lot of XUVs even on weekdays. But even they have not faced a oil-pump failure complaint till now right from the launch of XUV almost 3 years back.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd July 2014 at 18:39.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks