Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 00:37   #2791
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

It does read mp3 files from the folders.
Off-late I have started observing that sometimes the system fails to read the entire contents of the drive and sometimes it reads just fine.
Somebody else facing this problem too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I am seeing that the infotainment system in XUV does not read from folders in a USB drive..is that normal?
Old 5th September 2014, 09:12   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post

Off-late I have started observing that sometimes the system fails to read the entire contents of the drive and sometimes it reads just fine.

I did a reformat of my usb and it is reading folders now

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 5th September 2014, 09:40   #2793
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
The system can not handle large complex directory structures. It sometimes also struggles with more than 40-50 songs in one single directory. Best to stick to 8GB or lower capacity pen-drives and have a single layer directory structure.
Old 5th September 2014, 15:15   #2794
BHPian

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue, the headlight at High and Low beam is not giving any difference. But when I pull up the stick to dipper position, the High beam is achieved. What can be the potential issue ?
Old 5th September 2014, 16:14   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Hi,

I am facing a strange issue, the headlight at High and Low beam is not giving any difference. But when I pull up the stick to dipper position, the High beam is achieved. What can be the potential issue ?
Check if its in Autolamp mode. If in autolamp only low beam will work and high beam will work only for flashing purpose.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 19:03   #2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you J.Ravi,
I just connected my OBDII and used a free app to check this out. it seems, mine is not in great condition it seems. I need to check with the RM. I was expecting longer than 2 years form this battery, it seems its the start/stop which may have caused the battery to die early!! or do you think about 2 years is the life of this battery! Here are the two of them, one is recorded without engine running and the second is with engine running.
Hey Ketan, where did u pickup the OBDII & how much did it cost u?
Tks
Old 7th September 2014, 19:39   #2797
BHPian

Hi Guys! After owning an SX4 ZXi for almost 6 years, I suddenly feel this need to own an SUV/MUV, and heart is oscillating between XUV 500 w8 FWD and Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2. Have test driven the XUV w8, and am waiting for the Storme TD. The mahindra guys who camel along with the TD vehicle promised that all electrical issues of the earlier vehicles have been sorted out in the latest production model.
The help I need from the owners and experts of TBHP is to help me decide is XUV is the way to go? or is it better to stick to the full grown time tested "real SUV" safari storme?In case mahindra havent been able to sort the issues out, i am willing to stick to the plain jane safari.
Oh and by the way, i am not at all into off-roading, have an elderly mom-in-law at home who has arthritis (so getting into vehicle is of importance, as is seating in 2nd row).

waiting for inputs.

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 7th September 2014 at 19:40. Reason: spelling errors
Old 8th September 2014, 11:10   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi Guys! After owning an SX4 ZXi for almost 6 years, I suddenly feel this need to own an SUV/MUV, and heart is oscillating between XUV 500 w8 FWD and Tata Safari Storme VX 4x2. Have test driven the XUV w8, and am waiting for the Storme TD. The mahindra guys who camel along with the TD vehicle promised that all electrical issues of the earlier vehicles have been sorted out in the latest production model.
The help I need from the owners and experts of TBHP is to help me decide is XUV is the way to go? or is it better to stick to the full grown time tested "real SUV" safari storme?In case mahindra havent been able to sort the issues out, i am willing to stick to the plain jane safari.
Oh and by the way, i am not at all into off-roading, have an elderly mom-in-law at home who has arthritis (so getting into vehicle is of importance, as is seating in 2nd row).
waiting for inputs.
With your requirements it is XUV5OO which fits the bill, specially when you need and easy ingress and since have no off-roading requirements it would be better for you to go for a crossover (XUV5OO) rather than a SUV (Storme). The alternatives are the Ertiga, Innova and the likes.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:16   #2799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanju Bedi View Post
Hey Ketan, where did u pickup the OBDII & how much did it cost u?
Tks
I got it from dx.com it was for about 10$ if I remember it right. Search for it on dx, you may have more options available now.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 14:55   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
waiting for inputs.
Coming from a Suzuki, I'd stick to a Renault or Nissan. Sure they don't offer the equipment of the XUV or that big feeling of an SUV.

I won't say anything about the Tata but after reading everything that's on this very thread, the XUV is a vehicle that has some way to go when it comes to the reliability index.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:49   #2801
BHPian

Hi

I completed around 8K Kms till now, no major issues.

During my long drive last week, i noticed that there is a "Engine oil low pressure" indicator beeping up very frequently. I pulled the vehicle to the road side and checked the manual and even called the SA, he asked me to check the engine oil, it is almost close to the Max mark. So SA asked me to continue my journey and asked to bring the vehicle for inspection when i am back.
I continued my journey but the beep keeps on coming. I am yet to take vehicle to Service center, but after that day I am not seeing this beep.

Any of you experienced similar issue?
Old 9th September 2014, 17:16   #2802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
During my long drive last week, i noticed that there is a "Engine oil low pressure" indicator beeping up very frequently.
Don't want to alarm you, however similar issue reported earlier by few members turned out to be a faulty pump. Causing engine replacement.

I guess it is best to take the vehicle to service center immediately.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 15:16   #2803
BHPian

How does the alert option in the infotainment screen works. I am not seeing anything there even if I keep my doors or hood open

Old 14th September 2014, 15:55   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
How does the alert option in the infotainment screen works. I am not seeing anything there even if I keep my doors or hood open

Q. Are you driving with the door or hood open?

It only alerts when you are driving with the door or hood open.

It is also supposed to give warnings when:
- brake pads are worn out
- low brake fluid
- water in fuel
- and in case the vehicle is due for service
Old 14th September 2014, 18:20   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Q. Are you driving with the door or hood open?

It only alerts when you are driving with the door or hood open.

It is also supposed to give warnings when:
- brake pads are worn out
- low brake fluid
- water in fuel
- and in case the vehicle is due for service
Thanks... Did not realize that I have to pick up some speed for the system to show alerts.
Also sms read out feature - is this mobile dependent?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks