Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:38   #2746
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
2. I guess it was theft alarm hooter and not reverse horn.
IMO its the same hooter which serves the purpose of the reverse horn as well. In my santro xing the same hooter works as both alarm hooter and the reverse horn.

Quote:
However one issue which concerns me is failure of oil pump which is reported by few owners of earlier models (~2012). I am hoping this is an issue with certain batch of pumps since later owners have not reported the same.
I have not come across any owner listing the oil pump issue recently, and I think it is a very rare case. Hopefully it is taken care now.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:20   #2747

Got my car back from India garage.Feels very smooth to drive now after the 1st service.They did take care of all the issues.My bill came up to 5200 (including a new set of claddings) and the broken headrest was home-delivered.Had to pay 1800 for it as the third party vendor said it was broken and doesn't cover under warranty. India garage was below average on the car cleaning dept.My seats had a few grease stains.They dint even put basic paper mats during delivery. Had to tell them to buff my car just before delivery as it was full of water marks.
But whatever said and done, wonderful product from Mahindra.I am already planning my Kuttalam trip:-)
Will try Sireesh next time for service and update.
Have written to purple club reg all the issues .Lets see.
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:51   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
Don't even bother doing that, you will regret it. My experiences with them were bad. IG is still ok I guess, used to be a whole lot better than what you have mentioned here. May be they have degraded too. Depending on where you stay consider Chrome Motors (somewhere near Audugodi) which has a new service centre for XUV's and they have a good reputation of servicing Scorpios or Anant Cars on Bannerghatta Road. They are a little slow, but yeah do a good job with your vehicle
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:15   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
Got my car back from India garage.Feels very smooth to drive now after the 1st service.They did take care of all the issues.My bill came up to 5200 (including a new set of claddings) and the broken headrest was home-delivered.Had to pay 1800 for it as the third party vendor said it was broken and doesn't cover under warranty. India garage was below average on the car cleaning dept.My seats had a few grease stains.They dint even put basic paper mats during delivery. Had to tell them to buff my car just before delivery as it was full of water marks.
But whatever said and done, wonderful product from Mahindra.I am already planning my Kuttalam trip:-)
Have written to purple club reg all the issues .Lets see.
Just a quick question, Does the DVD screen on your headrests and ICE play video while the vehicle is in motion. As per Mahindra the ICE does not play videos when it is moving. Can you please let me know how does it work in your car? Any modifications done to the ICE?
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:11   #2750

The headrest monitor is a separate unit all together. It could be played any time. It takes DVD, USB,memory card etc. I connect it to the ICE via radio frequency or via aux. Mine is a W6 variant so the dash screen is only for reverse sensing, displaying MP3 song names and phone book.
ratheeshba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:25   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I wish I will have a niggle free car and enjoy my ownership.
The new ones have reported very few issues compared to what was 2 years back

Haven't seen any car which is 100 percent niggle free

I have covered 25K in city driving and about 4K on highway (2 Mumbai - Rajasthan trips) and most issues faced were small enough to live with, till you get time to get it fixed

You can check some of the long term reviews of XUV as well to see that issues , while major or minor have been sorted out
vaibhavdalal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 10:29   #2752
BHPian

Hi
Mine is a Nov-2013 model. completed 5K service last month from Ananth cars. service is satisfactory but encountered with few minor issues.
1. Reverse Gear lever getting stuck on top.
2. Delay in breaking.
3. 1st & 2nd Gear slotting issue.
Visited service center couple of days back and after a short test drive, SA agreed and got this repaired with free of cost with free Monsoon wash
Along with this 5K service, raised a request for key replacement as the locking mechanism of the flip key is not working. It is covered under warranty.

Now facing one more issue- when touched a speed of 110KMPH I observed that the steering wheel is vibrating a lot. Gone through some threads here and understood that this problem is because of wheel balancing.
Anyone faced similar issue earlier for your XUV..?
Old 28th July 2014, 11:45   #2753
BHPian

Hello,
My cousin is planning to buy a SUV, So he called Sireesh Auto for a XUV 500 test drive. Sales executive showed up yesterday with the W8 variant test vehicle. After the test drive I just turned off the ignition and heard some strange noise (Keeee) inside the cabin and I asked the sales guy about the noise which is coming when the key is in “ON” position, he said it is coming from the ECU and noise is there in every XUV vehicle.

Is it really true that strange noise is there in every XUV 500?
Old 28th July 2014, 11:56   #2754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Hello,
After the test drive I just turned off the ignition and heard some strange noise (Keeee) inside the cabin and I asked the sales guy about the noise which is coming when the key is in “ON” position, he said it is coming from the ECU and noise is there in every XUV vehicle.
I don't think ECU makes any noise. I too have noticed a noise coming from behind center console, earlier comments in this thread mentions that it is the fan of Infotainment system.

It is similar to the fan sound when you switch on any desktop system.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 19:53   #2755
hps

No there is supposed to be no sound on turning the ignition off. Though, there us some sound when you lock the vehicle, that is from the closing of the motorized side mirrors.

I suggest you take a test ride from another dealership too. To clear the doubt.
Old 28th July 2014, 21:35   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
My cousin is planning to buy a SUV, So he called Sireesh Auto for a XUV 500 test drive. Sales executive showed up yesterday with the W8 variant test vehicle. After the test drive I just turned off the ignition and heard some strange noise (Keeee) inside the cabin and I asked the sales guy about the noise which is coming when the key is in “ON” position, he said it is coming from the ECU and noise is there in every XUV vehicle.

There are two things that would have produced the noise,
  1. Infotainment System fan. This has been fixed with a software update that controls the fan speed in a better way and should be minimal
  2. A spinning down vacuum modulator. This was in a few vehicles which had a defective vacuum modulator and has been fixed

I guess the test drive vehicle would not have either of the fixes and its one of those noises being heard. Anyway both have been taken care of and not cause of worry

However the reason given as ECU making the noise is just ridiculous
shrk_18 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 11:53   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think ECU makes any noise. I too have noticed a noise coming from behind center console, earlier comments in this thread mentions that it is the fan of Infotainment system.

It is similar to the fan sound when you switch on any desktop system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hps View Post
No there is supposed to be no sound on turning the ignition off. Though, there us some sound when you lock the vehicle, that is from the closing of the motorized side mirrors.

I suggest you take a test ride from another dealership too. To clear the doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
There are two things that would have produced the noise,
  1. Infotainment System fan. This has been fixed with a software update that controls the fan speed in a better way and should be minimal
  2. A spinning down vacuum modulator. This was in a few vehicles which had a defective vacuum modulator and has been fixed
I work in an Automobile company and contacted few people’s works on the ECU and they are really upset by the answer from the Sales executive. As per them ECU doesn't contains any components that can make such a noise.
I heard these sales executives creates their own answers and now experienced it.

Thank you for all the information’s from fellow BHPins mpksuhas, hps and shrk_18, I will go for the PDI and inspect for any kind noise inside the Cabin.
mnvvishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 18:40   #2758
BHPian

Have been regularly getting -
Back Door Open warning

got it fixed thrice at G3 - Goregaon mumbai but keeps on reoccurring :(

Is there any way of disabling the sensor / any idea where is it located
Old 30th July 2014, 17:41   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Have been regularly getting -
Back Door Open warning

got it fixed thrice at G3 - Goregaon mumbai but keeps on reoccurring :(

Is there any way of disabling the sensor / any idea where is it located
Open the rear door and look for a black plastic cap/bump on the body of the car, that is the sensor. Dont disable it, just cut a small piece of thick card board (could be from a notebook etc) and paste it on top of that sensor either using gum or a tape. Thats it, it will work.

I did this when my bonnet sensor used to give me headache like this, so instead of going to service center and waist my time, i used this DIY and waited for regular service interval to get this corrected.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 01:10   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

There is same noise in my April 2014 XUV. I was told that it is the fan behind infotainment system and they cant correct it. I checked in another New XUV, the noise sounds like a fan (something similar to laptop fan noise when it get too hot). It turns on as soon as the infotainment system turns on and stays till the time it is turned off. Very annoying sometimes.
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks