Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 12:56   #2446
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Your RM or whoever gave you that info is giving a bucket load of crap. The "blue bulbs" are the stock bulbs on the XUV which are Philips Blue Vision bulbs. There have been issues with this bulb fusing too fast, hence M&M came up with recommendation of using Osram bulbs. These are long life bulbs from Osram ( I have a picture but can't access it now) which has the part number 1701AAA06141N on M&M inventory database.
You are right. They indeed installed "Osram long life bulbs", as mentioned in my Invoice. They charged me Rs. 250/-.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:11   #2447
BHPian

My cruise control won't work. Pressing the + button doesn't do anything. Sometimes pressing the - buttons brings up the cruise control. Sometimes pressing the cruiseoff button brings up cruise control. And it disengages on its own without any input from the driver.
Took the SS and they mentioned the fault is with the switch which apparently was shown in the error logs as 'Key Stuck' or something like that. An order for replacing the full switch is done, but order hasn't reached them as yet. Apparently this is 'coz of the stock taking exercise that is ongoing till 20-Jan. The order was placed on 4-Jan.

Let's see what transpires.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 15:05   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
"Life is full of surprises, but never when you need one.”
Bill Watterson
Well my XUV 5oo also reinforces that (6508 Km). I happened to open the front grill of my XUV today to survey the area to place a set of Roots vibrosonic horns, scheduled for tomorrow. I was shocked to see that the horns fitted at the assembly line were not fastened at all (both of them) . The attached video is self explanatory. I am sure they would have experienced Newton law of gravity in a short while from now!!

http://Youtu.be/Gq58A3RlRdo
Removal of the plastic screws (5 of them) was a hard task. It just kept rotating inside the plastic housing. On removing the OE horns I did come across that they were mounted on rubber mountings. This allowed the play. So there is no worry that the horns would fall off. I did get the Roots vibrosonic horns fitted.The original horn mounting plate had to be strengthened so as to bear the weight of the new horns. All inclusive the change over costed Rs 1750.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20140110-10.55.52.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20140110-10.59.05.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20140110-11.18.39.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20140110-11.21.31.jpg  

manipal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:18   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Removal of the plastic screws (5 of them) was a hard task. It just kept rotating inside the plastic housing. On removing the OE horns I did come across that they were mounted on rubber mountings. This allowed the play. So there is no worry that the horns would fall off. I did get the Roots vibrosonic horns fitted.The original horn mounting plate had to be strengthened so as to bear the weight of the new horns. All inclusive the change over costed Rs 1750.
I have installed Minda horns in my XUV without doing any of the above and they are doing just fine...
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 11:47   #2450
BHPian

Hi All
I received my Beast on 21st Dec.
On the first day it self I observed that the steering is slightly tilt towards left.
Sales manager arranged appointment in service center. Initially I thought it is because of wheel alignment but the service manager said that there is a problem with steering centring.
After getting it corrected came across new issue, after driving few kms the ESP OFF, HDC, HHC are continuously ON and unable to Operate those switches.
Took it to service center again, they connected their laptop and detected SAS Calibration error, they started erasing the errors and said done. I am not convinced with the solution provided so went for ride on NICE road and the issue repeated. After three trails like this they called Technical Manager. He suggested to disconnect the battery and connect back.
After this they calibrated the SAS which solved the issue.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 20:01   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have installed Minda horns in my XUV without doing any of the above and they are doing just fine...
I had to do the strengthening of the holders as the Roots vibrosonic are 3 to 4 times heavier than the OE horns
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 17:46   #2452
BHPian

We have an XUV in our family. My brother has it but virtually I've driven most of it as he usually is out of country (he's in IT), his current assignment may get long term for a couple of years. In that case, the beast will be mine

What a thread this is !! Kind of an encyclopedia !!
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 22:53   #2453
BHPian

According to Motoroids, Mahindra has issued a recall for a select batch of XUVs for a clutch replacement.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...h-replacement/

-- Wind
Old 16th January 2014, 07:30   #2454
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to Motoroids, Mahindra has issued a recall for a select batch of XUVs for a clutch replacement. http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...h-replacement/ -- Wind
Appears to be incorrect information
Old 17th January 2014, 18:58   #2455
BHPian

On my visit to the AS.S, i found that every vehicle before leaving is hooked to a PC via the OBD port. The ECU is scanned for DTC logs, and they are prompty erased without even reading them. Although I found nothing serious on my vehicle (one error said 'Cruise control key stuck', but cruise control works fine), on some other vehicles there were 10-15 log entries. I recall some entries relating to ESP, ABS, airbags, CAN bus, SS node... The diagnostic tester however gives green for major systems such as infotainment system, HVAC, ESP, SRS etc. On enquiring, it seemed that the mechanics believed erasing these codes solves the problems. However the RM said that every vehicles throws such errors into the log, and there is no real problem unless it shows up on the dashboard. Is this practice common across the auto servicing industry?
Old 19th January 2014, 23:59   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow again my XUV is going for repair. Koncept mahindra could not solve the issue while doing 40K service ( as usual). After escalating, their manger called many time asking me to send the car again. The front bonnet sensor, gear box (first and second gear slot) is very erratic when car is cold. Lets see what they do this time. BUT, this is the last time i am giving my car to them. Will update tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2014, 12:14   #2457
BHPian

And so gentlemen, fellow XUV owners, if you want to screw-up your Cruise Control, all you have to do is press the + button for a little more than 5 seconds or so, by letting the vehicle accelerate by using CC. It disengages after about 5 seconds of good acceleration and CC doesn't come back up again. Never Ever.

So simple to screw up anything in life. Eh !

You are stuck with these errors for life !

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-errorcode.jpg

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 20th January 2014 at 12:15.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 17:39   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
And so gentlemen, fellow XUV owners, if you want to screw-up your Cruise Control, all you have to do is press the + button for a little more than 5 seconds or so, by letting the vehicle accelerate by using CC. It disengages after about 5 seconds of good acceleration and CC doesn't come back up again. Never Ever.

So simple to screw up anything in life. Eh !

You are stuck with these errors for life !
This is one of the errors I saw logged in my vehicle, and, as I have stated in my previous post, it was promptly cleared. Not sure however, if CC is working. It however could also be a safety feature to prevent unwanted engagement of the cruise control in the event of a malfunctioning switch, which could be very dangerous. If the key is pressed for a long time, the system has been programmed to register a faulty key and hence prevent engagement of the cruise control. In your case, was this DTC log cleared? If yes, did it help bringing the cruise control functionality to default, if it didn't, my theory could be wrong..
mdsaif92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 22:14   #2459
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92 View Post
This is one of the errors I saw logged in my vehicle, and, as I have stated in my previous post, it was promptly cleared. Not sure however, if CC is working. It however could also be a safety feature to prevent unwanted engagement of the cruise control in the event of a malfunctioning switch, which could be very dangerous. If the key is pressed for a long time, the system has been programmed to register a faulty key and hence prevent engagement of the cruise control. In your case, was this DTC log cleared? If yes, did it help bringing the cruise control functionality to default, if it didn't, my theory could be wrong..
Yes it is a safety feature as the system cannot differentiate between a mechanically stuck switch and someone pressing it and holding it. It should reset iteself after ignition off - ignition on after 1 min
Old 21st January 2014, 08:40   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92 View Post
In your case, was this DTC log cleared? If yes, did it help bringing the cruise control functionality to default, if it didn't, my theory could be wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Yes it is a safety feature as the system cannot differentiate between a mechanically stuck switch and someone pressing it and holding it. It should reset iteself after ignition off - ignition on after 1 min
Yes it's indeed a safety feature and is the correct practice, to ensure safety. However this should be reset after a minute or so as @spkingsley had mentioned or atleast cleared by turning off and on the ignition. In my case, I even removed the battery terminals and connected back again. The first time, the erros were cleared as well by the SS. The errors still persisted and now my CC wouldn't work atall. I have emailed this issue to the Regional Customer Manager and shall wait for an update from him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks