Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2016, 21:41   #3946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
They did the scan...but still not successful in finding the real cause

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4003499

Please refer the above post, I faced the same issue, first they replaced the turbo and then the hose of the inter cooler.
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 15:01   #3947
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

The reason your engine might not be accelerating is a faulty turbo. Usually the scanner may not pick up on this fault.
A similar case was reported on my last visit to the service station by a fellow customer i was interacting with. The turbo kicks in at 1800 rpm so if you are only driving in city it is easy to miss out on a faulty turbo.
The driver could not drive the car as it wouldn't accelerate above 90 or when the rpm reached more than 1800.
Do get the turbo inspected and give the update to the problem.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 13:55   #3948
BHPian

Most likely a turbo issue. It is quite annoying really, as the actual cause may be as simple as a loose hose, loose clamps, faulty vacuum modulator, etc. I had this issue on a highway drive and the nearest service center replaced the vacuum modulator under warranty.

The cotec's laptop will give you the actual error code. The smaller device used by the others is useless and does not give the complete information. You must insist on the cotec taking a look at your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
The reason your engine might not be accelerating is a faulty turbo. Usually the scanner may not pick up on this fault.
A similar case was reported on my last visit to the service station by a fellow customer i was interacting with. The turbo kicks in at 1800 rpm so if you are only driving in city it is easy to miss out on a faulty turbo.
The driver could not drive the car as it wouldn't accelerate above 90 or when the rpm reached more than 1800.
Do get the turbo inspected and give the update to the problem.
arao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:55   #3949
BHPian

Hi Guys

My wiper is leaving lines every time it wipes. I am in Mumbai and in the rain it is very annoying. My car is 1 year old, is it time for me to change the wiper blades? Or is there something that i could do on my own to fix this? Please help
Old 1st August 2016, 16:27   #3950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Or is there something that i could do on my own to fix this?
It could be due to some residue or oily windsheild too. Try cleaning windsheild with any cleaner solution and try again, it may fix the issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 16:31   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarjeetphukan View Post
Hi Guys

My wiper is leaving lines every time it wipes. I am in Mumbai and in the rain it is very annoying. My car is 1 year old, is it time for me to change the wiper blades? Or is there something that i could do on my own to fix this? Please help
I was facing this similar issue. I filled the washer fluid with waxpol windshield liquid along with water.

Once a while i use the windshield washer spray in rains to clean the windshield and the result is that i am not facing this issue again.

The lines are caused on the windshield because of the water splashed from other vehicles during rains. The substance is of little oily nature which is properly cleaned by this liquid.

The bottle is of 200ml and is blue in colour. Empty the bottle in the water resvoir for windscreen washer.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:01   #3952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Most likely a turbo issue. It is quite annoying really, as the actual cause may be as simple as a loose hose, loose clamps, faulty vacuum modulator, etc. I had this issue on a highway drive and the nearest service center replaced the vacuum modulator under warranty.

The cotec's laptop will give you the actual error code. The smaller device used by the others is useless and does not give the complete information. You must insist on the cotec taking a look at your vehicle.
The latest update is, ERG hose seems to be faulty. They are replacing it now. Hopefully that will solve the problem
Old 6th August 2016, 08:37   #3953
BHPian

I have too much of brake dust on alloys. I clean it nicely and just in 3-4 days, it is back to black dust all over. It is oily. I have galfers. Are there any aftermarket pads which are better. Biting power of galfers is far below good either.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:06   #3954
BHPian

Quote:
The latest update is, ERG hose seems to be faulty. They are replacing it now. Hopefully that will solve the problem
Got the vehicle today. As per advice from Mahindra they replaced Turbo. It looks fine now... Need to do an extensive road test
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 13:24   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Got the vehicle today. As per advice from Mahindra they replaced Turbo. It looks fine now... Need to do an extensive road test

Hii priyesh good to hear your cheetah is fine. What batch of xuv's is affected by the hose issue. How old is yours. Do they have a recall to speak of.
Old 6th August 2016, 14:21   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii priyesh good to hear your cheetah is fine. What batch of xuv's is affected by the hose issue. How old is yours. Do they have a recall to speak of.
Mine is a 2014 Aug model...not sure if they have a recall...but I heard there are many Xuvs where turbo is getting damaged and subsequently replaced
Old 7th August 2016, 06:49   #3957
BHPian

Mine is a Apr 2013 W8 and off late I have been hearing an extra noise while I drive off my parking. I usually drive for 2kms with the window down, put on AC after that. Also first start of engine, I let it idle for 2 minutes before starting off. These two are my regular practice.

I suspect it is turbo problem. However, have never faced problems in accelerating beyond 90kmph, I am able to touch 100 with ease, as usual. The noise when I have the window down, is irritating. Even on long drive, in case I bring the window down, I do hear this extra noise in the engine bay. This noise of course, is only during the rpm in the 1100 to 1500. It is very pronounced in the 1000-1200.

I have an extended warranty

Next problem is, the cruise buttons are not working. It has a mind of its own. At times the cruise comes on if I keep the cruise off button pressed for 3 seconds. When I press + or -, it works like cruise off button. The only way to do a + is to accelerate using the manual mode, press the cruise off 3 times to set at speed. Many a times, I am unable to use cruise at all, no matter what button I press. The resume button, never works! I had given the car for a good clean, air blow into the buttons and no luck. Anyone else faced this problem?

Last edited by krishnaraja : 7th August 2016 at 06:51. Reason: To update the Year of purchase of vehicle
Old 8th August 2016, 08:59   #3958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post

Next problem is, the cruise buttons are not working. It has a mind of its own. At times the cruise comes on if I keep the cruise off button pressed for 3 seconds. When I press + or -, it works like cruise off button. The only way to do a + is to accelerate using the manual mode, press the cruise off 3 times to set at speed. Many a times, I am unable to use cruise at all, no matter what button I press. The resume button, never works! I had given the car for a good clean, air blow into the buttons and no luck. Anyone else faced this problem?
Each tap of the + or - button increases or decreases speed by approx 2kmph. Are you keeping the button pressed? If yes, then it is designed to disengage. The system feels that the button might have jammed and disables cruise for that ignition cycle. But if you press and leave... it will work. So let's say you are at 60kmph... and want to go to 70. just press and release the + button 5 times. This behavior is described in the user manual.

The resume button working is a new one. Check with the authorized service center.
triedeverything is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:08   #3959
BHPian

I have misplaced one of the keys on my XUV500 W10
I am unsure if it is misplaced within the house or been flicked

I had a similar issue on my X1 and I was able to disable the missing key via the OBD port and the BMW dealer level software

Is there a way to do the same with the Mahindra?
Old 8th August 2016, 15:17   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
I have misplaced one of the keys on my XUV500 W10
I am unsure if it is misplaced within the house or been flicked

I had a similar issue on my X1 and I was able to disable the missing key via the OBD port and the BMW dealer level software

Is there a way to do the same with the Mahindra?
Yes, please take it to the Dealer, they will do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks