Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 12:45   #4096
J.Ravi

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekatkar31 View Post
I wanted to know if this is a recurring problem as I will be doing a trip again soon.
I don't think so. I have not experienced this problem in 51 k km of my XUV 500.
  (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:05   #4097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 model W4 and have done around 24,000 kms with the same. Have mostly covered Uttarakhand and Rajasthan.

Last month, while on the way to Udaipur, I got the engine check indicator as I was cruising at around 130 and had to stop the vehicle as there was a massive drop in the pickup. After some calls to the emergency helpline (surprisingly they did not have a clue about the same) and my service centre guys who told me to carry on driving, I started the engine and started off again. One thing they asked me to do was to keep the speed below 110.

The service center at Udaipur got the indicator to go and diagnosed the vacuum modulator as being faulty. He suggested the same thing to me for not going beyond 100-110.

Back in Delhi, at Mayapuri Mahindra (Sri Durga), they got the indicator again by reaching 130 kmph (on Mayapuri road... Beat that!!) and have now replaced the vacuum modulator under warranty.

I wanted to know if this is a recurring problem as I will be doing a trip again soon. Presently, the drive is ok, but haven't tested it at cruise speeds.
I dont think this has happened here to anyone, maybe just bad luck for you. Dont worry these things are bound to happen, after all its Mahindra
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:57   #4098
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 model W4 and have done around 24,000 kms with the same. Have mostly covered Uttarakhand and Rajasthan.

Last month, while on the way to Udaipur, I got the engine check indicator as I was cruising at around 130 and had to stop the vehicle as there was a massive drop in the pickup. After some calls to the emergency helpline (surprisingly they did not have a clue about the same) and my service centre guys who told me to carry on driving, I started the engine and started off again. One thing they asked me to do was to keep the speed below 110.

The service center at Udaipur got the indicator to go and diagnosed the vacuum modulator as being faulty. He suggested the same thing to me for not going beyond 100-110.

Back in Delhi, at Mayapuri Mahindra (Sri Durga), they got the indicator again by reaching 130 kmph (on Mayapuri road... Beat that!!) and have now replaced the vacuum modulator under warranty.

I wanted to know if this is a recurring problem as I will be doing a trip again soon. Presently, the drive is ok, but haven't tested it at cruise speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I don't think so. I have not experienced this problem in 51 k km of my XUV 500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I dont think this has happened here to anyone, maybe just bad luck for you. Dont worry these things are bound to happen, after all its Mahindra
Vacuum modulator going kaput is fairly common. I personally know at least 5-6 people where the vacuum modulator has been found faulty and replaced. In my own car, it was replaced once based on the sound it was making (my RM said, its the first sign of impending failure).

Recently I was getting a ECL and loss of power. Again my RM's first guess was to replace the vacuum modulator. In this case, the vacuum modulator was not really faulty, but the point is, its fairly common and that's why my RM jumped to that conclusion.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 15:08   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Vacuum modulator going kaput is fairly common. I personally know at least 5-6 people where the vacuum modulator has been found faulty and replaced. In my own car, it was replaced once based on the sound it was making (my RM said, its the first sign of impending failure).

Recently I was getting a ECL and loss of power. Again my RM's first guess was to replace the vacuum modulator. In this case, the vacuum modulator was not really faulty, but the point is, its fairly common and that's why my RM jumped to that conclusion.
Thanks SDP. So did you also get an ECL when cruising at 120+ or are there other scenarios as well when this could happen?

Also, if this happens in the middle of nowhere (like some place in Rajasthan) is it usually ok to drive along slowly till you reach an ok location?
Old 20th December 2016, 15:15   #4100
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks SDP. So did you also get an ECL when cruising at 120+ or are there other scenarios as well when this could happen?

Also, if this happens in the middle of nowhere (like some place in Rajasthan) is it usually ok to drive along slowly till you reach an ok location?
A leak in turbo-hose could also be a reason. A turbo failure itself could be another reason.

As per my understanding, there is no problem to drive at slow speeds when this happens. In case of a turbo or leakage from hose, the XUV does struggle on uphill roads and overtaking needs to be planned keeping the reduced available power in mind.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:34   #4101
BHPian

Just wondering if anyone has installed/bought a cargo cover for the XUV. I see there are slots in the back (provision given to install one). Did some research but didn't find anything online...

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...argo+cover+xuv

Last edited by sk7671 : 23rd December 2016 at 09:45.
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:06   #4102
BHPian

This discussion may be of some use:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3894437

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has installed/bought a cargo cover for the XUV. I see there are slots in the back (provision given to install one). Did some research but didn't find anything online...

Last edited by SDP : 23rd December 2016 at 15:36. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 28th December 2016, 13:52   #4103
BHPian

Faced my first niggle in close to 9 months of owning XUV, though a minor one.

The wiper spray doesnt work - found this when I tried to clean the windshield during a long drive. It was working fine earlier. I thought that the water reservoir would have run dry or that some pipe would have got cut due to rodents.

After reaching home, checked that the pump is starting, water reservoir is full but the water is not being pumped. No loose connections or breakage in the pipe anywhere.

Looks like I need to visit the service center for resolving the issue. I suspect an airlock, though am not sure how this could happen considering I never let the water reservoir run dry.
Old 28th December 2016, 13:57   #4104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post

The wiper spray doesnt work - found this when I tried to clean the windshield during a long drive. It was working fine earlier. I thought that the water reservoir would have run dry or that some pipe would have got cut due to rodents.

After reaching home, checked that the pump is starting, water reservoir is full but the water is not being pumped. No loose connections or breakage in the pipe anywhere.

Looks like I need to visit the service center for resolving the issue. I suspect an airlock, though am not sure how this could happen considering I never let the water reservoir run dry.
Use a safety pin and open up the holes of the sprays. Thats what happens all the time.
Old 28th December 2016, 14:00   #4105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you check the joint inside the bonnet, close to the windscreen. There is spring in that joint, which might be the culprit. I had faced issue with the throw and at the service center they removed that spring and everything was normal after that. I would recommend you to remove once and see if it works fine, so that you don't have to visit the service center.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 16:15   #4106
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Failed water-sprayer pump is pretty common niggle. The one in my car has been replaced twice already.
Old 30th December 2016, 16:05   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
It is better to fix it as soon as possible before the warranty expires, the attitude of the dealer is not to attend such issues immediately and attends it after warranty expires to get their share of profit in spares sales. I am sure this is not the first time they see these kind of sunroof issue in XUV, i am going to complain them one more time and will write to Mahindra customer care about this issue. we should not see these issues in 20 lac car.

-AM
I got the sunroof issue attended by tvs service in kochi yesterday.They replaced the rubber beadings on either side and issue is fixed.The sunroof now opens smoothly.it is much better than when the car was brand new.Mahindra would have identified the part issue and released a better one.Please get yours checked as well if not fixed yet.
Old 31st December 2016, 14:55   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I had the same issue on my 2014 W8. They changed vacuum modulator which did not solve the problem and later changed the turbo as well.
Old 31st December 2016, 15:47   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
Can some one tell me/advise about the following modifications of XUV5OO.
1. Tein suspension springs.
2. Increasing Ground clearance possibilities.
3. Diesel Tronic installation
Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:49   #4110
BHPian

Hi SDP, I got an ECL while doing about 100+ on a recent travel. As a matter of fact I am sitting at the service centre right now and have been told that the ECU indicates a clogged Air filter. They are replacing the same and will test again. The vehicle response didn't change post the ECL lamp coming on so I didn't doubt a problem with the turbo and neither did any other major light turn on. So I drove it about 100 KMS and today brought it to the service centre. Waiting for their final verdict. I guess at such times I really feel the need for an OBD device which can atleast tell me if I can drive further or should I tow the vehicle without causing further damage.
rapidrahul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks