Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:27   #4186
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 W4 ( ODO meter issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post

But when I try doing the same I do not get options suggested by owners manual and to my surprise ODO meter is being reset to zero. I am not sure if W4 has that option / doubtful if showroom guys have sold a vehicle with issue (PDI not done correctly)
Sagar
You are pressing the toggle button on the right side of the cluster for too long and the Trip A or B is getting reset. Try short presses it should toggle in this sequence Odo--->Trip A--->Trip B. To reset the trips press continuously for 2-3 Seconds. Hope this helps
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:23   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post
But when I try doing the same I do not get options suggested by owners manual and to my surprise ODO meter is being reset to zero. I am not sure if W4 has that option / doubtful if showroom guys have sold a vehicle with issue (PDI not done correctly)

Sagar

First of all congratulations on your WagonR to XUV choice. I did the same 3 years back. W4 is a very practical and able vehicle. It offers a nice balance of features, safety and value for money. The new age is even better as you got some of the additional features compared to the old generation.

And the trip meter reset feature is included in W4. I have been using it quite frequently in my W4 however it always takes couple of attempts to reset them. But it works
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 09:23   #4188

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
First of all congratulations on your WagonR to XUV choice. I did the same 3 years back. W4 is a very practical and able vehicle. It offers a nice balance of features, safety and value for money. The new age is even better as you got some of the additional features compared to the old generation.

And the trip meter reset feature is included in W4. I have been using it quite frequently in my W4 however it always takes couple of attempts to reset them. But it works
It worked

Thank you all for inputs
Old 15th May 2017, 16:34   #4189
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea how much would a new clutch cost?
Old 21st May 2017, 19:54   #4190
BHPian

Guys,

With monsoon approaching, looking for a good wiper blades for my XUV. Can you please suggest?
Old 21st May 2017, 22:51   #4191
BHPian

I'm using these for the since June 2016. They're pretty decent for the price. Still wiping pretty clean. Used to squeak a bit at first but now not very much at all.

Autofurnish F8 Series Premium Silicon Wiper Blades for Mahindra XUV500 (D)24" (P)20"
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:17   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I'm using these for the since June 2016. They're pretty decent for the price. Still wiping pretty clean. Used to squeak a bit at first but now not very much at all.

Autofurnish F8 Series Premium Silicon Wiper Blades for Mahindra XUV500 (D)24" (P)20"
Thanks. Didnt see good review of the same in Amazon hence didnt consider. Will look at them now. What about Bosch / Hella wipers?
Old 25th May 2017, 11:55   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Folks,

I need some help on couple of issues. Mine is a September 2015 W10 New Age XUV

1. Engine jerking during low speed especially when moving the vehicle from standstill in 1st/2nd gear. Is it pointing to premature clutch failure?

2. Engine sounds really coarse when driving beyond 120 KMPH as if the engine has reached its max strain and it cant take no more.

I had the second issue sometime back and service guys fixed something in ECU to go away. But its now back again.

Did anyone of you face these problems? Appreciate your comments here.
Some updates...

For Issue #2, Vacuum Modulator/EGR got replaced under warranty. Along with this, the service guys replaced Air Filter as well. I will have to do a long test drive to find out if this has solved the issue.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 15:40   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
What about Bosch / Hella wipers?
Hi,
I bought Hella Wipers from Paytm a while back and they work extremely smoothly. No squeaks or squealing from them and the windscreen is cleaned properly.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/hella-mahin...143016A6809D45
Old 26th May 2017, 00:18   #4195
BHPian

The main reason I bought the Autofurnish ones is that they are synthetic, and so wear out less quickly. At least, they have lasted me since June/July 2016 with no edge damage, whereas the OE wipers were starting to degrade after just 3 months.

I wipe my windscreen very frequently, as any dirt causes me great visual difficulty.

The Autofurnish ones are still going strong, though I have ordered a spare pair against future paucity. I have noticed that any product I like immediately sells out soon after I buy and like it, or - more frequently - goes off the market permanently as soon as I develop a liking for it.

The other reason I bought the wipers was that they have contoured spoilers that look a lot like the OE ones that come with the XUV, obviating the painful exercise of changing them over to the new pair (also the OE ones will inevitably rust, and this way you get a clean set of wipers everytime. Please check the images on Amazon.
Old 7th June 2017, 11:34   #4196
BHPian

Not sure if it is a niggle or is lack of my knowledge. I am not able to get defogger working at best. Tried playing around with temperature settings and auto mode. But it is just not perfect. What should be the temperature setting w.r.t. outside temperature?
Old 7th June 2017, 12:14   #4197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys any idea how much would a new clutch cost?
Remember someone posting earlier saying its around 14K or so including inclusive of all labor. Not sure of the exact cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
But it is just not perfect. What should be the temperature setting w.r.t. outside temperature?
Mostly it would be a case of oily residue on inner surface of glass. Try with same settings after cleaning inside of the glass with any windshield cleaner liquid.
Old 7th June 2017, 16:03   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Some updates...

For Issue #2, Vacuum Modulator/EGR got replaced under warranty. Along with this, the service guys replaced Air Filter as well. I will have to do a long test drive to find out if this has solved the issue.
I own a 2015 new age XUV as well. Its run for 17,000 km. On a drive between Mysore to Bangalore mid-way the engine warning sign glowed and the engine became sluggish on 6th gear.
I was driving with my family(a one year old baby onboard) on a late evening.

I stop the car for about 15 minutes and check the coolant and the engine oil levels with a flashlight and they all looked good.

I stop and called the road side assistance, I immediately hear from the representative that I should stop driving and that they would send me a taxi from Mysore which will probably taken an hour and a half or more. I was told the car will be towed.

With the oil and coolant levels being good I start the car and drive for a distance and I don't find the sluggishness but the engine warning remained. I switched off the AC to reduce the load on the engine and continued driving slowly and made it to Bangalore.

Next day, I decide to take the car to Anant Cars, Bannerghatta Road but end up taking it to Chrome motors near BHEL which is very close to my place. Chrome motors have started servicing XUV's for about a year now.

I don't remember the error code but it pointed to a problem with the vacuum modulator which was replaced under warranty. I asked the SA the reason for the vacuum modulator problem but he did not have a convincing answer.
Old 8th June 2017, 00:01   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I don't remember the error code but it pointed to a problem with the vacuum modulator which was replaced under warranty. I asked the SA the reason for the vacuum modulator problem but he did not have a convincing answer.
Glad that you were not stuck in middle of highway with engine breakdown.

Looks like this is a known problem with XUV. With my vehicle, even after replacing Vacuum modulator, I still feel something wrong. Engine noise is really high at high speed. I have got a OBD II device to monitor for error codes, boost related metrics.

Last edited by sbala : 8th June 2017 at 00:02.
Old 8th June 2017, 11:19   #4200

Quote:
Glad that you were not stuck in middle of highway with engine breakdown.

Looks like this is a known problem with XUV. With my vehicle, even after replacing Vacuum modulator, I still feel something wrong. Engine noise is really high at high speed. I have got a OBD II device to monitor for error codes, boost related metrics.
Hi sbala
Can you help me with which OBD II device you are using , i purchased a wifi ELM327 device from Amazon and tried with EBOD -Facile app on IOS. It worked on my Ford , but not on my Nano and XUV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks