Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2018, 15:15   #4321
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I am a content Mahindra customer. Pun Intended. Bought the W8 Refresh in Sep 2015 and in about two and a half years and 55K on the odo I almost have a new car. Thank to the fantastic Mahindra QC.
The car had a fine white spray on the entire body and windscreen on delivery. My car is black. And all the agency could say the next morning was that I should have checked while taking delivery. And why couldnt check, cause the delivery was delayed cause the ICE wouldnt work and they replaced the unit, taking a full day and delivering the car at 2200h. Couldnt have noticed the aberration in the middle of the night. Took two paint protection procedure by 3M Chandigarh to remove the spots. Cost me a bomb.
The ESP error light was on when I took delivery and I was assured that this is a minor error and will be reset in the first service. It wasnt. It took almost 10 odd visits to three different agencies before the problem was diagnosed as an alignment issue and corrected. Not before the entire steering assembly, part of the dashboard was opened up.
Both the front shock absorbers have been changed. Under warranty of course. The front windscreen rubber is new cause it would squeak incessantly. The rubber bush set on the front part of the suspension is brand new. The silver box has been changed twice or maybe thrice for freezing up. The GPS wire once. The door locking mechanism changed in a recall recently. The sunglass holder and light assembly repaired twice. Headlight assembly removed and re sealed because of water ingress. The bonnet open warning switch repaired. A million noises from the door to the dashboard to the suspension taken care of. And if it wasn't for the great mechanics of Harbir Autos Chandigarh who kept my vehicle running Im sure a few other parts wouldve also been changed.
Just for the record, my car is immaculately maintained. Serviced at the right time, from the agency only.
The only saving grace is the engine. Driven 1K a day from Chandigarh to Kerela, again to Goa, to Hyderabad to Bhopal, from Jodhpur to Siliguri to Nathu La. Length and Breath of my country. Without a hitch.
I consistently rate the service at 10 in the feedback but when it comes to recommending Mahindra, I JUST WON'T.

Last edited by ShellZee : 14th May 2018 at 15:19.
ShellZee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 12:17   #4322
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

AA users/ experts heres a little bit of confusion regards BT, the blue sense and ecosense app is the same ?
secondly if an android device is connected to AA and iPhone is also in the car which phone will connect to BT and further will the same phone be connected for bluesense as well?
Old 17th May 2018, 12:36   #4323
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
My friend's XUV is having some issue related to engine noise while acceleration between 1000-2000 rpm. The engine sound becomes normal past 2000 rpm and only happens while acceleration between this RPM band. It doesn't happen on cruising in this RPM range. Car is 2013 model and done only 45k. There is no issue in performance but it's only the additional nose. What could be potential issue?

Had the same issue six odd months back. The sound is actually between 1500-1700 rpm. Its the turbo in action. Had it checked with the service station and with the company technician and both told me the same thing. The sound is subdued in a new car so you notice it when the engine put in 30K or so on the odo. They got me to drive their demo car which had the same transitory ROAR between 1500-1700. So all good I guess.
I have a W8 Refresh, 2015.
Old 19th May 2018, 09:21   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
AA users/ experts heres a little bit of confusion regards BT, the blue sense and ecosense app is the same ?
secondly if an android device is connected to AA and iPhone is also in the car which phone will connect to BT and further will the same phone be connected for bluesense as well?
So spent the morning testing the ICE with two phones my primary iPhone 8 plus and secondary Samsung galaxy a7 which I use for AA
- the android switches on BT ON connection and dosent allow further connection with iPhone. For this android BT TO be manually disconnected
The AA phone works fine without any BT connection checked all the features
Meanwhile iPhone connects via Bluetooth for music and bluesense which also works fine

Meanwhile still waiting for the software update because with every phone I tried, the position reset / lost issue is very annoying and this is especially at faster speeds.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 19th May 2018 at 09:23.
Old 23rd May 2018, 19:56   #4325
BHPian

Further to testing of AA in the post above following is an update with help / inputs from fellow XUV Group members
So tried the AA today with the downgraded Google maps and initial reports are really good. Albeit only 5 kms round trip the map didn't move even once
The AA was also tried with Amazon music and the streaming quality is excellent and works flawlessly.
Attached a picture of the setup with my secondary android phone.Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1527085580.173303.jpgMahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1527085598.640931.jpg
Old 27th May 2018, 22:42   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellZee View Post
I am a content Mahindra customer. Pun Intended. Bought the W8 Refresh in Sep 2015 and in about two and a half years and 55K on the odo I almost have a new car. Thank to the fantastic Mahindra QC.
The car had a fine white spray on the entire body and windscreen on delivery. My car is black. And all the agency could say the next morning was that I should have checked while taking delivery. And why couldnt check, cause the delivery was delayed cause the ICE wouldnt work and they replaced the unit, taking a full day and delivering the car at 2200h. Couldnt have noticed the aberration in the middle of the night. Took two paint protection procedure by 3M Chandigarh to remove the spots. Cost me a bomb.
The ESP error light was on when I took delivery and I was assured that this is a minor error and will be reset in the first service. It wasnt. It took almost 10 odd visits to three different agencies before the problem was diagnosed as an alignment issue and corrected. Not before the entire steering assembly, part of the dashboard was opened up.
Both the front shock absorbers have been changed. Under warranty of course. The front windscreen rubber is new cause it would squeak incessantly. The rubber bush set on the front part of the suspension is brand new. The silver box has been changed twice or maybe thrice for freezing up. The GPS wire once. The door locking mechanism changed in a recall recently. The sunglass holder and light assembly repaired twice. Headlight assembly removed and re sealed because of water ingress. The bonnet open warning switch repaired. A million noises from the door to the dashboard to the suspension taken care of. And if it wasn't for the great mechanics of Harbir Autos Chandigarh who kept my vehicle running Im sure a few other parts wouldve also been changed.
Just for the record, my car is immaculately maintained. Serviced at the right time, from the agency only.
The only saving grace is the engine. Driven 1K a day from Chandigarh to Kerela, again to Goa, to Hyderabad to Bhopal, from Jodhpur to Siliguri to Nathu La. Length and Breath of my country. Without a hitch.
I consistently rate the service at 10 in the feedback but when it comes to recommending Mahindra, I JUST WON'T.
It's quite saddening to learn about these issues 😏. I've booked a W11 AT Opt and have already made the payment so can't go back on my decision now. Keeping the fingers crossed 😅. Let's hope all goes well.
Old 5th June 2018, 10:53   #4327
BHPian

Seeking advice from fellow XUV owners:
I got plush XUV 500 last month and completed 1300kms trip to Goa. While the vehicle performed exceptionally well, there are 2 issues bothering me:
1. iPhone contacts not syncing with the ICE: Got the software update but still no luck.
2. Vehicle pulls to left: Gave it to the SC twice, they claim to have fixed it by re-torqing the suspension and checking all the related components, but the issue is not resolved. If anyone of you have faced similar issue, please guide me.

Edit: The vehicle runs on stock size Yokohama tires.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 5th June 2018 at 10:54.
Old 5th June 2018, 14:14   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I got plush XUV 500 last month and completed 1300kms trip to Goa. While the vehicle performed exceptionally well, there are 2 issues bothering me:
1. iPhone contacts not syncing with the ICE: Got the software update but still no luck.
2. Vehicle pulls to left: Gave it to the SC twice, they claim to have fixed it by re-torqing the suspension and checking all the related components, but the issue is not resolved. If anyone of you have faced similar issue, please guide me.

Edit: The vehicle runs on stock size Yokohama tires.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
First of all congratulations on your new XUV.

Though i have no idea about your first issue, but still try remove by removing the pairing of bluetooth both from ICE and mobile, then repair and grant all the permissions seeked by the ICE and your phone.

On the pulling part, it's an old issue with XUV which i had faced in my 1st gen XUV too.

You need to follow the following:

1) Get the air pressure checked from a digital air pump. Follow the company recommended pressure i.e 32 psi for front tires and 30 for rear tires. That was with 17 inch tires. If yours is 18 inch, check the manual or sticker on the driver side door.

2) If it still pulls to the left, get the alignment checked at a reputed tire shop which has latest machine. In my case the left pulling issue was solved by alignment from service centre itself.

3) Still if it doesn't solve the issue, get tires rotated once.

Am sure your issue will be resolved after the above steps.

What i feel is that, even after everything is perfect there will be a very slight pull on highways at high speed as roads are slanted towards the left for rain water drainage and XUVs steering is hydraulic and very sensitive too.
Old 6th June 2018, 11:30   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
First of all congratulations on your new XUV.

Thanks Rahul!

Though i have no idea about your first issue, but still try remove by removing the pairing of bluetooth both from ICE and mobile, then repair and grant all the permissions seeked by the ICE and your phone.

This is just a small issue which doesnt bother me too much

On the pulling part, it's an old issue with XUV which i had faced in my 1st gen XUV too.

You need to follow the following:

1) Get the air pressure checked from a digital air pump. Follow the company recommended pressure i.e 32 psi for front tires and 30 for rear tires. That was with 17 inch tires. If yours is 18 inch, check the manual or sticker on the driver side door.

Done that, tried with various psi - luck

2) If it still pulls to the left, get the alignment checked at a reputed tire shop which has latest machine. In my case the left pulling issue was solved by alignment from service centre itself.

Got the alignment checked from 3 different places including the A.S.S-No luck

3) Still if it doesn't solve the issue, get tires rotated once.

Done this too. The A.S.S even tried changing from Yokohama to bridgestones and tested- No luck

Am sure your issue will be resolved after the above steps.

What i feel is that, even after everything is perfect there will be a very slight pull on highways at high speed as roads are slanted towards the left for rain water drainage and XUVs steering is hydraulic and very sensitive too.
I totally understand slight pulling on uneven roads, but on my vehicle I have it on all kinds of roads. Hence the worry.

Yesterday I shot an email to M&M customer care, I was assigned an engineer and will be giving my vehicle to them again maybe tomorrow. Lets see what comes up.
Old 8th June 2018, 10:18   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh
I also faced similar issue after upgrading IOS -the solution is very simple

1) Go to Settings

2) Go to Bluetooth -Enable and get it connected to the car

3) Go to the properties of the connection with the small "i"

4) Enable Sync contacts

Now it should sync .
Old 8th June 2018, 10:36   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
I also faced similar issue after upgrading IOS -the solution is very simple

1) Go to Settings

2) Go to Bluetooth -Enable and get it connected to the car

3) Go to the properties of the connection with the small "i"

4) Enable Sync contacts

Now it should sync .
Thanks mate, will try this today and see if it works.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 10th June 2018, 08:53   #4332
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
I totally understand slight pulling on uneven roads, but on my vehicle I have it on all kinds of roads. Hence the worry.

Yesterday I shot an email to M&M customer care, I was assigned an engineer and will be giving my vehicle to them again maybe tomorrow. Lets see what comes up.
Left pulling still an issue with XUV? Check out the start of this thread for many solutions tested and tried to overcome the problem.
One simple way is to overcharge left tyre 1-2 bar higher than the right tyre.
Old 10th June 2018, 08:58   #4333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. Vehicle pulls to left: Gave it to the SC twice.
Have you tried getting alignment done from any reputed center? This is one solution for this in earlier generation of XUV.

There will be slight pulling to left when you accelerate hard due to torque steer. But if it's a consistent pull, you should be able to fix it by tyre rotation plus alignment.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:22   #4334
BHPian

Quote:

Is this on the stock tyres? I specifically checked for a few of the old issues and niggles during my TD. I drove 4 different vehicles and didn't come across the pulling issue. There was the expected torque steer when you floor it but nothing else. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this when I get my delivery.

I hope the older solutions (tyre rotation, alignment) fixes your issue.
Old 11th June 2018, 15:28   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Is this on the stock tyres? I specifically checked for a few of the old issues and niggles during my TD. I drove 4 different vehicles and didn't come across the pulling issue. There was the expected torque steer when you floor it but nothing else. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this when I get my delivery.

I hope the older solutions (tyre rotation, alignment) fixes your issue.
Stock size but changed to Yokohama. There are 4 XUVs at my workplace and unfortunately everyone confirmed that they had this issue, however it was fixed after regular balancing and alignment. But on my vehicle, none of those helped. Today I have given the vehicle to the A.S.S. There's technical person from Pune and he is currently checking, they did confirm the vehicle is indeed pulling to the left, but the reason is not yet known. Awaiting his diagnosis and outcomes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks