Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 11:05   #4381
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi Guys - I am facing a typical problem which isnt really a niggle but I would be thankful if you guys can suggest a solution.

I have a preloved 2013 XUV W8 which was previously owned by my cousin. The car has been with me for last 1.5 years and is being maintained well and the clutch is doing absolutely fine. I understand that the clutch is typical and takes some time getting used to. I have had three driver till now (I know the attrition is high) who had no issues with the clutch of any kind and drove fairly well.

I am now facing a challenge with the recent drivers. I hired an experienced driver who I had to let go after a week as he couldnt manage the clutch. Despite telling him multiple times to understand the clutch, the car would jerk on each gear change and I would hear the gear change noise. Finally I had to tell him to leave.

Hired another driver and facing exactly the same challenge with him. Told him a few times but looks like he will also have to go. The car is in perfect shape and I face no challenge with the clutch.
Old 1st December 2018, 18:46   #4382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Despite telling him multiple times to understand the clutch, the car would jerk on each gear change and I would hear the gear change noise. Finally I had to tell him to leave.
Ask him to release the clutch slowly without any accelerator pedal input - the vehicle starts to move slowly due to diesel low end. Then accelerate.
Old 1st December 2018, 20:27   #4383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Ask him to release the clutch slowly without any accelerator pedal input - the vehicle starts to move slowly due to diesel low end. Then accelerate.
with spkingsley, after pressing the clutch pedal completely, the gear shift action should be done in a relaxed manned and slowly the left foot should come off from the clutch pedal.
Quote:
I am now facing a challenge with the recent drivers. I hired an experienced driver who I had to let go after a week as he couldnt manage the clutch. Despite telling him multiple times to understand the clutch, the car would jerk on each gear change and I would hear the gear change noise. Finally I had to tell him to leave.

Hired another driver and facing exactly the same challenge with him. Told him a few times but looks like he will also have to go. The car is in perfect shape and I face no challenge with the clutch.
It all depends on their background, I mean the driving experience and which car they were driving earlier. One week it too little a time for anyone to get used to a particular car, especially when they have been driving a different car over years. Since you don't face any issues you can let the driver sit in the passenger seat and show him, how to press the clutch pedal, shift the gear and release the clutch. I guess a little training, coaching and giving some time to settle with the car should help any new driver to drive it in the most optimum way (provided they know the basics of driving).
Old 1st December 2018, 22:41   #4384
BHPian

Thank you both for your inputs - I also did what you advised and he improved a bit but anyway he has been fired due to miscellaneous issues. Its a pain to get good drivers.
Old 13th December 2018, 15:40   #4385

Quote:
Hi Guys - I am facing a typical problem which isnt really a niggle but I would be thankful if you guys can suggest a solution.

I have a preloved 2013 XUV W8 which was previously owned by my cousin. The car has been with me for last 1.5 years and is being maintained well and the clutch is doing absolutely fine. I understand that the clutch is typical and takes some time getting used to. I have had three driver till now (I know the attrition is high) who had no issues with the clutch of any kind and drove fairly well.

Be careful and get it checked with some service centre immediately. I had similar problem wherein the clutch and gear shift operation became a bit jerky initially, also on sudden braking the vehicle was pulling to the right side. I was on a long trip and ignored these symptoms and it later resulted in total clutch failure.
The problem arose due to leakage in the clutch slave cylinder which is located inside the clutch housing. the fluid drained out from there and spoiled the clutch plate also. Since the Fluid reservoir is common with the brake cylinder reservoir, low brake fluid warning also came up before clutch failure.
arrowhead6996 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 19:49   #4386
BHPian

My xuv was suffering from famous "pulling on left side" syndrome from last one year. Shown to couple of reputed tyre alignment centres with all latest machines. Asked ASS 2 times during regular services but to no benefit. It detioriated badly after last alignment done at India garage, Bangalore. They suggested me to change tyres. So I took the route to go to one old alignment centre near my home which has very old machine. He solved the problem in flat 5 minutes at cost of Rs 250. Alignment was horribly wrong. I felt either people don't know how to do alignment or their machines are faulty. Just wanted to share my experience.
avimal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 07:53   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
My xuv was suffering from famous "pulling on left side" syndrome from last one year. Shown to couple of reputed tyre alignment centres with all latest machines. Asked ASS 2 times during regular services but to no benefit. It detioriated badly after last alignment done at India garage, Bangalore. They suggested me to change tyres. So I took the route to go to one old alignment centre near my home which has very old machine. He solved the problem in flat 5 minutes at cost of Rs 250. Alignment was horribly wrong. I felt either people don't know how to do alignment or their machines are faulty. Just wanted to share my experience.

I have the same problem. Could you please share the name of the place where you got the alignment fixed, thanks.
Old 21st December 2018, 10:40   #4388
BHPian

MS delux wheel alignment at Battarahalli, old Madras road. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=(1...3D%3D&dirflg=d

Last edited by avimal : 21st December 2018 at 10:43.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 19:55   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
MS delux wheel alignment at Battarahalli, old Madras road. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=(1...3D%3D&dirflg=d
Bangalore bhpians generally use Madhus which has state of the art Hunter equipment

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...galore-22.html (Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore))

The same with any MRF tyre store - they too use Hunter
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 16:47   #4390
BHPian

My XUV has completed 34000 kms in 4+ years. Nowadays I have started feeling that the sideways movement in low speed has increased significantly so much so that sometimes I have to hold on to the steering for keeping myself in the seat. Is this a problem with the suspension or something else. Any guidance to help fix the issue will be highly appreciated.
Old 26th December 2018, 19:01   #4391
BHPian

My car currently on 1,07,000 KM had this Engine Check lamp coming often on the console especially when switching on the AC.

When the AC goes off, the lamp goes out gradually. This went on for a couple of days and as we do not typically use AC regularly given the climate here.

Last day when we were stuck in a small traffic jam, I could see that AC is not working, and now the Check lamp is back - almost while I was parking the car I could see that Engine temperature gauge was blinking in red.

While the car was idling I tried checking whether the coolant levels were fine, meanwhile I could not feel the engine fan.

Took the car to the nearest MASS and they said the motor running the Engine Fan as well as the compressor fan has gone kaput and would need a replacement, however the motor might work internmittently.

I am awaiting an update from the MASS here in Wayanad as they do not have a standard inventory for XUV or Marazzo, I am awaiting an update from the same ERAM motors in Calicut.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 14:25   #4392
BHPian

A couple of niggles/issues that I have observed in my new W7 AT.

1) Warped conversation mirror.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-conversation-mirror-w7-.jpg

The vehicle has been purchased a couple of months back. This was highlighted by me during first service on November 19th to Sahyadri Motors (Pune). I was told that the part would be ordered and should be addressed in a week or two. No luck on that front despite repeated follow ups. I have been told by the Service Manager that the wrong part was ordered and he will ensure that this is received. This was the first week of December. I have been given the run around for such a minor part which as per the M2ALL website has a value of Rs 409 that I have already kind of lost faith in their customer service abilities. Understood that this is a small part and in the broader scheme of things may not matter but it matters to me.

2) The infamous vehicle pulling to the left issue. The Service Manager claimed that this was resolved in the first service along with the caveat that he has not been able to test it out comprehensively due to traffic. Drove down to Goa the day after and can confirm that the issue still exists. This too as per Sahyadri will be addressed when I get the vehicle back in but they say that the need the vehicle for a full day or two to ensure resolution.

One more item for the forum, I have not been assigned a Relationship Manager (RM). I escalated this via the With You Hamesha app. Was given the details of the Service Manager for Sahyadri Motors who later said that I can deal directly with him rather than having a RM assigned to me. Dont know if this is the right approach and I should insist on a RM being assigned to me? Can anyone please advise.
kingofkings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 14:46   #4393
BHPian

Gave my June 2013 model for a quick repair. It has 1.16 lakh on odo. Front right Valve was cut and air was leaking. As XUV comes with tyre tropics, had to replace the valve at the workshop. It costs over 2k each! Also, the wipers stopped working and they said about 15k estimate for entire assembly. Ouch!
Otherwise it runs fine. Stock clutch but giving up slowly slowly. Rear suspension remains a pain in the a## and I don't want to spend money again on the official spares. Really need to find a solution for this now.
Old 28th December 2018, 16:52   #4394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Front right Valve was cut and air was leaking. As XUV comes with tyre tropics, had to replace the valve at the workshop. It costs over 2k each!
I understand that you are still running on stock clutch, that's tremendous feat. Many owners had to replace clutch before covering half your ODO.

I don't think you need to replace valve from service center. TPMS is linked by a small biscuit sized sensor fitted on inside of alloy, so valve change should not be an issue.
Old 29th December 2018, 13:27   #4395
BHPian

I have now started getting slight engine vibration now and then while releasing clutch in 1st or 2nd gear at low speeds. I think this is the first signs of clutch going bad.

Do i need to get this checked immediately to avoid more damage ?
Any idea how much generally it cost's for getting this issue addressed ?

I am planning for a long trip next month so don't want to take any chance with a breakdown during the journey. Thanks for your responses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks