Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 20:05   #4426
BHPian

Pls check if you have any file of format other that songs. I found that it goes for a toss if you have .doc or pdf files.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 21:12   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

My gripe with the stock ICE is that it kind of resets at times- the clock will go to 1970 and won't sync with GPS unless I toggle the setting, and sometimes the mileage gets reset to --- too.

And, unrelated to the above, the song I play when I stop the car gets forgotten at times too - it'll start from the first track of the first folder, this is on a 32GB Sandisk (no issues in reading or seeking though).

These behaviour are pretty erratic, 7 out of 10 times (switch off and back on cycle, irrespective of the time in between) the time and mileage is "remembered", and 3 out of 10 times the last played track is remembered too - pretty difficult to reproduce in service centre.

I have posted the screen grab of my versions here (Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs) - this is a Dec 2018 manufactured W11 (O) AT AWD.

Btw, is the system compatible with WAV (or any other lossless formats)? I haven't tried it yet...
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 16:48   #4428
BHPian

Having severe second thoughts about changing the stock seatings to something that has more underthigh support.

We have a 2014 DZire and seating there is amazing for 6 footer like me and 5 footers like my parents. But all of us are not happy with the seats in our 2018 XUV500 W11(O). Lack of good thigh support is making me feel very uncomfortable, and parents are getting back ache. We thought it might be our tyres or suspension, but we tried other XUV's and story is same.

Any recommendation for seat replacement ? We are ready to fix 2nd row with captain seats too if needed.
Old 25th February 2019, 12:28   #4429
BHPian

I have been using a W8 AWD since 2014 Nov. Clocked over 102000km on odo.

2 weeks back while driving back from work I head a beep and noted "ENGINE" light in instrument cluster. Stopped the car, took key out and gave a rest for a minute and started again, that light flashed for 2-3 times and went off. it didn't flash that day.

From next day I started observing and found that this light comes when idling with depressed clutch especially just before a pot hole.Before the blinking of the light there is a mild change in the pitch of the engine clatter. This light will glow only when the vehicle touches the idling RPM. Once I tried driving without lowering the Rpm below 1000 and it worked out well. Once the light is on the turbo wont work , I wont feel that surge in power after 2000 Rpm and also vehicle started developing a peculiar sound (motor boat like) not from engine but from the background somewhere.

Next day car was sent to Mahindra workshop in Perinthalmanna. There they checked and told its a small loose connection in some sensors. On return journey after check up it was perfect for about 40 kms and as soon as I reached home the light started glowing again. Called up the service centre and they are telling about faulty fuel pump.

So what should I do now. Did anyone face a similar issue like this?

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_3662.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 19th April 2019 at 20:31. Reason: Spacing fixed.
cosmopolitan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 13:42   #4430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
So what should I do now. Did anyone face a similar issue like this ?
My past experience (with DZire) says that your service station should have checked for error codes and identified the related issue in their service station manual. They just cannot blindly tell you about "some" sensor issue wash their hands.

Every error code will be related to some sensor and they need to patiently scan the memory and catch the right one. I suggest you stand next to them while they scan and ask them to list out all the error codes that they can recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
I was under the assumption that the car's engine can't be shut down if we press the Start/Stop button while the car is in motion. However, on pressing it thrice, the engine turns off and you have to press it one more time to turn it on again.
This is normal. When I sometime misjudge the traffic and slow down in higher gear get the engine stall. All the while in motion with clutch depressed, I push the key twice and its alive again. You just need to make sure kids with busy hands and other stuff should not be near the ignition key. I have even stopped carrying my wallet in my cargo pant left knee pocket for the fear of accidentally touching the push button.

Last edited by prithm : 25th February 2019 at 13:48.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 05:22   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
How can one call this a VFM vehicle? I feel sorry for the present owners. What happens when the warranty period is over? I'd rather pay a few lakhs more for an Innova and have peace of mind during the ownership period.
I feel the present generation XUV has already sorted out the shuddering issue. As far as Innova Crysta vs XUV500 is concerned, it is like comparing Hero Honda CBZ with Bajaj Priya Scooter, both were 150 cc machines and Bajaj Priya was a very reliable and perfect family scooter, but CBZ was for a totally different set of customers. Innova Crysta is an MPV and a people mover, and XUV500 carries a totally different image and both vehicles cater to customers with totally different set of likings.

Regards.
Old 15th March 2019, 13:48   #4432
BHPian

Anybody found solution to the bounciness at the rear?

I tried Rogerab for the rear suspension, but not much of a difference. When I go over the speed-breaker, it still takes 2-3 bounces before it settles.

Heard about suspension (struts) from Arc Industries: http://www.arcindustries.co.in/single-post.php?i=12

Anybody tried this? Does it address the rear bounciness or make the ride too stiff?

Last edited by GTO : 15th March 2019 at 16:45. Reason: Poor language & grammar
denomathew is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th March 2019, 14:20   #4433
BHPian

hello fellow Cheeta Owners,

has anyone got any news that by when/if the XUV500 would be getting Apple Car Play capability. Even the XUV300 is coming with Apple Car Play and not having it in my XUV500 kind of puts me off.

Any input/news on this issue would be welcome friends.

Regards
Old 19th March 2019, 20:23   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Hello Friends,
I have a 2 day old W11 AWD, which fails to read the USB drive as soon as the infotainment system starts up, further after a delay it reads one audio file and toggles off to FM radio, in a while, failing to detect the USB(4 GB data in a 8 GB drive). Further the track cannot be changed as it reasons " Indexing in progress, please wait" and the wait is never ending. On restarting the system, if fails to read the USB again. I tried minimizing multiple folders to mere 8 big folders, brought a new higher capacity(16 GB) drive, but the problem persists. The same USB drive has been working well in my Kwid though. Has anyone encountered the similar issues?

The USB is finally working fine. I raised the issue to M & M customer care. The technical team from M&M made necessary arrangements to take the collection of songs from me through their local dealership, which sent them via google drive. Mr Allan from Karnataka Agencies, Udupi was kind enough to sort the matter for me.Apparently they found three songs files corrupted (of the 5GB data), which had to be removed. Some songs had to renamed as they had special characters in their name. I am not aware of the technicality of the music files (format, extension etc), but the system is working well.
Old 13th April 2019, 23:05   #4435
BHPian

What is the latest software version for Gen 1 XUV?
Old 19th April 2019, 17:19   #4436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
Just purchased XUV500 Service / Repair / Workshop manual so if anybody wants a copy let me know...
Hi @dreamz_mak

Could you please share the workshop manual of the XUV500 ? Mine has quite a few problems with the head unit and some fuse thing. It would be really helpful.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2019 at 17:36. Reason: Formatted
Old 19th April 2019, 19:29   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I have a peculiar problem with XUV w6 (2014 model).
Even my XUV has this same problem. Took it to Mahindra dealer and they told it would be Rs. 7500 to fix and no guarantee of warranty that it won't break.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th April 2019 at 20:20. Reason: Post fixed.
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:45   #4438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Multiple potential candidates:
1. Vacuum modulator (highest probability)
2. Turbo hose
3. Actual turbo issue (least probability)
I had same issue and it was due to faulty vacuum modulator. Got it replaced under warranty.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:47   #4439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I had same issue and it was due to faulty vacuum modulator. Got it replaced under warranty.
Clogged air filter in a friend's case. Cut turbo hose when it happened to my Scorpio the other day.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:18   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
I have been using a W8 AWD since 2014 Nov. Clocked over 102000km on odo.

2 weeks back while driving back from work I head a beep and noted "ENGINE" light in instrument cluster. Stopped the car, took key out and gave a rest for a minute and started again, that light flashed for 2-3 times and went off. it didn't flash that day.

From next day I started observing and found that this light comes when idling with depressed clutch especially just before a pot hole.Before the blinking of the light there is a mild change in the pitch of the engine clatter. This light will glow only when the vehicle touches the idling RPM. Once I tried driving without lowering the Rpm below 1000 and it worked out well. Once the light is on the turbo wont work , I wont feel that surge in power after 2000 Rpm and also vehicle started developing a peculiar sound (motor boat like) not from engine but from the background somewhere.

Next day car was sent to Mahindra workshop in Perinthalmanna. There they checked and told its a small loose connection in some sensors. On return journey after check up it was perfect for about 40 kms and as soon as I reached home the light started glowing again. Called up the service centre and they are telling about faulty fuel pump.

So what should I do now. Did anyone face a similar issue like this?

Attachment 1851857

Dude,

Did you get any update on this issue,
I am seeing the same issue in my XUV W6 2014 Model.

I notice that, whenever I take steep down ramp and idle for a min, Engine light indication is being flashed.

Have sent to service station (unfortunately when it was sent, indication has gone ) and it was checked and they told , nothing found and sent back the vehicle with 295 rupees of inspection charge.

On 5th May night, i had 400KM drive, and all over the drive I did not see the light getting flashed, and I reached the apartment complex, and went in the underground parking lot, unloaded the things near lift and switched on the vehicle again.

GOD, it started coming again. Dont know what to do.

Anyone else in this forum, seen this ?

Please update, Need to travel around 1200KM by end of this month. Dont want to take the risk of taking the vehicle out on this scenario

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks