Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 11:23   #4441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

The usual suspects are the mass airflow sensor and / or a clogged air filter. And then a cut / leaky turbo hose.

Check both of those first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
Dude,

I notice that, whenever I take steep down ramp and idle for a min, Engine light indication is being flashed.

Have sent to service station (unfortunately when it was sent, indication has gone ) and it was checked and they told , nothing found and sent back the vehicle with 295 rupees of inspection charge.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 17:25   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The usual suspects are the mass airflow sensor and / or a clogged air filter. And then a cut / leaky turbo hose.

Check both of those first.

Thanks Bro, But I don't see any power loss of engine.

So let me check mass airflow sensor and / or a clogged air filter.
Old 31st May 2019, 20:17   #4443
BHPian

Hi Guys, just received the delivery of my XUV500 W11 O AT. However neither did I get the CarPlay in the infotainment system and neither is my Android Auto working with my Samsung Note9. When I connect it with the car, nothing happens, and the AA icon remains faded. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.
Old 2nd June 2019, 20:13   #4444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hi Guys, just received the delivery of my XUV500 W11 O AT. However neither did I get the CarPlay in the infotainment system and neither is my Android Auto working with my Samsung Note9. .
Congrats on new car.

CarPlay is still not enabled I guess, there been news about it coming regularly.

Regarding AA, it is bit moody with some devices. I think it's better to check with another Android device to arrive at conclusion.
Old 7th June 2019, 16:35   #4445

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
Just purchased XUV500 Service / Repair / Workshop manual so if anybody wants a copy let me know...
Hey. Can I have a copy? Thanks.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:18   #4446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hi Guys, just received the delivery of my XUV500 W11 O AT. However neither did I get the CarPlay in the infotainment system and neither is my Android Auto working with my Samsung Note9. When I connect it with the car, nothing happens, and the AA icon remains faded. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.
My S8 is not being detected with an original cable by the system but my J5 prime is getting connected through an aftermarket cable.

The guy who who came for Demo asked me to reinstall the app and then try with a different cable. Reinstallation hasn't worked. I will try with a different cable now.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 7th June 2019 at 18:20. Reason: Information added.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:34   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
Just purchased XUV500 Service / Repair / Workshop manual so if anybody wants a copy let me know...
Do you have a soft copy? If so, I shall be very grateful if you could share it with me.
Old 8th June 2019, 12:58   #4448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
My S8 is not being detected with an original cable by the system but my J5 prime is getting connected through an aftermarket cable.

The guy who who came for Demo asked me to reinstall the app and then try with a different cable. Reinstallation hasn't worked. I will try with a different cable now.
Used a normal USB cable with C type connector for my S8 and voila, it got connected with HU and Android Auto start working as a charm. The Google assistant works brilliantly through the steering mounted Voice command button. Voice recognition success rate is rather high, was able to use the Navigation, Phone and Music functions with ease.

I am loving it.
Old 11th June 2019, 21:06   #4449
BHPian

Experts - need a little guidance. I have a 2014, 76K run, reasonably well looked after XUV. Few days back, while on the road in the first gear, the car refused to shift while trying to shift to 2nd gear. I managed to push the car to the side of the road and tried engaging the gear and the car just wouldnt engage any of the gears. I got the car towed to the Mahindra service center. The service engineer depressed the clutch and said you have a blown clutch. He said the clutch is too hard. For me the XUV clutch was always hard from day 1. I find that diagnosis a little difficult to understand.

Prior to this, there were no telltale signs. Car was running smooth, no noise, no vibrations, no difficulty in shifting gears.

Is the diagnosis by Mahindra service engineer right? What questions should I ask him? And what could be the reason if anyone has experienced this issue before?
Old 12th June 2019, 06:53   #4450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
Experts - need a little guidance. I have a 2014, 76K run, reasonably well looked after XUV. Few days back, while on the road in the first gear, the car refused to shift while trying to shift to 2nd gear. I managed to push the car to the side of the road and tried engaging the gear and the car just wouldnt engage any of the gears. I got the car towed to the Mahindra service center.
Was the level of clutch oil checked? 76k is a good long life for a clutch if you're on the OEM one so that too is possible, but check clutch oil first.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 07:19   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Was the level of clutch oil checked? 76k is a good long life for a clutch if you're on the OEM one so that too is possible, but check clutch oil first.
Thanks bud. Clutch oil was fine. That was the first thing I looked for.

What else can I ask the service engineer for?
Old 12th June 2019, 16:12   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
Thanks bud. Clutch oil was fine. That was the first thing I looked for.

What else can I ask the service engineer for?
One of my friend had the exact same issue. All well one moment and the next moment he could not change gears. The full clutch set was replaced. Apparently the XUV clutch gives way without any warnings.
Old 14th June 2019, 17:11   #4453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post

Got the infotainment system OS updated at the dealership. AA is working fine now, but no Apple CarPlay though
Old 24th June 2019, 10:26   #4454

Hi Gurus
I drive 2017 XUV 5OO W8 refresh and upgraded the ICE yesterday to the current setup from Grand Auto Music Emporium, Karol Bagh, Delhi:

1. Infinity reference comps - front
2. SoundBlast 4-CH AMP
3. Kicker Slim enclosure in the boot

The sound output and quality has greatly improved however, there seems to be an issue with the Bluetooth calling feature. Whenever I dial or any call comes, upon receiving it, I can hardly hear the other person talk, some minute voice comes out of the tweeters of the comp setup. Bluetooth features such as music playback is working fine but the "Calling" feature is not. The same is the case when I connect via Android Auto. The "Calling" feature was working fine before I upgraded my ICE.

Has any one of you experienced this or know any thing to mitigate this issue?

Regards,
Ashish
Old 24th June 2019, 10:59   #4455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
One of my friend had the exact same issue. All well one moment and the next moment he could not change gears. The full clutch set was replaced. Apparently the XUV clutch gives way without any warnings.
Self adjusting clutch they are called, new vehicles come with this type as per the mechanics, they remain pretty smooth till the last few 1000 or so kms, you may get a few judders, replace immediately.

It's worth asking them during routine servicing to get to know how long it would last , they do know how to inspect it and tell you it's estimated life.

The mhawks and some turbo diesels are known to eat through the clutch fairly rapidly if you drive it like a normal car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks