Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2019, 14:17   #4501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I have three words for you "Friend Neighbourhood Garage".

My Terrano is at 1,46,××× kms. Its been a while that I am getting it maintained through FNG and I have no reason to compain. FNG comes with cheaper costs, more personalised treatment, faster turnaround time.

I will get my XUV serviced through Mahindra A.S.S till the time it is in warranty. Once warranty is over it would also go to FNG.
Old 16th October 2019, 17:58   #4502
Senior - BHPian

If you need anti rust treatments and such get them done at 3M Car Care.

Get the suspension and brakes evaluated by a competent FNG. Brake pads are consumable and it is possible for brake disks to get scored / scratched due to for example stones getting between them and the brake pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
....I was in 2 minds about disposing off the car at this mileage but I want to wait for BS6 rollout + see the EV space evolve over the next 2 years. So have decided to keep the car for 2 years more.

Please let me know if the prices are looking ok and you guys recommend these MAXICARE treatments

Thanks!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th October 2019 at 14:44. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 17th October 2019, 12:01   #4503
BHPian

Thanks hserus

I checked with 3m and pricing is more or less same. Additionally 3M offers a 5 year warranty which is not offered by MASS. I think I will get this done from 3M only
Old 20th October 2019, 13:49   #4504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post

MAXICARE PREMIUM UNDERBODY PROTECTION SYSTEM - 2965+tax
MAXICARE INTERNAL PANEL PROTECTION SYSTEM - 2965+tax
MAXICARE SILENCER COATING - 1312+tax
MAXICARE EVAPORATOR CLEANING - 1906+tax
All the above are just money making exercises. You can ask them not to do any of those.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 23:48   #4505
BHPian

My 2017 AWD AT W10 went for a 20K service. The service advisor advised me to get the brake pads replaced - only 2-3K life left. I oblige. Take the vehicle back home. Once the vehicle heats up, slow speed braking (bumper to bumper heavy traffic), HUGE squeaking sound. Something similar to a high-frequency flute being played. Dropped back to the service center. They cleaned it, did some greasing, sent me home for me to hear it back again. The issue doesn't get fixed. I go back to them, royally upset. This time, they replace the new brake pads, with another set of brand new pads. I go back home only to hear it back. Same sound at the same (slow) speed. Man, it is frustrating.

Now, everything was fine until I dropped the vehicle off for service. They changed the pads and this problem started. Where can this go so wrong? In Bangalore traffic, with the speed at which we travel during rush hours, I hear this sound all the way to work and back. Any ideas on what this is? Did anyone face something similar?
Old 27th October 2019, 07:40   #4506
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
My 2017 AWD AT W10 went for a 20K service. The service advisor advised me to get the brake pads replaced - only 2-3K life left. I oblige. Take the vehicle back home. Once the vehicle heats up, slow speed braking (bumper to bumper heavy traffic), HUGE squeaking sound. Something similar to a high-frequency flute being played. Dropped back to the service center. They cleaned it, did some greasing, sent me home for me to hear it back again. The issue doesn't get fixed. I go back to them, royally upset. This time, they replace the new brake pads, with another set of brand new pads. I go back home only to hear it back. Same sound at the same (slow) speed. Man, it is frustrating.

Now, everything was fine until I dropped the vehicle off for service. They changed the pads and this problem started. Where can this go so wrong? In Bangalore traffic, with the speed at which we travel during rush hours, I hear this sound all the way to work and back. Any ideas on what this is? Did anyone face something similar?
More than quality of parts , I suspect the workmanship at the service center. Please escalate to the customer service manager at the service center level and the issue should get the attention it deserves.

BTW, which brake pads are we talking about? Front or rear?

20k Kms is a bit too early for replacing brake pads unless you have been using them heavily. Stock ones are from Galfer and are pretty good, though expensive.

Last edited by SDP : 27th October 2019 at 07:42.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 07:59   #4507
Senior - BHPian

My stock brake pads on this Scorpio have lasted around 46k so far. But then most of the km on this have been highway use with very little call for braking.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 11:10   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
More than quality of parts , I suspect the workmanship at the service center. Please escalate to the customer service manager at the service center level and the issue should get the attention it deserves.

BTW, which brake pads are we talking about? Front or rear?

20k Kms is a bit too early for replacing brake pads unless you have been using them heavily. Stock ones are from Galfer and are pretty good, though expensive.
These are the front ones am talking about. I have already escalated and the change to another set of new pads happened after the escalation. They told me that for Automatic transmission vehicles, 20k is what the life is. Is that true?

Anyways hopefully this gets sorted out soon. No one faced this issue?
Old 28th October 2019, 13:26   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
These are the front ones am talking about. I have already escalated and the change to another set of new pads happened after the escalation. They told me that for Automatic transmission vehicles, 20k is what the life is. Is that true?

Anyways hopefully this gets sorted out soon. No one faced this issue?
I got the 20K service done last week for my XUV5OO W11 AT(O) and my service advisor recommended to change front brake pads as they had 2-3K kms of life left in them. He said that it is based on your driving style and how much you can plan your braking manoeuvre. He has seen front brake pad replacement in AT vehicles from 10K to 30K.
From the 20K I have driven, 50% has been on highway where I can plan the braking but in the rest 10K in bumper to bumper Mumbai traffic, it is next to impossible to do so as the traffic determines the braking. I also refrain ( to reduce gear box wear and tear which will be costlier to replace than brake pads) from putting the gear to N unless it is a traffic light. So holding the car stationary with the gear in D will eat up brake pads faster. Seems the clutch replacement cost of manual is replaced with brake pad replacement cost in AT.
Swaroop77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 21:34   #4510
BHPian

My XUV was hit by an auto, who deliberately aimed and hit my vehicle, for no apparent reason. He wa driving in his left, suddnly came to his right , hit my vehicle and sped away.

The accident damaged my right side rear view mirror. The top panel of the mirror assembly is broken, but the mirror is in tact and the motor is working well. Should I get this repaired by only the dealer or can I get it done outside? If so, can you please suggest a reliable mechanic in South Bangalore? My vehicle is 2012 W8.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20191101_205723.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20191101_205622.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2019, 11:15   #4511
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post

The accident damaged my right side rear view mirror. The top panel of the mirror assembly is broken, but the mirror is in tact and the motor is working well. Should I get this repaired by only the dealer or can I get it done outside? If so, can you please suggest a reliable mechanic in South Bangalore? My vehicle is 2012 W8.
The turn indicator is smashed and needs to be replaced for sure. It's a child part and can be bought separately. Cost would be about 900-1000 Rs. Not very clear from the pics if any part of the black plastic structure is broken. If yes, then the entire mirror assembly would need replacement. Cost would be in the 9K range. The body-colored panel that is missing from the mirror ...did you stop and picked it up? If that is also gone, (and if black plastic is not damaged), then even that body colored panel can be bought separately. No idea about its price. It comes in a single color and needs to be painted to the body color. If you can procure the parts or if the garage can procure the parts (and have a paint booth), only then a local garage makes sense. Otherwise it's the authorized service center.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:28   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The turn indicator is smashed and needs to be replaced for sure. It's a child part and can be bought separately. Cost would be about 900-1000 Rs. Not very clear from the pics if any part of the black plastic structure is broken. If yes, then the entire mirror assembly would need replacement. Cost would be in the 9K range. The body-colored panel that is missing from the mirror ...did you stop and picked it up? If that is also gone, (and if black plastic is not damaged), then even that body colored panel can be bought separately. No idea about its price. It comes in a single color and needs to be painted to the body color. If you can procure the parts or if the garage can procure the parts (and have a paint booth), only then a local garage makes sense. Otherwise it's the authorized service center.
A very small part of of the black plastic is broken. I don't know if that would warrant changing the entire assembly.

I didn't stop to pick up the body coloured part, as i saw it brken into pieces. Besides, I was too stunned to react rationally.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 11:10   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
Dude,

Did you get any update on this issue,
I am seeing the same issue in my XUV W6 2014 Model.

I notice that, whenever I take steep down ramp and idle for a min, Engine light indication is being flashed.

Have sent to service station (unfortunately when it was sent, indication has gone ) and it was checked and they told , nothing found and sent back the vehicle with 295 rupees of inspection charge.

On 5th May night, i had 400KM drive, and all over the drive I did not see the light getting flashed, and I reached the apartment complex, and went in the underground parking lot, unloaded the things near lift and switched on the vehicle again.

GOD, it started coming again. Dont know what to do.

Anyone else in this forum, seen this ?

Please update, Need to travel around 1200KM by end of this month. Dont want to take the risk of taking the vehicle out on this scenario
Hi Sorry for the delay. The problem was diagnosed to be faulty fuel filter and got it replaced from Mahindra ASC.
Old 13th December 2019, 14:21   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Hi Sorry for the delay. The problem was diagnosed to be faulty fuel filter and got it replaced from Mahindra ASC.
Nothing about "faulty" - they need to be changed every 2 years or 30-40 thousand km (or even earlier if you're filling from dodgy pumps from time to time).
Old 24th December 2019, 19:04   #4515

Hi,
Two days ago, with 98K on the odo, my clutch gave way. I managed to get home although the clutch pedal was very hard and shifting gears was difficult. Managed to get to the MASS, Randhawa Motors in Chunabhatti also.
As expected, he told me that the clutch plate, pressure plate etc need replacement, all for an amount of 25k. Fine so far.

In addition, he said that the engine foundation and the gearbox foundation also needed change. Fair enough. 30k now but ok.

But he also said that the flywheel may need replacement, though he hasn't opened it yet.

My question is that if the clutch has lasted till nearly 100k km, it basically means that the vehicle has been driven well and the clutch was due for replacement. That being the case, why does the flywheel need changing?
As I said, he hasn't looked at it yet. The car is now 5 years old and it has performed well.

Can someone throw some light please?

Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks