Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:19   #4486
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 2,365 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by baanroy View Post
Wanted to check is it possible that carrying both keys could trigger check engine light?
Yes. I always carry both keys on my long drive. One key with my co-passenger and one with me. Never had a problem. I can also lock the car keeping one key inside by using other key in which case the key inside is disabled until next unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baanroy View Post
Another problem i faced this time was frequent disconnection of android auto with my pixel 2xl during drive. I use an amazon basics usb to type c cable for connection. Any possible fix for that?
I use Pixel 3 with short cable bought from amazon. And haven't had any issues. You can try clearing pending updates for your phone, app and if not, ICE.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 22:56   #4487
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Yes. I always carry both keys on my long drive. One key with my co-passenger and one with me. Never had a problem. I can also lock the car keeping one key inside by using other key in which case the key inside is disabled until next unlock.
Thanks Avinash. Yes seems incredible that carrying two keys could cause immobiliser trouble. Will take up with the service center on my next visit.
baanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2019, 11:25   #4488
Senior - BHPian
 
BANDHAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 819 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I am borderline embarassed to ask this but have to ask anyway, "How can I exit the Naviagation on the OEM HU of XUV"?

I punched in a destination 2 days back and Naviagation keeps trying to take me to that location whenever I am driving. Right now I have muted the Navigation Audio but I know it is working in the background.
BANDHAV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2019, 22:22   #4489
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Hello friends, I have a 2015 W6. It appears that the rear-centre sensors have conked off. The rear side sensors are working fine while the centre one shows "error". I have taken extended warranty, would sensors replacement be covered under that? There has been no accident or external damage to the bumper/sensor
Car-riedAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2019, 11:17   #4490
BHPian
 
ShellZee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 32
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

[quote=BANDHAV;4646005]I am borderline embarassed to ask this but have to ask anyway, "How can I exit the Naviagation on the OEM HU of XUV"?

Go to the Nav Tab, and on the screen End/Finish the journey. If you scroll up from the base of the screen, its the centre button, if I remember correctly. And this issue is not uncommon. The system isn't as intuitive as Android Auto.
ShellZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 18:24   #4491
BHPian
 
PMK-MoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KA51/AP07
Posts: 132
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Hi
I own W8 2013 Model, drove more than 80k kms.
So far no major niggles except some small stuff.
Few days back while we are out of city AC compressors started making slight noise. Took it to near by MASS and without any troubleshooting they suggested to replace compressor. As the noise is not loud decided to get it to Bangalore. I generally used to visit Ananth cars but this time visited Sireesh singasandra. Its been 4days in Service Center, they couldn't figure out the problem and tried replacing some parts but as per service Manager the issue is not rectified and suggesting to replace Compressor.
Anyone in the forum experienced Compressor failure. Appreciate if you can share your experience or suggest any alternate options or AC experts in Bangalore.
Thanks in Advance.
PMK-MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 21:32   #4492
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 252
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi
I own W8 2013 Model, drove more than 80k kms.
So far no major niggles except some small stuff.
Few days back while we are out of city AC compressors started making slight noise. Took it to near by MASS and without any troubleshooting they suggested to replace compressor. As the noise is not loud decided to get it to Bangalore. I generally used to visit Ananth cars but this time visited Sireesh singasandra. Its been 4days in Service Center, they couldn't figure out the problem and tried replacing some parts but as per service Manager the issue is not rectified and suggesting to replace Compressor.
Anyone in the forum experienced Compressor failure. Appreciate if you can share your experience or suggest any alternate options or AC experts in Bangalore.
Thanks in Advance.
In my case AC compressor starts making some noise after half an hour running or so. The service centre people has said that its the bearing noise from the compressor and the entire compressor needs to be replaced.

The ac is working totally fine till now so didn't bother.
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 22:08   #4493
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea (Bihar)
Posts: 6,233
Thanked: 7,154 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post

The ac is working totally fine till now so didn't bother.
If you have taken extended warranty, ask them to replace it. Or write to the customer care.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2019, 22:46   #4494
BHPian
 
SX4LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highway
Posts: 292
Thanked: 139 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Nothing except the irritating rattles and vibration sounds every now and then. I am happy with my vehicle and of all goes well might replace with the Alturas.
SX4LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 23:08   #4495
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,327
Thanked: 5,331 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Anyone in the forum experienced Compressor failure. Appreciate if you can share your experience or suggest any alternate options or AC experts in Bangalore..
Irrespective of replacement required or not, they have to give an analysis of actual issue. Suggest you take your vehicle to Chrome motor's Mysore road. Bit far from your current service center, however Chrome is good with analysing issues.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 09:15   #4496
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,216
Thanked: 4,280 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Irrespective of replacement required or not, they have to give an analysis of actual issue. Suggest you take your vehicle to Chrome motor's Mysore road. Bit far from your current service center, however Chrome is good with analysing issues.
Several bhpians in other threads have recommended this place http://www.adityacarac.com/

Going to a specialist AC place rather than an ASS is probably the best thing to do with AC service. Likewise tyres, radiator, injectors need specialists:

Last edited by hserus : 9th September 2019 at 09:16.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!! hell yeah Technical Stuff 77 13th May 2015 16:01
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks