Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:38   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivian_thomas View Post
Also, please let me know the ideal speed to shift the gear to 5th slot.
Not speed! RPM - that dial on the left that so few people even bother to glance at, looks like.

Reaches 1500-2000 RPM - switch from 1st to 2nd gear

Every 2000-2500 RPM thereafter - switch to a higher gear. Or a lower one if your speed reduction causes an RPM drop.
Old 14th January 2019, 12:56   #4412
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,

My XUV has done 77,000 KM and I'm feeling the judder while releasing the clutch pedal especially in the city traffic after driving for a while in the start-stop Bangalore traffic. Though it's not so evident on the highway drives as it mainly occurs during engaging 1st and 2nd gears.

I feel its increasing gradually day by day. I'm worried that it may go kaput soon and would like to go in for the replacement soon. So please share your experiences and the costs involved. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 26th January 2019, 12:43   #4413
BHPian

Dear All,

My uncle recently picked up a 2015 XUV500. The car had done only 22k kms when he bought it and he has done another 3k kms now. Last week he faced sudden loss of pickup and power on the highway and the green colour 'check engine' light popped up on the instrument cluster.

He took the car to Mahindra and they diagnosed it as a cloogged up air filter after scanning the car for error codes through OBD port. The filter in the car was caked with dust and After replacing the filter the error code was rectified and the car was behiaving normally.

But yesterday again he faced loss of power on the highway and the car refused to go beyond 80-90kmph in 6th gear. The engine light has popped up again. He is worried about the cause and told me he had driven in dusty conditions for about 100kms yesterday.

I suspect a faulty MAF sensor to be the cause and have asked my uncle to get it checked at Mahindra. What are your thoughts? Has any fellow XUV owner faced such a situation.
Old 26th January 2019, 13:38   #4414
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Dear All,

My uncle recently picked up a 2015 XUV500. The car had done only 22k kms ...

But yesterday again he faced loss of power on the highway and the car refused to go beyond 80-90kmph in 6th gear. The engine light has popped up again. He is worried about the cause and told me he had driven in dusty conditions for about 100kms yesterday.

I suspect a faulty MAF sensor to be the cause and have asked my uncle to get it checked at Mahindra. What are your thoughts? Has any fellow XUV owner faced such a situation.
Multiple potential candidates:
1. Vacuum modulator (highest probability)
2. Turbo hose
3. Actual turbo issue (least probability)
Old 27th January 2019, 15:13   #4415

All,

My 7 month old, 15k kms driven XUV 500 is showing some trouble with the fuel indicator.

Took out my XUV for a long drive after filling full tank. The indicator is stuck at max level since then and would not budge.

I stopped mid way for a refill doubting the indicator and was able to fill up 22 litres of diesel. So something's fishy with the fuel indicator. Any help? Anyone know what could be the problem and any DIY fix?

Thanks!!
Old 27th January 2019, 23:12   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie81 View Post
All,

My 7 month old, 15k kms driven XUV 500 is showing some trouble with the fuel indicator.

Took out my XUV for a long drive after filling full tank. The indicator is stuck at max level since then and would not budge.
So something's fishy with the fuel indicator. Any help? Anyone know what could be the problem and any DIY fix?
Thanks!!
Archie I am also facing the same issue..The fuel indicator doesn’t budge for first 250-300KM after full tank but is surprisingly quite accurate after that, the low fuel warning lamp comes on around halfway through the second last notch and after reaching the last notch the low fuel indicator starts blinking when there is below 7L of fuel in tank.
I had projected this niggle during service and they conveniently avoided it. This problem will only be observed by someone who always does tankful.. I have now started to live with this problem.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 07:18   #4417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie81 View Post

Thanks!!
Most probably the Speedo is faulty or the floater in the tank. Well your Car is in warranty, so don't worry you won't be spending a penny on this issue as these are expensive problems to fix.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 14:30   #4418

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
... but is surprisingly quite accurate after that, the low fuel warning lamp comes on around halfway through the second last notch and after reaching the last notch the low fuel indicator starts blinking when there is below 7L of fuel in tank.
I had projected this niggle during service and they conveniently avoided it. This problem will only be observed by someone who always does tankful.. I have now started to live with this problem.
I figured as much, but kept refilling out of fear of getting stranded somewhere. But on the way back, took the chance and did not refill the tank. Like you said, the indicator starts working after ~300Kms. This is not a problem but more of a design fault. Essentially, there is another 20 liters worth of space above the max limit of fuel indicator/ float, which we can fill up, but wont show up on the gauge. The indicator will be at max till this extra fuel is consumed and then resume to work normally.
I was more worried that the float is faulty or stuck somewhere and I would not know when the tank goes dry. I choose to ignore this problem as I don't see it as an issue at all. May be Mahindra would have fixed this in the latest XUVs or fix this in the future.
Old 13th February 2019, 20:02   #4419
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I have a 2 day old W11 AWD, which fails to read the USB drive as soon as the infotainment system starts up, further after a delay it reads one audio file and toggles off to FM radio, in a while, failing to detect the USB(4 GB data in a 8 GB drive). Further the track cannot be changed as it reasons " Indexing in progress, please wait" and the wait is never ending. On restarting the system, if fails to read the USB again. I tried minimizing multiple folders to mere 8 big folders, brought a new higher capacity(16 GB) drive, but the problem persists. The same USB drive has been working well in my Kwid though. Has anyone encountered the similar issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screenshot_20190213194522_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by manipal : 13th February 2019 at 20:09. Reason: Attachment was missing
Old 13th February 2019, 21:49   #4420
Senior - BHPian

Stick all the music in a single directory (the drive root, no folders) and see.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 08:31   #4421
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Hello Friends,
I have a 2 day old W11 AWD, which fails to read the USB drive as soon as the infotainment system starts up, further after a delay it reads one audio file and toggles off to FM radio, in a while, failing to detect the USB(4 GB data in a 8 GB drive). Further the track cannot be changed as it reasons " Indexing in progress, please wait" and the wait is never ending. On restarting the system, if fails to read the USB again. I tried minimizing multiple folders to mere 8 big folders, brought a new higher capacity(16 GB) drive, but the problem persists. The same USB drive has been working well in my Kwid though. Has anyone encountered the similar issues?
Pretty common problem in earlier generation XUVs. The infotainment system struggles to read large amount of data. It is also a bit finicky in terms of certain USB drives. Please reduce the music to something like 2GB on the old drive and try again. If it is able to read that correctly, gradually add more songs to the same drive. Do let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't work, you might have to show it to the service center folks. But, I am pretty sure that with lesser data, the infotainment would be able to
play music.

Last edited by SDP : 14th February 2019 at 17:29.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 08:57   #4422
BHPian

@manipal,

I had the same problem in my W11 XUV500 AWD AT. An 8gb usb drive which worked in my other car, was stuck in "Indexing" phase in XUV500. I bought a new usb drive, formatted to EXFAT and it works without any issues. I think i have some 7 to 8 folders with songs occupying like 25% of the drive capacity.
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 13:09   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
@manipal,

I bought a new usb drive, formatted to EXFAT and it works without any issues.
I did try this method, but now the USB fails to be recognized by the system.
sounds as USB error

Last edited by SDP : 14th February 2019 at 17:28. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 14th February 2019, 13:40   #4424
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nd-2020-411525

How the tables have turned!! XUV 500 lends itself to Ford as platform for Fords own C-SUV! Ford is known for driving dynamics and Mahindra is known for just the opposite! It remains to be seen how this relationship pans out and how the products turn out!!
Old 14th February 2019, 13:58   #4425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Please reduce the music to something like 2GB on the old drive and try again. If its is able to read that correctly, gradually add more songs to the same drive. Do let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't work, you might have to show it to the service center folks. But, I am pretty sure that with lesser data, the infotainment would be able to
play music.

I did reduce the file size to under 1.5 GB, still not working. I had called up the service centre technician yesterday, he too was unfamiliar with the situation and asked me to get the vehicle. Will update soon
manipal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks