Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 23:09   #4276
BHPian

Start/stop function of my xuv does not work sometimes. Indicator flashes when i take my leg off the clutch but engine does not stop. Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour?
Old 26th November 2017, 01:09   #4277
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Start/stop function of my xuv does not work sometimes. Indicator flashes when i take my leg off the clutch but engine does not stop. Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour?
This happens when the battery of the car is weak enough for the function to work. So, check and best is to change the battery
krishnaraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 14:30   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag2501 View Post
Guys I really need help on this one. The theft alarm of my xuv goes off on its own every now and then. It has become a nuisance for my building as well because at times it goes off at unearthly hours. It has become really embarrassing.
Is there a way I can turn it off permanently?
Had this issue about a year back and the local service centre had done something to rectify it.
Change the little black plastic sensor that is located under the bonnet, where the bonnet lock is located. Basically when the bonnet is closed properly, this little black plastic sensor gets compressed and the system knows the bonnet is closed.

With time, this sensors goes kaput. I have faced this issue as well. Have replaced this 3 times since 2013. My XUV has now done 1,06,000km and everytime i go over a hard bump, i get the notification on screen "careful one of the doors is open" with the bonnet sign. I think the sensor has again gone kaput. will change it soon
Old 29th November 2017, 12:35   #4279
BHPian

Hey Guys, so I recently purchased a pre-worshiped XUV500 W8 of May 2014 clocked at 30000 Kms, I went to install / upgrade the ICE with the following equipment

1. Focal iBus 2.1 UnderSeat Subwoofer
2. Focal 500watts 4Ch. Amp
3. Focal Components in the front door.
4. Stock Speakers in rear door.
5. Hi-Lo Converter

As soon as these were powered on, i started hearing hissing sound (when HU was off) and i also heard engine revs / humming inside on speaker

The guys troubleshooted a lot to find the cause, change the RCA Cables to shielded ones etc but nothing would work, they changed AMP as well for testing. Finally gave up & thought that it was the HU and it needed to be repaired. I had read on this issue on this forum & was well aware of it but was hoping it would not occur on my XUV but alas!

When I came home, I tried to do some testing on the speakers and found that when I increased the volume to full the music was very distorted, so to fix this I kept music volume at full & I went down to the AMP & reduced the gains set to +6db down to +1db where it was no longer distorting & to my surprise the humming & hissing noise was completely gone.

I think this issue is due to the stock HU providing more power by default to the speakers, rendering adding an AMP useless. I will test my speaker setup without the AMPs and see if that makes any difference in sound quality.
dreamz_mak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 13:39   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
I think this issue is due to the stock HU providing more power by default to the speakers, rendering adding an AMP useless. I will test my speaker setup without the AMPs and see if that makes any difference in sound quality.
I have a 2014 w6 and i faced the same issue after fixing a underseat subwoofer. The issue that i gaced was that voice was distorting alot and even hissing voice was heard even without any song being played. So I removed the RCA cables from the woofer and there was no hissing sound, so it was confirmed that it due to the HU.

So finally i reduced the volume knob to 25% on the woofer after that the hissing voice is very negligible and even the voice is not distorting in high volume and the bass is good too. I even kept the treble at full via HU and Bass at negative 4, equaliser to jazz. Really enjoying the music now with this little upgrade.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 11:49   #4281
BHPian

Guys Anybody has any pictures of wirings/sockets behind the center console?
during the dash removal there was a connector at the very far right side (or closest to drivers side) which only has 1 yellow wire in that entire socket. during the dismantling process the connector didn't come out but the wire did now i am not sure in which hole it goes back in to, and i think this is related to the ESP switch cause my esp button no longer works.
I will be opening the dash soon to install that vinyl on the edges so if anyone has some information regarding this yellow connection & which hole does it go to, please let me know.

Although i never ever need to turn off ESP it would be good to have this fixed as its bothering me
Old 7th December 2017, 09:44   #4282

Hi,
Am a proud Cheetah W8/2014 owner/driver for 3 years / 40k KM now. No complaints, persuaded 3 others to buy too!
After 40k service, 2 weeks ago, system showed "Low Tyre Pressure" in Front Left tyre one morning, and it went off on its own. Happened 4 times during the day - at different times. Took it to service centre, they said they dont see anything wrong, didnt fix anything (charged me Rs 195/- though).
On this monday, after filling diesel (Engine was off), didnt see the fuel indicator show the new fuel quantity. Had to restart twice before it showed. In the Infotainment panel, Distance To Zero was updated, but, clicking on RESET didnt respond. Took a few minutes to realilze touch wasnt working. Again, after a few minutes, all touch functions started working.
Yesterday, I received the tyre pressure alert again in the same front left, again, touch didnt work. Service centre says it may be some problem with the infotainment panel, and needs to be investigated / repaired by Nippon, could take a week.
(I am covered by extended warranty anyway)

Right now, both tire pressure and touch seem to be intermittent!

Curious to know if anyone else faced these, especially around the 3year / 40k mark?

Thanks in advance,
kk
Old 7th December 2017, 10:07   #4283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbv View Post
Curious to know if anyone else faced these, especially around the 3year / 40k mark?
Due to colder temperatures, the pressure if it was already on boundary levels would fall further. Hence the warning would show up - absolutely normal. Best is to measure with some external gauge and compare to values on the BlueSense app. A difference of 2-3 PSI is OK - attribute to calibration errors.

Infotainment going unresponsive/ touch issues - cross verify the latest versions of the firmware with the similar model car that claims to have latest in the ASC garage. If all is well - nothing much to do. Could be issue with hardware itself and it's time to make friends in warranty claims department of your ASC garage. On the other hand, the issue could just simply be of a lot of debug logs getting piled up n memory that renders the response of software on touchscreen as super slow. A factory reset/ reflash should be easiest solution.

By the way, why did you get charged for doing nothing at ASC? whats the bill show up?
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 14:08   #4284

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Due to colder temperatures, the pressure if it was already on boundary levels would fall further.
===============
By the way, why did you get charged for doing nothing at ASC? whats the bill show up?
ASC bill says "Tyre Pressure - Check and Adjust"
If the pressure is indeed low, why would the warning go off on its own? And the same tyre again?
Reg touchscreen, guess I will have to leave it to ASC to handle.
Just that I am planning a 1000 km road trip this weekend. Don't want tyres to trouble me while doing 100 kmph.
Old 7th December 2017, 15:51   #4285
BHPian

Need a small clarification, is the W8 2016 Model any different from the 2017 Model?
Would there be any problems or issues taking an older model from the factory?
Old 7th December 2017, 16:50   #4286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the pressure is indeed low, why would the warning go off on its own? And the same tyre again?
After a little bit of use or rising temperatures, tyre pressure will rise too - that brings back the PSI values to above warning threshold. And for that bill, you are taken for ride! Be careful in future to pay for something that is so ridiculous - unless they had to remove tyres and inspect the sensors. A corner puncture shop will perform tyre pressure check free for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
Need a small clarification, is the W8 2016 Model any different from the 2017 Model?
Would there be any problems or issues taking an older model from the factory?
I am not sure what exact changes on models happened - there was some important change of having push button start mechanism on W8 which was not there earlier. There is no more W8 version on market. The new is W9. By the way, any car that is so long in inventory - perform thorough checks PDIs and bunch of goodies/ discounts before you sign the delivery note!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 21:45   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I am not sure what exact changes on models happened - there was some important change of having push button start mechanism on W8 which was not there earlier. There is no more W8 version on market. The new is W9. By the way, any car that is so long in inventory - perform thorough checks PDIs and bunch of goodies/ discounts before you sign the delivery note!
Thanks Avi. I was planning to do a thorough check before giving the go-ahead for the deal. The vehicle has 56kms on the ODO, and is the push-button Model (keyless entry). On paper a good deal, would hold on to my horses till a full check.
AvinashKeezh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 15:15   #4288
BHPian

does anyone still have the workshop / maintenance manual for XUV500?
Old 13th December 2017, 16:47   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
does anyone still have the workshop / maintenance manual for XUV500?
Just purchased XUV500 Service / Repair / Workshop manual so if anybody wants a copy let me know...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-capture.png  

dreamz_mak is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 18:53   #4290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ASC bill says "Tyre Pressure - Check and Adjust"
If the pressure is indeed low, why would the warning go off on its own? And the same tyre again?.
As Avinash mentioned, do check pressure in all 5 tyres using a gauge. Issue you face could be due to any of the below -

- Tyre pressure low in any tyre due to puncture / valve issue.
- Tyre roated at service center and TPMS learning not done properly.
- TPMS sensor of any tyre got kaput.

Apart from issue 1, rest all can be fixed after your trip based on your convenience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks