Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2018, 20:39   #4306
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I was very fortunate to get a XUV-500 W6 in 2012 which was almost completely free of any niggles. Naturally, I made negligible contributions to this thread. With time, however, some problems did crop up.

I sold my XUV a few days ago after 5 years and 4 months, clocking only 50,500 KM. I have written a brief Long-term Ownership Report (which lists all the niggles I faced) on my ownership thread which can be seen here.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 13:12   #4307

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats on your new car.
The issue may be due to sensor going kaput. However, to be sure, do go through a 'tyre learning' process once. You can find the video on YouTube incase you are not familiar with procedure. This will help you in identifying the issue. If you have a sensor issue, learning will not be completed and during check of problematic tyre it will exit the procedure.

From your location, I am guessing you are from Bangalore. If so, do get the vehicle checked at Chrome Adugodi also. Many XUV owners in Bangalore have positive feedback from them.

However, what was the issue you were facing since past one year related to clutch ? You were noticing any difference in the way vehicle was responding?
I had the same problem with My XUV W8. The problem persisted even after 3 attempts to rectify by going through the tyre learning process. Some erratic TPMS problems can be cured by disconnecting the Battery and reconnecting it after a short interval ( enough to let any capacitance in the system to get discharged. I discovered this accidentally when I replaced the battery and found that the problem had disappeared. Worth a try and costs nothing.
neerajsharma48 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 21:11   #4308
BHPian

On my XUV W10 AWD AT that I just bought (2017 Sep), the driver seat (am the driver 100% of time) makes a click sound whenever I brake in a not very sudden but a gradual slow down manner. The click comes only when the slow down happens in a certain decelerated way. I am not able to reproduce it when showing it to the ASS. I went for my 2nd free service (5K one). Folks in the service center have tried everything but are unable to reproduce. One reason may be that all of them are puny (weight wise) compared to me. Am like a 110 KG 6.1 footer. I doubt they even weigh 75. And the problem is that I feel the click on my body more than the actual sound that I hear.

Anyone having a similar issue?
Old 27th March 2018, 17:42   #4309

Hi All,

I am facing cooling issue with my XUV. I have a base variant and I have tried switching on rear AC but problem still persists. I visited India Garage service center in Peenya and the technician assessment was he needs time. I was expecting he will check few key areas which could point out the probable cause. I was also told that if there are issues found it will not be covered under extended warranty.

Need help please.

Regards
Sagar
Old 27th March 2018, 18:29   #4310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post
Hi All,

I am facing cooling issue with my XUV. I have a base variant and I have tried switching on rear AC but problem still persists. I visited India Garage service center in Peenya and the technician assessment was he needs time. I was expecting he will check few key areas which could point out the probable cause. I was also told that if there are issues found it will not be covered under extended warranty.

Need help please.

Regards
Sagar
Do you have cooling issue for the first 2 rows or the Rear AC ? It can also be the switch near the buttons which usually goes kaput so basically even if the light on the button lits up the AC does not get activated, Try elaborating the problem you have though.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 20:29   #4311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Do you have cooling issue for the first 2 rows or the Rear AC ? It can also be the switch near the buttons which usually goes kaput so basically even if the light on the button lits up the AC does not get activated, Try elaborating the problem you have though.
Yes the issue is with first 2 rows, am pretty sure that AC switches are working fine but cooling temperature is not adequate
Old 1st April 2018, 07:14   #4312

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post
Yes the issue is with first 2 rows, am pretty sure that AC switches are working fine but cooling temperature is not adequate
Hi

When was the A/C filter last changed ? Do you experience less throw out of the A/C fans. If filter is clogged you may feel less/no Cooling. Usually filter is changed every 10 K KM's.
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:33   #4313

Hi,

Yes, during second service they changed the cabin filter, and you have guessed it correctly the throw from blower has considerably reduced.
In addition I noticed it during an intermediate repair due to rat infestation they have replaced the evaporator and they have check with pipes for leaks.

Regards
Sagar
Old 11th April 2018, 17:14   #4314
BHPian

My friend's XUV is having some issue related to engine noise while acceleration between 1000-2000 rpm. The engine sound becomes normal past 2000 rpm and only happens while acceleration between this RPM band. It doesn't happen on cruising in this RPM range. Car is 2013 model and done only 45k. There is no issue in performance but it's only the additional nose. What could be potential issue?
Old 16th April 2018, 23:41   #4315
BHPian

Does anyone conclusively know the cost of front windshield + rain n light sensors. I am given a quote of 17000/- for the replacement of these (2011, W8) from the ASC in Bangalore. i searched various threads in our forum, other forums, spare parts websites etc and what i could see is that the prices range from 6500/- to 13500/-. Not even a single place where its above 13.5k.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 16th April 2018, 23:52   #4316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
Does anyone conclusively know the cost of front windshield + rain n light sensors.
Since you mentioned Bangalore. Know someone who replaced it under insurance few weeks back. Thanks to insurance he did not pay the full amount, however mentioned that the quote was for Rs 16200. This was at Chrome motors.
Old 17th April 2018, 02:18   #4317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Since you mentioned Bangalore. Know someone who replaced it under insurance few weeks back. Thanks to insurance he did not pay the full amount, however mentioned that the quote was for Rs 16200. This was at Chrome motors.
Thanks Suhas, that figure you mentioned narrows the gap. May be the prices have gone up! I have one of the ORVMs also to be fixed. Anant cars is the ASC where my car is. Of course, i am also taking the insurance route.
Old 22nd April 2018, 03:50   #4318
BHPian

Hello guys, posting after really long again. Few days back I faced a weird issue with my XUV. It was also my stupid mistake actually. I got a tyre pressure low alert and mistook it for a engine oil low signal

And as I had had a really bad experience earlier with my XUV where in the engine was replaced under warranty just after a year or so due to oil pump issue, so I got scared and checked the oil level at a local pump. The pump guy said oil level is a little low. Checked at another and he too said same and also added that oil quality has gone bad too. I panicked and called my SA and he said if it’s really low then I can do a top up and bring to the service centre. I topped up with the same recommended grade oil by mahindra and took to the service centre. The SA said its the TPMS light and not engine oil light! Ya I know I know, I felt really embarrassed and stupid and still feel the same while writing this post.

But the SA explained me that I can drive the car till june atleast and then come for annual service. The last service was done in October 2017 though. But oil was last changed in july 2016 and it lasts for usually 2 years or some x number of kms. My car has run very less so kms aren’t covered obviously.

So now my dilemma and fear is that, I topped up with a different make engine oil (1 litre). Though the grade was same. 15W 40 or something. So will that affect in anyway to my car till I service it in june or july? Plus the oil level actually showed at a little higher then max level when the SA checked. He said won’t affect as the engine flushes or fumes (or something he said) out excess oil. Though the level maybe showing a bit higher coz the car was hot after driving. About the oil quality he said, the texture is a bit different of Mahindra oil, density won’t look similar but that doesn’t mean its gone bad. The pump guys won’t know it and not to worry. But the oil I put in as top up was from MAK I think. So different brand oil for top up and a bit more than max level will affect the engine in anyway? Or should it be ok to drive for couple of months till next service?

Also there is a suspension issue in my car now. Though it has run for only 31k kms approx in 5 years. Makes a lot of noise in the front. The SA had told me in the last service that suspension work needs to be done and it’ll cost upwards of 40k. But he said I can use it for a while as he had done some temp job but will need complete work soon. Since I showed him displeasure about the high cost, he said if I get it done outside, it can be done in 18-20k! So does anyone here knows a reliable garage in mumbai who does suspension work? Though I stay in south mumbai, I am ok with getting it done anywhere in mumbai if it’s reliable and reasonable.

Thank you.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 00:43   #4319
BHPian

Well, my XUV 500's door trim got damaged during 2nd service. The driver side trim suffered the damage. The dealer pleaded ignorance and has said that he is sure that this wasn't caused during service.

Now, when I asked for the costing to replace the trim, he gave me an amount of 10k for the entire trim replacement of front door. The fabric portion on the top part has got punctured and has a couple of holes in it. I don't want to spend 10k to cover it up. Thought I'd take suggestions from fellow members on what can be done to rectify this damage.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20180415_172008.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20180415_171958.jpg

Please help
Old 27th April 2018, 00:46   #4320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post

Please help
I don't see much of a damage there, no point changing the door trim for small damage. See if you can get hold of a Live to Drive sticker and put it there. Should look good and will cover up the damage.

Most Viewed