Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 11:43   #4201
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianstorms View Post
Hi sbala
Can you help me with which OBD II device you are using , i purchased a wifi ELM327 device from Amazon and tried with EBOD -Facile app on IOS. It worked on my Ford , but not on my Nano and XUV
I got it from Amazon as well (Black Android Torque SuperMini ELM327 ECU Bluetooth OBDII CAR OBD2 Reader SCANNER v2.1) last week. I have an Android phone and got Torque Pro installed. For very first time, i had trouble connecting with the device. And the usual thing of restart , helped here. Had to switch car on/off, plug in/out multiple times to finally get it working.

I am yet to get the metrics logged. Will be doing this weekend. We have quite a few threads on OBD device here. Please scan through those as well. I am a newbie on this, but will be happy to help with whatever knowledge i learn
sbala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:07   #4202
BHPian

Anyone found solution to too much of brake dust? I am due for replacement of brake pads. Any aftermarket pads that can perform better?
Old 23rd June 2017, 19:49   #4203
BHPian

Anyone here who modded the suspension with Tein or likes ? The contact from red rooster performance informed that it can substantially reduce roll (whatever of it is still there) and the bouncy feel over uneven road surface. The cost is 35k + installation. Not a petty amount there, so thought of putting this to the better informed for suggestion.
As for the machine, mine is a new gen W6.
Old 23rd June 2017, 20:57   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I own a 2015 new age XUV as well. Its run for 17,000 km. On a drive between Mysore to Bangalore mid-way the engine warning sign glowed and the engine became sluggish on 6th gear.
I was driving with my family(a one year old baby onboard) on a late evening.

I stop the car for about 15 minutes and check the coolant and the engine oil levels with a flashlight and they all looked good.

I stop and called the road side assistance, I immediately hear from the representative that I should stop driving and that they would send me a taxi from Mysore which will probably taken an hour and a half or more. I was told the car will be towed.

With the oil and coolant levels being good I start the car and drive for a distance and I don't find the sluggishness but the engine warning remained. I switched off the AC to reduce the load on the engine and continued driving slowly and made it to Bangalore.

Next day, I decide to take the car to Anant Cars, Bannerghatta Road but end up taking it to Chrome motors near BHEL which is very close to my place. Chrome motors have started servicing XUV's for about a year now.

I don't remember the error code but it pointed to a problem with the vacuum modulator which was replaced under warranty. I asked the SA the reason for the vacuum modulator problem but he did not have a convincing answer.
I had the exact same problem in my XUV during my highway drive to Hasan. In my case the Engine light went off after about 30min of driving. When i showed it to Bannerghatta Anant Motors they told me it was due to Air intake being blocked. No parts replaced since the light didnt come on after that but it was scary it happened on a highway.
Old 24th June 2017, 09:23   #4205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Any aftermarket pads that can perform better?
Brake pads from Brembo are known to have lesser brake dust with marginally better performance but tend to get squeaky. If I were you, I wouldn't bother too much about brake dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Anyone here who modded the suspension with Tein or likes ?
I've driven XUVs with TEIN and while there is a slight difference, to me it doesn't justify the price unless it is around 5k per corner. See if they have have you drive and experience it first, before you pay for it.
Old 3rd July 2017, 22:46   #4206
BHPian

Would request eexpert feedback on the aircon. I recently got home a preowned W8 Oct'13 45K done well maintained, previously owned by my cousin who has immigrated to Canada. The AC didnt seem to cool well so got it serviced from my regular guy. Despite the servicing (filter & condenser cleaning, gas topup), the AC doesnt seem effective at all. It stands nowhere compared to my 8 year old Linea's aircon which is super chiller.

Today I measured the grill temperature and the lowest in XUV was 7C vis a vis 1.8C for Linea. Upon calling the service guy post this observation, he says the AC in XUV is a bummer and hardly effective. Expert views pls.
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:14   #4207
BHPian

Incredulous to learn a Mahindra executive commenting on the inefficiency of the air-conditioner, particularly when its renowned to be called a 'bone chiller'- A tiny suggestion, did your service bloke check out the blower speed? Also, please see if you could try out other XUV's and gain a first-hand experience yourself. Do keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:29   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Incredulous to learn a Mahindra executive commenting on the inefficiency of the air-conditioner, particularly when its renowned to be called a 'bone chiller'- A tiny suggestion, did your service bloke check out the blower speed? Also, please see if you could try out other XUV's and gain a first-hand experience yourself. Do keep us posted on how it goes.
Sorry for being not clear - I didnt get the AC serviced at A.S.S, it was my regular AC guy. I plan to take it to A.S.S now.
Old 3rd July 2017, 23:31   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Upon calling the service guy post this observation, he says the AC in XUV is a bummer and hardly effective. Expert views pls.
Not true for me at least.
My three year old XUV can chill the hell out, even without setting it at lowest temperature.
Old 4th July 2017, 11:33   #4210
BHPian

Guys figured out the cause - the ECON button was pressed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Figured out that ECON is similar to Low Cool on the Scorpio. Separately wondering what if this button makes any sense on a climate control model. Isnt the cooling propensity auto determined by the set cabin temperature.
WanderNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:38   #4211

Bit of background first:
I own a XUV 500 W10 AT AWD for past 15 months. Have driven it 30K through all terrains from Bangalore to Ladakh. Facing a weird issue for past 2-3 months and would like some expert opinion on it:

Every so often, randomly I might add, I get this warning "Front brake pads are worn out. Please drive at reduced speeds". I got my brake pads changed at 20K from my local mechanic. In past 2 months I have gotten it rechecked and cleaned twice, but the warning still keeps coming. I am satisfied with the braking performance of my XUV. No issues there. According to my mechanic the brake pads still have 80% of life left. I have driven it in rains and dry weather and I am getting the warning in both cases.

Any ideas?
Old 4th July 2017, 20:41   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjains View Post
I am satisfied with the braking performance of my XUV. No issues there. According to my mechanic the brake pads still have 80% of life left. I have driven it in rains and dry weather and I am getting the warning in both cases.

Any ideas?
Its the brake pad sensor issue. Get it checked at the ASS and even there were cases of sensor wires breaking in starting batches of Xuv way back in 2011-12, didn't hear about that issue again.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 11:22   #4213
BHPian

I have XUV 500 AT AWD W 10 bought on Sep '16. I used to feel brake noise and asked SA to get it looked. After Service now, the brakes give squeaking sound which is similar to BMTC buses. Post complaint they did check on brake pads and the discs. With measurements and run off tests, they changed brake pads but not disc rotors. Noise is still there but of low volume. Also it comes when car has run for some time, may be heating plays a role. Has anyone else faced similar issue and how was it resolved.

Does changing rotors / discs solves the problem.
Old 5th July 2017, 11:38   #4214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Has anyone else faced similar issue and how was it resolved.

Does changing rotors / discs solves the problem.
I had similar issues cropped up towards end of prescribed life of the brake-pads. But since the life was not completely over, I had asked the SA to clean brakes and calipers and fit it back. That solved problem to greater extent. And of curse when the new brake pads came in, this noise wasn't there.

If the brake-pads have life left, just insist for the cleaning, bleeding and force them to fix it. if you still need to change rotors, ask for warranty claims only. They will deny as blaming you for wear and tear/ driving style blah blah, but persist.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 12:06   #4215
BHPian

Hi Avinash,

they have changed the brake pads 2 days ago and still squeaking noise is coming. Though its intensity has reduced a lot. So what could be the next step here. changing rotors by Mahindra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks