Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 01:02   #4456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Thanks to my friend, Thej Reddy for sharing these pics.

This is 2015, W10 model. There is leak from sunroof , it was not present before.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20190623wa0039.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img20190623wa0038.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th June 2019 at 01:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 19:40   #4457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is 2015, W10 model. There is leak from sunroof , it was not present before.
This means that the water drainage channels for the sunroof are blocked due to dust or dry leaves. They need to be cleared by blowing pressurized air so that rainwater can drain out.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 21:14   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks to my friend, Thej Reddy for sharing these pics.

As mtnrajdeep has already pointed out, the drain channels may have been blocked. Ask the owner if the XUV was being parked in open as small leaves tend to block them sooner. Although sunroofs are practical but have to be maintained well else they surely blow a deep hole in the pockets as rain water seeping in will demand replacement of many components. Your friend is lucky to have been in the vehicle as it was happening and not be surprised with a cab full of water after heavy rains..

Ajmat has a beautiful thread on sunroof maintenance https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ownin...ance-tips.html (ARTICLE: Sunroofs. India-specific Use and Maintenance Tips)
Old 26th June 2019, 22:50   #4459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
This means that the water drainage channels for the sunroof are blocked due to dust or dry leaves. They need to be cleared by blowing pressurized air so that rainwater can drain out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
As mtnrajdeep has already pointed out, the drain channels may have been blocked. Ask the owner if the XUV was being parked in open as small leaves tend to block them sooner. Although sunroofs are practical but have to be maintained well else they surely blow a deep hole in the pockets as rain water seeping in will demand replacement of many components. Your friend is lucky to have been in the vehicle as it was happening and not be surprised with a cab full of water after heavy rains..
Thanks for the suggestions. I have informed the same to my friend. He will get it checked at service centre and update.
Old 13th July 2019, 18:04   #4460
BHPian

To all those requesting copies of the XUV500 workshop repair manual here's the link. and sorry for the late reply.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Au...nKfOsBkEerWVC0
dreamz_mak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 22:43   #4461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hi Guys, just received the delivery of my XUV500 W11 O AT. However neither did I get the CarPlay in the infotainment system and neither is my Android Auto working with my Samsung Note9. When I connect it with the car, nothing happens, and the AA icon remains faded. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.
Hi,
Congratulations on the new beast. Welcome to the family.
First, have you downloaded and installed the Android Auto app on your phone from Google Play Store? If not, then do that and try. If yes, then try another cable followed by any other brand/ model android phone.

Secondly, regarding Apple Car Play, I got it installed today in my W11 AT AWD and it’s working like a charm with my iPhone 8plus. Siri is at your command, you don’t even have to press the voice command button on the steering wheel, just a simple “Hey Siri!” works like a charm whilst driving. Google Maps, Whatsapp and Amazon Audible are also being supported in addition to regular Car Play apps.

The procedure for the installation of Apple Car Play by the Mahindra technician for my Cheeta was as follows:-
(a) He upgraded the software version to 15 from 14 using a pen drive.
(b) then He upgraded the software from 15 to 16, again using a pen drive. it has to be done sequentially as per him.
(c) then he uploaded the latest copy of E Manual via a pen drive.
(d) then he connected up the Mahindra proprietary laptop and flashed the system using Flashing software version 8.9.
(e) no changes happened.
(f) then he again flashed the system using Flashing Software version 9.1 and voila, Apple Car Play icon appeared in the system.
(g) I enabled the Car Play in my iPhone’s settings and then connected my iPhone using the lighting cable to the lower USB port and the Car Play started working flawlessly.

So, any apple user out there, it is totally worth your time to pay a visit to your nearest Mahindra Service Centre and get your Cheeta upgraded to Apple Car Play.

Regards
wanderingwolf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:10   #4462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
So, any apple user out there, it is totally worth your time to pay a visit to your nearest Mahindra Service Centre and get your Cheeta upgraded to Apple Car Play.

Regards
What was the total time taken for this update? Did you go to service center just for update or some other things as well?
Old 24th July 2019, 13:19   #4463
PGA
BHPian

Yesterday evening after starting while trying to negotiate a small ramp I heard a sound of something breaking from the engine bay. Battery charging light came on and steering became very heavy. I switched off the engine and opened the engine bay, first noticed nothing then saw a small piece of bakelite laying below the car. Unable to place it checked out the engine accessory drive using a torch, found more broken pieces laying around the accessories belt area. .

After much thought restarted the car and found AC not working and brakes very sluggish too. Switched off and checked the accessory drive belt found it very loose. Spoke to the A.S.S who were shutting down for the night, figured out that its most likely auto tensioner which is broken. Verified with XUV 500 repair manual shared by Dreamz_Mak. Thanks once again for sharing it, going through it is a must before we head off to A.S.S.

Today drove very slowly early morning to the A.S.S and got it replaced. Changed accessories belt also as a precautionary measure. All was done and dusted in 30 mins.

Now the questions that remain

- Auto tensioner is a mandatory change after 1,00,000 kms, in my case it broke after 69000 kms. It's not something that I or anyone can finger with, driving habit also doesn't make a difference, its a case of premature failure due to manufacturing defect. My request for change under warranty was turned down by A.S.S as the car is now almost 7 yrs old, but I was unable to convince them that this part is not based on calendar life but running life.

- The outer race of auto tensioner which broke was made of bakelite material and the new one is of metal. All the more reason that the company knew of the weakness.

- Lastly is the issue of bill, it totalled to Rs 4468/-, with GST accounting for almost Rs 1000/-. I feel this is cheating, it seriously set me thinking that I should have gone to a local mechanic picked up the part from the local vendor and got it replaced, all in cash. It was a silly simple work, had I been couple of years younger would have done the work myself after going through the repair manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20190724_084644-590x640.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20190724_101050-640x538.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20190724_120147-640x213.jpg  

Old 24th July 2019, 14:19   #4464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Now the questions that remain

- Auto tensioner is a mandatory change after 1,00,000 kms, in my case it broke after 69000 kms. It's not something that I or anyone can finger with, driving habit also doesn't make a difference, its a case of premature failure due to manufacturing defect. My request for change under warranty was turned down by A.S.S as the car is now almost 7 yrs old, but I was unable to convince them that this part is not based on calendar life but running life.

- The outer race of auto tensioner which broke was made of bakelite material and the new one is of metal. All the more reason that the company knew of the weakness.
So this only infers that a silent replacement is issued to dealerships to replace it with a much durable part for those only customers who report this defect? Auto tensioners aren't supposed to fail in this manner by any means, and this also means during the previous service, the dealer failed to measure the belt tension / play which would be an early indication of such failures. Looks like some shoddy engineering job has paid a price to them and they are learning it the hard way.

P.S - was the belt / tensioner / any of the FEAD accessories touched or replaced for any reason previously?

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 24th July 2019, 17:46   #4465
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post

P.S - was the belt / tensioner / any of the FEAD accessories touched or replaced for any reason previously?
No work has ever been carried out in my car in that area.
Using bakelite outer race in such a high stress area is beyond my imagination.
Old 26th July 2019, 14:07   #4466
BHPian

can anyone suggest a good mechanic for XUV5oo in Noida pls ?.
Old 30th July 2019, 13:48   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I have a peculiar problem with XUV w6 (2014 model).

For last 3 months, I am facing a problem. Randomly the music system would make a "BUMP" sound from speaker and stop playing music. Restarting the car after taking out the key generally fixes the problem. The frequency of these incidents is now once a week.
I have similar problem. 3 of 4 speakers stop working after a loud "Dhupp" at random. Shutting down the engine, locking, unlocking the car, and everything works fine for next few hours or even for weeks then. Local authorised service center was never able to diagnose or fix it ever.
Old 1st August 2019, 21:19   #4468
BHPian

My 2014 XUV just completed 40k km. Most of this is highway drive. Only 20% of 40k is driven in bumper to bumper traffic. Recently clutch has become hard. During last service the clutch bleeding was done too and it felt fine but very soon it became hard again. The pickup of the vehicle is still good no complaints on that. I am wondering how can I fix this hard clutch issue ? Is it an early sign of some bigger issue , which will finally lead to clutch replacement ? Need expert advice before I approach the Service centre.
Old 1st August 2019, 21:52   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
My 2014 XUV just completed 40k km. Most of this is highway drive. Only 20% of 40k is driven in bumper to bumper traffic. Recently clutch has become hard.
First things first completely replace not just bleed and topup the brake / clutch and gear oils as the manual specified. Coolant as well though unrelated to this. If the situation doesn’t improve then inspect the clutch.

Do you ride the clutch in traffic?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 09:15   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you ride the clutch in traffic?

No not at all. In slow traffic I am always in 1st gear. That's why I am wondering after taking so much care is it still a clutch issue.

I believe oil levels are taken care at 40K service which was done few weeks back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks