Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 17:40   #3526
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

@Vaspro: Yes. Read similar in the manual when trying to verify the behaviour of the ACC system. Nothing regarding auto-switching of FreshAir/Recirculation mode.

Further to the headlights issue: Spoke to RM at the workshop, and after last week saying he'd get back to me by the end of the week, he now said that the matter would only be taken care of after the return of the Service Manager from TUV training. On the 15th!! I had taken the car in on 26th August, at which point they replicated the problem and took pictures to forward to Mahindra, and I was told it would take around a week to finalise everything. Unbelievable to be faced with such a lackadaisical attitude from the RM.

I have contacted Mahindra customer care and put in a word with them. They said they'll follow up with me tomorrow. Hopefully they will be more inclined to sort this out.
Old 7th September 2015, 20:50   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
@Vaspro: Yes. Read similar in the manual when trying to verify the behaviour of the ACC system. Nothing regarding auto-switching of FreshAir/Recirculation mode.

Further to the headlights issue: Spoke to RM at the workshop, and after last week saying he'd get back to me by the end of the week, he now said that the matter would only be taken care of after the return of the Service Manager from TUV training. On the 15th!! I had taken the car in on 26th August, at which point they replicated the problem and took pictures to forward to Mahindra, and I was told it would take around a week to finalise everything. Unbelievable to be faced with such a lackadaisical attitude from the RM.

I have contacted Mahindra customer care and put in a word with them. They said they'll follow up with me tomorrow. Hopefully they will be more inclined to sort this out.
Send an email to M&M customer care and the higher management (you can address it to either RM, Head of Customer Care or even for president of the automotive division).

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/owners...?id=getintouch

Read the FAQ section of above page for relevant email ids. Their VP customer care promptly responded to my email escalation earlier and regional office followed up with me after that.
Old 8th September 2015, 00:38   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post

2. Moisture fogging up both headlights. Issue has been recreated and forwarded to Mahindra. RM expects them to change one headlight assembly under warranty. I am expecting both, or I'll take it up with Mahindra.
Moisture inside the lights was an issue on the earlier lots of XUV and was supposed to be fixed. Hasnt happened on my car so far though I havnt driven a lot in rains yet. Too bad it showing up on the newer version as well. You should be getting a replacement with no questions asked since you have good enough proof. If you dont get response from dealer make sure you shoot an email to MnM customer care. It really moves things faster. I had some issue post purchase where dealer was not doing much for 3 months, 1 email to customer care and things were done within 48hrs with numerous follow ups from dealership to ensure i was satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relichunter View Post
Friends,

I am facing a weird issue with my Nov 2014 XUV 500. Not sure if its really an issue. Every morning when I start the engine, I hear kind of click sounds (electric) from above the speedometer (its not from the panel but from somewhere inside). I hear the same sound from somewhere inside the infotainment screen too. In total its just 6 or 7 clicks one after the other and then everything is normal. And its not the same sequence everyday. Sometimes the speedometer ones sound first and other times its the infotainment one. Another important thing is that this happens only during the morning start. When I start my engine while returning to home from office, I do not hear anything. I haven't shared this with my service adviser yet. I thought will check here if anyone else has noted this in their XUV.
No clue as such but just to confirm, it has nothing to do with the auto swivel of speedo and tacho needles ?
Old 8th September 2015, 11:20   #3529

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
No clue as such but just to confirm, it has nothing to do with the auto swivel of speedo and tacho needles ?
No supertinu. I dont think its because of that. This happens well after the auto swivel is over. It sounds like small spark (even typing this makes me worried). A distinct tick sound, 6-7 times.
Old 9th September 2015, 14:11   #3530
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting hill descent, hill hold and ESP error in my XUV (2014 June - 23K KM's) since last weekend.

Started the car and everything was fine, however after driving for around 20 mins ~ 15 KMS all three lights came up in dashboard. Stopped the vehicle, checked the brake oil level and found no issues.

Brakes are working fine and ABS lights are NOT ON. Since it was 03:00 AM I was not able to contact service center. On turning on the vehicle, noticed that lights have disappeared, was on an urgent trip, hence continued the journey.

Lights turn up again after some 30 KM's or so.

During my return journey, for the first 150 KM's or so, lights does not turn up. However, suddenly it comes back again and turn ON for the remaining journey. Planning to get it checked this weekend and I am not using the vehicle as of now.

On checking this thread and based on what I had read earlier, remember SDP had a similar issue. That was related to sensor cable getting worn off after coming in contact with tyre. However, in that case ABS malfunctioning lights were also ON. Here, I am not finding that.

Checked hill hold function when lights were ON to find that it was not working. It works fine when lights are OFF after turning off and re-starting the engine.

I have heard that hill descent does not work if brake pads are over heated, could this be the reason?

Has anyone else faced this issue?
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 15:42   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I had faced this issue within 2000Kms and it was when using cruise control. It is Steering alignment sensor issue and not any cable error.

Check this post where we discussed on the same, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3740599

Hope this helps
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 16:45   #3532
Distinguished - BHPian

There is this battery saver feature - see the snap from user manual below -

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screen-shot-20150909-4.42.02-pm.png

Today I was searching for fallen SD card and had switched on the interior light besides the sunroof switch. I forgot to switch it off. After 3 hours our security called up to inform that light is still on. I was wondering this battery saver should have taken care of it. Read the fine print of user manual - it says "inadvertently". Since i had locked properly, this battery saver did not kick off? Or my interpretation of the feature is not right?
Old 9th September 2015, 17:05   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

Attachment 1412452

Today I was searching for fallen SD card and had switched on the interior light besides the sunroof switch. I forgot to switch it off. After 3 hours our security called up to inform that light is still on. I was wondering this battery saver should have taken care of it. Read the fine print of user manual - it says "inadvertently". Since i had locked properly, this battery saver did not kick off? Or my interpretation of the feature is not right?
My guess is that it only works for that center light which switches on automatically when you power-off the vehicle. I don't think any other light (mood-light/other reading lights turned on) will get auto-turned off.

Good that your security informed you about the light being on.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 17:42   #3534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
My guess is that it only works for that center light which switches on automatically when you power-off the vehicle.
I doubt that. See the fine print below -

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screen-shot-20150909-5.40.10-pm.png

The definition of interior lamps include all of these!
Old 10th September 2015, 11:41   #3535
BHPian

Quote:

I noticed that the lamp on the rear door is covered in this feature but i think none of the lamps on the roof are covered. i noticed this many times and even couple of times these lamps are ON for two or three days.
I guess these are LED lights so they don't drain the battery so easily.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:04   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Getting hill descent, hill hold and ESP error in my XUV (2014 June - 23K KM's) since last weekend.

Started the car and everything was fine, however after driving for around 20 mins ~ 15 KMS all three lights came up in dashboard. Stopped the vehicle, checked the brake oil level and found no issues.

Brakes are working fine and ABS lights are NOT ON. Since it was 03:00 AM I was not able to contact service center. On turning on the vehicle, noticed that lights have disappeared, was on an urgent trip, hence continued the journey.

Lights turn up again after some 30 KM's or so.

During my return journey, for the first 150 KM's or so, lights does not turn up. However, suddenly it comes back again and turn ON for the remaining journey. Planning to get it checked this weekend and I am not using the vehicle as of now.

On checking this thread and based on what I had read earlier, remember SDP had a similar issue. That was related to sensor cable getting worn off after coming in contact with tyre. However, in that case ABS malfunctioning lights were also ON. Here, I am not finding that.

Checked hill hold function when lights were ON to find that it was not working. It works fine when lights are OFF after turning off and re-starting the engine.

I have heard that hill descent does not work if brake pads are over heated, could this be the reason?

Faced the similar issue during my last trip to kerala. The issue turned out to be the brake switch. It gets jammed and does not come up back causing the sensors to malfunction. If this is the case, its just a 5 mins job. Can easily get it replaced. And by the way you can still drive the car without causing any harm to the beast though the esp, cruise control etc will not function.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 08:31   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Faced a major issue early morning today, I am not sure if it is because of the rat bite or the drive train belt issue. After I started the car and traveled 500m heard a kat noise as if something broke and the battery symbol started to glow continuously on the instrument panel. Also the steering became too hard not allowing me to steer the car. Opened the bonnet and saw that there no drive train belt. I am yet to check if it is because of the rat bite, had some important work and had to park the car and come.

Can anybody help me, will this fix be covered under warranty? If not how much would it cost to get this repaired?
Old 12th September 2015, 09:32   #3538
J.Ravi

I am sorry to hear the problem, Sunay. Take the assistance of XUV 500 RSA asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
the battery symbol started to glow continuously on the instrument panel. Also the steering became too hard not allowing me to steer the car.
Looks like the power-steering/accessories belts got cut. But, I doubt any rat's part as the belts are made of hard rubber. Rats usually chew wires and cables and not belts.
Quote:
will this fix be covered under warranty?
Rubber parts are not covered under warranty.
Quote:
If not how much would it cost to get this repaired?
In case of my erstwhile petrol Linea, I replaced all the three belts [timing/power-steering/accessories] at 61 k km in July 2013. At that time, it cost me ₹ 531, ₹ 440 and ₹ 651 + taxes respectively.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 10:31   #3539
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1412452

I have 2014 xuv and have locked the car many times with interior lights on. It switches them off automatically. I used to be aware of this only when I open the car next day and finds the light on.
gpriyesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 17:11   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Looks like the power-steering/accessories belts got cut.
Rubber parts are not covered under warranty.
Thank you Ravi sir for the help. Called RSA and got the car towed to Sireesh Auto on Magadi Road. It was the accessory belt which had slipped out and thank god it was not cut, but still could not identify the right reason behind it.

Sireesh Auto personnel got the belt fixed and car was ready in half an hour. And it was done without any charges, should thank Mr. Tilak who was very helpful. Saw that the accessory belt costs around 1385/- for XUV.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks