Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 18:39   #3511
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Did you try the light colin spray and slightly wet wipes? Wax would come out eventually with cabin heat when parked or by usage. Unless something terrible wrong currently, I would leave it as is for some weeks and keep cleaning regularly with a lint free towel/ wet wipes.

Never use any oils or petrol or diesel etc to wipe. It may affect the touchscreen badly.
Sure, I too felt the same. I have asked them not to experiment with anything else. Let me try colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
This is one of the biggest mistakes that most of us make, leaving the plastic on the screen after purchase. The cover that comes with the new vehicle is just regular plastic and not of the quality of the screen guards we use on our mobiles, etc.

I really doubt you can clean away what has happened to your screen as the plastic that was covering it has melted over time onto the screen. My suggestion would be to check with your ASC if they can just replace the screen portion/ display area of the unit as that is separate from the rest of the hardware components. I know that Mahindra has replaced only this portion in some XUV's including mine due to software compatibility issues.
oh. !! I guessed this.

Do you know the pricing for the same.
Old 1st September 2015, 18:54   #3512
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Sure, I too felt the same. I have asked them not to experiment with anything else. Let me try colin.

oh. !! I guessed this.

Do you know the pricing for the same.

Unfortunately I am not aware of the price. The display was replaced twice in my case due to software compatibility issues and both times it was free.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:22   #3513
Distinguished - BHPian

Jim, my gut feel is you need not replace the screen. Can you post some pictures of with unit ON and off? day time? Alternatively the detailing shops like 3M would do this effortlessly.
Old 1st September 2015, 22:02   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
As few others mentioned, please try wheel balancing and alignment at some competent center outside ASC. As far as my experience goes, ASC guys never get this right and I have been living with these issues until i got it down outside
Yes I did, now it's very negligible!!
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:30   #3515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
My 2012 W8 FWD has been living with the good old screen guard sort of film on the 5" infotainment display. It was a mistake from our end that we did not pull it off early, now that it has been there for more than 2 years SAs advised us not to pull it out as it may leave/damage the screen.

It happened about a week back that my Dad and Brother whose attempt to increase the clarity of the screen and improvise the touch by pulling of the screen has turned into a misadventure. Now the screen is totally gone with a wax mark across the screen.

At night it is still fine, but on sunny drives it is not at all visible. One good thing is the touch seems to still work without hassles.

Is there any way to get rid of this and clean the screen.

I did the same mistake a year back.. so roughly around 2 years after ownership. Left a lot of gum on the screen. Tried cleaning it but to no avail and in the process also left a couple of minor scratches.
Even showed it to 3M, but they were not ready to do anything as the car was under warranty + the possibility of damaging the touch screen. Finally went to ASC and was negotiating for a replacement, considering the screen had a scratch. And in the meantime one of the service guys I knew personally had taken the car inside to look at some other issue. He noticed the screen and just cleaned it perfectly. Believe it was done with some kerosene. And alas my request for screen replacement was turned down. Its been more than a year now and no issues with the screen as such.

So i would suggest approaching the ASC itself. The RM's there may not have any idea of how to clean it and they would make all such claims. Better discuss with some technician who you have a personal connect and they should be able to get it sorted out. Or else push for a replacement.

FundaG
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:48   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I did the same mistake a year back.. so roughly around 2 years after ownership. Left a lot of gum on the screen. Tried cleaning it but to no avail and in the process also left a couple of minor scratches.
Even showed it to 3M, but they were not ready to do anything as the car was under warranty + the possibility of damaging the touch screen. Finally went to ASC and was negotiating for a replacement, considering the screen had a scratch. And in the meantime one of the service guys I knew personally had taken the car inside to look at some other issue. He noticed the screen and just cleaned it perfectly. Believe it was done with some kerosene. And alas my request for screen replacement was turned down. Its been more than a year now and no issues with the screen as such.

So i would suggest approaching the ASC itself. The RM's there may not have any idea of how to clean it and they would make all such claims. Better discuss with some technician who you have a personal connect and they should be able to get it sorted out. Or else push for a replacement.

FundaG
Ok FundaG,

Let me try this. I do understand the risks in it, but this looks like a good option.

Meanwhile, do you have any idea on the cost of of getting a new screen to replace ?
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:46   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried K&N filter in their XUV5OO? Please advice
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:40   #3518
BHPian

The new age XUV owners - How has the suspension changed compared with the previous generation XUV? I have a Nov 14 XUV W8, but not very happy with the suspension. In fact, wondering if I should have one of the team bhpian to do a test drive.
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:57   #3519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
The new age XUV owners - How has the suspension changed compared with the previous generation XUV? I have a Nov 14 XUV W8, but not very happy with the suspension. In fact, wondering if I should have one of the team bhpian to do a test drive.
Looks like you missed Tushar's official review. Link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html
Old 5th September 2015, 19:17   #3520
BHPian

Facing a couple of niggles on my brand new XUV.
1. A/C switches from circulation mode to fresh air mode once every drive. Once I switch it back to circulate mode, it stays that way. Workshop updated the infotainment and ECU, and asked to check if that fixes the issue, but it hasn't. Will be following up when I next visit the workshop.

2. Moisture fogging up both headlights. Issue has been recreated and forwarded to Mahindra. RM expects them to change one headlight assembly under warranty. I am expecting both, or I'll take it up with Mahindra.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150813_220332.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150813_220340.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150824_160606.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150824_160725.jpg

Anybody else face similar issues in new-age XUV? If so, any solution found? Thanks.
Old 6th September 2015, 17:56   #3521

Friends,

I am facing a weird issue with my Nov 2014 XUV 500. Not sure if its really an issue. Every morning when I start the engine, I hear kind of click sounds (electric) from above the speedometer (its not from the panel but from somewhere inside). I hear the same sound from somewhere inside the infotainment screen too. In total its just 6 or 7 clicks one after the other and then everything is normal. And its not the same sequence everyday. Sometimes the speedometer ones sound first and other times its the infotainment one. Another important thing is that this happens only during the morning start. When I start my engine while returning to home from office, I do not hear anything. I haven't shared this with my service adviser yet. I thought will check here if anyone else has noted this in their XUV.
Old 6th September 2015, 19:09   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Facing a couple of niggles on my brand new XUV.
1. A/C switches from circulation mode to fresh air mode once every drive. Once I switch it back to circulate mode, it stays that way. Workshop updated the infotainment and ECU, and asked to check if that fixes the issue, but it hasn't. Will be following up when I next visit the workshop.

2. Moisture fogging up both headlights. Issue has been recreated and forwarded to Mahindra. RM expects them to change one headlight assembly under warranty. I am expecting both, or I'll take it up with Mahindra.
Anybody else face similar issues in new-age XUV? If so, any solution found? Thanks.
@ask99: 1. Is the HVAC in "Auto mode"? in this mode FAC controls the air circulation mode along with other parameters. You have to manually override it by pressing "Re-circulation" mode button. I only know AC switched to fresh air mode when I get some out side smell into cabin, until then I won't even notice. On the contrary if I drive with recirculation mode for 10minutes I feel nauseated. To me, this change is welcome.

2. You should get both headlights replaced under warranty. Escalate to M&M regional service manager pro-actively. Don't let dealership drag their feet on the warranty claims.

Last edited by vaspro : 6th September 2015 at 19:12. Reason: Grammar Nazi
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 19:26   #3523
BHPian

I am experiencing noise of metal on metal rubbing from the second row seats when going over bad roads, any quick solution before I give up and waste my time at A. S. S.?
Old 6th September 2015, 21:39   #3524
BHPian

Thank you Vaspro for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
@ask99: 1. Is the HVAC in "Auto mode"? in this mode FAC controls the air circulation mode along with other parameters. You have to manually override it by pressing "Re-circulation" mode button. I only know AC switched to fresh air mode when I get some out side smell into cabin, until then I won't even notice. On the contrary if I drive with recirculation mode for 10minutes I feel nauseated. To me, this change is welcome.
Yes, this problem happens in Auto Mode. From my understanding/expectation, this switchover from circulate to fresh air should happen the instant the AC is switched on in Auto mode. This was how it worked in my Skoda, and I could switch it on in Auto mode and immediately press the recirculate button to switch to circulation mode, and carry on with the drive. The Mahindra implementation (if that is how it has been designed) switches over from Circulate to Fresh Air mode at some random interval during the drive, and I only notice when, like you, I can smell the outside air. From a logical viewpoint, that should not be the intended operation of the system. Hopefully, this is not standard operation for the ACC (can anyone confirm?)

Quote:
2. You should get both headlights replaced under warranty. Escalate to M&M regional service manager pro-actively. Don't let dealership drag their feet on the warranty claims.
That is what I intend to do once I communicate with the workshop tomorrow. If they've got the clearance then all good, else I shall contact Mahindra directly and get both headlights replaced. It is unacceptable to have this situation in a brand new vehicle.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:26   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Thank you Vaspro for your response.
Yes, this problem happens in Auto Mode. From my understanding/expectation, this switchover from circulate to fresh air should happen the instant the AC is switched on in Auto mode. This was how it worked in my Skoda, and I could switch it on in Auto mode and immediately press the recirculate button to switch to circulation mode, and carry on with the drive. The Mahindra implementation (if that is how it has been designed) switches over from Circulate to Fresh Air mode at some random interval during the drive, and I only notice when, like you, I can smell the outside air. From a logical viewpoint, that should not be the intended operation of the system. Hopefully, this is not standard operation for the ACC (can anyone confirm?)
Owners manual is not too clear about the Auto mode. It does state that it controls blower speed, air circulation, air distribution modes based on the set temperature. In another section it mentions about monitoring humidity level in the air automatically. Hence I believe HVAC does this switch to fresh air mode based on the sensor reading. I am not sure if it also monitors air quality (oxygen content) or only humidity.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks