Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 21:59   #3391
BHPian

I am not able to slide down my seat in second row to get into third row?

Any help on what I am doing wrong.
Old 24th June 2015, 22:23   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

Can you please elaborate on how you are trying to fold the seats.

The second row seats cannot be slided, you need to fold it down by pulling the lever on top of the seat near to seatbelt and then press the lever below the seat towards front to unlock the seat.

Hope this helps.
Old 25th June 2015, 12:40   #3393
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:

Is the release lever stuck? I had this happen once on my colleague's XUV. You may have to take it to the service center to get it fixed.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th June 2015 at 14:23. Reason: Grammatical edits done
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 14:04   #3394
BHPian

Thanks guys.
I was able to tumble the seat. The lever apparently was stuck
Old 25th June 2015, 17:05   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.
I was able to tumble the seat. The lever apparently was stuck
I had this issue too. It is quite normal. If it is with the seat locks you can easily get them replaced or repaired.

Have a check on this, the next time your car goes in to MASS
Old 26th June 2015, 18:34   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Lots of people have faced this. Clutch pedal goes down and doesn't come up.
This is serious and would lead to eventual clutch failure. Mostly an issue with the clutch slave cylinder (not sure whether its the master or the slave cylinder which is problematic).
Booked an appointment for tomorrow.Though it hasn't re occurred,i would definitely follow up.Thank you.

On that note ,for the first time the infotainment hung too on vehicle start at the Mahindra logo screen.Restart fixed it.

I have a question,when i am nearing standstill speeds and press the brakes gently,i hear a groaning sound just fraction of a second before the car comes to a halt.
This also happens fraction of a second before i inch forward, after dis engaging the hand brake fully.Is it normal?brake bite is good though and does pretty well in panic braking.
Old 26th June 2015, 20:47   #3397
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post

I have a question,when i am nearing standstill speeds and press the brakes gently,i hear a groaning sound just fraction of a second before the car comes to a halt.
This also happens fraction of a second before i inch forward, after dis engaging the hand brake fully.Is it normal?brake bite is good though and does pretty well in panic braking.
Brake-groan issue is a very old issue and ideally not supposed to be present in newer cars. In early batches, the issue was solved with Galfer brake-pads. Please take it up with the service center and check if your brake-pads are Bausch or Galfer.
Old 27th June 2015, 19:43   #3398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I faced the same issue an year back, when the SA read the error codes it is showing some error with respect to SAS(Steering Alignment Sensor).
SA may just erase the error code but it may not solve the issue, steering alignment and calibration has to be done.
SA can do by connecting their diagnostic laptop.
Visited the service center today and had a long long day waiting for the Steering alignment sensor issue. Had been for a long test drive to replicate the issue, and I was able to do so. SA informed they have done some alignment and calibration to fix the issue, and also has informed me to get it aligned & calibrated again during my 1st service.

But to my surprise after I left from the service center, I noticed that the alignment was done really bad and the car was swerving to right. Immediately I drove down to Madhu's and got the alignment corrected. I noticed that it was misaligned very badly.

Overall, was not impressed by the troubleshooting done on the issue, will wait and see if the issue occurs again.
Old 30th June 2015, 22:41   #3399
BHPian

Hi friends,

Need your help whether you have faced these clutch related issues. Mine is a Nov 2014 manufactured XUV W8, bought in December, and has covered 11K kms so far.

- When I drive within the city for around 30 minutes to 1 hour, the clutch becomes moderately hard. Always happens when there are lots of gear shifts involved.

- With the hard clutch, when I shift the gears from first to second, I hear a moderately loud "Thud" sound from below the body. When the sound occurs, I can also feel something under the clutch pedal as well. I don't feel this movement under my foot, during other gear shifts where no thud sound is involved.

During the recent second service, I had complained about this issue, and I took the car for a test drive along with the service adviser. As is usually the case, we could not reproduce the scenario. Anyone has any idea about this issue?

Regards,
Vivek
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:23   #3400
BHPian

Have noticed the following issue for the last few days. Whenever I start the car the rear windshield defroster gets turned ON automatically. This is the button situated within the temperature control dial (the one on the left). And at times when in day light, I even miss to notice this being ON. And notice it only when driving through a shaded area or while adjusting the temperature. And I switch it OFF. Never faced this issue earlier. I had got my 40k service done just 2-3 weeks back. Any idea what could be the reason.

FundaG
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:17   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
And notice it only when driving through a shaded area or while adjusting the temperature. And I switch it OFF. Never faced this issue earlier. I had got my 40k service done just 2-3 weeks back. Any idea what could be the reason.

FundaG
I think you should visit your ASC and get the error codes cleaned. At times even i would face this kind of issues, but once the system was diagnosed and error codes were cleaned, the issue didn't come up again.
Old 4th July 2015, 16:47   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Visited the service center today and had a long long day waiting for the Steering alignment sensor issue. Had been for a long test drive to replicate the issue, and I was able to do so. SA informed they have done some alignment and calibration to fix the issue, and also has informed me to get it aligned & calibrated again during my 1st service.

But to my surprise after I left from the service center, I noticed that the alignment was done really bad and the car was swerving to right. Immediately I drove down to Madhu's and got the alignment corrected. I noticed that it was misaligned very badly.

Overall, was not impressed by the troubleshooting done on the issue, will wait and see if the issue occurs again.
which service center did you visit? I am also interested in knowing the good ones in Bangalore. I live near Marathahalli and Sireesh Auto has one near by but I am not sure how good they are.
Old 4th July 2015, 20:09   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
which service center did you visit? I am also interested in knowing the good ones in Bangalore. I live near Marathahalli and Sireesh Auto has one near by but I am not sure how good they are.
I visited Anant cars BG road, there are some good reviews about them so I will hold my verdict till I get my first service done. But there is no surprise that the alignment will not be done properly similar to all other showrooms including other manufacturers, hence I will not consider my first visit to rate them. Will keep you posted about this dealer.

And I have heard that Sireesh Marathalli is good too. Probably fellow bhpians who have visited them can comment about them.
Old 4th July 2015, 23:38   #3404
BHPian

I'm nearing 3 years on my July 2012 XUV W8, with just a few days remaining. My beast has done 49000 km with 50000 km service due. I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup. Also, on taking the foot off the pedal after accelerating to medium speeds, during engine braking the engine seems crude and worn out to a significant extent, with a mildly audible humming sound. It feels like the engine has really aged! Is there something I need to be careful about as my warranty is about to expire or is it normal?
FYI the car had been maintained properly and serviced at proper internals with no accident history.
Old 5th July 2015, 01:23   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I'm nearing 3 years on my July 2012 XUV W8, with just a few days remaining. My beast has done 49000 km with 50000 km service due. I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup. Also, on taking the foot off the pedal after accelerating to medium speeds, during engine braking the engine seems crude and worn out to a significant extent, with a mildly audible humming sound. It feels like the engine has really aged! Is there something I need to be careful about as my warranty is about to expire or is it normal?
FYI the car had been maintained properly and serviced at proper internals with no accident history.
ONly advice I have is that you should just get the 2 yr extended warranty to make it 5 yrs and have peace of mind.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks