Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 21:50   #3271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Just got back from the Sahyadri Motors Service Center in Wakad, Pune. The Aircon of my 3 year old XUV500 stopped working randomly (and it was a terrible two days in this sweltering heat).

Surprisingly, the A.S.S. told me that there were 7 more cars in the service center with the same issue. Said it had to do with the Aircon reservoir valve getting ruptured after a period of time.

Thought I'd share this info with the rest of the folks here. Will post an update when I get the car back.

Note from Support - Post moved to the relevant thread.
I faced some strange issue in February. The AC blower speed reduced and it cools upto a certain time well and after that no cooling. I get it checked with the A.S.S. and they recommended AC service (ODO was 43k 3yrs.) costing 6k something which i refused then hoping to get exact picture in proper summers of April month. The issue crop up a couple of times more till March. But now all of a sudden, it's working perfectly fine by itself. Now planning to get it checked at next service of 50k.
Old 1st May 2015, 22:24   #3272
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I faced a couple of strange issues
  1. Whistling Noise of the turbo
  2. Steering tighter than usual
  3. Infotainment acting weird - The bluetooth gets paired, but when I make a call from the phone it does not 'capture'(the infotanment does not pick up the call). I am able to receive calls and if it is dialled from the infotainment then too the call gets connected to the system.
  4. Brake Pads replacement at 25K

Current Status:
Point - 1
Of all this. The point no. 1 was fixed at KTC, Kochi. And 2nd day after that I hear a sudden fizzle out kind out sound (something like releasing gas from a cylinder) and the XUV lost its pick up. Basically the turbo wen haywire.
Now it will be taken to TVS Maradu on recommendation from Sujai from Mahindra.

Point - 2
Initially they kept telling there is nothing wrong with technical parameters(God knows what those parameters are). The SA at KTC agreed that the steering was tight, showed him a couple of other XUVs (both pre and post 2014 models) where the steering was butter smooth compared to mine. When I got my vehicle it was tighter than it already was and the positioned it incorrectly (Centre was turned sidewards). This too was fixed to around 60% by TVS again as directed by Sujai from Mahindra.

Point - 3
I was told that it is because of the Lolipop update to the OS. Anyone with Samsung Note 3 and Lolipop facing this issue?

Point - 4
I am not sure if this early, my XUV is predominantly driven in city traffic.

All said and done I just love this machine, no matter what I am a fan, cause once I get behind the wheel I just start smiling automatically
Hrishiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:11   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
Point - 3
I was told that it is because of the Lolipop update to the OS. Anyone with Samsung Note 3 and Lolipop facing this issue?
I am facing the similar issue after my Nexus is updated to lollipop. It was working absolutely fine with KitKat, hope its sorted out by some software update either by Google or Mahindra.

After pairing, though you can receive calls and but to make a call, first change the source to Bluetooth in infotainment system after that dial the number from the phone.
Me not able to access the phone book in the infotainment system at all, thanks to lollipop.
Old 2nd May 2015, 16:59   #3274
BHPian

Today on my onward drive towards Bangalore airport ( KIAL) I was not able to engage the sixth gear. The gear shift would go all the way to the neutral position and would not go beyond.
However, during my return drive it worked normally. I am perplexed now! Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

-- Wind
Old 2nd May 2015, 18:02   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post

Point - 2
Initially they kept telling there is nothing wrong with technical parameters(God knows what those parameters are). The SA at KTC agreed that the steering was tight, showed him a couple of other XUVs (both pre and post 2014 models) where the steering was butter smooth compared to mine. When I got my vehicle it was tighter than it already was and the positioned it incorrectly (Centre was turned sidewards). This too was fixed to around 60% by TVS again as directed by Sujai from Mahindra.
This my friend according to me is an alignment being out. Can you go to a competent alignment guy in your area and get it sorted ?

Sign one of their alignment machine being faulty ? The steering comes back off center. Usually if everything is okay with the alignment machine, the centering part too is taking care off while they are adjusting the toe.
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:34   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
This my friend according to me is an alignment being out. Can you go to a competent alignment guy in your area and get it sorted ?
I guess I should have mentioned, the steering was centered while I had given it for the service. In the name of checking every 'parameter' they seems to have fiddled around and managed to give it back by moving it off the center.

I do my alignment checks frequently and the Tyre rotations too.
Old 3rd May 2015, 14:09   #3277
BHPian

Today while cleaning the XUV, I noticed this in the folding seat (one which gains your access to the 3rd row). My XUV is just 7 months old. Frustrating to see this in 15L car. Has anyone else seen such in their vehicles?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150503_125741967_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20150503_125810140_hdr.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2015, 16:43   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Today while cleaning the XUV, I noticed this in the folding seat (one which gains your access to the 3rd row). My XUV is just 7 months old. Frustrating to see this in 15L car. Has anyone else seen such in their vehicles?
You should show this to the service centre.
I checked my car. There are no rust. Mine is a W8 , puchased on Mar 2014
Old 3rd May 2015, 23:25   #3279
BHPian

Since many months I am getting a noise from behind the dash on the left side of the vehicle. The noise comes only on uneven roads, speed breakers, broken roads and while turning the steering wheel. The noise is very plasticky. ASC were not able to solve the issue and has asked me to leave the vehicle with them as they want to remove and check the cross member.

Me really not very keen to get the cross member removed in a 7th month new vehicle. Has anyone come across this similar issue, please share with me as it will be of great help. I am facing no other issues with it, but this sound is becoming irritating.

Last edited by rahul_kej : 3rd May 2015 at 23:28. Reason: spelling error
Old 4th May 2015, 07:15   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Since many months I am getting a noise from behind the dash on the left side of the vehicle. The noise comes only on uneven roads, speed breakers, broken roads and while turning the steering wheel. The noise is very plasticky. ASC were not able to solve the issue and has asked me to leave the vehicle with them as they want to remove and check the cross member.

Me really not very keen to get the cross member removed in a 7th month new vehicle. Has anyone come across this similar issue, please share with me as it will be of great help. I am facing no other issues with it, but this sound is becoming irritating.
I had a similar sound in the initial months. But it disappeared by itself. Mine is 7 months old.
Old 4th May 2015, 18:18   #3281
BHPian

Quote:

I have the same issue and my baby is 7 months old too .
it's a noise as if something is loosely dangling in side the lower glove box. Many times I had cleaned the glove box thinking some coin /a small bolt is moving freely inside , But the sound is back next day. Though its a not a consistent irritating rattle , its annoying . Need to check with the SA this week during 10K service.
Old 4th May 2015, 18:55   #3282
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing the similar issue after my Nexus is updated to lollipop. It was working absolutely fine with KitKat, hope its sorted out by some software update either by Google or Mahindra.

After pairing, though you can receive calls and but to make a call, first change the source to Bluetooth in infotainment system after that dial the number from the phone.
Me not able to access the phone book in the infotainment system at all, thanks to lollipop.
After my Moto-G2 (2nd Gen) was upgraded to Lollipop I am also facing the same issue. Though I am able to make /receive calls, the call setup time seems longer and the ring back tone is not heard on the car speaker. I directly hear the "Hello" from other side. May be you guys should wait few sec and see what the phone is doing after you dial.
In the similar lines when I use Google maps I do not hear the turn by turn navigation instruction on speaker / phone (it was audible before upgrade). Same is audible on the phone after disconnecting the bluetooth.

I believe its more of a lollipop problem because the bluetooth soundbar also behaves the same way with Moto G2.
Old 4th May 2015, 21:11   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Need to check with the SA this week during 10K service.
So its a common issue in some of the XUVs. If you get it sorted out please let me know how was it done. I don't want the ASC to keep experimenting with my XUV to get it sorted, hope your ASC is experienced enough and know the root of the issue.
Old 5th May 2015, 00:06   #3284
BHPian

Asking on behalf of a friend who has just bought a used XUV 5OO W8 (December 2011)

Which is the best Mahindra Authorised Service Centre in Delhi/ NCR (preferably around South Delhi) ?
Old 5th May 2015, 09:43   #3285
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Regarding the rattling from dashboard mentioned about, my XUV (2014 May) also has this issue.
The sound was less noticable during initial days, later around time of 5K service it got more noticiable and I asked the RM to check the same. Since the same is noticed only in certain speeds on certain roads (small undulations) RM was not able to get make out the source of the same.
Again complained the same during 10 K service and they readily agreed to pull apart dash board and check. Since I didnt want to do a trial and error method, decided against the same.

Strangely, the sound subsided around ~13K Kms, however has resurfaced now at about 18K Kms.

My doubt is that some part is loose behind the infotainment system towards right of glove box. This sound is not audible when driving over smooth roads, its only when you drive over broken roads it crops up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks