Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 21:59   #3391
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

I am not able to slide down my seat in second row to get into third row?

Any help on what I am doing wrong.
carbookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 22:23   #3392
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I am not able to slide down my seat in second row to get into third row?

Any help on what I am doing wrong.
Can you please elaborate on how you are trying to fold the seats.

The second row seats cannot be slided, you need to fold it down by pulling the lever on top of the seat near to seatbelt and then press the lever below the seat towards front to unlock the seat.

Hope this helps.
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 12:40   #3393
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
I am not able to slide down my seat in second row to get into third row?

Any help on what I am doing wrong.
Is the release lever stuck? I had this happen once on my colleague's XUV. You may have to take it to the service center to get it fixed.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th June 2015 at 14:23. Reason: Grammatical edits done
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 14:04   #3394
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Thanks guys.
I was able to tumble the seat. The lever apparently was stuck
carbookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 17:05   #3395
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post
Thanks guys.
I was able to tumble the seat. The lever apparently was stuck
I had this issue too. It is quite normal. If it is with the seat locks you can easily get them replaced or repaired.

Have a check on this, the next time your car goes in to MASS
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 18:34   #3396
Newbie
 
TrailBlazer007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 15
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Lots of people have faced this. Clutch pedal goes down and doesn't come up.
This is serious and would lead to eventual clutch failure. Mostly an issue with the clutch slave cylinder (not sure whether its the master or the slave cylinder which is problematic).
Booked an appointment for tomorrow.Though it hasn't re occurred,i would definitely follow up.Thank you.

On that note ,for the first time the infotainment hung too on vehicle start at the Mahindra logo screen.Restart fixed it.

I have a question,when i am nearing standstill speeds and press the brakes gently,i hear a groaning sound just fraction of a second before the car comes to a halt.
This also happens fraction of a second before i inch forward, after dis engaging the hand brake fully.Is it normal?brake bite is good though and does pretty well in panic braking.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 20:47   #3397
SDP
Team-BHP Support
 
SDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,502
Thanked: 6,787 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
...

I have a question,when i am nearing standstill speeds and press the brakes gently,i hear a groaning sound just fraction of a second before the car comes to a halt.
This also happens fraction of a second before i inch forward, after dis engaging the hand brake fully.Is it normal?brake bite is good though and does pretty well in panic braking.
Brake-groan issue is a very old issue and ideally not supposed to be present in newer cars. In early batches, the issue was solved with Galfer brake-pads. Please take it up with the service center and check if your brake-pads are Bausch or Galfer.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2015, 19:43   #3398
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I faced the same issue an year back, when the SA read the error codes it is showing some error with respect to SAS(Steering Alignment Sensor).
SA may just erase the error code but it may not solve the issue, steering alignment and calibration has to be done.
SA can do by connecting their diagnostic laptop.
Visited the service center today and had a long long day waiting for the Steering alignment sensor issue. Had been for a long test drive to replicate the issue, and I was able to do so. SA informed they have done some alignment and calibration to fix the issue, and also has informed me to get it aligned & calibrated again during my 1st service.

But to my surprise after I left from the service center, I noticed that the alignment was done really bad and the car was swerving to right. Immediately I drove down to Madhu's and got the alignment corrected. I noticed that it was misaligned very badly.

Overall, was not impressed by the troubleshooting done on the issue, will wait and see if the issue occurs again.
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 22:41   #3399
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 195
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Hi friends,

Need your help whether you have faced these clutch related issues. Mine is a Nov 2014 manufactured XUV W8, bought in December, and has covered 11K kms so far.

- When I drive within the city for around 30 minutes to 1 hour, the clutch becomes moderately hard. Always happens when there are lots of gear shifts involved.

- With the hard clutch, when I shift the gears from first to second, I hear a moderately loud "Thud" sound from below the body. When the sound occurs, I can also feel something under the clutch pedal as well. I don't feel this movement under my foot, during other gear shifts where no thud sound is involved.

During the recent second service, I had complained about this issue, and I took the car for a test drive along with the service adviser. As is usually the case, we could not reproduce the scenario. Anyone has any idea about this issue?

Regards,
Vivek
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:23   #3400
BHPian
 
fundagenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 443
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Have noticed the following issue for the last few days. Whenever I start the car the rear windshield defroster gets turned ON automatically. This is the button situated within the temperature control dial (the one on the left). And at times when in day light, I even miss to notice this being ON. And notice it only when driving through a shaded area or while adjusting the temperature. And I switch it OFF. Never faced this issue earlier. I had got my 40k service done just 2-3 weeks back. Any idea what could be the reason.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:17   #3401
BHPian
 
rahul_kej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 206
Thanked: 228 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
And notice it only when driving through a shaded area or while adjusting the temperature. And I switch it OFF. Never faced this issue earlier. I had got my 40k service done just 2-3 weeks back. Any idea what could be the reason.

FundaG
I think you should visit your ASC and get the error codes cleaned. At times even i would face this kind of issues, but once the system was diagnosed and error codes were cleaned, the issue didn't come up again.
rahul_kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 16:47   #3402
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Visited the service center today and had a long long day waiting for the Steering alignment sensor issue. Had been for a long test drive to replicate the issue, and I was able to do so. SA informed they have done some alignment and calibration to fix the issue, and also has informed me to get it aligned & calibrated again during my 1st service.

But to my surprise after I left from the service center, I noticed that the alignment was done really bad and the car was swerving to right. Immediately I drove down to Madhu's and got the alignment corrected. I noticed that it was misaligned very badly.

Overall, was not impressed by the troubleshooting done on the issue, will wait and see if the issue occurs again.
which service center did you visit? I am also interested in knowing the good ones in Bangalore. I live near Marathahalli and Sireesh Auto has one near by but I am not sure how good they are.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 20:09   #3403
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 972
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
which service center did you visit? I am also interested in knowing the good ones in Bangalore. I live near Marathahalli and Sireesh Auto has one near by but I am not sure how good they are.
I visited Anant cars BG road, there are some good reviews about them so I will hold my verdict till I get my first service done. But there is no surprise that the alignment will not be done properly similar to all other showrooms including other manufacturers, hence I will not consider my first visit to rate them. Will keep you posted about this dealer.

And I have heard that Sireesh Marathalli is good too. Probably fellow bhpians who have visited them can comment about them.
fusionbang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 23:38   #3404
BHPian
 
abhinavinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 72
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

I'm nearing 3 years on my July 2012 XUV W8, with just a few days remaining. My beast has done 49000 km with 50000 km service due. I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup. Also, on taking the foot off the pedal after accelerating to medium speeds, during engine braking the engine seems crude and worn out to a significant extent, with a mildly audible humming sound. It feels like the engine has really aged! Is there something I need to be careful about as my warranty is about to expire or is it normal?
FYI the car had been maintained properly and serviced at proper internals with no accident history.
abhinavinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 01:23   #3405
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 697
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
I'm nearing 3 years on my July 2012 XUV W8, with just a few days remaining. My beast has done 49000 km with 50000 km service due. I sense that engine performance isn't quite what it used to be, increased engine note, especially during startup. Also, on taking the foot off the pedal after accelerating to medium speeds, during engine braking the engine seems crude and worn out to a significant extent, with a mildly audible humming sound. It feels like the engine has really aged! Is there something I need to be careful about as my warranty is about to expire or is it normal?
FYI the car had been maintained properly and serviced at proper internals with no accident history.
ONly advice I have is that you should just get the 2 yr extended warranty to make it 5 yrs and have peace of mind.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metro and City Discrimination By Mahindra- XUV 500 Launch anjan_c2007 The Indian Car Scene 18 29th November 2011 15:10
Niggles, problems (Tyre and Stalling) in Palio 1.6 Sports 2007 anurag_p80 Technical Stuff 31 19th July 2010 17:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks