Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 14:10   #2986
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
From past few weeks, my XUV alarm goes off all of a sudden even though nobody touched it.
There were posts few months back by multiple owners about failure of bonnet switch. This was causing the alarm to get triggered in older models of vehicle.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:02   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
horizontal movement - I mean shoulder to shoulder ( or side to side) movements. 90% of the cards are FWD only.
in fact I find movements are less if I speed up a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
Horizontal movement is pretty much evident in my Xuv too. I was owning Duster and moved to xuv this May.
If there are undulations on the road, XUV is too bouncy. Duster was always planted on any kind of roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I am no expert in these things but as a xuv owner I would love to have this bounciness sorted out. Sometimes I wonder is it common in all other vehicles of similar size ? If not then why is it present in xuv alone ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
I am also having an AWD 10 month old XUV and the bounciness is so bad at low speeds over roads with undulations (and here in kerala the roads are carefully built for undulations) it throws one out of the trajectory
Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
I think he means "Body roll". It is very much noticeable especially in the middle row when the vehicle is plying on bad roads. However, given the how tall the vehicle is, I don't know if there is any way out. I have driven other tallboy vehicles such as Quanto, Scorpio etc and body roll is evident in all of them.
The horizontal movement seems something endemic to M&M vehicles probably the way they are designed. I have not driven the XUV extensively but my experience with the Scorpio is similar. The Wagon R also exhibited this to an extent on really bad patches, but this behaviour is absent / not visible to an extent in other large vehicles I have driven viz. Fortuner, Montero, Land Rover etc.

Last edited by m_upreti : 16th December 2014 at 15:04.
Old 16th December 2014, 15:33   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There were posts few months back by multiple owners about failure of bonnet switch. This was causing the alarm to get triggered in older models of vehicle.
I doubt its the bonnet cause i did face this issue last year and had that sensor replaced. During that time, i used to get an alarm while driving too, specially on broken roads. However this time it only happens when the car is parked. It never shows up while driving so i doubt its bonnet sensor again.
Old 16th December 2014, 18:56   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The horizontal movement seems something endemic to M&M vehicles probably the way they are designed. I have not driven the XUV extensively but my experience with the Scorpio is similar. The Wagon R also exhibited this to an extent on really bad patches, but this behaviour is absent / not visible to an extent in other large vehicles I have driven viz. Fortuner, Montero, Land Rover etc.
Exactly. If it due to physics of size then all similar size vehicles should exhibit it. I guess it is more to do with suspensions. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the affect?
Old 16th December 2014, 21:43   #2990
BHPian

XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

^^ Is there any body in this forum replaced XUV suspension (springs/dampers) with aftermarket ones? RedRooster has TEIN springs to use with OE dampers for XUV. Any feedback/after effects on such modifications?

Last edited by Twiny : 16th December 2014 at 21:46.
Old 17th December 2014, 10:16   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
^^ Is there any body in this forum replaced XUV suspension (springs/dampers) with aftermarket ones? RedRooster has TEIN springs to use with OE dampers for XUV. Any feedback/after effects on such modifications?
I have been trying to find the same answer for months. Tein suspension springs lower the vehicle slightly and also might reduce the bounciness a bit. But is it worth that investment ? We can only ask RRP to provide us a demo whether Tein makes any difference to the ride quality.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:49   #2992
BHPian

I ve driven stock as well tein modded Toyota fortuner. There s very noticeable difference. Don't know about XUV
cosmopolitan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 13:03   #2993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have been trying to find the same answer for months. Tein suspension springs lower the vehicle slightly and also might reduce the bounciness a bit. But is it worth that investment ? We can only ask RRP to provide us a demo whether Tein makes any difference to the ride quality.
XUV and Bouncy? Sure it does not cushion the bumps as well as some of the other SUVs but the dampers are over aggressive, for a vehicle of this height the bounce is well controlled, and gets better with speed.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 11:24   #2994
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried cleaning HVAC particle filter as a DIY task?

If so, can you please let know the location of the same.
Old 18th December 2014, 13:54   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has anyone tried cleaning HVAC particle filter as a DIY task?

If so, can you please let know the location of the same.
Here you go.

Doc1.doc
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 15:55   #2996
BHPian

XUV's lights are quite poor and just not sufficient to light the surface.
Can somebody please suggest me with which bulbs I can replace them for good light output even if the road lights are absent.
Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 07:05   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Can somebody please suggest me with which bulbs I can replace them for good light output even if the road lights are absent.
Thanks
For low beam you can for Philips or P8 HID .. for high beam , not advisable to go for HID. Instead fit a Hella 700 or Hella 3003 or even Hella 4000 ( if possible , connect to high beam wires )
Old 21st December 2014, 07:31   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
For low beam you can for Philips or P8 HID .. for high beam , not advisable to go for HID. Instead fit a Hella 700 or Hella 3003 or even Hella 4000 ( if possible , connect to high beam wires )
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, the philips or P8 HID tis a straight fit bulb and not any kit. What is the difference between kit and these. Any output variations.
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:44   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, the philips or P8 HID tis a straight fit bulb and not any kit. What is the difference between kit and these. Any output variations.
It comes with proper kit, but there are no major modifications required(drilling the bulb cover caps etc.,) just like those cheaper low branded HIDs.
Easy plug and install process. Good life. Wont have any impact on warranty.
But for high beam , you have few choices like the Hella Aux lights.
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:12   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Thanks
I am using morimoto HID for my low beams for almost a year and its been a good investment so far. Even did a night trip from Bangalore to chennai with one fused high beam and yet dint feel much of an issue due to to HID.

2 days back got OSRAM Nightbreaker plus for the high beams as well as static bending lights. Just did one night trip on the ill lit bannerghatta road stretch and all the three lights just gave a very good amount of lighting.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks