Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2015, 10:11   #3016

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I noticed that there was a jerk and a muted sound from the left back wheel while changing gears on my XUV500 AWD. I gave it for servicing at the Magadi road service centre. The sound seemed to have been fixed after service...However, there was a real jarring metal sound when the car was moved in reverse gear. I am now told that the PTU has an issue and will be replaced as part of the warranty. Anyone face something similar?

Regards,
Sash
Old 6th January 2015, 11:27   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carChef View Post
The infotainment system is saying that my car is due for service. Just had the 10K kms service done at around 9.2K as I was taking it for a long drive.
I am guessing your car crossed 10K KMS now and that is when the warning got displayed. Nothing to be alarmed about, the system just displays service due alert when you cross service interval based on odo readings (5K, 10K, 20K etc).

When you take the car for service, they clear the alert along with any system updates if any.

I guess since you took the car for service before the alert came at 9.2 K KMS, the service center forgot to clear / was unable to clear the alert.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 17:42   #3018
BHPian

New issue:

1. When I unlock the car, there is an audible beep four times. But when I lock the car, there is no audible beep. What could be this new issue
2. Is there any way to make the outside temperature remain on the display screen always - currently its only visible when I turn the AC temp knob.
3. Slight noise from front left suspension when the wheel goes over minor undulations. Small but irritating issue - is this a costly affair to repair?
4. Till when can I opt for an extended warranty? Mine is a June 2013 model.

Rest all seems fine in this pre-owned XUV. Getting around 11.5-12kmpl in my daily commute from Delhi to Gurgaon. The XUV loves 5th and 6th gears a lot (open roads )

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 6th January 2015 at 17:43.
Old 6th January 2015, 18:47   #3019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
New issue:

1. When I unlock the car, there is an audible beep four times. But when I lock the car, there is no audible beep. What could be this new issue
2. Is there any way to make the outside temperature remain on the display screen always - currently its only visible when I turn the AC temp knob.
3. Slight noise from front left suspension when the wheel goes over minor undulations. Small but irritating issue - is this a costly affair to repair?
4. Till when can I opt for an extended warranty? Mine is a June 2013 model.

Rest all seems fine in this pre-owned XUV. Getting around 11.5-12kmpl in my daily commute from Delhi to Gurgaon. The XUV loves 5th and 6th gears a lot (open roads )
Answers:
1. This 4 beeps means that your XUV's anti theft system got activated when you were not around. One of the most common reason for this is the "sensors" acting funny. It could be any one from all 5 doors or bonnet.
2. You do get to see outside temp even if you dont switch on the AC. Not sure why your XUV is not showing this.
3. Could be multiple reasons. I had something like this few months back and got to know that one of the shocker had gone kaput. Got it replaced under warranty.
3. Till June 2016.
Old 6th January 2015, 18:51   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Answers:
1. This 4 beeps means that your XUV's anti theft system got activated when you were not around. One of the most common reason for this is the "sensors" acting funny. It could be any one from all 5 doors or bonnet.
2. You do get to see outside temp even if you dont switch on the AC. Not sure why your XUV is not showing this.
3. Could be multiple reasons. I had something like this few months back and got to know that one of the shocker had gone kaput. Got it replaced under warranty.
3. Till June 2016.
Thanks Nitin!
1. This four beep thingy started yesterday only. I think its the electronics. For example, yesterday, the audio system switched off and on by itself while I was driving to work!
2. Strange. Shall ask the service manager later this week (showing my car for a quick check-up though service isnt needed)
3. Hmm..
4. So on the warranty booklet it says 2 yr warranty but I guess everyone gets a standard 3 yr right?

Thanks again. Much appreciated
Old 6th January 2015, 19:34   #3021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nitin!
1. This four beep thingy started yesterday only. I think its the electronics. For example, yesterday, the audio system switched off and on by itself while I was driving to work!
2. Strange. Shall ask the service manager later this week (showing my car for a quick check-up though service isnt needed)
3. Hmm..
4. So on the warranty booklet it says 2 yr warranty but I guess everyone gets a standard 3 yr right?

Thanks again. Much appreciated
Yes you get 3rd year extended warranty by default, so you are fine till 2016.

One this i forgot to ask, is yours W6 or W8. Reason being mine is W6 so it could be possible that W8 infotainment system doesn't show outside temp when AC is not on. But W6 infotainment does show this.
Old 6th January 2015, 22:59   #3022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think its the electronics. For example, yesterday, the audio system switched off and on by itself while I was driving to work!
1. Audio system rebooting is a different issue I guess. I have seen it reported by few members earlier. In my vehicle the same has happened exactly 3 times during past 13K Kms.
All 3 times it happened when navigation was ON and system had to re-route since I took deviation from suggested route.

2. I guess what Nitinralli mentioned is that outside temperature is displayed when you turn the AC knob. I guess this is the same case in your vehicle too as per what you mentioned.

If what you want is to get the outside temperature displayed always, I guess it may not be possible.
Old 6th January 2015, 23:04   #3023

I've noticed two issues with my new XUV that has clocked in around 4500 kms.

1. Steering vibration at speeds above 120 kmph. I drove it recently on the Mumbai-Pune expressway and was alarmed by the way the steering vibrated. Wondering if this is an issue with the road or something to do with wheel alignment as mentioned in earlier posts ?

2. It's been 2 months since I got my XUV and not even once has the TPMS raised an alert for low tire pressure. Could someone confirm if I should be checking air pressure only after I see an alert ?
Old 7th January 2015, 00:10   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
It's been 2 months since I got my XUV and not even once has the TPMS raised an alert for low tire pressure. Could someone confirm if I should be checking air pressure only after I see an alert ?
TPMS alert will be displayed only when air pressure is low dangerously. I am not sure, but I guess it is displayed when air pressure is around 20 PSI or less.

It is not advisable to have that low air pressure in tyre, especially if your drive has high speed drives as mentioned above.

Get your air pressure and alignment checked, the steering vibration should be fixed by that.
Old 7th January 2015, 00:40   #3025
BHPian

The AC issue re-surfaced again after close to 5 months of rest. Intermittently the AC will not have any cooling and for the past two days there is a hissing noise from the blower(Very low sound level, something like if you remove air from a balloon). When the issue occurs the blower fan runs at normal speed and AC indicator will be showing as ON.

Without doing anything special the cooling will start working. When it is cooling, it is able to cool really well, so I don't think this is a due to a gas leak. Planning to take it to service canter tomorrow. Anyone else faced same problem?

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 7th January 2015 at 00:42.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:27   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
1. Audio system rebooting is a different issue I guess. I have seen it reported by few members earlier. In my vehicle the same has happened exactly 3 times during past 13K Kms.
All 3 times it happened when navigation was ON and system had to re-route since I took deviation from suggested route.
Even Ii noticed this issue that the infotainment system is getting reboot all of a sudden while on Run, that too when navigation is ON. I guess it might be because of overheat when performing multiple functions at same time. Generally laptops & Mobiles used to have this overheat shutdown protection. Might be similar feature embedded here.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 10:55   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Intermittently the AC will not have any cooling and for the past two days there is a hissing noise from the blower(Very low sound level, something like if you remove air from a balloon).
I too noticed this sound couple of times during a drive of around 350 KMS. On hearing the hissing sound I was wondering if it was due to air loss or any hose leakage. I felt it was coming somewhere behind dash near driver side. However I did not notice any stoppage in AC.

After that instance the sound was not noticed again, have driven around 700 KMS post that incident.

Had checked the belts wondering if that was due belt slippage, however was not able to notice any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I guess it might be because of overheat when performing multiple functions at same time. Generally laptops & Mobiles used to have this overheat shutdown protection.
I don't think the issue is due to overheating, since all three times outside temperature was low and AC was ON. Twice it happened in quick succession when I was in Madikeri when it was raining outside and once last weekend near around 05.00 AM in morning when it was all foggy outside.

However all three times the issue was noticed when system had to re-route multiple times since I took a different turn than what was mentioned in the navigation. Even your scenario is similar to that, hence I guess it may be a bug in software.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:19   #3028
BHPian

Today morning I noticed that the clock was slow by 2 hours on the ICE display. It was perfect till Monday evening and I did not start the vehicle on Tuesday. Wonder how can it go slow unless the battery terminals are removed. Anyone faced this issue?

Also just to confirm, does both the static bending lights come up regardless of the direction of the turn?
Old 7th January 2015, 11:42   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
I too noticed this sound couple of times during a drive of around 350 KMS. On hearing the hissing sound I was wondering if it was due to air loss or any hose leakage. I felt it was coming somewhere behind dash near driver side. However I did not notice any stoppage in AC.
Do you mean a sound similar to an CD drive trying to read a CD - that kinda low hiss? I get it all the time in my car and seems to come from behind the air-con controls area. I was told by someone (dont recall now) that its due to a small fan that operates to keep the infotainment system cool.

Quote:

2. I guess what Nitinralli mentioned is that outside temperature is displayed when you turn the AC knob. I guess this is the same case in your vehicle too as per what you mentioned.

If what you want is to get the outside temperature displayed always, I guess it may not be possible.
Yep - was wondering if it (outside temp) can be displayed at all times. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Yes you get 3rd year extended warranty by default, so you are fine till 2016.

One this i forgot to ask, is yours W6 or W8. Reason being mine is W6 so it could be possible that W8 infotainment system doesn't show outside temp when AC is not on. But W6 infotainment does show this.
Good to know the 3rd year comes free. Will look at the extending the warranty next year then.
Mine is a June 2013 W8 AWD - picked it up last week via a bargain deal. The previous owner was a corporate company. Well kept, with 25098 on the clock
Old 7th January 2015, 11:48   #3030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was told by someone (dont recall now) that its due to a small fan that operates to keep the infotainment system cool.
Yes, there is a fan behind infotainment system. The sound of the same can be heard always.
However the sound I mentioned is different, it was like air escaping from tube and came only two times. I felt it came somewhere from right side dash area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks